GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.

not an embedded image but I believe it does pause and have circles

Thank you so much for this. This is the first time through tons of viewings that I can actually clearly see what looks to be each girl walking up and him bending to pick them up and put them in the truck. Wow. Wow.

I'm a bit surprised that investigators didn't ask him about this after the video was analyzed.

It doesn't make sense. I've heard the tape and read the transcript and it just doesn't make sense. Maybe my brain is not accepting it, I don't know.
Something about this has not rung true from the start. Not that the truth would satisfy... I see little Bella in my dreams... this is just horrifying.

He's lying. I don't know why or about how much of it but it's just not right. I think there is something with the girl and I think the girl is a sociopath. I'm not qualified to say that but my sister is a sociopath and this girl mirrors her exactly.
By "the girl" do you meanNichol Kessinger?

I also believed he killed them all in their beds because I wanted to believe that. It was the least horrible option I could think of.

I was searching for small mercies like a fool...like expecting water from an empty well...

I had hoped, that, perhaps he might have done what he did, with the girls being aware of as little as possible, if even only for his own benefit, so as to not have to face their suffering...

But he didn't care about how terrified, panicked and confused they were, alone with a monster that looked like daddy, a dead momma, and no "helpers" at all ... or how dreadfully long they endured their suffering,

Because hey, what does it matter?

There gonna be dead soon so they won't even remember it right? It'll be just like it never happened because they won't exist anymore...

I just can't even...

So heart broken when I saw the shadows... Heard the confession.. Uhg.

I am sadder than he is.

What a profoundly grotesque truth.

Last edited:
So CW is asked by Coder if this was a “mercy killing (didn’t want them to suffer throughout their life”). CW says that one could say that after the fact but really it was just the “rage”, “anger with Shanann that he took out on everyone around him that morning.”

CW: “Losing their mind, snapped..”

Says he looks outside every day and wonders what they would be doing right now.

Agree! Shannan was asleep and CW pinned her arms down while he choked her. Because if he was on top of her like he said he was, Shanann would've been screaming her arse off. IMO
When someone is pinning you down like that, it's terrifying.
Not only that, but when someone is being strangled, they almost always will thrash around and kick their legs in a desperate attempt to get a breathe. It's an agonizing death. It's just not believable that she did not struggle.
It's just one more example of CW's attempt to lighten the impact of what he did. Same with him not being able to remember what he said to the girls, and many other things. Imo

Those shadows on the camera had me convinced weeks ago. I took a lot of heat for stating it. What upsets me so much is that the girls were still trusting and following their dad; and yes, it was because he'd carried their mom outside, but the trust that was exploited and extinguished has me viscerally reacting with such sadness.

Agree! Shannan was asleep and CW pinned her arms down while he choked her. Because if he was on top of her like he said he was, Shanann would've been screaming her arse off. IMO
When someone is pinning you down like that, it's terrifying.

OT but I love your airedale and wish my Katie Mae were still here to hug through this.

I have watched, listened to and read everything about this case and after going through yesterday's audio and transcript I am confused and wondering if there is something wrong with me because I don't understand how Shannan's parents, especially her mom, could possibly still love him after he killed their grandchildren and their daughter. How on earth could they still love him. The other thing I don't understand is how the detectives could possibly sit in the same room as him and actually laugh with him. Is there something wrong with me because I couldn't do that.

So CW is asked by Coder if this was a “mercy killing (didn’t want them to suffer throughout their life”). CW says that one could say that after the fact but really it was just the “rage”, “anger with Shanann that he took out on everyone around him that morning.”

CW: “Losing their mind, snapped..”

Says he looks outside every day and wonders what they would be doing right now.

Watts rings so false in some of the narrative because we all know he premeditated it. Didn't the interviewers tell him that they know he arranged Cervi visits for Monday morning on Sunday afternoon?

I haven't had a chance to catch completely up on this thread, but some things that have really been bothering me: 1) most children are hard sleepers- Chris says that S didn't fight back (probably because she was face down on the bed with her face in a pillow) so I'm not buying the "girls waking up" part of the story at all. 2) these little girls seemed pretty smart. My own child at even three years old was acutely aware of anything that was ever wrong with me. Even times when I was ill made him very concerned. This story that these babies coolly stood by for hours while their mother's dead body was dragged down stairs and then rode (and slept) on top of her body stuffed into the floorboards like nothing was wrong in the world does NOT jive with what I know about little kids who love their mommies. My son would be in literal hysterics, screaming and crying loudly, pulling on the sheet trying to help me or understand what's wrong. I'm picturing myself in this scenario and let me tell you, the entire neighborhood would be awake if he stepped outside for a second during all this. Finally, 3) even if all of this happened this way (which I am 99% sure it didn't) and the living girls were that single shadow he lifted into the truck, he most definitely didn't buckle them in. So he's gonna ride down the road with unbuckled kids in the back risking getting pulled over with a dead body in the floorboards? Nope nope nope. So, in my mind two scenarios exist. Either he's just trying to get around the fact that he's a premeditated child killer or he's covering for someone else who may have been in the house at some point and needed the girls to be alive prior to leaving the house in case that's ever revealed.

Did CW think that in the event he was pulled over while driving, it would be easier to explain why he was transporting one dead body in his truck than to explain why he had three dead bodies in his truck?

This made me LOL. Sorry if I sound ghoulish, but I needed a break from the horror, a good laugh. Thanks.

Yes -- thanks for reminding us that CW is NOT "neurotypical."

SW was so open and gave us so much that we felt we knew these children and their personalities. I believe it's indisputable that the girls went to sleep Sunday evening with the promise that Mommy would be home from her three day trip when they woke up in the morning, and they could "barrel rush her," and cling, and squeal with delight -- just as we'd come to know of them.

The realization that they did not get to wake to Mommy greeting them has been as hard to accept as CW forcing them to take a 45 minute ride in his truck with Mommy dead on the floorboard, before he ended their precious lives.

Believing that CW killed the girls at the site, I'm posing the question: why would this not neuro-typical subject delay killing the children until later, when it seemed more convenient for him to murder them at home?

Why didn't CW take his adrenaline rush from strangling SW across the hall, and smother the children ?

Did CW think that in the event he was pulled over while driving, it would be easier to explain why he was transporting one dead body in his truck than to explain why he had three dead bodies in his truck?

I'd like your reasons for a later poll on why CW didn't kill the girls at home and/or kept them alive until arriving his Cervi worksite. Please add your reasons....

1. Time constraint -- needed to get to work early before anybody else might show up.

I say it was really as simple as procrastination. He has no empathy, but that doesn’t mean he actually enjoys the act of killing. It was something that “had to be done” in his mind, and he was putting it off until the last minute.

I have watched, listened to and read everything about this case and after going through yesterday's audio and transcript I am confused and wondering if there is something wrong with me because I don't understand how Shannan's parents, especially her mom, could possibly still love him after he killed their grandchildren and their daughter. How on earth could they still love him. The other thing I don't understand is how the detectives could possibly sit in the same room as him and actually laugh with him. Is there something wrong with me because I couldn't do that.
Maybe the detectives were just telling him that. Feeding him some crap.
I find it hard to believe after all the new details that they love him in anyway.

I have so much hate for him left... I just see his "ugly" face, his "ugly" personality... I wish him the worst!!!

But I believe that Shannans' family is dealing with immense pain, they needed to find a way to survive this entire situation, without going insane due to this emotional burden. And hating somebody can take alot of resources from you. After all, CW is the only person "left" of the family they once knew and which was a big part of their lives. I wish them nothing but the best. There was already enough damage done to their hearts and their souls. Maybe it's their way to walk through this never ending nightmare.

Regarding the detectives: I felt disgust to be honest! But I also believe they are just doing their job, trying to "fool" somebody, giving him or her the feeling to be still a likeable person, so he or her can speak "freely", without the fear of being judged.

From above:

“The other thing I don't understand is how the detectives could possibly sit in the same room as him and actually laugh with him. Is there something wrong with me because I couldn't do that.“

It’s their job. They are psychologically presenting themselves to CW in such a way as to make him feel as comfortable as possible so he will talk. This does require some good acting skills, Imo.

As to your question, there’s nothing wrong with you lol for not being able to do this, it just means maybe you couldn’t be a CBI agent. :)

The other thing I don't understand is how the detectives could possibly sit in the same room as him and actually laugh with him. Is there something wrong with me because I couldn't do that.

Think of them as being undercover agents. Just like cops infiltrating the Mafia. They laugh and joke around with killers because they need information. Everything we can learn about these madmen could help prevent future murders. For all we know, they probably go home and cry just like the rest of us

Those shadows on the camera had me convinced weeks ago. I took a lot of heat for stating it. What upsets me so much is that the girls were still trusting and following their dad; and yes, it was because he'd carried their mom outside, but the trust that was exploited and extinguished has me viscerally reacting with such sadness.

You know what, there’s a part of me that thinks the shadow video may have been a trigger for the further questioning. If the investigators studied that video and saw what you were you were all seeing, and it sounds like they did, it’d be hard to just let that go.

Think of them as being undercover agents. Just like cops infiltrating the Mafia. They laugh and joke around with killers because they need information. Everything we can learn about these madmen could help prevent future murders. For all we know, they probably go home and cry just like the rest of us

I think all LE involved is likely “blown away” by all this. Agent Tammy is a mother herself iirc?

I haven't listened to the interview yet, and frankly, I am disgusted by what he has said. After reading comments and news articles, I'm convinced about one thing, he is lying about not planning this. There is confirmation of texts between him and Shanann about CW being there to take the girls to school on their first day, which was that Monday. But on the previous Friday and even the night before, he confirmed to coworkers that he would be checking the issues at CERVI. So for me... He definitely already had this planned out to some degree, not rage.

Could Shanann have consented to sleeping with him? Perhaps.. She loved him and was heartbroken that he was not showing her love, touching her, etc. Maybe he played the affectionate card and got her to calm down or maybe it never happened at all. I'm not convinced either way on that one. But I do believe he did this while she slept and there was not really a conversation or argument beforehand.

From the beginning, I always thought the girls were still alive when she arrived home, and I still do. Whether he killed them at CERVI or home.. Not sure. Just because he stripped the bed doesn't mean he killed them there, but wouldn't he have had to strip the beds before he left for work since NUA noticed the sheets gone or bedding gone when they were looking around with the police (unless that's what was taking him so long to open the door to them).. I haven't heard the detail for myself about his conversations with Bella and how he killed them there. Seems risky to do that out there.. Even though he told people he had it handled, someone could still have showed up.

Either way, I still believe he killed her first and then the girls. And where did that blanket even go? He probably threw it out the window on the way back home.

Little bit of truth, little bit of lie, a whole lot of evil.

I hope Shanann, Bella, Celeste, and Nico are at peace, and I hope that people will continue to honor them and curse this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie