CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #47 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search warrants released in Kelsey Berreth murder investigation
Items taken from Berreth's townhome during a Dec. 6 investigation
  • Possible blood collected from toilet
  • Sample from sink, collected from bathroom sink
  • Sample from wall, collected from under towel rack
  • Sample from side of tub, collected from bathtub
  • Trash can, from bathroom
  • Shower curtain and liner
  • Towel from towel rack
  • Two towels from downstairs bedroom
  • Rug from living room
  • Sample from outlet in bathroom
  • Mat from outside of front door
  • The whole towel rack from bathroom wall
  • Bathroom vanity cabinet door
  • Sample from laundry door handle
  • Sample from laundry door frame
  • Bathroom drain and trap
  • Samples from door handle from downstairs closet
  • Samples from light switch from downstairs closet
  • Bathroom door (entire door)
  • Doorknobs found in trash can in downstairs closet
  • Kitchen sink trap and drain
Items taken from Frazee's residence on Dec. 14 (One week before his arrest)
  • A blanket
  • Several pairs of jeans
  • Frazee's Ent checkbook and registers
  • A health care card in Berreth's name
  • LG cellphone
  • Columbia boots
  • Baseball cap
  • Ancestry DNA box addressed to Berreth's P.O. box in Florissant
  • Verizon cell phone with broken screen
  • 17 gray shirts
  • Five teeth
  • Hairbrush
  • 50 9-mm rounds and two casings
  • Motorola Droid from Verizon with cracked screen
  • Laptops and tablets
  • Toothbrushes
  • Two more pairs of boots
  • Knife
  • Took swabs of a Swiffer, bleach bottle, Simply Green cleaning solution -- all positive presumptive (confirmed the presence of a specific substance, usually blood)

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley 2h2 hours ago
21 search warrants including cell phone records, #patrickfrazee ranch and cars are released by Teller County. Below is a photo of Frazee in baby clothes section of Walmart the day police say he killed #kelseyberreth. ⁦@ABC
D0_595QUYAIPaj2.jpg

Search reference: Walmart Photo

Last edited:
Taking a closer look, I'm going to say Joe's last name is Moore. The next name looks like [somebody] Clarke. Possibly Ward? So revised:

"I Patrick Frazee on Dec 12, 2018
Give my permission to Sheila Frazee, Bob Slagle,
Joe Moore, [illegible] Clarke, Sean Frazee to care for
and obtain medical care in the case of my absence
to my daughter [KJF]

[signature illegible, but I assume it is Patrick Frazee]"

Note: Baby's name changed to initials to comply with WS TOS

MOO

I don't know why one would list a brother with such authority when one is "estranged" from him. Just saying... And this Slagle? Wow...

I’m sure my dentist gave me mine after I had my wisdom teeth extracted.

I would have thrown them straight in the trash though.

They absolutely would have run DNA tests on any teeth that could have potentially been Kelsey’s.

If he kept her teeth, then he’s done.

I already believe he’s done.
I firmly believe he's done, based on this document alone.

Christmas ornament for baby K was from CB2. :(

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley
Search warrant for #PatrickFrazee's ranch released in #kelseyberreth investigation say LE was looking for clothes & a ball cap PF was wearing on WalMart surv video, a bath mat missing from Kelsey's home, her car keys, & a 2018 Christmas orn her brother gave to the baby. @ABC

Five teeth, potentially bloody sheet found in search of Patrick Frazee’s home, court records show – The Denver Post
On Dec. 15, authorities filed a search warrant executed on Frazee’s home, which listed 67 seized items. Police took possession of Frazee’s financial records, five pairs of his wrangler blue jeans, a Verizon tablet, his boots, a tan baseball cap and 50 9 mm bullets and two casings. They also wanted items that could provide DNA samples of the suspect and victim.

They also found “four teeth in a small envelope” and a fifth tooth held separately.

One of Berreth’s teeth became a gruesome point of discussion during a recent hearing involving Frazee’s alleged accomplice, Krystal Jean Kenney Lee, an Idaho nurse.

Lee told investigators that Frazee had her clean up “a mess” at Berreth’s townhome after he killed her, the affidavit says. Frazee specifically asked her to look for a tooth that may have fallen down an air vent. Lee found a tooth inside the apartment that included the full root.

But no mention was made about teeth Frazee may have found on the floor after allegedly cracking Berreth in the head repeatedly with a bat. Berreth’s blood was later discovered on walls, in the cracks of floorboards, on a toilet, a mantle and the kitchen refrigerator.

