PA PA - Downingtown, Wht/HispFem 18-40, 147UFPA, dismembered, in suitcase, Jul'95

So does it sound like a serial killer was operating in the area at the time? I wonder if there is a place where you can view their profiles, m.o, etc in solved cases. What area they worked in, how far away they would dump bodies etc? In this one I came up with a couple of possibilities. The recreations look so different. I came up with these 2.
Nicole Russo
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/14803
Dawn Christine Haines
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1716

Attachments

• aabb.jpg
    aabb.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 33
Major reservation: the court summary (cited in Nate_bro's post) indicates Russo had a titanium rod in her back for scoliosis, but the UID's remains mention no such thing:

In the meantime, efforts continued to locate Nicole's remains.   Detectives searched dumpsters in the area near defendant's mother's apartment as well as the incineration plant and the nearby landfill.   No evidence was found of Nicole's remains, nor any indication of the titanium bar that was in her spine because of scoliosis.

But then Russo's Namus doesn't mention the rod, although Charley does (Nicole Russo – The Charley Project)

The findlaw article (Nate_Bro's source) also says that Urcinoli hit Nicole in the head 6 or 7 times with a crowbar. I don't recall ever hearing that Chesco Doe had injuries to her head.

Philly Inquirer 2/26/96
https://www.newspapers.com/image/?spot=29214661

He also said he slit her throat, and he gave at least two different versions of how he disposed of her body (in a dumpster in Long Island, buried in trash bags), so I'm not sure how accurate his various confessions are.

Torso killer Lisk killer from long Island has never been solved. Sometimes I think theses unsolved brutal killings might be connected. Who ever thinks a killer like this only hunts in one area? I wish we had a way to take unsolved murders and collate the similarities like torso only found how the bodies are disposed of in suitcases wrapped in certain materials. I believe this would make solving these crimes faster.

Torso killer Lisk killer from long Island has never been solved. Sometimes I think theses unsolved brutal killings might be connected. Who ever thinks a killer like this only hunts in one area? I wish we had a way to take unsolved murders and collate the similarities like torso only found how the bodies are disposed of in suitcases wrapped in certain materials. I believe this would make solving these crimes faster.

The FBI has a large database and application devoted to just that, not only for murders but also other violent crimes. It's called ViCAP (ViCAP — FBI)

So if there was a connection, LE should be aware of it.

The intersection of Quarry, Valley Creek and Boot road is so remote and out of the general traffic flow that the chances a killer from out of state would stumble across it seems unlikely, unless they lived in the area at one time. The spot is also not the ideal dumping ground as there is not enough water flow in the creek to wash the body away, so the killer would have to assume that the suitcase would be discovered at some point. Forensics examination of the remains for any residual DNA might be worth a shot if the County can be persuaded to go to the effort. With Oxford so close, there is a chance she might be an undocumented alien working in mushrooms or agriculture.

Interesting thought.... There is a summer camp for underprivileged children about a mile south on valley creek road that has been there since 1875. During the summer they employ lots of college students as staff. There was never much in the way of "cults" in the area and most of the very active motorcycle groups from the mid 60's through the early 80's had subsided or gone underground by the 90's. Another thought is that the only other activities nearby are the quarry and macadam plant. Both have had workers rotate in and out over the years. Possible that one of them brought her from home and dumped her on the way to or from work. The quarry has been there at least since the late 50's/early 60's and the Macadam plant since at least the early 70's. Nothing up boot road of note, nothing up Quarry to Rt 30 and nothing other than the camp on Valley Creek. West on Boot (from that era) you have Pepperage Farms frozen foods and some warehouses, then the papers mill at Boot and 322. Someone from the papers mill would have had much better places to dump a body, like the creek at the Trestle Bridge on 322 or the old paper mill dump on Skelp Level and at Sugars Bridge Rd and 322 that is now a landscaping company lot.

They said she might not be from the USA. Does anyone know why they think that? Oxana Antonovna Branovitskaya went missing a year before and looks a lot like her. maybe abducted and sex trafficked?
The Doe Network: Case File 2364DFBLR

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 27
Nate_Bro, I suspect the county coroner made that observation.
Thinking way outside the box here but do you think it is worth sending this to the medical examiner for their consideration? Belarus was commonly used as a transit for sex trafficking. Could have been an order to the USA that went wrong and they had to dispose of her? She does bear a resemblance to the recreations of the doe (Oxana is in the middle, the other 2 are Chester County Jane Doe.)

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
Thinking way outside the box here but do you think it is worth sending this to the medical examiner for their consideration? Belarus was commonly used as a transit for sex trafficking. Could have been an order to the USA that went wrong and they had to dispose of her? She does bear a resemblance to the recreations of the doe (Oxana is in the middle, the other 2 are Chester County Jane Doe.)

She bears resemblance to the Chester County Jane Doe

Interesting thought.... There is a summer camp for underprivileged children about a mile south on valley creek road that has been there since 1875. During the summer they employ lots of college students as staff. There was never much in the way of "cults" in the area and most of the very active motorcycle groups from the mid 60's through the early 80's had subsided or gone underground by the 90's. Another thought is that the only other activities nearby are the quarry and macadam plant. Both have had workers rotate in and out over the years. Possible that one of them brought her from home and dumped her on the way to or from work. The quarry has been there at least since the late 50's/early 60's and the Macadam plant since at least the early 70's. Nothing up boot road of note, nothing up Quarry to Rt 30 and nothing other than the camp on Valley Creek. West on Boot (from that era) you have Pepperage Farms frozen foods and some warehouses, then the papers mill at Boot and 322. Someone from the papers mill would have had much better places to dump a body, like the creek at the Trestle Bridge on 322 or the old paper mill dump on Skelp Level and at Sugars Bridge Rd and 322 that is now a landscaping company lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back