GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be surprised how many parents of murdered children find they need the details, no matter how bad, to quiet their constant nightmares of what might have happened. It is apparently something very common to discuss at the support group meetings many go to who have lost family members to murder.

I thought about that but wow that’s really taking a chance. God Bless All parents of murdered children.

Sometimes I don’t want to know things in life. I figure I’m better off not knowing certain things, but I am I am not a mother of a murdered child.

It seems it may have gone the way that a few of us speculated. They fight, he reveals the affair, he kills her first, then the kids because they were witnesses. IMO
I still don’t think his version of a fight triggering him to murder her is accurate. According to this version the kids did not witness him killing Shanaan, only wrapping her in a sheet. The fight/threat was that he would not see his kids again so he kills her then proceeds to kill the very kids that he was so upset at being threatened that he would never see them again he murders- does not make sense. He was already disengaged from those kids in order to kill them. I still think he planned to dispose of his whole family regardless of what they may or may not have seen.

Well, I spent some time alternatively listening and watching CW's original FBI/CBI confession late last night when I couldn't sleep in the sole attempt to see what he does different when we now KNOW he was lying versus not lying. And I came up with very, very little. The odd hand gestures were very much in play when he was stressed and lying - but since they are not releasing video, we won't see that in the latest confession.

I'm still disturbed at how I never noticed before that he only cried/sounded upset when his father was present. I think I never noticed because it is not until his father comes in the room that he starts his fake confession. But how he acts - his whole demeanor - after his father leaves the room and he has to continue answer extremely difficult, detailed questions that had him "sobbing" minutes before - changes. So matter of fact. Like it was nothing as the interview goes on. I know I said this late last night - but it continues to chill me. That and the "lol" text to his coworker at 7:45 am. I would have arrived around 6:35 am, done some texts and calls to check where coworkers are at, and then done what he now confesses to doing within that hour. He is chilling to the bone for me.

(Hi fellow giraffe :))

(ETA: @PommyMommy, how do you do that adorable giraffe emoji you did that one time?)

I still wonder if the girls ever got to see Dobby (see avatar) at the Denver Zoo.

Last edited:
I don't know. At first I started questioning it, wondering if I'd somehow missed something on the first 5 read throughs I did of the documents. Then my senses came back and said, "Nah." Are we being punked?
Dr Phil this week said he had to have broken bones to put them in the tank. That was a clip from an earlier show taped before autopsy results came out. It makes sense that someone watching his show would believe bones were broken. While many of us have poured over the discovery documents we’re fairly unique. I understand why someone might be confused. Hopefully anyone who watched Dr Phil then came here now knows where to go for full info.

He may have "loved" them in his way because of how they made him feel but he definitely didn't love them in the traditional sense. - Mental health experts call narc's love their "supply". His ego was supplied by them as babies - he's such a great dad, he made beautiful kids and that sort of thing....in 2018 he no longer needed a supply from them because he was getting it from NK...and thusly they were disposable.

CW quite literally picked his nose while he was looking at images of his children that he killed with his bare hands while they were fully aware it was him killing them (i.e. Bella pleading with him). This man has NO idea how to love.
I agree he never loved them in the traditional sense. In his first fake confession, when backing up why he murdered SW, he says at one point "I helped make those babies." I thought it was an odd thing to say for why you loved your children. Another point he says he was closer to CeCe because he didn't know what he was doing with his first child when she was born so she didn't bond with him right away. I totally understand not knowing what you are doing when you have your first child - but that doesn't affect bonding at all. He means he learned how to get his kid to depend on him enough to want him to put her to bed at night. MOO

I was assuming he killed Cece, brought her to the tank, and returned to the vehicle to do the same with Bella.

But now that WSers are pointing out he likely killed both at the truck at the same time and then deposited them one by one, I think that is probably more likely.

Well, I can see it either way.

Bella was only 4 and in a strange and scary place in very confusing circumstances. I don't know if she would've run away from the truck. I think she was literally scared stiff, and at the same time, hopeful to the end that her daddy wouldn't really, truly harm her. She was only 4 and a sweet child, not one accustomed, imo, to running from someone hurting her. She didn't know what to do.:(

I realize I am likely projecting. I had scary incidents and strong fears as a child that this new revelation is bringing up. As a child, I reacted to the fear by being silent and completely still - not fighting, not screaming, not running....while hoping it would all just end and everything would be okay.

Her heart was broken because her daddy betrayed her trust in him (yes, I know he did much, much, much more than that, but I'm thinking as a 4yo at this time who was very confused and very scared). I hate knowing that she was likely so confused and even hopeful up until the moment he killed her.

Still, I do agree with others that it would've been likely faster to kill them in quick succession in the truck.

jmo

I thought about this. I sure as hell hope so. What a ***:mad:

He didnt want them. He played along all along til he couldnt take it anymore or keep up his facade

NK coerced their killing likely, remember she said she or her children will never be #1 in his life, or have to take a backseat, becasue eh'd already " been there, dont that"........something to that affect

He didnt want to raise them by himself likey and NK wasnt going to

WHatever she said or did though, its still all on him, the whole things is wrong and evil
I don't think NK coerced him to kill his family, but I do think his determination to be with her may have influenced his decision. I'm not sure if he would have gone through with it if he didn't have a "replacement" lined up. Imo

I think this article embellishes the attorney's words as to what happened. He said that CW claims SW said those words, and "as a consequence of that, he strangled her." Or something to that effect. He never said it was in a rage (though I'm sure CW will insist it was). We don't yet know what CW says transpired exactly - just that those words are what angered him. Guess it is neither here nor there - as I don't believe CW. But journalists can be sloppy!

Well, I spent some time alternatively listening and watching CW's original FBI/CBI confession late last night when I couldn't sleep in the sole attempt to see what he does different when we now KNOW he was lying versus not lying. And I came up with very, very little. The odd hand gestures were very much in play when he was stressed and lying - but since they are not releasing video, we won't see that in the latest confession.

I'm still disturbed at how I never noticed before that he only cried/sounded upset when his father was present. I think I never noticed because it is not until his father comes in the room that he starts his fake confession. But how he acts - his whole demeanor - after his father leaves the room and he has to continue answer extremely difficult, detailed questions that had him "sobbing" minutes before - changes. So matter of fact. Like it was nothing as the interview goes on. I know I said this late last night - but it continues to chill me. That and the "lol" text to his coworker at 7:45 am. He would have arrived around 6:35 am, done some texts and calls to check where coworkers are at, and then done what he now confesses to doing within that hour. He is chilling to the bone for me.
Seems to me his whole life has been "putting on a show" for whoever he is around at the time. The last month before the murders the mask slipped and he was showing his true self. As far as CW "finding God" I find that absolutely absurd and I suspect God does, as well. CW and God do not exist on the same plane, in the same universe IMOO. Not remotely.

I think this article embellishes the attorney's words as to what happened. He said that CW claims SW said those words, and "as a consequence of that, he strangled her." Or something to that effect. He never said it was in a rage (though I'm sure CW will insist it was). We don't yet know what CW says transpired exactly - just that those words are what angered him. Guess it is neither here nor there - as I don't believe CW. But journalists can be sloppy!

(Yeah that article sucks)

(ETA: from one giraffe to another :) )

(ETA2: They must’ve read my mind because they just made an additive key clause (see BBM) which was missing:

“Christopher Watts, the Colorado man who is serving a life sentence for killing his pregnant wife and two daughters, drove the girls along with their dead mother's body on a 45-minute drive to a secluded oil field where he smothered the youngest with her favorite blanket and killed his 4-year-old after she watched her sister die and pleaded with her father for her own life, BBM an attorney for the wife’s family said.”

—-

@PommyMommy or anyone, have you found a transcript yet for yesterday’s show? DO’s archcive links are all wonky...

Last edited:

I'm still disturbed at how I never noticed before that he only cried/sounded upset when his father was present. I think I never noticed because it is not until his father comes in the room that he starts his fake confession. But how he acts - his whole demeanor - after his father leaves the room and he has to continue answer extremely difficult, detailed questions that had him "sobbing" minutes before - changes. So matter of fact. Like it was nothing as the interview goes on. I know I said this late last night - but it continues to chill me. That and the "lol" text to his coworker at 7:45 am. He would have arrived around 6:35 am, done some texts and calls to check where coworkers are at, and then done what he now confesses to doing within that hour. He is chilling to the bone for me.

That is the epitome of psychopathic behavior. They do not show real emotions like you and I, or even understand them, but they sure know how to fake/mimic them in the right circumstances as a pity ploy or to gain an advantage or power over another.

I agree he never loved them in the traditional sense. In his first fake confession, when backing up why he murdered SW, he says at one point "I helped make those babies." I thought it was an odd thing to say for why you loved your children. Another point he says he was closer to CeCe because he didn't know what he was doing with his first child when she was born so she didn't bond with him right away. I totally understand not knowing what you are doing when you have your first child - but that doesn't affect bonding at all. He means he learned how to get his kid to depend on him enough to want him to put her to bed at night. MOO
Yes, and your last sentence sums it up very well.
I think he loved them about as much as a narcissistic psychopath could. Imo

What I noticed is that when he lies, he whispers sometimes. Or chokes out the words. So he can barely say it: "I didn't....kill ...them." Pauses and the word "kill" was half swallowed and very soft.

Same when he talks to his father.
"She...smother..." "It was just...rage."

He also has this gaspy, pleading tone and sometimes fake cries.

I will be listenting closely.

I'm inclined to believe his story because it's far, far worse than what anyone had theorized happened to the girls. I don't think he got pleasure out of it. The acts of murder was a means to something--a life with his girlfriend. From interviews and videos you could see that he's an awkward person. He's not all there with his kids and he wasn't all there when Shannan told him she was pregnant. The guy feels no empathy. No remorse and no emotions when he was describing what he did to his family. His gf didn't want kids. His mind thought literally, if there were no kids in the picture he could have a future with his gf. Why didn't he divorce his wife then and give her full custody? His gf would've understood the lies eventually. Surely it would've been easier to explain his lies to his gf than try and get away with murdering your family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74