GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he's lying and hiding under the cloak of God and religion because it doesn't make any sense and it never will and I think we will never know the truth from his lips unless he says he was a selfish *advertiser censored* looking for a new start with his mistress, which eventually would have ended up in horror as well because based on evil!!

"Sigh". At the beginning of this tragedy, I was one of those who believed that something catastrophic must have happened that night for CW to annihilate his whole family. I thought maybe he was an emotionally repressed ball of failure, frustration and anger and that he must have just "lost it" for whatever reason. Even Shan'aan's family did not appear to have an unkind word of much relevance to say about CW. I could digest the whole sickening tragedy with at least some sort of perspective that he must have 'snapped" even though it was horrible. It is disturbing to me that a human being is capable of killing his wife, but unfathomable to me that he would also kill his own children with his bare hands. Whether we ever know if killing the babies was an "afterthought" or not, might be interesting to know. To me, now, it doesn't make much difference anymore. The people that had him pegged from the beginning were spot on. I just couldn't believe that a man could be so evil. Whether it was premeditated or not, I have no words to articulate how I feel about what he did. So, again, through gaining more understanding in this case, big credit to WS, about what some human beings are capable of , I slowly wrapped my mind around the truly psychopathic nature of this monster. THE END.
I thought so anyway. There are disgusting "new" revelations being disclosed about CeCe and Bella being driven to the oil well site with their dead mother wrapped in a sheet in the back seat with them. And possible being killed at that site. Do I believe everything or anything he says now? God, I don't know. But if there is even an iota of truth in what he describes that Bella went through that night, then, again, there now exists another, even more evil, truth to assimilate into the empathy and sorrow that I feel for every innocent person involved in this, i.e. family, friends and extended family members. What both babies went through that night, is truly a more sickening and profoundly cold and unimaginable act, EVEN with the understanding of him being a psycho sicko. In addition to what was previously known in this case, to me, all this time I took some comfort in the hope and possibility of those babies being in their beds, in a sound sleep and the struggle that ensued at the hands of their Daddy was quick and mercifully painless. NOW that we have to imagine the horror of the exchanges both verbally and physically between CW and Bella that night, what this baby girl must have felt.
This scenario is the most sickening scenario that I have ever heard or read about with regards to a crime about a parent killing his/her own kids. But Bella's grandparents..both sets....how do they assimilate this terrible understanding of what Bella, who seems to have been somewhat aware, endured that night..the confusion..the terror...and all the hands of her trusted Daddy. How can that have been presented to the GP's? I know that they have right to know but....I can't begin to imagine how they needed to be given this information. As for as Shann'aan family, maybe had they known all of the details, earlier in the investigation, of what those girls went through at CW's hands, especially what it seems Bella in particular experienced that night, then maybe they would have revisited the deep place in their heart where they found the strength and love to spare him the DP. I will put a whole heck of a lot more weight on the insights into human psychopathic nature from some of the members of the WS community next time.

Bravo. You have so eloquently summed up how I feel. Thank you.

I honestly didn't think I could feel worse about this case, even if I knew the supposed finer details. Turns out I was so wrong. I have felt sick all day. Oh Bella, my heart breaks. Shanann's family and friends, my heart breaks. It's just awful and I am sickened to think CW might be getting off on drip feeding this .

So....he was at the house with SW's friend Nickole and with LE that afternoon saying, "Gee, I don't know where she is or why she isn't answering her phone," when he had, that morning, called the school to dis-enroll the girls.

And he didn't think anyone would find that out?

What were his plans to explain their disappearance? That hasn't been answered.

jmo
Yep. And he said Bella was supposed to start school in a week and was on a playdate the day she was scheduled to start. In addition to being a psychopath he’s also quite the idiot.

Last edited:
Bravo. You have so eloquently summed up how I feel. Thank you.

I honestly didn't think I could feel worse about this case, even if I knew the supposed finer details. Turns out I was so wrong. I have felt sick all day. Oh Bella, my heart breaks. Shanann's family and friends, my heart breaks. It's just awful and I am sickened to think CW might be getting off on drip feeding this ****.
I don’t think he’s getting off on this.

He killed his family because they were in the way, and not for the pleasure out of doing so.

A serial killer for instance, would enjoy reliving his crime. He would also enjoy the notoriety.

The psychology is different here.

He likely wants to be seen as doing the right thing.

He’s not trying to cause pain, although that’s exactly the byproduct he will produce.

Yep. And he said Bella was supposed to start school in a week and was on a playdate the day she was scheduled to start. In addition to being a psychopath he’s also quite the idiot.

Was Bella supposed to start kindergarten the Monday they were missing? I remember him saying Bella was supposed to start school the next week.

Was her kindergarten going to be at the Primrose school or at a different school?

Thanks, I'm a little confused about the school thing, but there's no confusion in my mind about him being a psychopath and an idiot.

Was Bella supposed to start kindergarten the Monday they were missing? I remember him saying Bella was supposed to start school the next week.

Was her kindergarten going to be at the Primrose school or at a different school?

Thanks, I'm a little confused about the school thing, but there's no confusion in my mind about him being a psychopath and an idiot.

He said she was supposed to start Kindergarten “next Monday”.

I know he did, but was she actually supposed to start kindergarten the Monday they were missing? That's what I'm confused about.

No I don’t think so, I think she was just going to daycare (at Primrose) that day, while the Kindergarten classes began the following Monday.

That was my understanding anyway, I could be wrong

Yes, they were supposed to start the day they went missing, at Primrose.

And yes, he did say they were supposed to start the next week, but that was a lie.

Haha, yes there are so many confusing things in this case, but CW being a psychopath and an idiot is definitely not one of them!

No I don’t think so, I think she was just going to daycare (at Primrose) that day, while the Kindergarten classes began the following Monday.

That was my understanding anyway, I could be wrong

Just when I think I understand the school thing, I find I'm confused again. I just don't like to be confused and it's not anyone else's problem but mine - lol.

I was thinking about this a lot last night. I always thought the girls were in the way so he disposed of them. But now I think he enjoyed killing Bella, and here’s why:
Bella was the older one, the most aware of her world, and by all accounts very smart for her age. She was also likely scared after seeing that something was really wrong with her mama and her dad was acting weird. She knew something was up.
So, we did he let her witness seeing her sister killed? He LET her sit with that terror. He LET her watch. She saw her mom dumped, her sister murdered, and she KNEW it. He could have killed her first before dumping Shannan and killing and dumping CeeCee, but no, he MADE her watch.
And then he googled lyrics about power over those who cower under you.
This sick *advertiser censored** enjoyed scaring her. He did it on purpose.

From above:
“This sick *advertiser censored** enjoyed scaring her. He did it on purpose.”

This automatically reminded me of the doll pic.

Maybe he was trying to scare them. Maybe he thought it was funny.

Hi Margarita...... i'm a fellow local:) And don't worry......we've all been emotional and it's totally understandable !

(Thank you, JEM1975. Yes I do remember you from some other local cases. It’s extra disturbing when it’s local. All the visual reminders, etc.

PS: I’m never going to the Lazy Dog. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate, let alone eat!)

—-

I don’t think he’s getting off on this.

He killed his family because they were in the way, and not for the pleasure out of doing so.

A serial killer for instance, would enjoy reliving his crime. He would also enjoy the notoriety.

The psychology is different here.

He likely wants to be seen as doing the right thing.

He’s not trying to cause pain, although that’s exactly the byproduct he will produce.

Mass Guy, jumping off your last sentence “He’s not trying to cause pain, although that’s exactly the byproduct he will produce.”, he would had to have known that the content of his revealings would add an excruciating amount of more pain on the family (if that was even possible). I know LE wanted to talk to him and he’s “found God” and all this stuff, but something bugs me about this. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say here.

Let me put it like this. Did he think that coming clean would be in the best interest of the Rs, was this a consideration that he thought they should know this truth? The Rs of course deserve to know the truth, but was the truth in their best interest?
I don’t know how to explain my thought right now. :(

Maybe he didn’t think about any of this one way or another. And just answered LE as directed. We will see today if he even mentions the Rs.

ETA: To any grandmas out there, I wonder if you’d rather not know. Maybe this will be addressed on DP Monday.

Last edited:
Christopher Watts Murder Case: What Drives a Man to Kill His Family? – Rolling Stone
March 6, 2109

[...]
In the larger context of family annihilation cases, Watts’s case is somewhat unique. For starters, there is no evidence that he tried to take his own life after killing his family, as most family annihilators do. “The person who does it feels like they’re sparing their family from eminent financial harm or ruin or embarrassment, so they kill their family and themselves,” Berrill says. In fact, mere hours after their disappearance was reported, Watts appeared on local TV to plead for their safe return, and his web history reveals that he was happily planning a relationship with his new girlfriend, Googling jewelry and secluded weekend getaways.

Websdale believes this behavior may have stemmed from Watts’ belief that he could get away with the murders. “I think the fact that he didn’t commit suicide…may speak to this aggressive, narcissistic kind of personality, which says that he thinks he may be able to get away with this,” he says. “It speaks to the fact that he’s very very much self-centered and [felt] entitled to do these things.”
[...]
While he hasn’t revealed his motive, judging by the prosecutor’s report that he had argued with Shannan about wanting a divorce shortly before the murders, it seems that he was simply driven by a desire to start a new relationship with another woman, without being burdened by his family. “He [likely wanted to] preserve his right to pursue a relationship he wanted to pursue, and ideally without being incarcerated,” Berrill says. bbm

Was that story from the woman who said she met CW, via Craigslist, debunked? I was never sure what to believe but that she claimed he choked her during sex always made me wonder if he did that to Shanann.
I thought Shanann said it was thru Facebook.

I thought Shanann said it was thru Facebook.

I believe the OP is referring to one of CW's alleged affair partners that said she met CW on craigslist.
You are correct that SW met CW after Facebook friend referral.

Was that story from the woman who said she met CW, via Craigslist, debunked? I was never sure what to believe but that she claimed he choked her during sex always made me wonder if he did that to Shanann.

You mean AM? That was Tinder allegedly.

I do not recall the answer.

Dillon Thomas‏Verified account @DillonMThomas
Dillon Thomas Retweeted **************

CBI told me they will send them my way Thursday. We will be airing it then as well....(pending the server crashing, like last time. Hopefully that won't be the case)

Dillon Thomas added,

************@**********
@DillonMThomas when do you think the document for the interview will be released?
5:09 PM - 5 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member