CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #47 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it for just a second. If they find a minute drop of blood on the cinammon rolls, and they want to test for the victim's DNA, is it the drop of blood, or the whole batch of rolls that might be destroyed by testing? IMO
Well, I don't think it's the rolls that are the evidence, but what I'm trying to figure out is whether it's the piece of evidence with the DNA that is the concern, or is it just the sample of biological material they retrieve from the piece of evidence that can't be retested. If it's a tiny piece of material than it makes sense that they wouldn't be able to test it again. Imo

By the time this trial's over, though, hopefully everyone's revulsion for KK and her sweetie beauty of a plea deal will simply pale in comparison to their overwhelming feelings of loathing for PF.

We can never lose sight of this essential fact: PF swung the bat.

PF violently, viciously murdered KB, with their infant daughter in the home at the time.

By the time Dan May gets done recreating PF's bloody battering of KB, everybody's righteous fury will be squarely directed at the evil, malevolent automaton who killed KB with his own hands.

He isn't even human.

JMO.

Not me, I am already there with him and watching May recreate it will cement that even further. It will not, however, detract from what I think of KK. I see your point but just saying...

She had every chance to do something to stop this...

IIRC, when this issue first came up, they agreed to set the issue aside until after PF's first hearing. I also thought the DA indicated that it wasn't a critical piece of evidence.

Now I'm wondering if I misunderstood, and he meant that it wasn't critical for the first hearing, when the judge would decide if PF would stand trial. It's sure looking like it is important for trial, though. I would really like to know why there's any pushback against the defense witnessing the testing.

That reminds me...

Early in the case, this came up, right? And, wasn't that piece of evidence something recovered in Idaho where a discussion ensued as to how to best transport it to Colorado? I'm not sure if it's the same piece of evidence being talked about but, if it is, I can imagine the prosecution not wanting the defense around for testing if that evidence was something like a speck of blood on Krystal's baseball bat. Just some wild speculation there. In such a case, if the DNA belonged to Kelsey, it would not necessarily implicate KK as the killer but it would show that she brought the bat back with her. However, it could create doubt for a jury as to whether KK might have been the killer. If there aren't phone pings from her, in Idaho, prior to and on Thanksgiving and, we know she turned off the Google location app, it might give the defense an opening to finger KK as the one who swung the bat.

Yes, and another error was in 35.

"She then stated that she was actually at Frazee's residence in Colorado on Saturday, November 24th, 2019 from approximately 9am-4pm to look at a horse, and arrived back home in Utah on Sunday, November 25, 2018 around 10:30am or 11:00am after driving during the night."

She lives in Idaho :)
9am to 5pm... so easy to get mixed up with all the various docs and texts, etc.

That reminds me...

Early in the case, this came up, right? And, wasn't that piece of evidence something recovered in Idaho where a discussion ensued as to how to best transport it to Colorado? I'm not sure if it's the same piece of evidence being talked about but, if it is, I can imagine the prosecution not wanting the defense around for testing if that evidence was something like a speck of blood on Krystal's baseball bat. Just some wild speculation there. In such a case, if the DNA belonged to Kelsey, it would not necessarily implicate KK as the killer but it would show that she brought the bat back with her. However, it could create doubt for a jury as to whether KK might have been the killer. If there aren't phone pings from her, in Idaho, prior to and on Thanksgiving and, we know she turned off the Google location app, it might give the defense an opening to finger KK as the one who swung the bat.
Yes, I recall it being evidence in Idaho.

That reminds me...

No offense intended, but in retrospect, I think the small piece of evidence that was a problem to send was KB's gun. IMO

My guess is to put it on him. He wanted her to do the coffee, he wanted her to make friends with her and do a play date, etc. I wonder if it was not her own thing. She would not be the first woman to be jealous of the wife, fiance, baby mama and have to see her competition for herself...

Although I also do not doubt he suggested this or they came to this thought together either before I am jumped on for putting it on her.

IMO they are both as guilty as sin.
I remember reading in the arrest affidavit she suggested the medications which would make sense to me in a warped world. These are people with multiple guns yet they use a bat. It is just really puzzling. So, you wear a basic surgical covering to do the cleaning after using a bat. What?

Since DNA doesn't seem to be an issue in this case, I'm kind of mystified as to what this could be. All I can think of is a drop of something found on or in his truck, thus confirming he transported Kelsey's remains in it.

Could it be his DNA they are testing or is it definitely hers?

Don't know.

It would not be the unknown DNA that was found in Kelsey’s apartment, since they have already tested it and ruled out family members. Is my understanding correct about that?

I am so puzzled about the consumptive evidence. Seems they wouldn’t need to prove DNA for either KK or PF at the crime scene since they were both inside Kelsey’s home.

Though I have a tiny worry that KK made up the cleanup story because she knew they would have her DNA from her having been there and she had to explain why, and most importantly - when.

@Seattle1 said:
I agree the DP article is likely in error by including and/or referencing the child custody case status (sealed), with the initial wrongful death lawsuit, amended complaint, and subsequent motions regarding the same.

Denver Federal Court however is appropriate jurisdiction for the Berreth's claim as non residents.

I believe we will be seeing an updated/corrected DP story soon.

It's great that you feel the B's will prevail, but the federal judge isn't as far along in the case as you, and they don't normally jump to conclusions until the motions have been presented and argued. These are just the opening volleys in a lengthy procedural battle. IMO
Huh?

Nowhere in my post did I say that Berreth's would prevail. Or reference the judge...[BBM].

@Dave F. Tell me exactly where you read that in my post? Especially as the Berreth's filed an amended complaint that I'm not yet familiar with!!

Last edited:
By the time this trial's over, though, hopefully everyone's revulsion for KK and her sweetie beauty of a plea deal will simply pale in comparison to their overwhelming feelings of loathing for PF.

We can never lose sight of this essential fact: PF swung the bat.

PF violently, viciously murdered KB, with their infant daughter in the home at the time.

By the time Dan May gets done recreating PF's bloody battering of KB, everybody's righteous fury will be squarely directed at the evil, malevolent automaton who killed KB with his own hands.

He isn't even human.

JMO.

Oh, that goes w/o saying and I fully believe he will be convicted.

It's great that you feel the B's will prevail, but the federal judge isn't as far along in the case as you, and they don't normally jump to conclusions until the motions have been presented and argued. These are just the opening volleys in a lengthy procedural battle. IMO

Aside from the Berreth's interstate suit, can a legal guardian of baby K file a wrongful death suit, in Colorado, on behalf of her? Since she did live in CO and does have standing, wouldn't there be a good argument for it? I'd like to see the Berreths be granted the right to proceed and a suit on behalf of baby K.

This. I don't think he's a patient guy, and I suspect being inside is driving him crazy. He would probably love to call KK on the phone and cut loose, but even he isn't that stupid.

I don't think he'll plead because he has nothing to lose, the DA really has nothing to offer for a plea deal, and because of SF.

If he does get off, I don't see how the courts could refuse him custody of Baby K. SF wants Baby K in the Frazee family.
If it is proven this child was present during a homicide that is a problem.

That reminds me...

I'm guessing that piece of evidence recovered in ID was KB's gun. Remember KK took the gun and gave it to someone in ID.

I remember reading in the arrest affidavit she suggested the medications which would make sense to me in a warped world. These are people with multiple guns yet they use a bat. It is just really puzzling. So, you wear a basic surgical covering to do the cleaning after using a bat. What?

The Dynamic Duo scored high in style points, but the technical skills just weren't there; and that made the overall score plummet. IMO

Yeah, and all of the discussion about burner phones while they drove around using their own.

Darwin award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member