GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that bothered me too: How could they still love him after what he horrifically did to their daughter and grandchildren. I don't get it really. I think some people feel they are bad people if they hate, for example, someone that murdered their family member; I often hear those people say "I forgive-- so and so"
and I am puzzled by that but I think they have to think that way in order to go on. and not feel like bad people for hating that person . just my 2 cents
I meant to respond to this yesterday. I’m guessing they still love the son in law they’ve known all these years - the man they thought he was. In some ways, it’s another loss they will have to grieve. All because, unlike the watts family, they opened their hearts and their home to their child’s spouse.

Edited to clarify.

Yeah, that bothered me too: How could they still love him after what he horrifically did to their daughter and grandchildren. I don't get it really. I think some people feel they are bad people if they hate, for example, someone that murdered their family member; I often hear those people say "I forgive-- so and so"
and I am puzzled by that but I think they have to think that way in order to go on. and not feel like bad people for hating that person . just my 2 cents
SABBM

It's puzzling, but your post clarifies it -- they still have to live their lives.
Imo, Shannan's family forgiving him is stronger for that . I respect them for being able to do so.

I meant to respond to this yesterday. I’m guessing they still love the son in law they’ve known all these years - the man they thought he was. In some ways, it’s another loss they will have to grieve. All because, unlike the watts family, they opened their hearts and their home to their child’s spouse.

Edited to clarify.

Yes, Frankie said similar in his interview with police, he loved CW like a brother. He is also extremely angry. It would be very conflicting.

Yes -- thanks for reminding us that CW is NOT "neurotypical."

SW was so open and gave us so much that we felt we knew these children and their personalities. I believe it's indisputable that the girls went to sleep Sunday evening with the promise that Mommy would be home from her three day trip when they woke up in the morning, and they could "barrel rush her," and cling, and squeal with delight -- just as we'd come to know of them.

The realization that they did not get to wake to Mommy greeting them has been as hard to accept as CW forcing them to take a 45 minute ride in his truck with Mommy dead on the floorboard, before he ended their precious lives.

Believing that CW killed the girls at the site, I'm posing the question: why would this not neuro-typical subject delay killing the children until later, when it seemed more convenient for him to murder them at home?

Why didn't CW take his adrenaline rush from strangling SW across the hall, and smother the children ?

Did CW think that in the event he was pulled over while driving, it would be easier to explain why he was transporting one dead body in his truck than to explain why he had three dead bodies in his truck?

I'd like your reasons for a later poll on why CW didn't kill the girls at home and/or kept them alive until arriving his Cervi worksite. I'll start it off, and please add your reasons....

1. Time constraint -- needed to get to work early before anybody else might show up.

Procrastination?

Yes -- thanks for reminding us that CW is NOT "neurotypical."

SW was so open and gave us so much that we felt we knew these children and their personalities. I believe it's indisputable that the girls went to sleep Sunday evening with the promise that Mommy would be home from her three day trip when they woke up in the morning, and they could "barrel rush her," and cling, and squeal with delight -- just as we'd come to know of them.

The realization that they did not get to wake to Mommy greeting them has been as hard to accept as CW forcing them to take a 45 minute ride in his truck with Mommy dead on the floorboard, before he ended their precious lives.

Believing that CW killed the girls at the site, I'm posing the question: why would this not neuro-typical subject delay killing the children until later, when it seemed more convenient for him to murder them at home?

Why didn't CW take his adrenaline rush from strangling SW across the hall, and smother the children ?

Did CW think that in the event he was pulled over while driving, it would be easier to explain why he was transporting one dead body in his truck than to explain why he had three dead bodies in his truck?

I'd like your reasons for a later poll on why CW didn't kill the girls at home and/or kept them alive until arriving his Cervi worksite. I'll start it off, and please add your reasons....

1. Time constraint -- needed to get to work early before anybody else might show up.
I think working up the courage. Christian Longo talks about how smothering his first daughter was so horrid that he couldn’t smother the other two so he drowned them. The point being these monsters still have a few emotions. I do not think there was any rage or snapping other than him being enraged they were home and interfering with his affair.

I put my earphones in last night and laid on the couch and listened to five hours of testimony that left me feeling heartbroken, nauseous and in dire need of a shower.

I had read sometime back other opinions that Cc and B were alive when they left the house, but somehow could not believe it. To hear that they indeed were alive and made to sit in the back while their feet were touching the dead body of their Mother was absolutely shocking! CW was asked about the two black garbage bags found at the site, and he nonchalantly answered he put one on SW's head and one on her feet so the girls wouldn't be staring at her head and feet there on the floor under their feet (wasn't that considerate).

According to his empty soul, those two little girls sat in the back of that truck, while he dragged their Mother out and they waited while he buried her. I cannot imagine! Then, he came for them, one at a time. How long does it take for a little one to die as a result of smothering? I have no idea, but Bella waited and watched while her "hero" smothered her baby sister and watched in horror as he carried her up those steps and across the catwalk to the opening of the oil tank. As he described in the earlier police interview, he held them by their arms and dropped them in the oil. He opened the hatch of the tank at the far end first (he marked with "C" on the map at his earlier interview), as he knew he was going to dispose of them in separate tanks. BW was dropped through the oil tank closest to the stairs, as she was last (marked with a "B" on the map). He said in his latest interview that he hears BW's words every day, "Daddy, no!" He even mentioned her struggle as she fought to breathe.

I heard several things in this interview that I had not heard before. I'm sure others can remember things I did not pick up from his latest and greatest truth.

1. The two babies were killed at the Cervi site. Little BW's last cries.
2. He covered SW with a sheet and put her head and feet inside a black garbage bag.
3. Nicole (SW's best friend) was the one who called reporters and had them interview SW (amazing).
4. CW's mom is trying to get him out by saying the "LeVel" patches were to blame. If that doesn't work, she's got more ***** to throw at the wall by saying his attorneys were negligent in his defense.
5. NK knew he was married and had kids from the gitgo.
6. He hopes, in time, he can counsel and help others. How anyone could ever, under any circumstances, sit and listen to his experience and profit from it is beyond me.

I honestly watched several period dramas I have stored on my laptop afterwards (all the happy endings) to try and get the pictures of what he did out of my mind. This man is the stuff nightmares are made of, in my opinion.

He talks about finding God. God was never lost. I have read the Bible through several times, and I honestly can't find ANY stories that even come close to the horrific nightmare caused by this man toward his own family. I really hope this is the last we ever hear of this ***.

CW said no one should be defined by one moment of their life. I say, SW, NW, BW and CcW were, unfortunately, denied ALL the rest of their moments. What about them?

IIRC, they said the Rzucek's said he was their son-in-law for __ years and they loved him, that they couldn't just stop that (or something like that) and they told investigators to tell him they loved him. I remember his surprise when they did.
You are right. I listened to that part again, and they do say they still love him. I wonder if they will have a change of heart after hearing the new interview. :(

He said he was contemplating the children's fate as he drove?

What exactly was he going to tell them as he buried SW?

What was he going to tell coworkers that arrived why he had his children with him?

His story is bs.

He had it all planned out. He knew those girls would fit the pipe.

He was a mechanic and they know by training and sight how things fit. He could have even measured to be sure.

When he killed the children, who knows.

Last edited:
i haven't listened to the tapes I should but I dread it. I'm really surprised he talked at all and so soon. From what I get so far in a round about weird way he is sorry but it's mixed with self preservation. After all if he wouldn't have been caught he would have gone on with his life with no regrets.
He has nothing but time now to think I'm glad he didn't get away with it. I hope his life is as good as it can be incarcerated and no one attacks him and he has some friends. He's really an anomaly. There is no way any of this could have been prevented

The girls were put in the oil tanks BEFORE Shanann was buried.

Pg's 13 and 14:

After he put BELLA into the oil tank, he returned to where SHANANN was located
and started to clear away some weeds with his rake.
  • The rake broke when he used it remove weeds and he left part of it out at the site.
  • He does not believe he ever thought about going back for the broken part of his rake.
  • He dug a hole with his shovel and put SHANANN inside.

Attachments

• Watts Interview 02.18.19_Redacted.pdf
    398.2 KB · Views: 8
I'm about 30 minutes in where the interviewer panders to CW's meek, good ol' boy b.s., leading him to say that it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't had an affair with NK.
It's truly nauseating how CW claims that the situation controlled him rather than him being in control.
Although NK had checked him and SW out before, she wasn't the one actively pursuing him and controlling the situation.
It's obvious from the timing of the affair that he was the pursuer, since he knew how long his family was going to be gone and had his plan to woo NK all mapped out.
And if NK had picked any other married man with kids, that man wouldn't have turned into a family annihilator.
But if CW had picked a different mistress he became equally infatuated with, then he still would have murdered his family.
Zero sympathy for NK, but to suggest that it wouldn't have happened if not for her is to downplay what a monster he truly is, IMO.

Last edited:
I'm about 30 minutes in where the interviewer panders to CW's meek, good ol' boy b.s., leading him to say that it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't had an affair with NK.
It's truly nauseating how CW claims that the situation controlled him rather than him being in control.
Although NK had checked him and SW out before, she wasn't the one actively pursuing him and controlling the situation.
It's obvious from the timing of the affair that he was the pursuer, since he knew how long his family was going to be gone and had his plan to woo NK all mapped out.
And if NK had picked any other married man with kids, that man wouldn't have turned into a family annihilator.
But if CW had picked a different mistress he was equally infatuated with, then he still would have murdered his family.
Zero sympathy for NK, but to suggest that it wouldn't have happened if not for her is to downplay what a monster he truly is, IMO.
Welcome to Websleuths, DaisyKenny. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members