GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if, for whatever reason, investigators have suspected that the girls were still alive when they arrived at Cervi. They obviously never told the Rzucek family if they did have those suspicions, but that makes sense if they weren’t 100% sure and if they wanted to be able to use that piece of information later on should CW ever decide to talk. Which he obviously did.

All this release has told me is that

CW is even more cold calculating and heartless than I even thought before!

Don’t get me wrong, I still thought he was a soulless monster.

But to drive 40plus minutes with your dead wife and your kids likely scared and confused.

I just seriously have nothing Other to add other than I hope all the watts defenders/Shanann slanderers feel really about the awful things that they had been alleging! Moo

IIRC, in his interrogation, Coder asked him a separation from Shanann was going to work and I am pretty sure that CW replied that Colorado is a 50/50 state.
I think that came from NK - Aug 16 CBI interview in Thornton. When she and CW were discussing him getting an apartment, she asked him about custody and he said they (he and SW) had agreed to 50/50.
MOO

ETA: Oh, oops - I looked it up to be sure, and you're right. Sorry about that, molly1255. I should not have relied on my memory after all this time. The 50/50 custody was mentioned in both NK and CW's interviews. :oops:

PDF pg 534, Discovery pg 601
SA CODER asked CHRIS how the separation was going to work and CHRIS said he planned on getting his own place. CHRIS said he anticipated having 50/50 split with the kids.

I wonder if, for whatever reason, investigators have suspected that the girls were still alive when they arrived at Cervi. They obviously never told the Rzucek family if they did have those suspicions, but that makes sense if they weren’t 100% sure and if they wanted to be able to use that piece of information later on should CW ever decide to talk. Which he obviously did.
I remember all the discussions here about how they could say all three were killed in the house. I never saw the proof, and the dog evidence we were presented seemed so indefinite.

I think that came from NK - Aug 16 CBI interview in Thornton. When she and CW were discussing him getting an apartment, she asked him about custody and he said they (he and SW) had agreed to 50/50.
MOO

Thank you! I knew I remembered something being said about 50/50 custody.

Behind here as usual, I just wanted to note fwiw that as a local I can attest to the winds being very strong, which is why I never questioned the validity of the toys and blankets blowing away.

(I also want to apologize for perhaps misinterpreting a post yesterday and getting mad, my bad, I deleted my tantrum immediately. I was all emotional and scatterbrained after watching DP.)

NK, to her credit, also was flummoxed about how he expected this all to play out after the deaths...like she wouldn't notice or be concerned that his family was "missing" and things would just go on all hunky dorey from there on ...

I suspect that what we hear on the tape will be much more brutal and that what was on Dr Phil was summarizations and paraphrasing not direct quotes.

Thank you! I knew I remembered something being said about 50/50 custody.
You're welcome, but he also said he planned on 50/50 custody (you may have missed my "ETA"):
MOO

ETA: Oh, oops - I looked it up to be sure, and you're right. Sorry about that, molly1255. I should not have relied on my memory after all this time. The 50/50 custody was mentioned in both NK and CW's interviews. :oops:

PDF pg 534, Discovery pg 601
SA CODER asked CHRIS how the separation was going to work and CHRIS said he planned on getting his own place. CHRIS said he anticipated having 50/50 split with the kids.

What I think started this is the civil suit. The parents lawyers have been having conversations with him and have said he has been forthcoming. I think this got back to LE and they realized they might be able to get more info out of him if they met with him again. He was comfortable with the original investigators I believe. The parents lawyers even said it seemed Chris looked forward to their discussions. What he admitted is beyond horrific and according to family friends, his family did not anticipate it and are devastated. That is why I tend to believe what he is saying now.

Could somebody please be so kind to give any input on this question as I try to catch up? This is really bugging me and sorry for rehash and repeat if this has been discussed, which it likely has.

I know DP asked if there were any trades/incentives provided for CW in exchange for these furthers details and the answer was no.

But IF CW is the MNP (“malignant narcissist psychopath”) that DP says he is, which I believe to be true, then this would indicate a possible self serving motivation. My question is, and especially to @gitana1, how would and could the divulgence now of these details possibly serve CW’s own narcissistic needs? What are the potential advantages he receives from this (other than “repenting his sins”), either legally or otherwise? Hope this makes sense, thanks.

—-

Also, I’m still confused as to why the investigators went back to talk to him as a team, only because I assumed the case was closed since the suspect sentenced. Was it just to try to clear some things up for themselves and for the family? I got the impression from Rourke at the PC after the sentencing that he pretty much accepted they might not ever understand why and exactly how he did all this.

Did they think anticipate that CW might break? Do we know for sure that LE initiated the discussion? Thank you again in advance for answering any of these questions.

PS: Yesterday when I sat down with my pen and notebook and DP on the big screen with pause and rewind I thought “wow, I never thought we’d all be here again...”.

Last edited:
What I think started this is the civil suit. The parents lawyers have been having conversations with him and have said he has been forthcoming. I think this got back to LE and they realized they might be able to get more info out of him if they met with him again. He was comfortable with the original investigators I believe. The parents lawyers even said it seemed Chris looked forward to their discussions. What he admitted is beyond horrific and according to family friends, his family did not anticipate it and are devastated. That is why I tend to believe what he is saying now.
I agree with you, violet. Many of us suspected as much and it's even clearer to me after reading that Lambert spoke to CW several times and that he was "friendly" and answered every one of their questions openly.
MOO

Last edited:
Behind here as usual, I just wanted to note fwiw that as a local I can attest to the winds being very strong, which is why I never questioned the validity of the toys and blankets blowing away.

(I also want to apologize for perhaps misinterpreting a post yesterday and getting mad, my bad, I deleted my tantrum immediately. I was all emotional and scatterbrained after watching DP.)

I didn't see it and at least it wasn't taken down for you! I made a post a few months ago that I've regretted, too. Well, maybe I've made more than one that I later wished I hadn't.

This is an extremely emotional case.

Would any part of his comings and goings have been recorded on the doorbell cam? I've seen the one of Shanann returning home and it seemed to me as if there is a possibility some of it might have been captured.

I think based from the door bell cam of the video of SW returning home, that it would not of recorded anything in that part of the driveway.

It seemed to be a small lens that showed a very narrow path mainly straight from the door out towards the curb moo

I think the kids and CW exited the home through the garage, As he can be seen going back and forth into the garage multiple times via the neighbors camera....moo

Last edited:
So, one of my dear friends is the sweeeeetest elderly lady and grandma in the whole world. She placed flowers and stuffed animals many times at the Watts’ home and lives in the same subdivision. She told me that she says a prayer for them every time she drives by the house. She is going to absolutely devaaaastated to hear all this. In fact, I hope she doesn’t hear all this. I really do hope this. I sure as heck am not going to tell her but I’m sure she’s heard by now. :(

I know the R’s had to hear all this. I’ve been thinking a lot about the clip from Monday’s DP where Sandy says (paraphrasing) “yeah hearing that my baby granddaughter begged for her life, that’s rough”.

This is a very good point. Investigators may have been suspicious the girls were alive when he transported them to Cervi 319 because he brought their blankies and I believe, a favorite toy or two.

Now I'm thinking these were items the girls were used to bringing with them, and he may have brought those items along in order to try to pacify Bella and Celeste for the drive.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member