GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 3:31 in the interview, he tells them that he looked up the lyrics to Metallica’s “Battery” because NK told him she liked the song and wanted to know what it meant.

That is odd.
Because he is lying. He's not going to admit to anything that points to him planning the murder or being in control of his actions. Imo

Despite my feeling about his family, I hope they have people around them to keep them from harming themselves. It doesn't get much worse than this.
Respectfully...somehow I don't think any of the recent developments are going to change much of the Watts family dynamics. They'll all just continue to play their parts and keep to the script IMHO.

Oh, you are SPOT ON! And don’t forget the gaslighting. Narcissists are expert at gaslight tactics. If I had a dollar for every time I caught my exhusband in an affair, only to end up thinking I was mistaken and apologizing to him...I’d own a private jet! Ugh!
I bet CW could gaslight with the best of them. Gross.jmo
Yup, CW is one, top of the class crazy-maker.

Chris Watts gives gruesome details about how he murdered his wife and 2 daughters in a newly released interview with investigators

[...]

While his guilty plea assumes guilt for all three murders, he had previously said that he only killed Shanann after she smothered their daughters.

He finally assumed responsibility for all three murders in an interview with investigators last month, from the federal prison where he's serving his three consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. INSIDER obtained transcripts and audio of the interview from the Colorado Bureau of Investigations on Thursday.

In the new interview, Watts gave a distressing blow-by-blow of the morning of the murders, and said he regrets the decision every day.

[...]

Watts said there's a part of him that feels like the idea of killing his wife was "implanted" in his mind and he "had no control over it."

During the trial, when a prosecutor said that it takes two to four minutes to strangle someone, Watts said he wondered, "Why couldn't I just let go?"

[...]

He said he then wrapped Shanann's body face down in a bed sheet and dragged her down the stairs to put in his truck.

[...]

When he came back inside the house, Celeste was waking up in her bedroom, so he took both girls and put them in the back of the truck on the bench seat. He said each brought a blanket, and Celeste brought a stuffed animal.

At that point, he said it felt like someone else had control over him.

He said he put a gas can into the back of the truck because he felt like he could kill himself at the oil site where he worked and planned to dispose of Shanann's body. Ultimately, he told investigators he decided not to go through with that plan because he feared he could hurt more people if something caught fire at the site and exploded.

[...]

He said he put a gas can into the back of the truck because he felt like he could kill himself at the oil site where he worked and planned to dispose of Shanann's body. Ultimately, he told investigators he decided not to go through with that plan because he feared he could hurt more people if something caught fire at the site and exploded.

Oh yeah, sure...the only reason he didnt kill himself was because he was thinking about the safety of others....ya right...

I truly believe CW biggest regret is he didn't do things differently I don't feel he regrets killing his family JMO

He might a little bit. Not because of love. But because what he had was so much better than his life now. Beautiful little kids who adored him. Nice food prepared by a wife who took care of everything for him. Respect and admiration of those who thought he was a good dad. In retrospect he must realize a bit of what he gave up for some creepy woman and freedom. Liking that freedom now, big guy?

She seems downright sociopathic. Listen to her interviews and she's totally in control. But she is a smooth liar. And totally targeted a married family man in an effort to try to prove that she can turn him from his family and get him to leave them because she so special.

That's one sick and dangerous person, IMO.
I hate her. I really do. And I hope she has a miserable rotten life.

This is very strange to me. I remember being pregnant and you become aware of protecting your body. You are taught to sleep on your side to prevent complications. Something about sleeping on your back can disrupt blood flow. And it goes without saying you don't sleep on your stomach. I call BS on him claiming she was sleeping face down at one point. It's practically physically impossible at her stage in pregnancy. Doctors sometimes even advise you on safe sex positions during pregnancy. If he claims missionary, I am very very suspicious he is lying. A common position recommended during pregnancy is laying on your side with your partner behind you. Many positions are hazardous to do during pregnancy. I definitely don't think he is being truthful about the events before he strangled her.

Every woman and every doctor are going to be different about this. My doctor absolutely never discussed "safe sex" positions with me while I was pregnant. I am a voracious stomach sleeper and slept on my stomach until it was physically impossible around 25 weeks or so. It was awful for me when I was no longer able to sleep on my stomach, so this timeline is still very vivid for me.

I actually buy the sex story. There were LOTS of texts about CW not wanting to have sex with SW while they were in NC. I can absolutely see SW trying to initiate sex as a way to "test" the waters when she got back. I also don't think her having her bra and underwear on necessarily means they didn't have sex or that those items couldn't have briefly come off or even stayed on while it happened.

Oh yeah, sure...the only reason he didnt kill himself was because he was thinking about the safety of others....ya right...
I will listen again, but my take away is that Tammy suggested that to him and he ran with it. Didn't she say something like, what about the gas can, did you have other plans? That was very weak, it sounded like he was spinning a little tale to please her, to pretend he had thought about suicide.

If you want to feel even more sorry for Tammy and the others there, they and other psychologists and criminologists will have to listen to that tape dozens of times to get as much from it as they possibly can. Word analysis, voice analysis, going over it again and again with a fine tooth comb to squeeze out anything and everything that could be of value in getting murderers locked up in future.

I will listen again, but my take away is that Tammy suggested that to him and he ran with it. Didn't she say something like, what about the gas can, did you have other plans? That was very weak, it sounded like he was spinning a little tale to please her.

Yes! I don't think he had any intention of killing himself. Ever.

You mean AM? That was Tinder allegedly.

I do not recall the answer.

Yes, Tinder and yeah, that lady. She seemed pretty convincing to me, in spite her saying she'd had a head injury and difficulty with memory. That she said he choked her and then he went on to do that to Shanann lent a lot of credibility to her story. She also described him as sexually aggressive and Shanann had said how he wanted it all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong