GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's simple- they appeared to be the perfect family. An attractive couple. Beautiful kids. Huge, gorgeous house. Trips. Family fun. Positive portrayal on social media.

They seemed to have what most people want. They had it all.

There was not one sign that something this horrific could happen. As a few had said, there was nothing in CW's aspect to indicate he was capable of this.

This kind of thing sends shivers down everyone's backs. Can it happen to me? Could I be sleeping with the enemy? People are desperate for information that they can use to prove it can't be them or to provide warning signs.

Then there's the unique interest of us sleuthers. Those of us who research and study these crimes, delve deeply into them and add them to our data banks/crime knowledge libraries.

Most of us on this site have been fascinated by true crime for years. Some of us for most of our lives. The psychology behind it. The pathology of it. The science. The profiling. The investigatory work. It's all fascinating.

So we will be more deeply interested than most.

We will analyze this case to death and when the next one pops up many of us will have this experience to guide us for the next.

To me it's simple- they appeared to be the perfect family. An attractive couple. Beautiful kids. Huge, gorgeous house. Trips. Family fun. Positive portrayal on social media.

They seemed to have what most people want. They had it all.

There was not one sign that something this horrific could happen. As a few had said, there was nothing in CW's aspect to indicate he was capable of this.

This kind of thing sends shivers down everyone's backs. Can it happen to me? Could I be sleeping with the enemy? People are desperate for information that they can use to prove it can't be them or to provide warning signs.

Then there's the unique interest of us sleuthers. Those of us who research and study these crimes, delve deeply into them and add them to our data banks/crime knowledge libraries.

Most of us on this site have been fascinated by true crime for years. Some of us for most of our lives. The psychology behind it. The pathology of it. The science. The profiling. The investigatory work. It's all fascinating.

So we will be more deeply interested than most.

We will analyze this case to death and when the next one pops up many of us will have this experience to guide us for the next.
Perfect response. This is all absolutely true. Thank you.

I'm with everyone else on most every thought here today. I'm struggling with how Chris could go through with killing those sweethearts, esp with Bella pleading with him. Why not at home, if at all? What a nightmare for that poor girl.

Regarding other questions I'm seeing tonight. I understand an autopsy would note broken bones if discovered, but do they typically x-ray the whole body as standard protocol? That seems unlikely, though that word means nothing in this case. Seems like there could have been breaks not obvious to the naked eye. At this point though, the thought bothers me less than what we now know.
When questioned, CW said that he didn't really have trouble dropping them into the tanks. I believe this is true. Way back in the case when we found out about the size of the opening in the tank we researched and many took measurements of their own kids and we were surprised that someone that size could fit pretty easily. A couple of people even did experiments using cardboard cutouts and found the kids could fit through the hole. (no children were harmed during these experiments.)
The only injuries they found were scratches on Bella's buttocks. I believe in any autopsy they would check thoroughly for broken bones. Imo

You're absolutely right you hit the nail on the head and this seemed like the All American Dream family was thriving fulfilling every desire and it was playing out in social media and to those of us who've gotten divorced and thought I wish I had that, but then here we are 25 years later and our kids are doing great and we're getting along platonically as friends with our exes that we faught so hard with, and the kids are doing well graduating college moving on you look at this story and say WTF?

You can't know this for a fact; it sounds too easy, too perfect. He should've gone to trial so everything

What about scratching and bruising he surely would've gotten trying to dispose of the girls in a water tank with an 8 in diameter? His hands should've been scratched/cut to pieces. I'm assuming they were made of steel. Even if they were made of plastic, there should've been damaged to his hands/arms.

I'm not sure I understand. The fact they both girls were pulled from an oil tank is not in dispute. They were literally removed from the tank and Chris, himself, spoke about putting them in there. Even the people sympathizing with Chris are not disputing that the girls were placed in the tanks. Bella's body DID have scratches on it from being shoved through the opening.

You're absolutely right you hit the nail on the head and this seemed like the All American Dream family was thriving fulfilling every desire and it was playing out in social media and to those of us who've gotten divorced and thought I wish I had that, but then here we are 25 years later and our kids are doing great and we're getting along platonically as friends with our exes that we faught so hard with, and the kids are doing well graduating college moving on you look at this story and say WTF?
Also great response. Thanks.

