CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to pick everyone's brain on something. I apologize for the sensitive nature of my question.

In regard to Micah's case, I had kept in the back of my mind that it's entirely possible that someone simply robbed and killed him, considering where he was last seen. That's definitely not unheard of in that area.

Of course, his arm turning up in the river changed things completely. What I'm now wondering is whether it was placed in the river to send a message, or if it was just a poor attempt to dispose of evidence. If I was trying to hide evidence so that it would never be found, I certainly wouldn't preserve it in a duffel bag. Since there have not yet been more remains found, at this point I'm wondering if he wasn't completely dismembered, but they instead severed and used the one body part to reveal to the world that he is dead - and to send a more specific message to someone else, such as a threat.

There may be info I'm missing that debunks this theory, so I'm asking for clarification.
Until the public knows what else was in the bag with his arm, your theory is entirely possible. Finding an arm alone doesn’t necessarily=dead. LE must have felt like the things with the bag lead them to believe he was murdered. I look at a very particular instance with MH. His arrest in July of 2017. 8 months later, almost to the day, he disappears. His charges are very particular to the type of violence this case has presented. (Payback is the first thing that comes to my mind) I’m sure LE has exhausted all avenues relating to who the “victim” was on the night of MH arrest. I’d hope so anyway.

My understanding is there were rocks in the duffle bag, making me think it was an attempt to conceal. Also he had easily identifiable tattoos on both arms- I’ve always thought that is why he was dismembered

Okay, I thought I had heard that about the rocks. I do wonder if it was in an effort to get it to at least travel downstream from where they put it in. Do you know if they left the tattoo/tattoos intact or if that info has been shared? If they did, then I'd feel even more strongly about their sending a message.

Until the public knows what else was in the bag with his arm, your theory is entirely possible. Finding an arm alone doesn’t necessarily=dead. LE must have felt like the things with the bag lead them to believe he was murdered. I look at a very particular instance with MH. His arrest in July of 2017. 8 months later, almost to the day, he disappears. His charges are very particular to the type of violence this case has presented. (Payback is the first thing that comes to my mind) I’m sure LE has exhausted all avenues relating to who the “victim” was on the night of MH arrest. I’d hope so anyway. Gangs are known to dismember and spread body aparts around to make discovery more difficult. They didn’t account for the Army Corps of Engineers letting excess water out of the lake to work on the dam, which likely contributed to a rise in current levels that carried the duffel downstream. I would think that if the murderers were going to go to those lengths, that they would put enough weight in the bag to conceal. They also just might be stupid. But with what I heard about “word of MH being murdered @ the KR 2 weeks after he disappeared” which would put his death 2 weeks before BD disappeared. Was there ever any word on the body parts discovered off the beaten path near Edwards AFB a few months ago?

Until the public knows what else was in the bag with his arm, your theory is entirely possible. Finding an arm alone doesn’t necessarily=dead. LE must have felt like the things with the bag lead them to believe he was murdered. I look at a very particular instance with MH. His arrest in July of 2017. 8 months later, almost to the day, he disappears. His charges are very particular to the type of violence this case has presented. (Payback is the first thing that comes to my mind) I’m sure LE has exhausted all avenues relating to who the “victim” was on the night of MH arrest. I’d hope so anyway.

Yes.

Until the public knows what else was in the bag with his arm, your theory is entirely possible. Finding an arm alone doesn’t necessarily=dead. LE must have felt like the things with the bag lead them to believe he was murdered. I look at a very particular instance with MH. His arrest in July of 2017. 8 months later, almost to the day, he disappears. His charges are very particular to the type of violence this case has presented. (Payback is the first thing that comes to my mind) I’m sure LE has exhausted all avenues relating to who the “victim” was on the night of MH arrest. I’d hope so anyway. Gangs are known to dismember and spread body aparts around to make discovery more difficult. They didn’t account for the Army Corps of Engineers letting excess water out of the lake to work on the dam, which likely contributed to a rise in current levels that carried the duffel downstream. I would think that if the murderers were going to go to those lengths, that they would put enough weight in the bag to conceal. They also just might be stupid. But with what I heard about “word of MH being murdered @ the KR 2 weeks after he disappeared” which would put his death 2 weeks before BD disappeared. Was there ever any word on the body parts discovered off the beaten path near Edwards AFB a few months ago?

I just don't see that it's feasible to both kill and dismember someone by the river. That would leave WAY too much evidence.

I just don't see that it's feasible to both kill and dismember someone by the river. That would leave WAY too much evidence.
Could have been killed and transported. And depending on where at, absolutely feasible. There are many spots on the lower kern(below canyon) where access is limited. And with MONTHS going by, all evidence would be washed clean by Mother Nature. Also have to consider the fact that it’s highly unlikely that the person(people) who did this, were doing this for the first time.

Could have been killed and transported. And depending on where at, absolutely feasible. There are many spots on the lower kern(below canyon) where access is limited. And with MONTHS going by, all evidence would be washed clean by Mother Nature. Also have to consider the fact that it’s highly unlikely that the person(people) who did this, were doing this for the first time.

Agree with the bolded.

I haven’t heard any updates on it

Somebody on FB tried to say they had seen a pic of the arm. This was a public comment made on one of the B3 or KGET posts, I believe. Does anyone know if that was legit?

Also, does anyone know with certainty that JF's last name is truly F?

Somebody on FB tried to say they had seen a pic of the arm. This was a public comment made on one of the B3 or KGET posts, I believe. Does anyone know if that was legit?

I’ve seen people talk about the picture of the leg found in buena vista but not the arm (not to say there isn’t one)

JF as in H? Yes. Confirmed last name F.

Did Baylee know about Micah's murder or possibly witness it?
Why won't she be appearing as a potential witness in upcoming court cases?
Which way is the arrow pointing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member