Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

I have two thoughts.
Although the cause of death is listed as hypothermia that doesn't preclude other injuries that may have prevented her from helping herself.
Has anyone read, heard or seen anything to indicate she wanted to take her own life? And, if she did, does that mean she left her car where it was found and walked/ran throwing pieces of her clothing and belongs as she ran into a field?
That isn't a usual method of suicide.

Hypothermia.... I’ll be interested in seeing the toxicology when it comes back. It’s just strange to me, totally jmo.
I have no idea of the challenges in this woman's life. It's possible that she got out of her car, fell, suffered a head injury, and died of hypothermia. I do know that some "substances" are well known to be associated with hypothermia.
Hypothermia Differential Diagnoses

Last edited:
My daughter called me this morning to tell me about this story, this was someone she knew. Immediately I said that this sounds exactly like Adria Hatten.
Autopsy performed after missing Alton woman found dead

I’ve never heard of Adria’s case either. Interesting. I can’t find anything saying what her toxicology came back like. It surprises me a little that people commit suicide with hypothermia. Idk why I’m surprised because I’m rarely surprised at anything anymore.
I’m sure your daughter is upset about Brooke. Prayers. It’s so confusing. jmo

I’ve never heard of Adria’s case either. Interesting. I can’t find anything saying what her toxicology came back like. It surprises me a little that people commit suicide with hypothermia. Idk why I’m surprised because I’m rarely surprised at anything anymore.
I’m sure your daughter is upset about Brooke. Prayers. It’s so confusing. jmo
Suicide by hypothermia? Who?

The window of her car was down and it was sort of in the middle of the road. I'm guessing the puppy jumped out (perhaps she had the window down to smoke a cigarette) and she went after it. She was not dressed for the elements (sweatpants, light hoody (or jacket) and slippers). She would have succumbed to the cold pretty quickly. It's been brutally cold here in Illinois the last month. Glad they found her and praying for comfort for her loved ones. She was a beautiful girl.

Suicide by hypothermia? Who?

Some have opined that Brooke could have died of hypothermia by choice. There is ZERO facts (that I’m aware of) to back this up. All we know is hypothermia. It’s just been theorized. I’m not on that bus, but I have no better idea than anyone else of how Brooke ended up where she was found. jmo

The window of her car was down and it was sort of in the middle of the road. I'm guessing the puppy jumped out (perhaps she had the window down to smoke a cigarette) and she went after it. She was not dressed for the elements (sweatpants, light hoody (or jacket) and slippers). She would have succumbed to the cold pretty quickly. It's been brutally cold here in Illinois the last month. Glad they found her and praying for comfort for her loved ones. She was a beautiful girl.

Now, that makes a lot of sense. It’s such a tragedy. She was just starting her adult life.:(

Some have opined that Brooke could have died of hypothermia by choice. There is ZERO facts (that I’m aware of) to back this up. All we know is hypothermia. It’s just been theorized. I’m not on that bus, but I have no better idea than anyone else of how Brooke ended up where she was found. jmo
Yeah, I don’t think it’s was suicide by hypothermia either.

I have two thoughts.
Although the cause of death is listed as hypothermia that doesn't preclude other injuries that may have prevented her from helping herself.
Has anyone read, heard or seen anything to indicate she wanted to take her own life? And, if she did, does that mean she left her car where it was found and walked/ran throwing pieces of her clothing and belongs as she ran into a field?
That isn't a usual method of suicide.

Discarding clothing sounds like paradoxical undressing—fairly common in hypothermia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back