MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally we have an answer! This perp was suspected from the beginning. After two years, the facts came together to arrest him.

Now, will he give up where Dani’s body is? The thought of parents having to live with this unknown while the creep who took her precious life knows where it is, would haunt me the rest of my life!

There needs to be an additional law/punishment for these murderers who won’t tell where their victims are. JMO.

If FG is allowed to plead to second degree murder, the advantage is of course that he won’t drag Dani’s family (and his own) through a trial and any appeals. I don’t know if that is likely though. My opinion is that the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office is really tough on murderers, maybe the toughest in the state. I don’t think they will back away from a first degree murder trial. That’s just my opinion so I don’t have any metrics or firm data to back that up, but based on conversations with attorneys who have worked in the state and trials we’ve watched go through Oakland County vs other counties.

FG stalked Dani at her office and then set a trap for her the night she disappeared. Dani’s disappearance and murder absolutely fits the description of premeditated. Strongly. He is a violent predator and deserves a sentence of LWOP. No other women should ever be threatened by him again. So I am hoping there is no plea offer.

Well, I would generally agree with you but if the flip side is getting closure by learning the details and having her body, I think they will offer a plea. I know the definition of premeditated, and yes, it fits, but 2nd degree is still usually at LEAST 20 years, and he’s already in prison for at least 20. Additionally, AG Nessel just said “if there is a trial,” which implies there may be a guilty plea. No way will he plead guilty when there’s mandatory life without parole. I think she also mentioned the prosecutor will be a special prosecutor from Wayne County and Wayne County handles plea deals often.

Just food for thought from a legal strategy perspective.

Well, I would generally agree with you but if the flip side is getting closure by learning the details and having her body, I think they will offer a plea. I know the definition of premeditated, and yes, it fits, but 2nd degree is still usually at LEAST 20 years, and he’s already in prison for at least 20. Additionally, AG Nessel just said “if there is a trial,” which implies there may be a guilty plea. No way will he plead guilty when there’s mandatory life without parole. I think she also mentioned the prosecutor will be a special prosecutor from Wayne County and Wayne County handles plea deals often.

Would the sentence run concurrently, though?

Nessel announces murder charge in Stislicki case, vows 'justice'

Lansing — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced a murder charge Tuesday against a 32-year-old man suspected in the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki.

A charge of premeditated first-degree murder was filed Monday in 47th District Court in Farmington Hills against Floyd Russell Galloway, according to online court records. He's to be arraigned at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in 47th District Court in Farmington Hills.

"I am committed to all of you, we are obviously going to be prosecuting your daughter's killer and we will not rest until she gets the justice she deserves," Nessel said at a news conference that included Stislicki's parents and sisters...

If there is a trial, where would it be held given that a prosecutor from Wayne County is handling the case?

Any thoughts on why charges weren't brought by Oakland County Prosecutor?

If there is a trial, where would it be held given that a prosecutor from Wayne County is handling the case?

Any thoughts on why charges weren't brought by Oakland County Prosecutor?

Umm... I’d normally say Oakland County but I don’t think it would have been held in Oakland County anyway because of the publicity. Any attorney worth their salt would ask for a venue change. Wayne Co. special prosecutor would typically travel. It could be Wayne since he’s got connections there and they probably wouldn’t dispute that venue. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see It end up in maybe Macomb, Genesee or Ingham (because of size and media requirements) but we won’t know until the preliminary motions are filed.

And in terms of Oakland County, I think politics and conviction rates play a role but it’s all discretionary. There’s really no rush to prosecute when he’s already locked up, especially if they are still looking for her and only have circumstantial evidence. You only get one chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member