GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great connection!!
IIRC, I also remember seeing a text exchange between CW and SW where SW asked if he could be there for the girls first day at school and he replied that he would. The night before the murders though he texted a coworker stating his plans to be at Cervi that next morning. Wasn’t that the same day that he promised to be present for Bella and CeCe’s first day of school? If so, that does make it appear that this was premediatated and that he knew beforehand they wouldn’t be attending school the next day.
OH YEAH! I forgot all about that. Excellent point! I remember that clearly now.

I think he thought his old life was boring....in comparison to this new highly sexualized life! He was foot loose and fancy free for what? 5 weeks? Having the time of his life!
But a normal person would still love their children.
How does a person go from loving their children to murdering them? And quite frankly, imo, acting like they're excited about being free of them?
He must truly be a psychopath.
Even his supposed repentance is just for himself, whatever satisfaction he thinks he will derive from it.
All jmo.
Remember, this is someone who googles something like - what it feels like to be in love. He didn't really know what it was to love an adult, let alone a child.

Not me! Some of the best, most ethical people I have ever known are atheists or agnostic. And in my years working at religious schools (which I did), some of the most hateful, bigoted people I've ever met called themselves religious or people of faith.

But I find the question fascinating. Can a psychopath believe in God? If not, why not? I wondered this a lot during the casey anthony case. Did she ever lay awake and worry about her soul?

Great question. And I agree, I know many people that may be low on the scale of embracing any specific religion, yet are very spiritual.

How about Christopher Coleman, another family annihilator, who worked televangelist security? I don't know his level of belief in a higher power, but the risk of the DP or LWOP was outweighed by his concern that a divorce would be perceived so negatively that he killed his wife and 2 boys to start over with his AP.
Or John List who killed his family because he felt that they were moving away from their faith and that he was "saving" them?

Whether they believe or not, I think that they tell themselves that they believe but are able to compartmentalize and one has nothing to do with the either in their jacked brains.

That’s where I’m at.

A week ago, I would have bet all of CW’s bottles of “Just For Men,” that he killed his family at home.

It would have been so much easier.

What he claims he did, is both crazy, and hideously evil.

The evidence doesn’t exclude it though, and this is a weird lie for HIM to tell.

Especially when we take into account his psychological need to appear as the good guy.

I find myself believing him.

I never thought I’d say that about a pathological liar.

I haven't landed on what I believe exactly happened that night. I don't think he will EVER be completely truthful but I do believe that this new version has some components of truth. However, I don't believe he has found religion and that this is really more geared toward showing that it wasn't premeditated.

I’m so happy this got copied over to the new thread. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to write it, your willingness to feel the emotions you must have experienced while writing it and for sharing it with the rest of us.
Thank you so, so much......it really means the world to me to hear that:) I feel so connected to them like most of us do now and I want to picture them smiling and happy like they were in life:)

Great question. And I agree, I know many people that may be low on the scale of embracing any specific religion, yet are very spiritual.

How about Christopher Coleman, another family annihilator, who worked televangelist security? I don't know his level of belief in a higher power, but the risk of the DP or LWOP was outweighed by his concern that a divorce would be perceived so negatively that he killed his wife and 2 boys to start over with his AP.
Or John List who killed his family because he felt that they were moving away from their faith and that he was "saving" them?

Whether they believe or not, I think that they tell themselves that they believe but are able to compartmentalize and one has nothing to do with the either in their jacked brains.

Good examples. So essentially even if they're believers they're so psychologically twisted that they can somehow manage to justify what they've done or excuse it or ask for forgiveness or whatever and they manage I guess. It's hard to understand but I guess it makes some sense.

These are just disturbed people. I guess I keep trying to make things fit or understand them through the lens of normalcy, of everyone else and it's just not going to work.