People, do I really have to go into detail about the oil tanks? They were NOT put in easily; he broke their bones to get them in. The rest you may read up on as I can't bring myself to go into further detail. They came out easily because they were in a gloved state. I'm seeing a lot of talk based on emotion, not fact or constructive conjecture.

The autopsy report is not conjecture and IS very much factual. The girls did not have broken bones from being shoved through the holes. At no place in the autopsy report does it state that bones were broken, only that one of the girls had scratches on her buttocks from being placed into the tanks.

This case certainly shows that appearances can be very deceiving.

reading page 8 and 9...........He made and manipulated work plans to go to the field Monday alone, someone mentioned a coercive approach by CW when Shanann came home, giving him a reason, so to speak. BUT even though I can see that playing out, I wonder if maybe He is trying to protect NK, not sure how but just know we cant trust everything he says......

I heard (as we all did) there was someone else being investigated as told on Dr Phil, they couldnt say who BUT who do we suspect THAT would be? lol......

So maybe he's protecting her and so trying to make it look like crime of passion instead of premeditated, which wold very much incriminate NK's involvement since cell towers placer her in the area of his home that morning and since she monitored the tanks or something and worked with him........

SO, if she's under investigation, there would be reason CW is suddenly doing interviews suddenly

If ever there was a murder case that needed to go to trial, this was it. People are going to argue this case in the court of public opinion for the next one hundred years because there is too much/not enough info on what may or may not have happened. Basically lies and gossip. No facts or evidence to convince a jury to convict or acquit. Just back and forth and the words of more than one liar. If and until he goes on trial, there is nothing really more to say that will give anyone a definitive conclusion.

Well, since this is never going to go to trial then some people will be waiting a long time. He pleaded guilty. He has admitted to their murders. He is in prison for life. More documentation and information was released about this case than most. I don't understand you "not enough info" comment. There are literally more than 2,000 pages of documents pertaining to the case and that's before we even get to videos of the interviews, LE bodycam footage, etc. The DA did NOT act on the words of a liar. They literally went by evidence. The DA himself said that he probably wouldn't believe the things that CW said. Charges were not made on emotions-they were made after interviews and evidence.

The definitive conclusion is that two little girls, one little boy, and one loving mother are dead and the father has taken responsibility for it. It doesn't get more conclusive than that.

Are you SURE that you're talking about the same case? Because with the comments about the lack of evidence, seeing this go to trial, and the questioning of them being in the tanks at all I feel that you *might* have this confused with another case. Which is totally understandable considering all the heinous crimes there are out there right now.

A link to the full episode was posted a couple of pages back. I just finished listening and made the following notes:

Sandy said it felt like they were lying on their backs in the middle of the ocean and being pulled under.

Bella didn't see CW kill Shanann, but saw CW wrapping her in the sheet. CW told her that Mommy is sick and they need to take her to the hospital.

He smothered CeCe with her blanket at the oil site and was taking her up to the oil tank when Bella had gotten herself unbuckled in the truck and said, "Please Daddy, do not do to me what you did with CeCe."

Sandy wonders if Bella was thinking "where are Grandma and Grandpa?"

They played "Daddy is my hero." :(

Lawyer said that there were supposed to be other people at the oil site that morning and CW called them off. (We knew this.)

Dr. Phil asks if the mistress has been questioned further. Lawyer says his understanding is that she hasn't, but they're not that close with the investigation. He says it's the hope of Sandy and Frank that this tape finally puts to bed any speculation that CW found Bella and Celeste dead at the hands of Shanann, and that Shanann's memory can be put to rest as a loving mother and a caring wife.

Dr. Phil asks as painful as it is, if the Rzucek's are glad to hear this horrific confession. An attorney says, "I think it might take some time, really, for them to see it as a silver lining. Right now, I think it's mostly painful." He also says that he thinks it's helpful for them to have answers to questions that they would have asked themselves forever. They'll never understand the real question, "Why does somebody do this?"

They discuss the Rzucek's decision to not seek the DP.

Dr. Phil discusses CW's narcissism and his porch interviews. Says his story was falling apart from the minute he opened his mouth and CW is a malignant narcissist and those are the ones who slip under the radar and do their damage. "He's sick, he's demented, he's off the street where he should be."

