23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • keystone sf cap block.png
    keystone sf cap block.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • cinder-blocks-745553-64_1000.jpg
    cinder-blocks-745553-64_1000.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
going north above Lawrence Shoals, see google map below,where the river splits to the right, just above it..... I thought that was the area SD was discovered by the fishermen coming from Long Shoals....above.....there is a topography map online somewhere I'll try to find

it was a stand of trees IIRC that she was in, and presumably closer to the main channel, not in it, but for the guys to see her when passing, they said they wouldnt get any closer........so they weren't IN a cove it didnt sound like but passing by...........Google Maps

Here I go again with my "memory"... I thought there was a photo of the house... The viewpoint was from the the water looking towards back of house... and I swear I remember seeing blocks - creating a short tiered effect. (Like mini-retaining walls created using red/terracotta blocks).

Am I creating false memories? I'm getting a little concerned about my synapses snapping!

hmm, people keep saying family wouldnt behead but I want to know what planet they live on, cuz they are few but it happens and dismemberments

anyway......I dont thnk he has a person in mind, its another scare tactic or decoy IMO

but now that we are pretty certain, well I AM, that the beheading was NOT PLANNED..........then it could be family or anyone

it came down to it HAD to be done and family may not have been the actual one/s committing this act anyway if hired out but for some reason it came to it needed to be done

If you dont think a bullet would require beheading someone in order to hide evidence,

what about BITING............HOW.........HOW are you going to get al YOUR BLOOD and DNA OUT OF HIS MOUTH without beheading him?

jsut some thoughts

Good night all!! Glad everyone is jumping on board!
Biting!
That makes a lot of sense to me. Had not thought of that before.

Here I go again with my "memory"... I thought there was a photo of the house... The viewpoint was from the the water looking towards back of house... and I swear I remember seeing blocks - creating a short tiered effect. (Like mini-retaining walls created using red/terracotta blocks).

Am I creating false memories? I'm getting a little concerned about my synapses snapping!

Photos of the front and back yard:
0515_howardsills04_cck_oneuseonly.jpg

Relentless: Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills chases a killer

5AgMy.So.71.jpg

New details as mystery reigns in year-old Dermond lake murders

view

Jax detectives help in Georgia beheading case

548917929_1140x641.jpg

PHOTOS: Sheriff, community still searching for answers in Dermond murders 4 years later

bqZGE.So.71.jpg

New details as mystery reigns in year-old Dermond lake murders

Clicking on them enlarges the photo to see the details.

eta: one more photo

Last edited:
My memory recall is that a neighbor across the cove, looking through trees, saw someone walking in the backyard of the Dermonds. This neighbor did not get a very good look and certainly could not identify him.

Then, SS ‘s announcement that this person had been cleared was a shock to all.

Personally, I am questionable about SS’s comments over the years. His big puff up of himself at the beginning as to how good he was at solving crimes, and then zilch on this case. The only points he gets is the FBI was working on this case too, but they came away empty handed.

Thanks, @Harmony 2 !
If you enlarge the last photo and scroll to the right-looks like a rectangular bed of pine straw with landscaping blocks... I'm on my phone. Will look at photo on monitor tomorrow.

JMO on a phone with tiny screen...

My memory recall is that a neighbor across the cove, looking through trees, saw someone walking in the backyard of the Dermonds. This neighbor did not get a very good look and certainly could not identify him.

Then, SS ‘s announcement that this person had been cleared was a shock to all.

Personally, I am questionable about SS’s comments over the years. His big puff up of himself at the beginning as to how good he was at solving crimes, and then zilch on this case. The only points he gets is the FBI was working on this case too, but they came away empty handed.

If you can show a source where it was someone from across the COVE who saw the person on the Dermond's property, that would be great. Not doubting you at all, but we have gotten so many convoluted sightings of this mystery person. So far we have this person seen by a "neighbor" and then, a "witness." Now we have a person clear across the cove seeing this guy. On top of that, SS first said he was a "person of interest" and then all of a sudden we hear that "he was cleared." It's obvious that if this witness exists he would not recognize the lawn guy. Maybe it was a mail carrier, neighborhood walker, UPS guy, lookie-loo (don't forget - the security gates weren't working.)

If you can show a source where it was someone from across the COVE who saw the person on the Dermond's property, that would be great. Not doubting you at all, but we have gotten so many convoluted sightings of this mystery person. So far we have this person seen by a "neighbor" and then, a "witness." Now we have a person clear across the cove seeing this guy. On top of that, SS first said he was a "person of interest" and then all of a sudden we hear that "he was cleared." It's obvious that if this witness exists he would not recognize the lawn guy. Maybe it was a mail carrier, neighborhood walker, UPS guy, lookie-loo (don't forget - the security gates weren't working.)

I meant to say the security cameras weren't working - so it's true that just driving in would have been a problem.

From 2017...SS hadn't identified or cleared the person at this point...

Mystery still surrounds murders of elderly couple

JMO

My friends parents were at the lake in May. Retired Veterinarian. Him and his wife were on the pontoon boat and when the word started to spread they drove as close as allowed by boat to that area.

That’s where everything was setup. The body was dropped in a deeper part of the lake but got caught in the tree line eventually. It looks different in person than on a map.

Hate to keep hounding you on this but just need to know. Was SD found in deep water or near the shore where you have marked with the X, off of Wallace Rd? Or is that water near the shore very deep, quick drop off at the waters edge. Thanks in advance!

This is an interesting read from CNN on May 14, 2014- Mr. D had been found but not Mrs. D when this was written.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2014/05/08/justice/georgia-elderly-man-decapitated-wife-missing/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Near the end article states the D's had recently sold their boat. Is that right?
Do we know who bought it?

JMO and wondering
RD last paid taxes on his boat on 12/2011 so he would have sold it prior to 12/2012 when taxes would next be due, something like $87. No idea who purchased the boat...Putnam County tax records

Still looking forward to more podcast episodes but now that I don't trust my old memories... I will leave it up to others to discuss.

As always... I'd love to see this case solved sooner rather than later.

Still looking forward to more podcast episodes but now that I don't trust my old memories... I will leave it up to others to discuss.

As always... I'd love to see this case solved sooner rather than later.
fred&edna, don't be so hard on yourself.. often times there are all kinds of contradictions in cases... you may have very well heard/read that SS had cleared this 'lawnman' at one point. sometimes past articles are 'gone' or difficult to find. So.. don't leave it to others, it's important to keep participating since you've been involved since the beginning!

I'm almost afraid to post this, for fear that it was discussed way back. I came across it and found it interesting that it was 4 years ago (can't tell exact date). The Ds were killed less than 5 years ago, so timing could be similar-ish. This does not seem to have gone anywhere, however it does indicate there are people who seem to believe this guy 'didn't do it'... not sure how this all fits in, but.. interesting.

https://www.change.org/p/bahamian-c...nvicted-of-murder-with-proof-of-his-innocence

SS told me and Tricia he had a daughter.
Thanks for that info Levi... did SS say how old that child was, either now, or back when the Ds died, or even back when Mark died, so that we can establish an approximate current age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado