Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trespass isn't a charge against him, as trespass is a civil, not criminal, offence. However the judge did word it that he had entered as a trespasser to commit burglary.
I may be wrong, but wouldn't that mean the burglary didn't involve forced entry? Like he just took advantage of an unlocked door, rather than breaking in.

Anecdotally speaking, that's how most burglaries in this area seem to take place - doors are simply tried, and generally during the middle of the day.

Because of the way housing is laid out in the Newland area, with several terraces of maybe a dozen houses across two sides running off the main street at regular intervals, back gardens are generally overlooked by quite a few houses. Physically breaking in creates too much noise.

From the back of my house, I can clearly see the back of another thirteen houses.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but wouldn't that mean the burglary didn't involve forced entry? Like he just took advantage of an unlocked door, rather than breaking in.

I don't know the answer to that, but that was what I thought when I first read it. Otherwise it usually says forced entry or breaking and entering

Courts adopt burglary guidelines

Courts Adopt Burglary Sentencing Guidelines
Lord Justice Leveson, chairman of the Sentencing Council for England and Wales, said last year: "We do not recommend every single burglar in every circumstance should go to jail.

"We advise, consistent with the law, that judges should consider harm and culpability: greater harm and greater culpability always jail, but lesser harm and lesser culpability, not necessarily.

"The crime of burglary is not simply a crime against property, it is a crime against the person."

The council said the lowest level of offenders, for whom a non-custodial community sentence might be appropriate, could include those with no previous convictions who did not force entry and took goods of low value.

Its guidelines are the first overall advice for sentencing for the different types of burglary offences.

Yet again you assume she walked to the park.

You can't get out of that loop.
Maybe I'm not being clear. I do not think / assume she walked to the park at all. I think it highly unlikely that she'd have set off from that bench on foot without at least one camera picking her up.

We've been told she was last seen near a bench at 12.09.

From then I've merely reacted to suggestions that she's probably in water somewhere and I'm trying to figure out how that would feasibly happen of her own volition from that bench.

If PR started to give her a lift home, even if he dropped her somewhere along the way for whatever reason, I can't see her getting to the park without being seen. It's a quick trip around the corner to her home. I personally think she'd have been found.

The water courses near to her home have been searched. On a much earlier thread somebody said it would be unlikely that she get far in water from there.

So if she did get to the park and from there to the river or pond my assumption is somebody gave her a lift. It might be wrong.

So no, I don't think she walked to the park.

Anecdotally speaking, that's how most burglaries in this area seem to take place - doors are simply tried, and generally during the middle of the day.

Brrr. I have gotten so much more jumpy about personal safety and security since following this thread. Is this a side-effect of joining Websleuths, and does it pass? I feel my threat sensors are set to oversensitive.

Need a bot periodically posting that old Crimewatch sign-off:
"Don't have nightmares...do sleep well!" :eek:

Maybe I'm not being clear. I do not think / assume she walked to the park at all. I think it highly unlikely that she'd have set off from that bench on foot without at least one camera picking her up.

We've been told she was last seen near a bench at 12.09.

From then I've merely reacted to suggestions that she's probably in water somewhere and I'm trying to figure out how that would feasibly happen of her own volition from that bench.

If PR started to give her a lift home, even if he dropped her somewhere along the way for whatever reason, I can't see her getting to the park without being seen. It's a quick trip around the corner to her home. I personally think she'd have been found.

The water courses near to her home have been searched. On a much earlier thread somebody said it would be unlikely that she get far in water from there.

So if she did get to the park and from there to the river or pond my assumption is somebody gave her a lift. It might be wrong.

So no, I don't think she walked to the park.
At last!

I think that's a really good point. I can't imagine how methodical a house search in a case like this must be.

When a guy on my old street was arrested for a drugs bust you woudlnt believe how intense the search was.

They were carrying out fireplaces and door frames and allsorts and that was just for drugs..

Not sure what they found but we didn't see him for about 3 years :D

Time is running out for his imprisonment. They need something to charge him with. I wonder if they will find a new ‘minor’ crime or whether they believe there is the silver bullet they have missed.

Unless it is something very persuasive, I can see him being released next week.

Last edited:
Time is running out for his imprisonment. They need something to charge him with. I wonder if they will find a new ‘minor’ crime or whether they believe there is the silver bullet they have missed.

Unless it is something very persuasive, I can see him being released next week.

I am still surprised his solicitor/lawyer didn't apply for bail. Although going by some posts here he is certainly safer on remand :rolleyes:

Courts adopt burglary guidelines

Courts Adopt Burglary Sentencing Guidelines
Lord Justice Leveson, chairman of the Sentencing Council for England and Wales, said last year: "We do not recommend every single burglar in every circumstance should go to jail.

"We advise, consistent with the law, that judges should consider harm and culpability: greater harm and greater culpability always jail, but lesser harm and lesser culpability, not necessarily.

"The crime of burglary is not simply a crime against property, it is a crime against the person."

The council said the lowest level of offenders, for whom a non-custodial community sentence might be appropriate, could include those with no previous convictions who did not force entry and took goods of low value.

Its guidelines are the first overall advice for sentencing for the different types of burglary offences.
Could stealing very personal sexually related items and personal photos be deemed to be more psychologically damaging than just electrical goods and bank statements?

I know I'd be far more freaked out losing things like that, with zero resale value, than losing a few lap tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592