Dr. Phil says let's talk about the fact that CW has made it clear that Shanann was a good and loving mother, had nothing to do with this, and let's honor her and let's honor those children.

Dr. Phil says, "Sandy has said, when this tape comes out, she's going to be devastated."

They talk about the toll this has taken on Sandy and Frank. Lambert says it has taken some time. They have processed it together. They found strength and comfort in each other throughout the process.

Dr. Phil says even though she has been briefed on what this tape says, Sandy says when it comes out, she's going to be devastated and wants some guidance from Dr. Phil how to handle it. He says he absolutely refuses to allow his platform to be used to sensationalize Chris Watts as opposed to honoring Shanann, Bella, Cece, and Niko, and respecting this family.

Lambert said that CW said once he got started, he couldn't stop. He suggests Dr. Phil talk to Sandy about that, as someone who knows how sick minds work.

They show a preview of the Rzucek's interview. Sandy says, "To hear my granddaughter beg for her life, yeah, it's pretty, pretty rough," and "Our daughter watched her husband kill her."

Frank Sr. says, "He took Celeste's Yankee blanket and smothered her, in front of Bella."

Frankie Jr. says, "I'm glad this is going to shut up all the people who are still saying Shanann did it."

A beautiful photo and video montage is played at the end to "In the Arms of the Angels." Heartbreaking. :(
PommyMommy you are truly amazing! What a blessing you are to all of us.....thank you for all that you do (and those little pie eating robots in your basement) to keep us all updated :);):)

Another reason I'm having a hard time believing this new story: Bella sees him wrapping SW in a blanket. Then, both girls wait inside while he non chalantly walks outside and backs his truck up to the garage and starts loading SW in the truck. Then both girls get in the truck (with no car seats) and ride with him for 45 minutes to the work site.
I remember hearing before that CW could not have anyone in his work truck that did not work for Anadarko. In fact, on days he picked the girls up from school, he had to come home to get the Lexus so they could ride in that.
I dont believe for a second he would take the girls alive to his work site. Too risky, what if someone showed up early? What was his plan to do with the girls once they got to the oil field?
This confession just makes no sense to me.

Another reason I'm having a hard time believing this new story: Bella sees him wrapping SW in a blanket. Then, both girls wait inside while he non chalantly walks outside and backs his truck up to the garage and starts loading SW in the truck. Then both girls get in the truck (with no car seats) and ride with him for 45 minutes to the work site.
I remember hearing before that CW could not have anyone in his work truck that did not work for Anadarko. In fact, on days he picked the girls up from school, he had to come home to get the Lexus so they could ride in that.
I dont believe for a second he would take the girls alive to his work site. Too risky, what if someone showed up early? What was his plan to do with the girls once they got to the oil field?
This confession just makes no sense to me.
You’re looking at this logically; CW was not.

This is a guy who thought he could get away with sticking his children in oil tanks, and was Googling music lyrics right after murdering his family.

He was aware of the risks, but didn’t care.

This would be a very strange thing to lie about, as anything sounds better.

Unless this is the truth of course.

If ever there was a murder case that needed to go to trial, this was it. People are going to argue this case in the court of public opinion for the next one hundred years because there is too much/not enough info on what may or may not have happened. Basically lies and gossip. No facts or evidence to convince a jury to convict or acquit. Just back and forth and the words of more than one liar. If and until he goes on trial, there is nothing really more to say that will give anyone a definitive conclusion.

Oh that I disagree with. Thank God SW's loved ones didn't have to wait 7 years or so for trial, then sit through the hell of it, then deal with endless years of appeal.

No evidence would ever show exactly what happened and when. There would only be theories. Unless there is a video, there can always be debate about exactly what happened in any given crime. Who cares? He's in prison where he belongs. The people who believe he is not fully guilty or that she drove him to it or whatever, would not believe a video tape. They're beyond reason, IMO, and vested in their narrative, for whatever, strnage reason.

I’m pretty mad that Monster Chris believes he is forgiven and a saved Christian now.

NO.

Monster killed Baby Bella after she begged him NOT to hurt her. Baby Bella saw everything!!!! This is the most evil case I’ve ever read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288