GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up here, is there now possible validity that the girls were alive during the drive to the oil tank?

I thought CW was seen via the neighbor's video surveillance loading the bodies into his truck bed? I also thought the autopsies supported that?

"The video, recorded by a neighbor’s security camera, shows Chris Watts walking to his truck, which at times was parked in the driveway near the garage and other times was parked on the street. In the videos from the neighbor’s security camera, Chris Watts can be seen walking in the upper left hand corner from his home to his truck or to the street.

Shortly after, he backs his truck up his driveway, and parks a portion of the bed of the truck in his garage.

Watts is later shown getting in to his truck and pulling it forward, where the view is obstructed by a tree. Watts sits in his truck for a moment before driving north, away from his home. Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke told CBS4 the truck was used to transport Watts’ deceased family to the property of an oil and gas company where he worked at the time."

Video Shows Chris Watts Loading Truck After Killing Pregnant Wife, Daughters

I'm trying to catch up here, is there now possible validity that the girls were alive during the drive to the oil tank?

I thought CW was seen via the neighbor's video surveillance loading the bodies into his truck bed? I also thought the autopsies supported that?

"The video, recorded by a neighbor’s security camera, shows Chris Watts walking to his truck, which at times was parked in the driveway near the garage and other times was parked on the street. In the videos from the neighbor’s security camera, Chris Watts can be seen walking in the upper left hand corner from his home to his truck or to the street.

Shortly after, he backs his truck up his driveway, and parks a portion of the bed of the truck in his garage.

Watts is later shown getting in to his truck and pulling it forward, where the view is obstructed by a tree. Watts sits in his truck for a moment before driving north, away from his home. Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke told CBS4 the truck was used to transport Watts’ deceased family to the property of an oil and gas company where he worked at the time."

As of now we aren't 100% sure. It came from a podcast tonight and the podcasters claim to have inside info. They've been very wrong in the past so it's hard to know about this one. It's possible that this is a new story that CW is telling people. It's also possible that it's a rumor based on absolutely nothing or that CW really IS telling people but it's not true. I'm not sure that I believe it even if the information came from CW himself.

I think CW planned this, but only planned to kill his wife. The kids were not controlling his life, bank account, causing his financial problems. The kids were not in a heated argument with him. If the kids were still in his life and his wife were gone (went to see a friend and never came back), his mistress would probably still be in his life, and his life would be perfect. It makes no sense to kill the kids. He was in love with the kids and only wanted his wife out of his life. But one of his kids walked in on this and the plan changed. And Chris, in his own sick mind, became enraged because he wasn't going to see the kids again, which (to only him) justifies him killing his wife. IMO

Grandparents: Bella Watts Pleaded For Life Before Father Chris Killed Her

FREDERICK, Colo. (CBS4) – Convicted family murderer Chris Watts killed his daughter just moments after she pleaded for her life, according to Frank and Sandy Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ parents. The Rzucek family shared the details of the unreleased new prison confession during an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. The episode of Dr. Phil’s show will air on Tuesday afternoon at CBS4.

According to the Dr. Phil show, the Rzuceks also shared what Chris Watts said to his daughters before he killed them in their home in Frederick. (Watts also killed Shanann.)

In an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil, Steven Lambert of the Grant & Hoffman Law Firm said Chris Watts murdered his wife moments after he asked for a divorce.

“They got in to a fight. In that fight, he essentially confessed to having an affair. He wanted a divorce. It was pretty much over between them,” Lambert said. “She had said something to the effect of, ‘Well, you’re never going to see the kids again.’ As a consequence for that conversation, he strangled her. To death.”

Lambert said Watts’ eldest daughter, Bella, walked in to the room as he was attacking his wife.

“Bella walked in and asked, ‘What are you doing with Mommy?’” Lambert said.

Last week, an attorney for the Rzuceks told CBS4’s Dillon Thomas his clients were briefed on the Feb. 18 prison meeting between Watts and investigators. He said his clients were prepared to share their story prior to the release of the audio recording, which is set to be released Thursday by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
[...]
CBS4 plans to share the redacted version of Watts’ lengthy prison confession. CBI officials tell CBS4 the interview involved federal, state and local investigators.

As of now we aren't 100% sure. It came from a podcast tonight and the podcasters claim to have inside info. They've been very wrong in the past so it's hard to know about this one. It's possible that this is a new story that CW is telling people. It's also possible that it's a rumor based on absolutely nothing or that CW really IS telling people but it's not true. I'm not sure that I believe it even if the information came from CW himself.

I see. It sounds like this is vile sensationalism around an already gruesome circumstance.

I'm trying to figure out CW's motive in the release of (alleged) additional facts at this point.

I don’t think I want to know anymore this is going to be worse than we ever imagined. If this podcast is true and he did drive them to the oil tanks, alive, with their dead mother wrapped up in the car with them then I’m going to have to be done with this case. Hoping it’s just Chinese whispers but I still can’t fathom that little Bella saw her dead mummy and begged her own father for her life. He’s evil in every sense of the word and more. I hope he sees the faces of his beautiful family every time he closes his eyes. Knowing what he’s done then seeing that he’s ordering cookies and donuts from commissary, receiving fan mail like some sort of twisted, sick celebrity.

As for his motive, releasing details. Could it be possible he’s blaming his parents, or still doesn’t want to speak to them. By him confessing all these vile details he thinks they might just leave him alone and stop contacting him? Has he realised he’s been raised by narcissists? MOO

Dillon Thomas‏Verified account @DillonMThomas
—WATTS FINAL WORDS— More: According to our partners @DrPhil, Chris Watts’ eldest daughter, Bella, pleaded with her dad...moments before he killed her. The two-part interview with Shanann’s parents will start tomorrow, on @CBSDenver 4pm.

7:34 AM - 4 Mar 2019 pst

Dillon Thomas‏Verified account @DillonMThomas
—NEW WATTS MURDERS INFO— Lawyer for Shanann Watts’ parents, the Rzucek’s, told @DrPhil Bella Watts might’ve witnessed her mother’s murder, before her father turned on her Watts allegedly heard Bella ask, “What are you doing to Mommy?” More on Dr. Phil 3/5, before @CBSDenver 5p

1:13 PM - 4 Mar 2019

If the story yesterday is what is released Thursday (8th), then it's just more CW lies and blame! Now he's not only blaming Shanann, he's blaming Bella! Shanann "made him do it!' Not that different from his original story, except he admits killing the girls. So, he kills Shanann because she threatens to take his children AND THEN he kills the children he doesn't want to lose?

How does this help anyone, except maybe CW? I felt sick when I read it and I still feel sick.

If the story yesterday is what is released Thursday (8th), then it's just more CW lies and blame! Now he's not only blaming Shanann, he's blaming Bella! Shanann "made him do it!' Not that different from his original story, except he admits killing the girls. So, he kills Shanann because she threatens to take his children AND THEN he kills the children he doesn't want to lose?

How does this help anyone, except maybe CW? I felt sick when I read it and I still feel sick.

Yeah, Shanann made him kill her because she threatened to take the girls and he had to kill the girls because Bella woke up and caught him wrapping up her dead mother's body. I don't know about you, but I can almost feel the remorse from here. :confused:

No, I don't believe the story of them being alive in the truck is true. The attorney, Lambert, has stated the girls were smothered after Bella walked in while CW was strangling her mother. This makes sense since we know that Bella fought back. She knew what was coming, poor thing. That is horrible enough.
The other story is coming from podcasters who have already proven themselves to be liars. I don't give them any credibility at all. They apparently have a few screws loose. Imo

I do believe, so far, that CW told this new version to his fami!y, apparently yesterday. But I don't think it will match up to what he told investigators on Feb 18. Just my own 2 cents worth.
Does he hate his mother and father so much that he would make fools of them once again?

In his warped mind does he think that relating a tale that is so vile and over the top will in the end, when ppl find out he is once again lying......think "oh, he only killed them at home thank goodness, and since Sw said she would take his kids away.....what's a guy to do?"

Forget the truthfulness or lack of, by the podcaster mrs kay. I think anyone who listened to the previous podcasts by the 2 Watts friends would recognize the grief in their voices and demeanor last night. Whether or not CW was lying, again, I think it's clear he told his family he killed the kids at Cervi.

Did he? We may never know. I don't see anything in discovery that would preclude it.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe the story of them being alive in the truck is true. The attorney, Lambert, has stated the girls were smothered after Bella walked in while CW was strangling her mother. This makes sense since we know that Bella fought back. She knew what was coming, poor thing. That is horrible enough.
The other story is coming from podcasters who have already proven themselves to be liars. I don't give them any credibility at all. They apparently have a few screws loose. Imo

No go back and listen to the clip. It is spliced together.

Yeah, Shanann made him kill her because she threatened to take the girls and he had to kill the girls because Bella woke up and caught him wrapping up her dead mother's body. I don't know about you, but I can almost feel the remorse from here. :confused:
I can just hear Ronnie and Mommy Watts now. "Well, she told him he would never see his children again! He loved those kids! No wonder he lost it. What was he supposed to do?" Imo

I have read several posts of the transcript and I haven't read that he said they were alive in the truck.
Which clip is It? I have not seen it.
MsBetsy, the part about being alive in the truck is from a podcast last night, unrelated to what the lawyer says. Remember those Dr Phil episodes are pre-recorded, maybe by a week or more.
The podcast is easy to find on youtube, it's very long, about 2 hours.

MsBetsy, the part about being alive in the truck is from a podcast last night, unrelated to what the lawyer says. Remember those Dr Phil episodes are pre-recorded, maybe by a week or more.
The podcast is easy to find on youtube, it's very long, about 2 hours.
Yes, I know. I was talking about the statements from Lambert. I don't recall him saying anything about the children being alive in the truck.
I did not listen to the podcast because I have heard enough of what they have said right here. I just don't find them to be credible, therefore I am hesitant to believe the story about them being alive in the truck, as it contradicts Lamberts statement that the kids were smothered in the home.
I tend to believe an attorney over whoever the podcasters are. From what I have heard they are not credible.
Did Dr. Phil indicate that the kids were alive in the truck as well? Whom did he say he got that informatiin from? I would rather wait until I hear the whole episode before coming to any conclusions about what he says as well! Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77