GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping I would believe his story but I'm still skeptical because as other people have stated, he said Shanann " supposedly" threatened to keep him from the girls yet he killed them anyway after driving to his work site 45 minutes away, and even though he admitted to killing the children he did still make it seem as though he was goaded and enraged into killing Shanann and there's a lot of other thoughts that I have about that! for example in a similar situation someone being cheated on might threaten to go to the mistress with information about intimacy or pregnancy or other factors we may not know about. He killed because he feared he would not see his kids but then he killed his kids thus making it definitive that he would never see them again!!! It makes no sense, but then again he's a liar and a dumbass so I'm not sure what to believe?!?!!?!

Yep that’s why I said I think he’s telling the truth but not the whole truth. I still think it was pre planned.

I think from the part of Bella walking in and going forward from there is true. But that it happened because of an argument I just don’t believe. Too much points to it being preplanned.

And then he struggled to follow through on the girls, hence leaving them to the last minute.

He didn’t claim that Shanann was killed in a fight, he claimed that she was killed as a consequence of one.

This still allows for her to be caught off guard.

The kids thought mommy was sick, so there wouldn’t have been screams.

Once they reached the oil site, there would have been no one to hear them, if they did scream in terror.

No child is going to be able to inflict the slightest amount of damage on a strong, much larger, determined man.

Cece never saw it coming; Bella was powerless to stop it.

I don’t want to believe it, but I mostly do.

You can't know this for a fact; it sounds too easy, too perfect. He should've gone to trial so everything

What about scratching and bruising he surely would've gotten trying to dispose of the girls in a water tank with an 8 in diameter? His hands should've been scratched/cut to pieces. I'm assuming they were made of steel. Even if they were made of plastic, there should've been damaged to his hands/arms.

I was hoping I would believe his story but I'm still skeptical because as other people have stated, he said Shanann " supposedly" threatened to keep him from the girls yet he killed them anyway after driving to his work site 45 minutes away, and even though he admitted to killing the children he did still make it seem as though he was goaded and enraged into killing Shanann and there's a lot of other thoughts that I have about that! for example in a similar situation someone being cheated on might threaten to go to the mistress with information about intimacy or pregnancy or other factors we may not know about. He killed because he feared he would not see his kids but then he killed his kids thus making it definitive that he would never see them again!!! It makes no sense, but then again he's a liar and a dumbass so I'm not sure what to believe?!?!!?!

I feel his story is true, in that he took the girls alive to his work site. However I'm guessing there's elements of truth and pretense interwoven together.

My guess is he had been fantasizing about killing SW for awhile. He clearly hated her in the end and she was a burden to him in his sick demented fantasy of his new life with NK. Maybe they did fight and she said things as people do in the heat of the moment when they find out their partner is cheating. He at some point obviously found a chance to murder her when she couldn't fight back.

I too believe he killed those kids because he wanted them gone. They were a burden to him and his new life. Maybe he ran out of time to kill the girls before they left. The sun was coming up and he needed them all out of the house before being seen by neighbors. I feel sick saying this, but alternatively maybe it was easier for him to take the kids out to the site and murder them there, less hassle and clean up etc (although wasn't it reported that there were multiple hairs in his truck? Not sure if that turned out to be true?).
Yup, he was already trying to frame Shanann for the murder of the girls before he slaughtered them. Inserting a narcissistic, self-serving, lying letter to his family implying SW may harm him. PUHLEEEESE!!!!!!!

He's a vile, manipulative coward who thought he was too smart to get caught by LE.
His stupidity got him caught almost immediately and his "I found the lord" turn around is worthless braying.

Lying liars who lie will continue to do so.

He is STILL a self-serving, monstrous brute, who not only murdered his exhausted, pregnant wife -- he killed his own two helpless little girls with his bare hands, even when Bella begged him to spare her life. There is no salvation for him. He is evil incarnate.

moo

Prisons are full of people who turn to God, particularly those in the paedophile wing. Louis Therouxs documentary on that is pretty telling. Despite many of these men being depraved and unemphatic, something in their consciences doesn't sit right with them. They turn to God to hide behind ideas of redemption, believing that by saying ten hail Marys all their bad deeds will go away. Not a chance in hell.

Last edited:
Chris Watts' 4-year-old pleaded for her life, attorney says - CNN
Chris Watts' 4-year-old daughter knew her mother and younger sister, Celeste, had just been killed -- and she feared she would be next.

"Please Daddy, don't do to me what you just did to Cece," said Bella, according to a lawyer for the family of Shanann Watts, the girls' mother.

Earlier, Bella had walked into the room just after Watts had strangled his wife, Shanann, and was wrapping her in a sheet to dispose of her body. "What are you doing with Mommy?" Bella asked her father.

Bella's last words and other details about the disturbing familial murders were revealed by attorney Steven Lambert on Tuesday's "Dr. Phil" show.

[...]

"I don't think he will ever tell us. I don't think he will give an honest assessment of why he did what he did, how he did what he did," Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said.

But in the "Dr. Phil" interview, Lambert said the couple got into a fight and Chris Watts confessed he was having an affair. He also said he wanted a divorce and declared that their relationship was over.

"And she had said something to the effect of, 'Well, you're not gonna see the kids again.' As a consequence of that conversation, he strangled her to death," Lambert said.

As Watts was preparing to move the body, Bella walked in and asked about her mother, Lambert said.

"She's 4, what we've been told she's quite smart -- was quite smart -- and knew something likely was up. And what he said was that, 'Mommy is sick, we need to take her to the hospital to make her better,'" Lambert said.

Lambert said his understanding is that Chris Watts put Shanann's body in his truck and then put his children, who were alive at the time, into the truck. He took Celeste's favorite blanket and smothered her, Lambert said.

"At this point, Bella had unbuckled herself from the vehicle," Lambert said. Watts walked back to the truck and that's when Bella made the plea for her life, Lambert said.

BBM

That statement pisses me off!

You can't know this for a fact; it sounds too easy, too perfect. He should've gone to trial so everything

What about scratching and bruising he surely would've gotten trying to dispose of the girls in a water tank with an 8 in diameter? His hands should've been scratched/cut to pieces. I'm assuming they were made of steel. Even if they were made of plastic, there should've been damaged to his hands/arms.
No, that’s precisely why I said “I mostly believe it.”

As to the oil tank, that is not in dispute by anyone.

The children’s bodies were literally pulled from the tanks, once they were drained.

He stuffed them in those hatches, Bella’s hair was found around the opening, and her body was scraped.

This is a fact, supported by evidence.

The autopsy report did not find oil in the toddler's lungs, IIRC.

The girls were already smothered to death when he crammed them in there.

How would they have left scratch marks on him with a blanket over their faces? Their little fingernails were cut short.

They were tiny, any kicks would have been feeble and not left bruising. This is a big, fit, muscular man, probably wearing clothes..

moo

Last edited:

Someone did an experiment here and fitting a child that was Bella's size into that size opening worked easily.

This situation is beyond any words I have.
I ask myself how I can keep my sweet babies from ending up in a relationship with someone like CW.
The devastation that Shannan’s family must feel... again I have no words.

I’m not understanding your post. It is a fact that he put them in the oil tanks.

I feel his story is true, in that he took the girls alive to his work site. However I'm guessing there's elements of truth and pretense interwoven together.

My guess is he had been fantasizing about killing SW for awhile. He clearly hated her in the end and she was a burden to him in his sick demented fantasy of his new life with NK. Maybe they did fight and she said things as people do in the heat of the moment when they find out their partner is cheating. He at some point obviously found a chance to murder her when she couldn't fight back.

I too believe he killed those kids because he wanted them gone. They were a burden to him and his new life. Maybe he ran out of time to kill the girls before they left. The sun was coming up and he needed them all out of the house before being seen by neighbors. I feel sick saying this, but alternatively maybe it was easier for him to take the kids out to the site and murder them there, less hassle and clean up etc (although wasn't it reported that there were multiple hairs in his truck? Not sure if that turned out to be true?).

Prisons are full of people who turn to God, particularly those in the paedophile wing. Louis Therouxs documentary on that is pretty telling. Despite many of these men being depraved and unemphatic, something in their consciences doesn't sit right with them. They turn to God to hide behind ideas of redemption, believing that by saying ten hail Marys and all their bad deeds will go away. Not a chance in hell.

I believe that the most criminal people can be forgiven by God.

Even Jeffrey Dahmer seemed to repent and find redemption.

And that's all good.

Unfortunately for him and people like CW the consequences of their bad acts keep following them in this world.

Dahmer was viciously killed by a fellow inmate.

Chris will always be looking over his shoulder, expecting the same end which will give him one last whimper of fame.

This situation is beyond any words I have.
I ask myself how I can keep my sweet babies from ending up in a relationship with someone like CW.
The devastation that Shannan’s family must feel... again I have no words.
ITA. Yet Shanann's family have taken the high road, and maintained grace and dignity throughout.

They even spared CW's rotten, worthless life from the DP because they felt it was the right thing to do.

I wish I could say the same about CW's family.

All they have done is slander SW in the worst possible way and continued to deny that sonny boy was culpable for his evil actions and that somehow, Shanann was to blame for "goading" him into committing these evil murders.

Where are the Watt's family's outrage and horror for their beautiful slaughtered granddaughters and unborn grandson??? NOTHING. Their silence is deafening, as though the children their son murdered in cold blood never existed.

The juxtaposition between the two families is remarkable. And quite chilling.

moo

Last edited:
  1. Copy the text in the post you want to quote.
  2. Go to the reply box (where you type your post) and click on the 4th icon from the right in the toolbar. In the drop-down box, select "Quote."
  3. Paste your text in
  1. Copy the text in the post you want to quote.
  2. Go to the reply box (where you type your post) and click on the 4th icon from the right in the toolbar. In the drop-down box, select "Quote."
  3. Paste your text in between the brackets.
Mommypommy
What possible reason would CW have to lie about such a monstrous thing as murdering Bella when she begged him not to?

If CW was on top of Shanann, pretending to have make up sex, it would be easy for him to grab her around the throat and stifle any screams she may have had. She was pregnant, had lupus and was exhausted. He likely ambushed her. She may not have had the energy to try to claw him and fight back because she was confused and in shock. He's strong, working out, and SW was much smaller, ill and pregnant. The second leading cause of death for pregnant women is homicide.

Bella may have been in such terror and shock she may not have clawed or kicked him, she struggled because she couldn't breathe as he smothered her. The toddlers were tiny. They can't fight against a large brute of a man who was physically fit and strong. Any kicks against him were probably not strong enough to leave bruises and their little fingernails were too short to leave scratch marks.

moo

I believe most of this. Parts he claims I am not so sure about such as they had a fight/s. Shanann stated he would never see the kids etc. etc. The one thing that is really upsetting for me today is those two little girls in that truck with their Mommy at their feet. I can see these two trying to "wake" mommy. What was said by CW to those little girls during that 45 minute drive. I'm sure they were confused and terrified. Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Loved this!
I don't know if I believe the fight story. He is using that to justify the Murder. Your right if his anger was over the "not seeing the girls" comment. .Why kill them.? you surely wouldn't see them then..right.
If you truly snap in a rage, like he is saying it would make more sense for that rage to have instantly been turned around on the girls.. not an hour or more later. imo.
It wouldn't have mattered if she said that anyway. His mind was made up way before Shanann returned home. The girls and Shanann did not fit into his new plans. He didn't want to be a divorced Dad with pesky visitations on weekends and having to keep Shanann in his life. They would have all been a burden. He will probably say how he had to kill them after Bella saw...or in his sick mind he did it for their sake or some other BS. Once a Liar...
I really believe he had this planned and for it to "work" the girls had to go to. I just don't know why he would lie about such a sick way to kill his daughters, so maybe he did wait and Murder them there. I don't know. sigh.
-sorry for the ramble.

I believe him. I also believe his soul is black, and he is evil. Hearing the details we've all heard today literally feels like a punch in my gut. I feel sick.

Prisons are full of people who turn to God, particularly those in the paedophile wing. Louis Therouxs documentary on that is pretty telling. Despite many of these men being depraved and unemphatic, something in their consciences doesn't sit right with them. They turn to God to hide behind ideas of redemption, believing that by saying ten hail Marys all their bad deeds will go away. Not a chance in hell.

I don't believe anything he says. I would like to know what he is trying to trade this information for. Is he bargaining so he can be transferred closer to home, for example? Or is this another way to twist the knife and play with Rcuzek's a bit more? I just don't believe he suddenly found a conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member