Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
More from this link:

- after an argument with another (female) student Rebecca deleted many of her Instagram posts and wanted to change schools

- the morning she disappeared she was online using the Wifi at her sister's home after 6am but when her mother called her at 7.15am her phone was switched off

- she was staying with her sister for the weekend (visiting only), she was supposed to come back to her parent's home Monday after school

- parents and sister live 4km apart

- school started at 9.50am that day but Rebecca left much earlier than she should have. Her sister's husband looked into the living room at 8.30am, at that point she had already left. She took her schoolbag, her phone and a blanket with her. Parents think she might have met someone.

- she does not have a boyfriend

- police waited three days after the mp report was filed Monday evening before investigating, assuming she would turn up

- her mother is asking people to look in their basements and sheds. They think she is held against her will.

- police have had 22 tips so far and are trying to get into her WhatsApp

- dogs have been used to track her (doesn't say if they found anything useful)
I'm jumping waaaay ahead here but I saw this earlier today and it left me scratching my head- RR's phone was turned off at 7:15 am and the BIL "saw" her at 8:30 am.

What caused my confusion is why her phone was turned off nearly an hour before the BIL saw her. It makes no sense unless she was in the habit of turning her phone off in the morning.

Now I see there is some suspicion on the BIL. I'll come back later and try to catch up so apologies if the time discrepancy has been discussed and/or eliminated.

From the few newer posts I speed read through it looks like hope is dimming that RR is still alive. If so, then I guess foul play is involved and she was indeed not a runaway. Poor little girl. :(

I'm jumping waaaay ahead here but I saw this earlier today and it left me scratching my head- RR's phone was turned off at 7:15 am and the BIL "saw" her at 8:30 am.

What caused my confusion is why her phone was turned off nearly an hour before the BIL saw her. It makes no sense unless she was in the habit of turning her phone off in the morning.
The BIL didn't see her when he looked into the living room at 8.30 a.m., it was empty, so she went missing sometime between 7.15 and 8.30 a.m.

I do not known how the weather was in Berlin,but here it was about 18C and around those nights,we had a clear sky with the biggest supermoon of this year.

Also on IG,I saw a screenshot of a presumed WA chat between R and a friend (that was on the night before she disappeared) at 1.00 AM.Her friend had written that no mather what happend,she would stand with R. I guess it must be deleted because can not find it anymore...

Guess the grey top that was found,didnt pan out?
Question did the police see if the dogs hit on the car I wonder? I mean if you are transporting a deceased person they should hit on the car wouldn't you think?
According to R's sister (who will be searching today) LE has no proof that BIL had something to do with RR disappearance.Also,if one dogs hit on the car,it was to my knowledge not made public in MSM.

Last edited:
Missed for over two weeks
Missing Rebecca: Is a WhatsApp the last sign of life?

'According to RTL information, Rebecca's underwear was still in the bathroom, as if she was about to change clothes. In addition to the router data, this is another indication for the investigators that they have not voluntarily left the house. Besides, she should have sent a WhatsApp from the bathroom to a friend - the last sign of life?'

'The police launched in the last few days two major searches in a forest near Storkow in Brandenburg, but so far unsuccessful. Storkow is located directly on the highway, on the Florian R. should have been traveling. According to RTL information, the police want to continue the search on Saturday in a similar location.'
Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Ist eine WhatsApp das letzte Lebenszeichen?

Missed for over two weeks
Missing Rebecca: Is a WhatsApp the last sign of life?

'According to RTL information, Rebecca's underwear was still in the bathroom, as if she was about to change clothes. In addition to the router data, this is another indication for the investigators that they have not voluntarily left the house. Besides, she should have sent a WhatsApp from the bathroom to a friend - the last sign of life?'

'The police launched in the last few days two major searches in a forest near Storkow in Brandenburg, but so far unsuccessful. Storkow is located directly on the highway, on the Florian R. should have been traveling. According to RTL information, the police want to continue the search on Saturday in a similar location.'
Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Ist eine WhatsApp das letzte Lebenszeichen?

And how would the women in the family feel about this? Would they have expected a changing of clothes to begin the new day? And I would think, whether it was school, or some type of rendezvous, that Rebecca would want to be clean, and fresh. IMO most people would, wouldn't they? Oh Rebecca, each day passing makes me feel such sorrow for you. And of course, your loved ones. When will they demand answers? Sad. Sigh.

18 Feb 8:42 Mom: Hello Sweetie, I hope you made it to school on time. I couldn’t reach you. [kiss emoji]
19 Feb 05:10 Mom: Becci, where are you?

I forgot to thank you for the translation. I wish I had taken German in school. I went with Spanish...

Has there been anything ever released about my second question? I'm really curious if LE investigated why the school never notified anyone about Rebecca's absence. Would the school be able to confirm if someone called Rebecca out that day? Or perhaps sent an email, saying she would be absent? I'm not sure what that procedure would be with Rebecca's school.

Here in the States, my familiarity is that roll is taken first thing. Anyone absent, would be checked against a known-absentee list. Anyone not called-out, would prompt a call to listed contacts for that student.

Do they do something similar? Do they track that information? Would that have been a LE check-off item? And would they divulge that information?

That seems horrible that the one time school didn't notify, that this young girl disappeared. What lousy timing IMO.

Has there been anything ever released about my second question?
SBMFF

I can only tell you from my own experience. Would my school have called my parents if I missed a day at the age of 15? No. If it happened regularly, they would have discussed with my parents at ”Elternsprechtag“ (parent conference day) and noted absenteeism on my school report. But that’s years ago. I won’t say how many years! :p

Berlin has a massive problem with what we call ”Schulschwänzer” (truants), so I‘m pretty sure most schools wouldn’t call parents for a 15-year-old who misses class.

View attachment 171161 View attachment 171162 I made some screenshots of the video that I am watching as I type.
Her mother says that she did send an app to Rebecca asking her to get ready for school. Rebecca replied that she would get ready later.
Her mother also states that normally the school would call when they notice when someone isn't present. She didn't heard anything so she assument that her daughter was at school.
The search dogs did track Rebecca's smell at the bus stop, after that the search dogs lost her track.
The rest of the video is about the search her family and friends started on social media and putting up flyers.
Video can be viewed here:
#findbecci: Freunde suchen verzweifelt vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin

Can someone look at this screenshot, provided by worldwatcher,

Thank you Jim for bringing this screenshot forward, and thanks to worldwatcher for posting it in the first place!

I must have overlooked it or forgot about in the meantime.

This screenshot of her mother's phone clearly shows two check marks next to the message from Feb 19. This means Rebecca's phone was on at the time and received the message. It was not read but it was received by the phone. Her phone was on on February 19! :eek:

Why has there been no mention of this in msm or by police? Or did I overlook that too?

Thank you Jim for bringing this screenshot forward, and thanks to worldwatcher for posting it in the first place!

I must have overlooked it or forgot about in the meantime.

This screenshot of her mother's phone clearly shows two check marks next to the message from Feb 19. This means Rebecca's phone was on at the time and received the message. It was not read but it was received by the phone. Her phone was on on February 19! :eek:

Why has there been no mention of this in msm or by police? Or did I overlook that too?

Oh wow! I don't recall that being brought out into any reporting, or discussion. So, how was her phone connecting to the App? Did LE track down...oh wait, they waited three (3) days when they thought Rebecca would return. Her phone is probably still with her. Or not, if it was kept in the vicinity of the WIFI until it lost battery power.

ETA: But wait, I thought the reporting said the phone was turned off on the 18th? Confused?

ETA: But wait, I thought the reporting said the phone was turned off on the 18th? Confused?

Yes that is what has been reported all along. But according to this screenshot it must have on, whether still on or again turned on we can't say, on the 19th February or afterwards. If it had not been on at all after the 18th there would be only one check mark (phone did not receive the message).

WhatsApp is not stand-alone, it is connected to the phone number, when you instal the app it will show WhatsApp activity pertaining to that number only.

There was a MSM about what the ticks ment but I don’t have this app so I don’t understand the ticks

SBMFF

I can only tell you from my own experience. Would my school have called my parents if I missed a day at the age of 15? No. If it happened regularly, they would have discussed with my parents at ”Elternsprechtag“ (parent conference day) and noted absenteeism on my school report. But that’s years ago. I won’t say how many years! :p

Berlin has a massive problem with what we call ”Schulschwänzer” (truants), so I‘m pretty sure most schools wouldn’t call parents for a 15-year-old who misses class.

Haha, I relate to the years! And yet, the mom seemed to expect a call if Rebecca did not make it to school.

This is from the same link from @worldwatcher

"Her mother says that she did send an app to Rebecca asking her to get ready for school. Rebecca replied that she would get ready later.

Her mother also states that normally the school would call when they notice when someone isn't present. She didn't heard anything so she assument that her daughter was at school."

Police are shifting search for Rebecca towards the lake

On Saturday, the police continue to search for the student. The operation again focused on the vast forest area southeast of Berlin, which was already combed on Friday, said a police spokesman in the evening. However, the focus shifted the officials further west in the direction of Wolziger Lake.

According to the police, they are prepared to continue the search on Sunday.

https://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/neukoelln/polizei-setzt-suche-nach-vermisster-rebecca-am-samstag-fort

3,w=756.bild.gif

There was a MSM about what the ticks ment but I don’t have this app so I don’t understand the ticks

I explained it some pages ago.

One grey tick - message has been sent but has not been received by the phone yet

Two grey ticks - message has been received by the phone but has not been opened (read) yet

Two blue ticks - message has been read

Just to clarify how WhatsApp works:
One grey checkmark - message was sent but hasn't been received yet by the other person's phone
Two grey checkmarks - message was received by the other's phone but hasn't been read yet
Two blue checkmarks - the other person has read the message

Bringing forward @Elainera's post on the check marks.

Th
Bringing forward @Elainera's post on the check marks.
According to how WhatsApp works, the mom's first message was received on the 18th at 8.42 am and her second message was received and also read by someone who had the phone on the 19th at 05.10 am. That means, her phone was on during these times and that somebody had her phone and read the second message during the early hours on the 19th.

So when the last message was read does that not automatically mean the previous message also gets read and the ticks change colour ?

Attachments

• 4B968712-4BD3-43AB-BA7D-A9A6856BDCBC.png
    4B968712-4BD3-43AB-BA7D-A9A6856BDCBC.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Oh wow! I don't recall that being brought out into any reporting, or discussion. So, how was her phone connecting to the App? Did LE track down...oh wait, they waited three (3) days when they thought Rebecca would return. Her phone is probably still with her. Or not, if it was kept in the vicinity of the WIFI until it lost battery power.

IMO,I do think that the check marks/ticks were 2 (and blue) because of the second simcard that LE used to get into RR's WA account and that is why,it gets confusing if it was recieved/read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff