GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sold on premeditation especially of the little girls.

I'm sold that CW planned on changing his life in a way that didn't include SW or his children and it was just a matter of figuring out how he could get away with their disappearance and look like a good guy.

Last edited:
Then he has a superhuman ability to bounce back...within the hour yucking it up with a “lol” text to his coworker! Unenrolling them from school within 2 hours to save some bucks and contacting the realtor to get that house up for sale that week! Coworkers noticed nothing amiss with his demeanor that morning! And the list goes on...

Exactly. He was way too relaxed and happy for all this to have been an unexpected, unplanned event.

A criminal may not know exactly what he plans to do or how he plans to do it but he probably knows he IS going to do it.

I'm sold that CW planned on changing his life in a way that didn't include SW or his children and it was just a matter of figuring out how he could get away with their disappearance and look like a good guy.

He had 6 weeks bachin' it. He loved that life especially with NK. He was miserable when his real life returned. He had the girls by himself when Shanann was in AZ and was reminded of what a tremendous responsibility it s with little ones. He knew he couldn't do it anymore particularly with his new love life.
IMO

Exactly. He was way too relaxed and happy for all this to have been an unexpected, unplanned event.
He’s a sociopath though. He doesn’t react to stressors the same way that most of us would.

This very well may have been premeditated, but looking at his post offense behavior, probably isn’t proof of that.

The call to the Primrose school was made at 8:26 am. CW told them the girls would no longer be attending there.

He had agreed to prepare their backpacks via text message the day before in response to Shanann's request. I don't recall if there is any evidence that he actually did that.

IIRC, I also remember seeing a text exchange between CW and SW where SW asked if he could be there for the girls first day at school and he replied that he would. The night before the murders though he texted a coworker stating his plans to be at Cervi that next morning. Wasn’t that the same day that he promised to be present for Bella and CeCe’s first day of school? If so, that does make it appear that this was premediatated and that he knew beforehand they wouldn’t be attending school the next day.

Last edited:
I'm with you that he couldn't sound any worse... I think he's completely tone-deaf as to what would sound the most heartless, although maybe the truth is closer to the version where he knew he was going to murder the girls at CERVI19, minus the "pondering" enroute, etc. I agree with you he didn't mention the mistress; I think his "...she wouldn't even let me..." comment from the porch interview was likely alluding to how she got in so late there wasn't even time for any hanky-panky, and I agree with you that he blitzed her once she was in bed, under the covers, and asleep. I'm just left wondering about his motivation for this latest version, and questioning some of the specifics...

I think he's reinventing himself with the thought that he's rehabilitating his image. Insane as that sounds, remember he doesn't feel anything about the horror he did to his family so he can't relate to what anyone thinks about that. Yeah, he knows it's not okay but he doesn't FEEL it. He's probably got some kind of thinking going on about getting right with God (because he knows that's what he supposed to do); being forthcoming about his actions (as far as his personal shame can allow) and getting some kudos for that. He'll go on to be a model prisoner and teach mechanics and get kudos for that.

Welcome to Websleuths, SBTrinity! :)
TY....been a lurker for years and finally decided to actually make an account, yet waited another month to post. Love reading others' posts, which seem to summarize my own thoughts/opinions. The case is so horrific and hard to fathom.

I need to figure out how to quote multiple posts!

He’s a sociopath though. He doesn’t react to stressors the same way that most of us would.

This very well may have been premeditated, but looking at his post offense behavior, probably isn’t proof of that.

I agree, but I believe there are way to many things he did ahead of time that do in fact point to premeditation without a doubt imo

The biggest one being the odd texts and the preplaning to go straight to the cevi ranch. When he almost always went to the office first.

And that by the way his texts sounded he was making it sound like, ahh I can handle it alone.

Couple that with the fact of what we know now and I’m just not sure how to interpret it any other way. Moo

ETA I’m talking about the Saturday texts to the guy from work.

Last edited:

Point well taken but surely while it would not be devastating it would represent a huge change of plans. Risks had to go up. Frustration. Worries. Surely sociopaths get at least pissed off when things don't go their way and their life takes a huge turn. It's like this guy was juggling and didn't drop a ball that morning. MOO

I recall CW explanation to investigators for canceling school enrollment was that house was on the market, and they expected to be moving soon. He tried to back this up with texts to his realtor that morning.

The only thing I will ever believe from CW is that SW did not kill her children. That's it.
During the interrogation, they brought up his call to the school. He lied about what he told the school official. The reason they brought it up and the reason they knew he was lying was because the school officials had already contacted police and told them what he said that morning. The interrogators immediately called him out about his lying. He claimed to Coder that he called up to find out if his kids were there. But this dummy had actually called up and told them "they won't be coming here anymore." And then he asked the school official if the girls were there.

I agree, but I believe there are way to many things he did ahead of time that do in fact point to premeditation without a doubt imo

The biggest one being the odd texts and the preplaning to go straight to the cevi ranch. When he always went to the office first.

And that by the way his texts sounded he was making it sound like, ahh I can handle it alone.

Couple that with the fact of what we know now and I’m just not sure how to interpret it any other way. Moo
I agree completely was some preplanning - only one quibble with your statement for factual accuracy. Coworkers said it was not completely out of the norm for him to do what he did in saying he would handle something on his own - and - he did not always go to the office first, just most of the time. Now, coincidence? I think NOT and agree with you wholeheartedly.

He had 6 weeks bachin' it. He loved that life especially with NK. He was miserable when his real life returned. He had the girls by himself when Shanann was in AZ and was reminded of what a tremendous responsibility it s with little ones. He knew he couldn't do it anymore particularly with his new love life.
IMO
I think he thought his old life was boring....in comparison to this new highly sexualized life! He was foot loose and fancy free for what? 5 weeks? Having the time of his life!
But a normal person would still love their children.
How does a person go from loving their children to murdering them? And quite frankly, imo, acting like they're excited about being free of them?
He must truly be a psychopath.
Even his supposed repentance is just for himself, whatever satisfaction he thinks he will derive from it.
All jmo.

The biggest one being the odd texts and the preplaning to go straight to the cevi ranch. When he always went to the office first.

I agree with the premeditation part.

My point is that I’d expect the same post offense behavior, regardless of if this was premeditated or not.

This guy isn’t going to panic at the horror of what has just happened. He doesn’t care about that.

He is going to think clearly, behave relatively normally, and is going to remain relatively composed.

I believe this was likely premeditated, because the evidence indicates that; not because of his calm exterior.

TY....been a lurker for years and finally decided to actually make an account, yet waited another month to post. Love reading others' posts, which seem to summarize my own thoughts/opinions. The case is so horrific and hard to fathom.

I need to figure out how to quote multiple posts!
It took me forever to figure it out, and yet it couldn't be easier. You reply to one. Don't hit post reply yet. Now go up and hit reply to another post. It will fill in under your last words. Voila! Now you are hitting the big league ;) Welcome!

IIRC, I also remember seeing a text exchange between CW and SW where SW asked if he could be there for the girls first day at school and he replied that he would. The night before the murders though he texted a coworker stating his plans to be at Cervi that next morning. Wasn’t that the same day that he promised to be present for Bella and CeCe’s first day of school? If so, that does make it appear that this was premediatated and that he knew beforehand they wouldn’t be attending school the next day.
Great connection!!

I agree with the premeditation part.

My point is that I’d expect the same post offense behavior, regardless of if this was premeditated or not.

This guy isn’t going to panic at the horror of what has just happened. He doesn’t care about that.

He is going to think clearly, behave relatively normally, and is going to remain relatively composed.

I believe this was likely premeditated, because the evidence indicates that; not because of his calm exterior.
I do remember reading "The Sociopath Next Door" and one thing that stuck with me was her point that sociopaths have some usefulness to society. And an example was war. They make the best killers. Yikes. Still, this guy was such an idiot I think it would throw him for a loop if not by way of empathy.

I agree completely was some preplanning - only one quibble with your statement for factual accuracy. Coworkers said it was not completely out of the norm for him to do what he did in saying he would handle something on his own - and - he did not always go to the office first, just most of the time. Now, coincidence? I think NOT and agree with you wholeheartedly.

You got me there, correct it wasn’t totally out of line I guess

There were other factors, I believe coworker chad said he felt it was weird that Chris texted him saying he was going to check it out. Bc it wasn’t an urgent issue etc.

I do believe some statements also said it was unusual that he wouldn’t show up to the office. So I believe it was a seldom occurrence.

So yah I guess it’s possible that it was just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong