GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Longo has said the same things in his interviews. He's even TRIED to make himself upset over his children's murders and says that he can't. There is something missing in these men. Not just empathy or sympathy, but something else.

Yes. It's confounding. I mean the word "insane" does come to mind. So defective. Inexplicable.

I just finished reading Watts Interview 02.18.19_Redacted(2) | Special Agent | Plea
and my heart hurts. I'm impressed (?) that most of the sleuthing/guessing about the events was close to accurate but never would have imagined the details he shared about the girls. IMHO (don't stone me) he does feel genuine guilt and I'm just not sure how to feel about that. His actions are inexcusable and horrific so how do I hate the man who really regrets what he did and wishes he could turn back time? I guess I'm just thankful I haven't experienced blind rage and that he told the truth? Such mixed emotions.

IMO
I just read a news report on the confession and he said he strangled one of the girls. That is contrary to the autopsy report that said he suffocated both girls.

Seemed like there was a tiny bit retracted at the end. I thought it was over, but then it started back up again.

Ah - I still have about an hour left.

I think he did say Steven Avery's name (at least I'm 90% sure that's the redaction) when they're talking about the letters and finding love in prison, but that was redacted from the report and he doesn't actually say the name so I think that might have been cut.

CW told of a story where he was such a good liar back in grade school that he claims to have convinced his teacher he had spent his summer vacation in China. :rolleyes:

I feel like almost every question/topic we were wondering about in this case was asked about or addressed. Whether or not he answered honestly or not, the right questions were asked.

Yes! I noted that. VERY interesting.

And yet when we saw him on that porch, in the videos of the first LE on the scene, and being interrogated, he wasn't a good liar.

Maybe it comes down to context. Those who think he's a good boy and good guy would believe whatever he said.

Attachments

• Watts Interview 02.18.19_Redacted (1).pdf
    398.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm interested in what Ma and Pa Watts say, IF they give a statement which I doubt. He definitely was on a rampage when he did this.

I'm interested to. But what he described was no rampage. And we all saw him walk calmly back and forth to his truck. And then calmly drive away, which he claimed was minutes after he killed her. No way in hell was he in a rage.

My take is killing Shanann was easier for him than admitting the affair which fits with his concern for his image.

Yes. That makes sense.

One thing I want to point out that I was very wrong about - because I believe him completely on this point- NK said he had told her he was at the end of a divorce. That was a total lie. So he had no panic and need to kill SW about that at all.

Maybe it's just my brain not letting me "go there" but I don't think killing the children was in his original plan. They had to go because they saw what happened to mommy. Maybe killing mommy was planned all along, but I don't think killing the girls was. But even so, their murder was way worse than I thought :(.

I think that no matter what, he had to kill the girls. If he killed their mom, the only way to stage that scene would be to pretend she got mad and walked away from the house. But would anyone believe a pregnant woman with 2 toddlers, who she adored and doted on, would run off, alone?

I think he knew he had to get rid of all 3 of them if his stupid plan was going to be believable. JMO

They asked CW about this. It was a charge for Monat hair products, which is another MLM/direct sales company for hair care. CW sounded genuinely like he had no idea. He thought it sounded like an auto ship. Or that NUA is into things like that and maybe it was something SW had ordered through her, etc. It didn't seem like the actual purchase was made at that time of night. Likely just the charge going through.
It’s also possible that while SW was in AZ and found out that CW had used the credit card, that she called and had the card “temporarily” put on hold for any further charges until she got home...not realizing an auto pay may have been scheduled! JMO

Yes. That makes sense.

One thing I want to point out that I was very wrong about - because I believe him completely on this point- NK said he had told her he was at the end of a divorce. That was a total lie. So he had no panic and need to kill SW about that at all.

Yes! His exposure of her lies is very interesting.

"I don't want to think I am a cold hearted person" - "I just don't show emotion like other people do" - "I've never known why"

I think he means feel emotion like other people do.
His phrasing reveals his view of emotion in general - something for show, something you demonstrate, something displayed for its utility toward a goal ... classic narcissist/sociopath.

Last edited:
My take is killing Shanann was easier for him than admitting the affair which fits with his concern for his image.

I agree with this.

And this triggers memories which gives me clear personal perspective on this: how someone can sit there and lie to you til they’re blue in the face that they are not having an affair when you knoooooooow they are!! I know this breed unfortunately..ughhhh...

He still isn’t taking responsibility. “It wasn’t me” “something made me do it” “I couldn’t stop” “I was angry at Shannan”. Not one ounce of owning this. And: WTF WAS HE ANGRY ABOUT?!? Shannan pretty much cried and was devastated? She had emotions when he said he didn’t love her?
Oh, and, he didn’t kill himself too because he didn’t want to hurt more people other than himself. Oh, OK. Let’s just ignore the four people YOU JUST MURDERED.

And that photo. He’s not at all sad. He’s enjoying the attention.

I wonder how NK feels knowing SHE wasn’t enough to keep CW from cheating on her. I hope she really, really feels it.

Yes!! I fails to describe anything that poor Shanann did that could remotely inspire rage? He wasn't angry at all. He was pumped. He's describing adrenaline. Excitement. Predation. The feeling a puma has when it jumps on and chokes to death its prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd