GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the first time around on the body cam video of CW leading LE through the house I missed (or don’t recall) his comment about the girls making a mess with Vaseline and soap everywhere - it seemed like maybe he was annoyed by this (of course he could’ve been rattled about LE in the house). He usually bathed the girls, right?

Last edited:
So did he ever really love those girls? Or did he suddenly stop loving them? You can’t just stop loving your girls, even if there’s a mistress, Kwim? I’ll never understand this. So maybe this was loving in his mind, as you said @NuttMegg re: the case Agent Tammy referenced. In his own mind he thought they were better off dead than without a mother.

What am I thinking? He probably just wanted them all dead and out of the way. Or killed them because they were witnesses. Sorry, just spinning in my head out loud. I know the premeditative aspects have been discussed ad nauseam. I’m so blown away by all this I can barely post or think. Not to mention I can’t believe we are all here discussing all this *advertiser censored* again.

(Which reminds me of what I told @gregjrichards one time when he said he can’t understand how CW could do something like this. I said, of course you can’t Greg, because you are the total opposite of him! Of course you can’t!)

Last edited:
Is it possible he wasn’t initially thinking about killing the girls but then realized on the way he had to because they were a witness? Well if so then the clear message here is he’d rather kill his own baby girls then go to jail (which he ended up doing anyway).

In the end, I think this would not make any difference? He killed two innocent, vulnerable little babies, toddlers, his own children. I know it would be harder to cope with the imagination that he planned it all beforehand. But to be honest, it doesn't change the fact that he ended their lives. This is the hardest part to deal with, for many of us, I believe. To accept, that these tiny little girls will never see the sunlight again. They were so adorable, I think that there are many people out there who would have loved to have them as their own children... it's so sad (even for him), that he never realized how blessed he truly was to have them in his life.

Is it possible he wasn’t initially thinking about killing the girls but then realized on the way he had to because they were a witness? Well if so then the clear message here is he’d rather kill his own baby girls then go to jail (which he ended up doing anyway).
I truly believe that he planned to kill them all along.

I suppose it is possible that he wasn’t initially thinking about killing them, but perhaps he only thinks he wasn’t thinking about killing them.

I don’t think he seriously entertained allowing them to live. His plan hinged on them joining their mother.

Can’t have a new life with the kids still living, and he couldn’t have freedom either.

So did he ever really love those girls? Or did he suddenly stop loving them? You can’t just stop loving your girls, even if there’s a mistress, Kwim? I’ll never understand this.

(Which reminds me of what I told @gregjrichards one time when he said he can’t understand how CW could do something like this. J said, of course you can’t, because you are the completely opposite of him! Of course you can’t!

I believe he thought he loved those girls, if that makes sense.

But I don't believe he ever could truly love anybody except maybe himself, and his own selfish wants and needs.

He is truly incapable of love IMO

Respectfully, while I understand what you are saying, I don't see that her name needed to be cleared. I would imagine that most people understand what CW did and how he lied about his wife. Those who chose to believe his attempt to smear the name of a woman he murdered..well, they are not worth the effort. This merely inflicted more pain, IMO
I hear what you’re saying. Of course CW killed all 3 but it’s incredibly disturbing when there are people, even just a handful, shouting from internet rooftops your murdered daughter caused the death of her beloved babies. Nothing you do will bring her or the babies back, but you can sure try to shut the liars up. I know I would.

When it became public that CW had talked to the investigators, I thought at first, well, he had had enough time to come up with a good story for himself. Maybe more lies.
The confession, however, exceeds my human imagination. I can hardly bear to hear or read what actually happened. Tears run down my cheeks. What a monster. I think of the Rzucek family and hope that someday they will find peace.

By the way, I do not think he has found his faith in God.

IM not disputing it either

Im referring to the shadow video when it MOVED TOWARDS HIS.............I think we can also assume this whacko was LYING except for the gas can (if you want to call that equipment), did you not notice the truck was too packed for any heavy equipment?

Also it took him like 40 minutes with going back and forth a million times.

I wonder if he took Bella and Cece in the truck, hoping they would fall asleep during the ride, to ultimately make his (premeditated) plan easier. The children were very light sleepers, so it is not surprising that Bella woke up during or immediately after the murder. And they were very early risers (early to bed, early to wake) so it was not likely she would go back to sleep. He was running out of time.
I think you make an excellent point. I think he planned to murder them all in their sleep. I think Bella may have foiled this - and as you said, he was running out of time. Sometimes riding in a car for a long distance puts babies, kids and even adults (like me) to sleep.

I thought it was interesting how the mention of “money” wasn’t included yesterday, unless I missed it which is entirely likely.

My initial theory was that when Shanann found out about the affair, she would threaten him financially. I wonder if this is part of all this as well.

If she did threaten him that he wouldn’t be able to see the kids, then perhaps this falls directly into the category of FA whose mindset is “If I can’t have them, nobody can”.

However, it seems to me that he maybe didn’t even want them, that they were a nuisance, idk...
I think he just wanted to be rid of them all because they were a constant reminder of his inadequacies. He had complained about Shanann putting him down in front of the kids.
I remember Shananns dad telling LE how the kids liked his truck, and CW said to the kids, "Daddy has a truck too." He thought it was strange that he would say that.
I believe he felt his family no longer served any purpose for him, and he fully intended to eliminate them all so he could start fresh with a new life with his new found love. Imo

Thanks to all my WS Friends here xoxo.

I find myself very upset. Crabby at everything since this news came out.

I didn’t need these details and I’m not sure Shannan’s family did either.
You would be surprised how many parents of murdered children find they need the details, no matter how bad, to quiet their constant nightmares of what might have happened. It is apparently something very common to discuss at the support group meetings many go to who have lost family members to murder.

We live in a small town. Our seven year old rabbit started having seizures the other night. The closest emergency vet is over an hour away across the state line. She died a horrible death in the backseat while we drove helplessly on the interstate.

Driving with her lifeless body for the remainder of the trip, I couldn't help but of this case. HOW could CW do that? That 45 minute drive was with his wife and children. This was my rabbit and I didn't even kill her, yet I was a wreck. How does a person follow through with killing his children after a drive like that? Just how?

He may have "loved" them in his way because of how they made him feel but he definitely didn't love them in the traditional sense. - Mental health experts call narc's love their "supply". His ego was supplied by them as babies - he's such a great dad, he made beautiful kids and that sort of thing....in 2018 he no longer needed a supply from them because he was getting it from NK...and thusly they were disposable.

CW quite literally picked his nose while he was looking at images of his children that he killed with his bare hands while they were fully aware it was him killing them (i.e. Bella pleading with him). This man has NO idea how to love.

I just want to say thanks everyone for the discussion and awesome responses to my questions. I’m grateful we can discuss all this as a group.

Rsbm

I find myself very upset. Crabby at everything since this news came out.

Me too.

The Heart and Gutwrenching AGONY the R’s must feel (understatement), as if this couldn’t have been any harder...

:(

ETA: Iirc from yesterday, Sandy described her recent emotion as being pulled out to sea on your back and being pulled under.

Last edited:
Well, I spent some time alternatively listening and watching CW's original FBI/CBI confession late last night when I couldn't sleep in the sole attempt to see what he does different when we now KNOW he was lying versus not lying. And I came up with very, very little. The odd hand gestures were very much in play when he was stressed and lying - but since they are not releasing video, we won't see that in the latest confession.

I'm still disturbed at how I never noticed before that he only cried/sounded upset when his father was present. I think I never noticed because it is not until his father comes in the room that he starts his fake confession. But how he acts - his whole demeanor - after his father leaves the room and he has to continue answer extremely difficult, detailed questions that had him "sobbing" minutes before - changes. So matter of fact. Like it was nothing as the interview goes on. I know I said this late last night - but it continues to chill me. That and the "lol" text to his coworker at 7:45 am. He would have arrived around 6:35 am, done some texts and calls to check where coworkers are at, and then done what he now confesses to doing within that hour. He is chilling to the bone for me.

Last edited:
I think he just wanted to be rid of them all because they were a constant reminder of his inadequacies. He had complained about Shanann putting him down in front of the kids.
I remember Shananns dad telling LE how the kids liked his truck, and CW said to the kids, "Daddy has a truck too." He thought it was strange that he would say that.
I believe he felt his family no longer served any purpose for him, and he fully intended to eliminate them all so he could start fresh with a new life with his new found love. Imo

Also the comment about the girls throwing chicken nuggets at him? I’ve never believed that. Shannan wouldn’t have allowed it imo

I was assuming he killed Cece, brought her to the tank, and returned to the vehicle to do the same with Bella.

But now that WSers are pointing out he likely killed both at the truck at the same time and then deposited them one by one, I think that is probably more likely.

Well, I can see it either way.

Bella was only 4 and in a strange and scary place in very confusing circumstances. I don't know if she would've run away from the truck. I think she was literally scared stiff, and at the same time, hopeful to the end that her daddy wouldn't really, truly harm her. She was only 4 and a sweet child, not one accustomed, imo, to running from someone hurting her. She didn't know what to do.

I realize I am likely projecting. I had scary incidents and strong fears as a child that this new revelation is bringing up. As a child, I reacted to the fear by being silent and completely still - not fighting, not screaming, not running....while hoping it would all just end and everything would be okay.

Her heart was broken because her daddy betrayed her trust in him (yes, I know he did much, much, much more than that, but I'm thinking as a 4yo at this time who was very confused and very scared). I hate knowing that she was likely so confused and even hopeful up until the moment he killed her.

Still, I do agree with others that it would've been likely faster to kill them in quick succession in the truck.

jmo

This matches the known reactions of other children Bella's age whose parents killed or tried to kill them. Like Carmina Salcido.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82