GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not think he is haunted. I don't think he has the capacity for empathy. He is definitely sorry he was caught. He will miss parts of being a dad and husband - but not like we would. Being haunted by his actions are not in the cards for him in my opinion. It is not in his capacity. He never even said he misses them. He never sounds crushed. He never talks about the lives they could have had. He is just ashamed he is seen for doing something bad. He cares about how others perceive him and tries to fit what would make them see him in a better light. Always has. MOO

ETA: His old family to me is like dolls he used to play with everyday. They are gone from his life but they never had a life of their own to empathize with, cherish, mourn for, value.

Your edit describes it perfectly. This only happened in AUGUST! He really doesn't reflect AT ALL on what SW's family (and his own, honestly) are going to miss out on. That they weren't there for Christmas, that Nico would have been born now (he does briefly mention this, but really briefly). These were people that didn't exist unless he was in the same room as them.

Call me crazy - but CW said it was odd SW was sleeping on her stomach when he went to wake her up. Later, he says when Bella came in that SW was face down on the bed. I could be totally off base, but I think he never woke her up and strangled her into the bed - pushing her face down causing the make up marks. I think he planned on then murdering the girls in their sleep but Bella was up. Pressed for time and not yet ready to do it with them conscious, I believe he took them alive to the site, which is why he covered each with the blanket and put his hand over their face - so he wouldn't have to see them dying. I don't believe he saw any of them in the face when they died and it was fully pre-planned. MOO.

I agree... Who sits on top of someone to have a conversation of that type.. He describes that she didn't say anything or fight and I don't think she could...!!

Jeepers. This is a hard listen. I haven't read everyone's posts yet so this may have been posted but anyone else finding his talk on Bella and Cece in the weeks before disturbing.

He's talking about how they couldn't have cake at the birthday party (eg the Sunday) and how they needed to learn they can't always have what other children have (regarding allergies)

His talk is sending daggers through my heart. Clearly they aren't like other children as less than 24 hours later he's cold bloodingly psychologically tortured and killed them.

If anyone questioned whether this man is a narcasstic before this tape was released they surely can't now. He's full blown right from the word go. Love how the agents know that and can manipulate him by playing in to his ego and desire to be a good boy.

The rest of what I want to say would get me banned from this site so will hold back.

The thing about the cake and learning they can't always have what other children have is eerily similar to what his mom said about nutgate. Sounds like he took his mom's side on that one. Perhaps his kid's food allergies and other normal childhood illnesses were also justification in his sick mind for killing the girls. I think his parent's never fully accepted his kids as their grandchildren, his mistress said she didn't want to raise someone else's kids and if he hadn't already decided to murder them by the time of that birthday party-- seeing how much extra work his food allergic children were to take care of on his own could have sealed the deal for selfish CW.
:mad:

MOO.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years ... They would've done anything I told them to do," he said. A few weeks after his arrest, Watts said he confessed to his attorneys that he killed his family. Watts told investigators he doesn't regret taking a plea deal, but had not thought he would be in prison for the rest of his life.
Wait a minute...Is he saying that his attorneys would have lied for him? Because I am pretty sure that is illegal and can get one disbarred.
Yep. I wonder whether he knew that or not and if the public defender's will have something to say about it? I know their policy is that they don't talk about cases...
MOO

Yup, spoken like a true manipulator.

CW's public defenders were initially defending CW based on his jailhouse confession that SW strangled the girls, and he strangled SW (allegedly a lie).

CW says he did not share his latest version of the truth told as told us today with his lawyers for 3 weeks. If his lawyers went to trial employing the initial defense that SW killed the children, the only one that would know his attorney's are lying would be CW. Unless his attorney had credible evidence that disputed CW's initial account, and where it was obvious CW's confession untrue, there's no ethical violation on the part of his defense team.

What we should take from CW's statement is that he is arrogant, and feels both empowered and entitled to manipulate the team hired to defend him. This is just like CW boasting how his 3rd grade teacher believed that CW went to China for the summer simply because he told her that he did! MOO

Call me crazy - but CW said it was odd SW was sleeping on her stomach when he went to wake her up. Later, he says when Bella came in that SW was face down on the bed. I could be totally off base, but I think he never woke her up and strangled her into the bed - pushing her face down causing the make up marks. I think he planned on then murdering the girls in their sleep but Bella was up. Pressed for time and not yet ready to do it with them conscious, I believe he took them alive to the site, which is why he covered each with the blanket and put his hand over their face - so he wouldn't have to see them dying. I don't believe he saw any of them in the face when they died and it was fully pre-planned. MOO.

If you are crazy then save me a seat, bc I think thats exactly what happened!

I have to agree with that. I wonder if his real hope was that he could keep his beautiful family AND his kinky little side piece going for as long as possible and when he began to become paranoid that it was all crashing down, that's when his narcissistic rage kicked in and he committed the monstrous acts he had been planning but not quite ready to go through with. Then--violent rage at Shanann for finding out about his floozy and not letting him have his cake and eat it too like he felt entitled to.

I agree... Who sits on top of someone to have a conversation of that type.. He describes that she didn't say anything or fight and I don't think she could...!!
This is very strange to me. I remember being pregnant and you become aware of protecting your body. You are taught to sleep on your side to prevent complications. Something about sleeping on your back can disrupt blood flow. And it goes without saying you don't sleep on your stomach. I call BS on him claiming she was sleeping face down at one point. It's practically physically impossible at her stage in pregnancy. Doctors sometimes even advise you on safe sex positions during pregnancy. If he claims missionary, I am very very suspicious he is lying. A common position recommended during pregnancy is laying on your side with your partner behind you. Many positions are hazardous to do during pregnancy. I definitely don't think he is being truthful about the events before he strangled her.

I think you are right .

Yes, and IIRC, her autopsy had bruising on only one side of her neck and her hyoid bone was not fractured which would also make sense with your scenario.
Exactly! CW's sees his latest version as brilliant, in that he presents SW's murder as if she allowed him to kill her. She just laid back and accepted it. Monster....

He went to and from the house to the truck 3 times. If the girls were alive he could take them both on one trip and then he would have made 2 trips. I haven't watched the entire video just snippets but I don't buy this new version.
He's blaming her again. He strangled her because she told him he would never see the children. I don't believe if there was an argument that she would have ever said that
He had this planned. He called his coworker on a Saturday to volunteer to work at the oil site so he could be alone to dispose their bodies.
IMO. there was no argument. He wanted the least drama and resistance as possible. He probably kissed her and told her everything she wanted to hear when she came home and exhausted she probably went peacefully to sleep and then he attacked her. I think he killed both girls in their beds.
It probably gives him some recognition and ego boost to be of so much interest to the media and cover up that he planned it. JMO[/QUOTE
Maybe it's just my brain not letting me "go there" but I don't think killing the children was in his original plan. They had to go because they saw what happened to mommy. Maybe killing mommy was planned all along, but I don't think killing the girls was. But even so, their murder was way worse than I thought :(.

Honestly, I think that's what he WANTS everyone to think. Not that he was a premeditated child killer, but that his hand was forced because they witnessed the murder and had to be silenced. I think they were already dead when S got home that night. The three trips was because there were three bodies.

I personally do not think he is haunted. I don't think he has the capacity for empathy. He is definitely sorry he was caught. He will miss parts of being a dad and husband - but not like we would. Being haunted by his actions are not in the cards for him in my opinion. It is not in his capacity. He never even said he misses them. He never sounds crushed. He never talks about the lives they could have had. He is just ashamed he is seen for doing something bad. He cares about how others perceive him and tries to fit what would make them see him in a better light. Always has. MOO

ETA: His old family to me is like dolls he used to play with everyday. They are gone from his life and he might miss them in that sense - but they never had a life of their own to empathize with, cherish, mourn for, value.

That's one thing I found interesting. Even when he said that he regrets what happened and said he could have been living a good life with a wonderful wife and two daughters with their current ages and also a one month old baby boy. It was all about 'him'.

When he talks about what he did with the girls, it's like he's ashamed of it because he knows it makes him a monster, not because of how they must have been feeling.

I think this has to be indicative that there was always something missing in his psyche -- true empathy and being able to put oneself into another person's emotional shoes and really feel their pain.

But as they said in the interview, it didn't manifest in cruelty to animals or other children when he was a child. Up until the point of the affair with NK he seems to have managed to hide that aspect of himself. That doesn't mean that aspect wasn't there, it just hadn't received the trigger it needed to come out before that point. People have been saying they think CW's mother could be partly what made him this way...I think she might be what stopped him showing this for so many years by being a strong character and *telling* him how to behave, by telling him what is right and what is wrong and that that might have helped him to assimilate to have a relatively 'normal' life up until the point of the affair.

I don't see why he had to ask Chris if he should tell NK that he loved her. Did I get this right?
I didn’t hear that..... they did mention something about telling NK something (I thought it was that he was sorry to have involved her) but I never heard love. Not that I agree that they should relay anything to NK.

What I noticed is that when he lies, he whispers sometimes. Or chokes out the words. So he can barely say it: "I didn't....kill ...them." Pauses and the word "kill" was half swallowed and very soft.

Same when he talks to his father.
"She...smother..." "It was just...rage."

He also has this gaspy, pleading tone and sometimes fake cries.

I will be listenting closely.
Yup, this was his "tell." Very good catch.
A sort of "breathless" exasperation of the words. I remember I saw this in so many instances of lies during the interrogation, but I didn't take notes on when they occurred or what the examples were.

We saw the reappearance of this speech pattern many times today. Unfortunately, there are many things he lied about, and a lot of it has to do with the murderous acts, the moments leading up to them, his motivations for various things that morning including the murders.

I agree with this.

And this triggers memories which gives me clear personal perspective on this: how someone can sit there and lie to you til they’re blue in the face that they are not having an affair when you knoooooooow they are!! I know this breed unfortunately..ughhhh...

Oh, you are SPOT ON! And don’t forget the gaslighting. Narcissists are expert at gaslight tactics. If I had a dollar for every time I caught my exhusband in an affair, only to end up thinking I was mistaken and apologizing to him...I’d own a private jet! Ugh!
I bet CW could gaslight with the best of them. Gross.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members