The same warrant also included a request to swab the interior of a washing machine. Authorities wanted to know if they could find Berreth’s blood in the washing machine, the search warrant says.

Search warrants released in Kelsey Berreth murder investigation
Items taken from Berreth's townhome during a Dec. 6 investigation
  • Possible blood collected from toilet
  • Sample from sink, collected from bathroom sink
  • Sample from wall, collected from under towel rack
  • Sample from side of tub, collected from bathtub
  • Trash can, from bathroom
  • Shower curtain and liner
  • Towel from towel rack
  • Two towels from downstairs bedroom
  • Rug from living room
  • Sample from outlet in bathroom
  • Mat from outside of front door
  • The whole towel rack from bathroom wall
  • Bathroom vanity cabinet door
  • Sample from laundry door handle
  • Sample from laundry door frame
  • Bathroom drain and trap
  • Samples from door handle from downstairs closet
  • Samples from light switch from downstairs closet
  • Bathroom door (entire door)
  • Doorknobs found in trash can in downstairs closet
  • Kitchen sink trap and drain
Items taken from Frazee's residence on Dec. 14 (One week before his arrest)
  • A blanket
  • Several pairs of jeans
  • Frazee's Ent checkbook and registers
  • A health care card in Berreth's name
  • LG cellphone
  • Columbia boots
  • Baseball cap
  • Ancestry DNA box addressed to Berreth's P.O. box in Florissant
  • Verizon cell phone with broken screen
  • 17 gray shirts
  • Five teeth
  • Hairbrush
  • 50 9-mm rounds and two casings
  • Motorola Droid from Verizon with cracked screen
  • Laptops and tablets
  • Toothbrushes
  • Two more pairs of boots
  • Knife
  • Took swabs of a Swiffer, bleach bottle, Simply Green cleaning solution -- all positive presumptive (confirmed the presence of a specific substance, usually blood)

(5 teeth?)

ETA / disregard.
Five teeth, potentially bloody sheet found in search of Patrick Frazee’s home, court records show – The Denver Post
On Dec. 15, authorities filed a search warrant executed on Frazee’s home, which listed 67 seized items. Police took possession of Frazee’s financial records, five pairs of his wrangler blue jeans, a Verizon tablet, his boots, a tan baseball cap and 50 9 mm bullets and two casings. They also wanted items that could provide DNA samples of the suspect and victim.

They also found “four teeth in a small envelope” and a fifth tooth held separately.

One of Berreth’s teeth became a gruesome point of discussion during a recent hearing involving Frazee’s alleged accomplice, Krystal Jean Kenney Lee, an Idaho nurse.

Lee told investigators that Frazee had her clean up “a mess” at Berreth’s townhome after he killed her, the affidavit says. Frazee specifically asked her to look for a tooth that may have fallen down an air vent. Lee found a tooth inside the apartment that included the full root.

But no mention was made about teeth Frazee may have found on the floor after allegedly cracking Berreth in the head repeatedly with a bat. Berreth’s blood was later discovered on walls, in the cracks of floorboards, on a toilet, a mantle and the kitchen refrigerator.

The same warrant also included a request to swab the interior of a washing machine. Authorities wanted to know if they could find Berreth’s blood in the washing machine, the search warrant says.

Snipped.

Doorknobs in the trash? So, someone bothered to take the knobs off and then not bother to actually get rid of them?

Or were they removed before the murder?

Any insight on this?

(I've been off this thread for awhile so perhaps the doorknobs is a known thing and I'm behind).

jmo
I wondered about that too. Very strange.

Thinking about the Wizard of Oz FB post made me think about when Dan May wanted to call SF at the hearing about something that happened on the 22nd. I discounted this being the same SF ages and ages ago, but could Dan May know something we don't know? I'm still trying to figure out what he was going to ask her about at that hearing.

I might be missing something and have not caught up with all posts but LE put this FB post in their warrant so I would assume they felt it relevant?

Snipped.

Doorknobs in the trash? So, someone bothered to take the knobs off and then not bother to actually get rid of them?

Or were they removed before the murder?

Any insight on this?

(I've been off this thread for awhile so perhaps the doorknobs is a known thing and I'm behind).

jmo

I'm behind too and might be getting cases confused, but isn't this the one where none of PFs DNA/prints were found on faucets, door handles etc in his home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000