I am not a psychiatrist nor have I studied psychiatry - but from what I have read about Borderlines, they are the most likely to commit suicide - not murder others. While they can be selfish, I believe they can feel empathy and they try desperately to hold on to relationships - not leave them. I have read that you are right they don't have a fully formed sense of identity like that, however. I could be wrong but I haven't heard anyone reference that any family annihilator could be a Borderline in the articles I have read about them. MOO
I have a ex-sister-in-law with Border line personality disorder. She holds on to the relationship with her children but every time her children get close to someone, she removes those people from their lives. She wants it to be just her and them.

SW was in AZ for the weekend, expected to return home Sunday evening, until flight delayed. It was widely reported that CW would not allow SW to talk to the children on the phone Sunday eve prior to their bedtime citing that Bella especially would get over excited, and he would not be able to get the girls to bed. It was also alleged that BW got out of bed several times Sunday to see if SW was home yet. I don't believe she slept sound that night to begin with-- and not surprised she woke up early, or responded to sounds of arguing.

One of CW's alleged complaints was that his children were publicly disrespecting him (i.e., mimicking SW). In videos of CW and the girls, he does not have the upper hand with them whatsoever, and they were definitely more mindful of SW. I believe BW would have been distraught that her mother was not awake and riding on the floor of truck, and that they were not anywhere close to arriving at hospital.
Wouldn't that video have shown him putting the girls in the truck?

Last edited:
I haven't landed on what I believe exactly happened that night. I don't think he will EVER be completely truthful but I do believe that this new version has some components of truth. However, I don't believe he has found religion and that this is really more geared toward showing that it wasn't premeditated.
I think there is something that happens in our brain under extreme stress and some call it finding religion.

Behind here as usual, I just wanted to note fwiw that as a local I can attest to the winds being very strong, which is why I never questioned the validity of the toys and blankets blowing away.

(I also want to apologize for perhaps misinterpreting a post yesterday and getting mad, my bad, I deleted my tantrum immediately. I was all emotional and scatterbrained after watching DP.)
Hi Margarita...... i'm a fellow local:) And don't worry......we've all been emotional and it's totally understandable !

I 100% think he planned to kill Shanann and 99% think he planned to kill the girls. The only reason Bella and CeCe were “allowed” to live an extra 40 minutes was because he had to work himself up to do it. Just because he was a coward and needed more time doesn’t change my mind that he wanted them all dead and knew exactly where he would “bury” them. I don’t think he killed them because little Bella woke up asking for her mom. I picture him arriving at the site, getting SW’s body out of the truck and immediately going to poor little CeCe and killing her quickly and then Bella. He was probably frantic to get it all done so he could leave. I think once he got to the site he did it all very quick. Ugh. I hate saying this.

I think there is something that happens in our brain under extreme stress and some call it finding religion.
Yeah. Everyone finds religion in prison, that’s nothing new.

I don’t know if it’s boredom, stress, or some sort of psychological need that these guys are fulfilling.

They find it when they’re in, and typically let it go if they get out.

I 100% think he planned to kill Shanann and 99% think he planned to kill the girls. The only reason Bella and CeCe were “allowed” to live an extra 40 minutes was because he had to work himself up to do it. Just because he was a coward and needed more time doesn’t change my mind that he wanted them all dead and knew exactly where he would “bury” them. I don’t think he killed them because little Bella woke up asking for her mom. I picture him arriving at the site, getting SW’s body out of the truck and immediately going to poor little CeCe and killing her quickly and then Bella. He was probably frantic to get it all done so he could leave. I think once he got to the site he did it all very quick. Ugh. I hate saying this.
I’m not sure if he needed to work up to it, or if he was motivated by time constraints.

Those kids were dead the second he killed Shanann, whether CW knew it or not.

This had one ending.

About the only way he could make himself sound worse is to admit she was sleeping when he murdered her. (IMO).

I'm pretty much believing most of the latest story, except I don't think they had sex. And I don't think he ever said he had a mistress.And she was asleep when he attacked and murdered her.

Was that story from the woman who said she met CW, via Craigslist, debunked? I was never sure what to believe but that she claimed he choked her during sex always made me wonder if he did that to Shanann.

"Sigh". At the beginning of this tragedy, I was one of those who believed that something catastrophic must have happened that night for CW to annihilate his whole family. I thought maybe he was an emotionally repressed ball of failure, frustration and anger and that he must have just "lost it" for whatever reason. Even Shan'aan's family did not appear to have an unkind word of much relevance to say about CW. I could digest the whole sickening tragedy with at least some sort of perspective that he must have 'snapped" even though it was horrible. It is disturbing to me that a human being is capable of killing his wife, but unfathomable to me that he would also kill his own children with his bare hands. Whether we ever know if killing the babies was an "afterthought" or not, might be interesting to know. To me, now, it doesn't make much difference anymore. The people that had him pegged from the beginning were spot on. I just couldn't believe that a man could be so evil. Whether it was premeditated or not, I have no words to articulate how I feel about what he did. So, again, through gaining more understanding in this case, big credit to WS, about what some human beings are capable of , I slowly wrapped my mind around the truly psychopathic nature of this monster. THE END.
I thought so anyway. There are disgusting "new" revelations being disclosed about CeCe and Bella being driven to the oil well site with their dead mother wrapped in a sheet in the back seat with them. And possible being killed at that site. Do I believe everything or anything he says now? God, I don't know. But if there is even an iota of truth in what he describes that Bella went through that night, then, again, there now exists another, even more evil, truth to assimilate into the empathy and sorrow that I feel for every innocent person involved in this, i.e. family, friends and extended family members. What both babies went through that night, is truly a more sickening and profoundly cold and unimaginable act, EVEN with the understanding of him being a psycho sicko. In addition to what was previously known in this case, to me, all this time I took some comfort in the hope and possibility of those babies being in their beds, in a sound sleep and the struggle that ensued at the hands of their Daddy was quick and mercifully painless. NOW that we have to imagine the horror of the exchanges both verbally and physically between CW and Bella that night, what this baby girl must have felt.
This scenario is the most sickening scenario that I have ever heard or read about with regards to a crime about a parent killing his/her own kids. But Bella's grandparents..both sets....how do they assimilate this terrible understanding of what Bella, who seems to have been somewhat aware, endured that night..the confusion..the terror...and all the hands of her trusted Daddy. How can that have been presented to the GP's? I know that they have right to know but....I can't begin to imagine how they needed to be given this information. As for as Shann'aan family, maybe had they known all of the details, earlier in the investigation, of what those girls went through at CW's hands, especially what it seems Bella in particular experienced that night, then maybe they would have revisited the deep place in their heart where they found the strength and love to spare him the DP. I will put a whole heck of a lot more weight on the insights into human psychopathic nature from some of the members of the WS community next time.

Yeah. Everyone finds religion in prison, that’s nothing new.

I don’t know if it’s boredom, stress, or some sort of psychological need that these guys are fulfilling.

They find it when they’re in, and typically let it go if they get out.
Well, most of them are playing a con game. Personally, I never believe a con saying "i found God!" But I do think something might happen (not really finding God) to the brain under extreme stress.

People in prison all seem to find religion. I don't believe Chris. Had he truly found God, he would tell the truth and wouldn't still be putting blame on Shanann. He would truly be remorseful. His parents quoted scripture at his plea deal but if they truly knew God, they wouldn't have behaved as they did. Saanann's mom truly knows the Lord, she did something I couldn't have done, she asked them to spare his life. Regardless of what religion or if you believe in God or not, Sometimes you have to watch people's actions and not just listen to their words. JMO

He's had months to think now. He can have concocted any story he likes, including memorising the finer details. I honestly believe that he is doing this 1) to cause further pain to Shanann's family, 2) to keep it all in the news to cause further pain and 3) because he's actually started to enjoy the notoriety.

How he could relay all those details to investigators and not be absolutely wrecked with grief and guilt is beyond me.

