CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh...so you can actually see the comments??

Were you able to do so by simply signing into fb or did you have to sign-up to become a Member of the Group?
MISSING: BEN TYNER

This official page shows all comments under every post. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see them. I did not join and I can read everything. Only reason you need to join is to MAKE comments.

That said, I haven't seen anything there today other than news of an auction and how to pick up decals that have been sold. I already posted/linked comments back on this thread about ongoing searches and needing permission from RCMP to search. No news on searchers finding Ben though. Sadly.

Same, zecats. I was able to look at both pages & read the comments under the posts, all without joining either group. Like you, I didn’t find anything “interesting,” (just decal & auction info.) so I wonder what we’re missing? Maybe something was deleted?
This case makes me sad. His family seems so loving & they deserve to have answers, if they can’t have their son/brother home alive & well (assuming this won’t happen, sadly).

Thanks so much @zecats and @LarkBunting for your input! (Before seeing your responses I decided to try one of the fb links kindly provided by ze on page 1 of this thread.)

Me and my old PC are so lame when it comes to getting pages to download, I decided I had perhaps not waited long enough for comments to download. Turns out that was the problem.

You need to scroll down after seeing the Auction and Decal info. I found Mar. 3, 6, and 7 to be strangely interesting.

Idk, but for me, what goes unanswered is sometimes more interesting than what is answered. Even I don't know what I'm trying to say... it must be time for the old fox to get off here for the day..LOL

Thanks so much @zecats and @LarkBunting for your input! (Before seeing your responses I decided to try one of the fb links kindly provided by ze on page 1 of this thread.)

Me and my old PC are so lame when it comes to getting pages to download, I decided I had perhaps not waited long enough for comments to download. Turns out that was the problem.

You need to scroll down after seeing the Auction and Decal info. I found Mar. 3, 6, and 7 to be strangely interesting.

Idk, but for me, what goes unanswered is sometimes more interesting than what is answered. Even I don't know what I'm trying to say... it must be time for the old fox to get off here for the day..LOL

BBM. I agree. There are so many "mysterious" details or lack of for a simple missing person who fell off his horse and couldn't find his way back case. I know it's possible...all things are until proven differently. It's just strange that no trace of Ben has been found anywhere near where his horse was found, or where his horse's tracks led back to. And the details of no cell phone, didn't take his dog, didn't tell anyone where he was going, no one found tracks leading away from the ranch ye too one came forward to say they trailered him out....

One factor could be the weather and how cold it got immediately after he was reported missing. But again, with all the searches and resources used in searching (dog, helicopters, horseback cowboys, drones, trackers, Native people knowledgeable of the area....on and on). Where the heck could he be? And what the heck happened to him? I feel for his family beyond belief. Think about how we look for news every day. Imagine the pain for them. Too sad.

BBM. I agree. There are so many "mysterious" details or lack of for a simple missing person who fell off his horse and couldn't find his way back case. I know it's possible...all things are until proven differently. It's just strange that no trace of Ben has been found anywhere near where his horse was found, or where his horse's tracks led back to. And the details of no cell phone, didn't take his dog, didn't tell anyone where he was going, no one found tracks leading away from the ranch ye too one came forward to say they trailered him out....

One factor could be the weather and how cold it got immediately after he was reported missing. But again, with all the searches and resources used in searching (dog, helicopters, horseback cowboys, drones, trackers, Native people knowledgeable of the area....on and on). Where the heck could he be? And what the heck happened to him? I feel for his family beyond belief. Think about how we look for news every day. Imagine the pain for them. Too sad.

Good summary of all the unanswered questions which cause us to linger here missing Ben and seeking answers as to the who, what, when, where, and how of his death.

Missing a handsome young man who in life was unknown to most of us. But, by golly, Ben was a genuine, bona fide, real-life horseback riding Cowboy !! A living, breathing version that rode straight out of our romanticized childhood dreams. <sigh>

Meanwhile, back to those puzzling questions. In order to get answers, it's so important that Ben be found soon. Please let it be soon.

All imho.

Yes, could be many reasons. I'm trying not to read anything into it, but two possibilities popped into my mind and stuck there. Unfortunately, they're pure speculation on my part...driven by my need to believe that LE has "found something" or "learned something" that will speed-up finding Ben.

dup post...again once more Grrh

Last edited:
Yes, could be many reasons. I'm trying not to read anything into it, but two possibilities popped into my mind and stuck there. Unfortunately, they're pure speculation on my part...driven by my need to believe that LE has "found something" or "learned something" that will speed-up finding Ben.
I'd like to think that as well. I'm just not sure. It could be due to trespassing issues, safety issues (not sure if the weather has turned for the better yet), or even lack of experience in looking for evidence - of any kind, foul play or accident, or suicide. JMO

Request coming from family not to search without checking first, with RCMP.

"Jack Tyner has asked you don’t search unless they get the okay from the RCMP. Our post wasn’t an assumption it was a request ."

Could be many reasons for this request, IMO

Well, Jack is asking? What about RCMP?
I’d expect such a request would be more formal. The tribal community continue searching, per FB.
This makes me wonder if Jack has some info......maybe about a particular person Ben had trouble with or???
Does this imply Jack thinks there’s no need to search because someone knows where he is? As Foxbluff posted, we can only speculate.

Well, Jack is asking? What about RCMP?
I’d expect such a request would be more formal. The tribal community continue searching, per FB.
This makes me wonder if Jack has some info......maybe about a particular person Ben had trouble with or???
Does this imply Jack thinks there’s no need to search because someone knows where he is? As Foxbluff posted, we can only speculate.
Or people will take it more seriously, or perhaps, more respectfully, coming from a family member than from the law. JMO

Request coming from family not to search without checking first, with RCMP.

"Jack Tyner has asked you don’t search unless they get the okay from the RCMP. Our post wasn’t an assumption it was a request ."

Could be many reasons for this request, IMO

I wish this meant there’s a happy ending coming. That Ben left on his own for reasons known only to him.

I wish this meant there’s a happy ending coming. That Ben left on his own for reasons known only to him.
I wish this would be the case as well. However, there are tons of people still selling decals and raising money with auctions, and Jack is part of the official Facebook page so he's aware of all this. I sincerely hear loss in his voice when he posts occasionally. I think perhaps the voice of the Missing Ben page is directed at those people who follow it, requesting that they do not search. RCMP has made no such request that I've read anywhere. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni