GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a news report on the confession and he said he strangled one of the girls. That is contrary to the autopsy report that said he suffocated both girls.
I read that he put the blanket over their head with his other hand on their throat so is that technically both?

It's just horrific either way. Those poor babies.

Also, he said he didn't want to hurt others by killing himself (taking the gas to the oil tanks b/c they didn't own a gun) meaning he didn't want the whole place to blow up and fire to spread. At least that is how I read it but who knows truth from fiction at this point. I do think he is remorseful but the reason why he's remorseful is questionable and nobody but him knows the answer to that. IMHO

This headline says transcript, but there isn't one - it's the PDF file, instead.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Transcript and audio of Chris Watts confession released to the public
Watts was moved out of state for his own protection. This is mentioned in the interview as Watts says he enjoys being in a facility outside of Weld County where the other inmates all know who he is, and would shout suggestions about how he should commit suicide in his cell.

Investigators noted Watts has photos of Shanann and their daughters in his cell which he claims to talk to every morning and evening, along with reading a book to his daughters.

[...]

The investigators then listened to Watts talk about his possible reasoning for the murders, his separation from his parents and sister, and that he had not thought out what to do afterward. This conversation included the couple’s financial troubles which Watts said his wife always controlled in their relationship.

You may recall Watts spoke to the media as police were searching for his wife and daughter. He pleaded for their return home. Watts said he only allowed the interview as he believed local media would not stop knocking on his door, adding he does not remember what he told reporters.

According to investigators, he planted items across the home to make it appear as if she had abandoned the marriage and left the house. Watts even told his mistress Shanann had left with the kids, to which she told him to delete anything about her from his phone and not to contact her “until this is done.”

Later, he spun a story about how his wife had killed the children. Watts claims that idea came to him when suggested during an interrogation, so he “just went with it.”

(That can also be stashed with the laptop under the sink in case you have guests during a press conference, right? :))
Shush! :p

I may have missed it, but didn't hear any true repentance in his words.

You can't find God, until you humble yourself completely and TRULY repent your evil actions.

I'd LIKE to think he found God, but doubt it.
Narcissists have a hole where their souls should be. He didn’t find God; at best, he is having a self-pity party and reaching to concepts that he has learned have significant emotional impact on other people.

At the end of the day, he is just plain evil. That's all...EVIL!

I agree. I'm even more convinced he's a psychopath. I'm at the part right now where he is talking about straddling Shanann. He can't explain "why" he straddled her, and then in another breathe he admits that when he got up that morning, he knew it was going to happen. Sure he knew - his planned this out in advance and he knew exactly how to restrain her so she couldn't fight back.

Then he starts reciting scripture. IMO, he would really love to be viewed as a sympathetic character. As if forces bigger than him were in charge.

As for NK, yeah, of course she knew he was married from the get-go. He was at NK's house every night when Shanann and the girls were in NC and he was taking Shanann's calls from NC at NK's house. NK was not in the dark as she would like people to believe.

They are like two peas in a pod, IMO.

Killer Dad Chris Watts had sex with pregnant wife Shanann Watts as a ‘TEST’ before he strangled her to death
New documents detailing an interview confessed killer Chris Watts gave investigators at the Wisconsin prison in February reveal that he had sex with his wife Shanann Watts on the same morning that he murdered her and later killed their two daughters, Bella and Celeste Watts.

The Denver Post obtained a transcript of the interview between Watts and investigators from multiple agencies, in which he revealed that he had sex with Shanann on the morning of August 13, just after she returned to their Frederick, Colorado, home following a business trip in Arizona. Hours later, he would strangle her to death and drive her body, with his daughters still alive in the car, to an oil property 45 minutes away, where he buried Shanann before smothering the girls to death and stuffing their bodies in oil tanks.

Watts told investigators that he and Shanann had intercourse in their bed at around 2:30 a.m. the morning of the murders. He indicated that Shanann initiated the sex, and reportedly said that he felt at the time that Shanann knew he was having an affair. According to the transcript, Watts said that the intercourse was “more of a ‘test'” and that he felt “strange” having sex with his wife. He indicated that the sex was a “trigger point,” presumably to the violence he would later commit, “like you hit the push button on a bomb and it just blows up.”

I agree. I'm even more convinced he's a psychopath. I'm at the part right now where he is talking about straddling Shanann. He can't explain "why" he straddled her, and then in another breathe he admits that when he got up that morning, he knew it was going to happen. Sure he knew - his planned this out in advance and he knew exactly how to restrain her so she couldn't fight back.

Then he starts reciting scripture. IMO, he would really love to be viewed as a sympathetic character. As if forces bigger than him were in charge.

As for NK, yeah, of course she knew he was married from the get-go. He was at NK's house every night when Shanann and the girls were in NC and he was taking Shanann's calls from NC at NK's house. NK was not in the dark as she would like people to believe.

They are like two peas in a pod, IMO.

From above:

“They are like two peas in a pod, IMO.”

They really are! They are absolutely perfect for each other, a match made in, you guessed it, hell! This hit me so strongly again when DP showed a snippet of her interview. I was (like), not everybody in Colorado talks like that! I sure don’t (except for that one “like” I just said above), LoL.

Seriously though.

Yes!! I fails to describe anything that poor Shanann did that could remotely inspire rage? He wasn't angry at all. He was pumped. He's describing adrenaline. Excitement. Predation. The feeling a puma has when it jumps on and chokes to death its prey.
@gitana1 I always appreciate your posts. You really have a wonderful ability to articulate what is going on. I am an emotional wreck over this and I didn't even know the girls or Sha'Ann. I also have all these violent thoughts towards CW and I am not violent. I think I have more emotions for the family than CW EVER will.

Call me crazy - but CW said it was odd SW was sleeping on her stomach when he went to wake her up. Later, he says when Bella came in that SW was face down on the bed. I could be totally off base, but I think he never woke her up and strangled her into the bed - pushing her face down causing the make up marks. I think he planned on then murdering the girls in their sleep but Bella was up. Pressed for time and not yet ready to do it with them conscious, I believe he took them alive to the site, which is why he covered each with the blanket and put his hand over their face - so he wouldn't have to see them dying. I don't believe he saw any of them in the face when they died and it was fully pre-planned. MOO.

Chris Watts says he keeps pictures of pregnant wife, daughters he killed in prison cell

[...]

"I never knew I could have a relationship with God like I do now," he told investigators. "It's like the amazing grace with all of this, but I just wish nobody had to pay any kind of price for this ... I know there is a purpose for everybody, I just hope I can find mine."

Watts proceeded to detail the murders and recalled on the day of the slayings he and his pregnant wife had sex before falling back asleep. He then woke up, made breakfast and went back upstairs to tell Shannan Watts he no longer loved her. At the time, Watts was having an affair with Nichol Kessinger, who she met at his work.

[...]

Watts said he placed his arms around his pregnant wife and strangled her as he sat on top of her.

"I wish I could've just let go....but I just couldn't let go...like someone was just holding you, keeping you from letting go," he told investigators of the moment.

“I was getting the sheet off the bed, and [Bella] walked in. She had her little pink blanket with her. She was like, ‘What is wrong with Mommy?’” Watts said. “I said, ‘She doesn’t feel good.’ And, that is when I started to carry her downstairs. I attempted to pick her up, but lost grip. I just had to pull.”

[...]

Jeepers. This is a hard listen. I haven't read everyone's posts yet so this may have been posted but anyone else finding his talk on Bella and Cece in the weeks before disturbing.

He's talking about how they couldn't have cake at the birthday party (eg the Sunday) and how they needed to learn they can't always have what other children have (regarding allergies)

His talk is sending daggers through my heart. Clearly they aren't like other children as less than 24 hours later he's cold bloodingly psychologically tortured and killed them.

If anyone questioned whether this man is a narcasstic before this tape was released they surely can't now. He's full blown right from the word go. Love how the agents know that and can manipulate him by playing in to his ego and desire to be a good boy.

The rest of what I want to say would get me banned from this site so will hold back.

I am kind of confused. It's been said that Bella had the temperament of Chris and was a lot like him. She even looks like him.

So, I thought that he might have been more hesitant to take her life. Do we know for certain that Cece was awake? I haven't gotten that far into the audiotapes.

I know that others won't agree with me; however, from what I have listened to thus far, it sounds like Chris is crying and remorseful. I bet that he just wishes he could turn back the hands of time.

Of course, my opinion could change once I listen to all of the interview.

Well I think he's certainly sorry he's in prison for life.

This makes me angry. NK isn't the poor victim here... Although this can't be apologized in any way, the first thoughts he should have, should be going towards Shannan's family and to her close friends. Those are the people who suffer the most and will be affected by his crime for the rest of their lives.

He killed his whole family for that horrible woman so I guess it's not surprising that she's the only one he cares about.

Call me crazy - but CW said it was odd SW was sleeping on her stomach when he went to wake her up. Later, he says when Bella came in that SW was face down on the bed. I could be totally off base, but I think he never woke her up and strangled her into the bed - pushing her face down causing the make up marks. I think he planned on then murdering the girls in their sleep but Bella was up. Pressed for time and not yet ready to do it with them conscious, I believe he took them alive to the site, which is why he covered each with the blanket and put his hand over their face - so he wouldn't have to see them dying. I don't believe he saw any of them in the face when they died and it was fully pre-planned. MOO.

I think you are so right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member