GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... "A family man doesn't do what I did" so why did you..?!?!

I can't buy something came over me defence and now I know it's wrong...

I feel so much for her family having all this out there... I know we want to know but this in some ways makes it worse.. Hearing him say being a dad was best time of my life... It's all so conflicting emotionally

It is all about him...

I didn’t hear that..... they did mention something about telling NK something (I thought it was that he was sorry to have involved her) but I never heard love. Not that I agree that they should relay anything to NK.
Maybe it was that he was sorry. So I will edit that. This is really horrible. He did say that his atty had called NK earlier and she would not answer.

Last edited:
It appears my very low opinion of NK just got much lower. NK's behavior placed her directly under the bus, and CW just drove over her a few times.

Why would CW do that do you think?

Did he really need to shift into high gear and leave tread marks?

NK, the seasoned vixen, targeted poor helpless/hapless CW and put a spell on him.

Its strange. What you think is magnificent, I say is uncalled for. It makes me sick to my stomach. What is in a person to want to hear him laugh? We already know this guy is sick. He is already locked up. He murdered four people!

I think you're letting emotion get away with you a bit. It's a horrible case.

And did you catch the part that proved imo that she did not think he was close to divorce??? She is a piece of work.

Yes!!!! She's evil.

Gosh, poor Shanann and her kids. Just surrounded by this trifecta of evil - his hateful and enmeshed family, crazy, sociopathic NK and insane CW. They didn't stand a chance.

Now we know why the colour drained from his face and he raised his hands ready to be arrested on the spot when the neighbour started playing his CCTV footage. He thought it had caught the girls alive in his truck.

He’s beyond evil and every excuse he’s given has been proved wrong so he’s ‘turned to god’ sickening. Like that makes everything good now.

I absolutely disagree. The victims' families and society are vested in the truth and understanding how a monster is created and how he did what he did, LE is vested in helping that happen, providing some answers to the victims' loved ones, silencing his disgusting apologists and importantly, learning from him so that they can be even better the next time.

The fact that anyone believes they were sympathetic and had no reason to be there except gratuitously giving him some sort of platform for no reason, is to me really about whether one has the ability to divorce intense emotion from circumstance and for some it's about just not being a professional who has to work in such situations, so it's hard to understand what they have to do and their ability to do it.

Clearly many people couldn't do that job. But these folks can. And they're so good that some are as fooled as CW was, into thinking that they actually felt an affinity for him.

Nope. Not a chance in hell. If they were the type that could feel sympathy for a murderer like that they never would be in their job to begin with, they wouldn't be as good as they are and if they developed any kind of empathy for the bad guys they'd be immediately fired. That sort of attitude would be much too dangerous for an LE investigator to have. They would not be able to do their jobs effectively and would not be allowed to hold such a position.

They also would not be allowed to go down there for some nebulous reason that you've described. There is a whole team and superiors involved in those decisions. This was well planned in advance after they heard he was talking to the civil litigator, they had meetings with multiple professionals in which they discussed strategy and psychological approach. They crafted a well-designed plan and knew exactly how they would respond and react to certain things.

They're profilers and this was about profiling and justice. It's their profession.
Brilliant recap @gitana1 - thank you.

I became exhausted by only listening to the exchange, and can't imagine how draining this was for the respective professionals. Let's give credit where it's due: well done CBI/FBI/Frederick PD. MOO

According to CW: SR made good money from selling thrive, as much or more than he did.

put that on a facebook hate group tittle as well!

Well, except the part where he starts talking about not having to pay taxes on it... So, I'm not sure she did as well as she portrayed. I'm a rabid anti-MLM person so I can't let that fly by :) She was still a wonderful person who deserved nothing that she got.

I don't think Shannan froze (if it's true she didn't struggle at all). I think she was unable to fight him off at all. She had neck surgery only a year or so before being murdered. IMO it's possible that any compression of her neck may have totally incapacitated her and she may have passed out faster than the average person. And the average person passes out within seconds of being strangled. She never had a chance. MOO.

Yes, yes. I agree. She was simply pinned. But I mean if his story about being on top of her and having a conversation after she said, "You're hurting the bay", is true, and if indeed she didn't start screaming or yell for him to get off and instead listened to him, before he murdered her, if that part is true, I think she might have sort of instinctively not moved and stayed quiet, subconsciously at least realizing the sudden danger.

Chris Watts says he keeps pictures of pregnant wife, daughters he killed in prison cell

[...]

"I never knew I could have a relationship with God like I do now," he told investigators. "It's like the amazing grace with all of this, but I just wish nobody had to pay any kind of price for this ... I know there is a purpose for everybody, I just hope I can find mine."

Watts proceeded to detail the murders and recalled on the day of the slayings he and his pregnant wife had sex before falling back asleep. He then woke up, made breakfast and went back upstairs to tell Shannan Watts he no longer loved her. At the time, Watts was having an affair with Nichol Kessinger, who she met at his work.

[...]

Watts said he placed his arms around his pregnant wife and strangled her as he sat on top of her.

"I wish I could've just let go....but I just couldn't let go...like someone was just holding you, keeping you from letting go," he told investigators of the moment.

“I was getting the sheet off the bed, and [Bella] walked in. She had her little pink blanket with her. She was like, ‘What is wrong with Mommy?’” Watts said. “I said, ‘She doesn’t feel good.’ And, that is when I started to carry her downstairs. I attempted to pick her up, but lost grip. I just had to pull.”

[...]
its too bad he couldn't have found this relationship with God before he murdered his family

Well, except the part where he starts talking about not having to pay taxes on it... So, I'm not sure she did as well as she portrayed. I'm a rabid anti-MLM person so I can't let that fly by :) She was still a wonderful person who deserved nothing that she got.

DBM -no comment

Exactly. I imagine that days, if not weeks of planning went into this.

They rehearsed everything, and would have had FBI behavioral experts giving them tips, so they could get the most out of him.

They warmed him up, by asking questions about subjects that he would be happy to talk about.

Then they slowly moved forward.

This was very well executed.

Bingo. Precisely.

Sometimes I find myself thinking that maybe it’s just as simple as people like CW are just ticking time bombs for most of their lives.

It just simply depends on who is unlucky enough to be around them when they finally go boom!

Yeah and it makes you wonder how many others are out there, ready to reveal their true selves.

This is very strange to me. I remember being pregnant and you become aware of protecting your body. You are taught to sleep on your side to prevent complications. Something about sleeping on your back can disrupt blood flow. And it goes without saying you don't sleep on your stomach. I call BS on him claiming she was sleeping face down at one point. It's practically physically impossible at her stage in pregnancy. Doctors sometimes even advise you on safe sex positions during pregnancy. If he claims missionary, I am very very suspicious he is lying. A common position recommended during pregnancy is laying on your side with your partner behind you. Many positions are hazardous to do during pregnancy. I definitely don't think he is being truthful about the events before he strangled her.
Seemed to me that Investigator Tammy was not buying CW's account of sexual intercourse either. She reminds CW that SW was found in her grave wearing a bra (also t-shirt and panties), and when CW seems caught off guard here, Tammy asks CW if he dressed SW and he quickly says no-- and clearly wants to change the subject. Next..........

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member