GUILTY UK - Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, found dead in shallow grave, Kew, 7 March 2019

I think the local curtain-twitchers will have plenty to tell. Even in the dead of night, someone will have seen or heard the grave being dug or SOMETHING. All the houses in her section of the street have been divided into flats, from looking at the doors. That's a lot of potential witnesses.

I think the local curtain-twitchers will have plenty to tell. Even in the dead of night, someone will have seen or heard the grave being dug or SOMETHING. All the houses in her section of the street have been divided into flats, from looking at the doors. That's a lot of potential witnesses.

Edit: And yes, I'd be shocked if a random had the gumption to do anything in the presence of the dogs. One dog maybe but not two.

Edit again: I have no idea how this turned into two posts. Sorry!

Curious why the person took the time and risk to bury her. They must have realised that because of the dogs, who will start making a ruckus if left alone for too long, her absence would be noted fairly quickly and the shallow grave will not conceal her for long. It's also a huge risk to be seen from neighbouring windows while digging a hole and dragging a body through the garden. Why not just leave quietly at night?

What a sad case :(

Might she have locked the dogs in another room when the potential tinder date arrived?

I'm sad for her dogs who surely loved her as much as she loved them.

She always described Hailey (the husky) as quite calm, she’d had her for a number of years. She got Blake (rottweiler) as a puppy just under 2 years ago and I remember her saying how excitable he was. With how friendly Laureline was I’m sure the dogs were used to being around people.

She used to keep stuffed toy versions of the dogs on her desk.

Last edited:
Curious why the person took the time and risk to bury her. They must have realised that because of the dogs, who will start making a ruckus if left alone for too long, her absence would be noted fairly quickly and the shallow grave will not conceal her for long. It's also a huge risk to be seen from neighbouring windows while digging a hole and dragging a body through the garden. Why not just leave quietly at night?
I can only think it was for the delay factor. People aren't immediately going to be checking the garden for a shallow grave.

Laureline Garcia-Bertaux's friend speaks out after blogger found in shallow grave

Producer and actress friend Hester Ruoff on Friday described Ms Garcia-Bertaux as "an amazing individual" and said they had been due to start filming on movie Spanish Pigeon next month.

South London-based Ms Ruoff said: "She's absolutely one of a kind. She's charismatic and dramatic and a supportive, passionate, creative woman.

"She and I were working on another film, which I'm shooting in six weeks."

Ms Garcia-Bertaux was due to perform the role of line producer, and Ms Ruoff said she will now "make it in her memory".

She said she was last in contact with her friend on Sunday but declined to discuss their conversation, saying she had been speaking to police.

Blogger's friend speaks out after body found in shallow grave

Another friend, 27-year-old Daniel Hughes, said Ms Garcia-Bertaux had been due to meet with a "charismatic" vet for a coffee that evening.

Ms Garcia-Bertaux, originally from Aix-en-Provence, France, was reported as missing after failing to turn up for work at public relations company Golin on Monday.

No-one has been arrested and the results of a post-mortem examination are unknown.

Blogger's friend speaks out after body found in shallow grave

A murdered film producer was seen having an 'animated conversation' with a middle aged man in the garden where her body was found in a shallow grave hours later, a neighbour today claimed.

Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, was stood in the garden of her £400,000 home with her arms crossed as she spoke with an unidentified man on Sunday morning, the last time she was seen alive.

[...]
Speaking today, a neighbour said: 'I didn't take much notice at the time. But she had her arms folded across her chest. Police said I might have been the last person to see her alive. She was having an animated conversation.'

Her sister Samantha Collot issued a heart-felt plea for people to come forward with any information about Laureline's murder, as Metropolitan Police confirmed that it had made no arrests in connection with the case.

[...]

Mr Hughes, who said he previously worked with Ms Garcia-Bertaux at the Discovery Channel, said [...] 'I'm pretty harrowed about it. I've been in that house, I've been in that garden. It's creepy, it's upset me quite a lot.'

Murdered film producer, 34, found in shallow grave was looking for love on Tinder | Daily Mail Online

I'm hoping they'll get him on local cctv cameras.

There appears to be one at least that I can see on the school just a few hundred yards away in Darell Road, which may have captured him arriving or leaving, and if he went the other way on Lower Richmond Way there's a Shell garage not far behind the gardens and other businesses along that main road, as well as dash cam footage they may be able to get from motorists.

Woman buried in garden 'was strangled'

A film-maker whose body was found buried in a shallow grave had been strangled, police have said.

Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, was found in her garden in Darell Road in Kew, west London, on Wednesday, after she went missing on Monday.

A post-mortem examination on Saturday gave the cause of death as "consistent with compression of the neck", the Metropolitan Police said.

A murder investigation is ongoing and there have been no arrests.

A murdered film producer was seen having an 'animated conversation' with a middle aged man in the garden where her body was found in a shallow grave hours later, a neighbour today claimed.

Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, was stood in the garden of her £400,000 home with her arms crossed as she spoke with an unidentified man on Sunday morning, the last time she was seen alive.

[...]
Speaking today, a neighbour said: 'I didn't take much notice at the time. But she had her arms folded across her chest. Police said I might have been the last person to see her alive. She was having an animated conversation.'

I hope this neighbour was able to see the man's face and can work with police on a sketch.

I hope this neighbour was able to see the man's face and can work with police on a sketch.

He could have got out the back gate into the alleyway and not been noticed I suppose. Wonder if it was a workman/gardener she had employed after reading the neighbour's comment above. They obviously knew where to find a spade.

He could have got out the back gate into the alleyway and not been noticed I suppose. Wonder if it was a workman/gardener she had employed after reading the neighbour's comment above. They obviously knew where to find a spade.

But why would a workman want to hide the body? I would have thought that would point to someone with a more personal relationship with her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back