Ultimately, like DA Rourke said, he can say anything and we will never know if it's true.

I said earlier I would love to hear from the DA after this, but I would REALLY love to hear from the FBI agents. I imagine they will be the best judges of truth and lies.

"Sigh". At the beginning of this tragedy, I was one of those who believed that something catastrophic must have happened that night for CW to annihilate his whole family. I thought maybe he was an emotionally repressed ball of failure, frustration and anger and that he must have just "lost it" for whatever reason. Even Shan'aan's family did not appear to have an unkind word of much relevance to say about CW. I could digest the whole sickening tragedy with at least some sort of perspective that he must have 'snapped" even though it was horrible. It is disturbing to me that a human being is capable of killing his wife, but unfathomable to me that he would also kill his own children with his bare hands. Whether we ever know if killing the babies was an "afterthought" or not, might be interesting to know. To me, now, it doesn't make much difference anymore. The people that had him pegged from the beginning were spot on. I just couldn't believe that a man could be so evil. Whether it was premeditated or not, I have no words to articulate how I feel about what he did. So, again, through gaining more understanding in this case, big credit to WS, about what some human beings are capable of , I slowly wrapped my mind around the truly psychopathic nature of this monster. THE END.
I thought so anyway. There are disgusting "new" revelations being disclosed about CeCe and Bella being driven to the oil well site with their dead mother wrapped in a sheet in the back seat with them. And possible being killed at that site. Do I believe everything or anything he says now? God, I don't know. But if there is even an iota of truth in what he describes that Bella went through that night, then, again, there now exists another, even more evil, truth to assimilate into the empathy and sorrow that I feel for every innocent person involved in this, i.e. family, friends and extended family members. What both babies went through that night, is truly a more sickening and profoundly cold and unimaginable act, EVEN with the understanding of him being a psycho sicko. In addition to what was previously known in this case, to me, all this time I took some comfort in the hope and possibility of those babies being in their beds, in a sound sleep and the struggle that ensued at the hands of their Daddy was quick and mercifully painless. NOW that we have to imagine the horror of the exchanges both verbally and physically between CW and Bella that night, what this baby girl must have felt.
This scenario is the most sickening scenario that I have ever heard or read about with regards to a crime about a parent killing his/her own kids. But Bella's grandparents..both sets....how do they assimilate this terrible understanding of what Bella, who seems to have been somewhat aware, endured that night..the confusion..the terror...and all the hands of her trusted Daddy. How can that have been presented to the GP's? I know that they have right to know but....I can't begin to imagine how they needed to be given this information. As for as Shann'aan family, maybe had they known all of the details, earlier in the investigation, of what those girls went through at CW's hands, especially what it seems Bella in particular experienced that night, then maybe they would have revisited the deep place in their heart where they found the strength and love to spare him the DP. I will put a whole heck of a lot more weight on the insights into human psychopathic nature from some of the members of the WS community next time.
Great post.

There is no way to truly understand the depravity of Chris Watts.

The more we learn, the worse this gets.

What he did was unspeakably evil, but not unprecedented.

The only way I can begin to comprehend what he was thinking, is to look at all the vile creatures that came before him.

The John List’s, the Bradford Bishop’s, the Robert Fisher’s, the Jeffrey MacDonald’s, and the countless others who have decided that for one reason or another, their families must die.

Fortunately, these guys are rare on the whole; not that it matters in regards to the path of destruction that this guy left in his wake.

The Rzucek family has shown unbelievable strength in the face of astounding grief and loss.

This pain has been compounded by internet trolls, whose ignorance is exceeded only by their hate.

They want to know what happened that night, so they can begin to pick up the pieces of their lives, that CW has left in tatters.

And so they can silence the Shanann bashers.

CW has given them the ammunition to do that, and hopefully, the truth they are seeking.

His latest interview with investigators, is not motivated by noble intentions.

But he may provide some answers.

And hopefully some measure of closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members