Etiquette & Information Discussion

Not having fun... maybe I am sensitive, but this site seems like an endless parade of death. Yes, some get found or come home, but the vast majority of these cases are pointless. The victim is dead. The police are hampered by expansive bureaucracies. The family members crumple to the floor in tears. Nothing ever changes. A river of dead bodies. Maybe I am too sensitive.

“... not in our stars, but in ourselves...”. Shakespeare

I think this is another reason this site is extremely important... every season in it's time

For all of us who don't get to turn away from the horror and bottemless loss of open, everpresent publicized tragedy- this is a place where others 'going through it' are able to organize, reflect, share and ask what just cannot be done anywhere else.

Death positive culture. Not denying what the rest of the world looks so hard away from. Assessing and evaluating every last detail in hopes to enact something good from the ashes of aftermath- and IT DOES!!!

Am so grateful to meet relentlessly proactive minds bent on commitment to movement & solutions when the rest of the world could simply not give less of an ish.

A few days ago, I was on the fifth or sixth page of a thread and noted that latecomers were re-asking the same questions answered in the thread's beginning. I made a polite observation that churning over the same info was not making progress. I may have remarked that one should read a thread before adding to it.

Wow, were folks offended! I was chastised, and told that repetition was the way WS works. My post was removed. I got the feeling that we weren't there to resolve a crime, but to endlessly speculate on the same old things.

Did I violate TOS? Or did I break some WS custom? I meant no harm. I just want to catch some scoundrels.

Tricia: Good morning. I [we] wanted to address, and get past the persistent demand from another member; determined any response will not be conclusive and only serve for additional persistence will serve no best interest for the purpose our participation. Like any good managed team having a specific goal intended on achieving, likewise prior to becoming member a decided upon workable game-plan which has been in effect since first posting. Longtime investigative research and interviews have established a methodology for exercising this particular protocol. Which by now reasonable to conclude that you have distinguished. I'm sure you are aware of what CI represents, tapes/time, and understands the definition of tri-athlete, subpoenas, teaching, and law; realizing aforementioned may not be understood, but working this TIMELINE PROCEDURE already new truths and facts have surfaced never before pursued. Contemplating response to member, was moved off original goal; resolved when decision to ignore, choosing to go forward. Trusting this message meets with Websleuths Administration's acceptance, respectfully.

So I'm not even sure where to post this. It looks like one of my posts in a thread was deleted for being "insulting" when it wasn't intended and I can't even tell which of my posts it was. (I may be super nooby with this, like I can't see what it said before because if I click, it's gone?)

So I'm not even sure where to post this. It looks like one of my posts in a thread was deleted for being "insulting" when it wasn't intended and I can't even tell which of my posts it was. (I may be super nooby with this, like I can't see what it said before because if I click, it's gone?)
If you’re ever confused by something a mod has done, just email one of the mods who has posted in the thread and ask them for clarification.

Can a moderator please direct me to or post the relevant information regarding posting a link to YouTube?

I am not finding it anywhere in the rules.
I have this same question.

Websleuths is strengthened by its TOS regarding Main Stream Media (MSM) sources. Is there a list of approved and/or banned websites as sources?

How should we proceed when we see non-MSM youTube content or 3rd party non-MSM links? Should we really report it all?

I highly encourage Websleuths to continue upholding MSM newslinks only. I have seen other forums destroyed by links to non-MSM sources that then trackback to the forum (possible because they administer the analytics to their sites, youTube channels, etc.) to perpetrate malignant behavior such as trolling, harassment, and denial-of-service/overload attacks. Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia

Could somebody please explain what it means if you click on the ‘Like’ button next to someone's post. I thought it meant that you like what the poster said and agree with them. But I notice many people click on the Like button when a forum has been shut down, sometimes for many hours. And I’ve noticed somebody will ask a question and they get a bunch of ‘Likes’ but nobody answers the question. Thank you to anyone who can help me understand how to use the ‘Like’ button. If I'm posting this question in the wrong place, please let me know where to post it.

Could somebody please explain what it means if you click on the ‘Like’ button next to someone's post. I thought it meant that you like what the poster said and agree with them. But I notice many people click on the Like button when a forum has been shut down, sometimes for many hours. And I’ve noticed somebody will ask a question and they get a bunch of ‘Likes’ but nobody answers the question. Thank you to anyone who can help me understand how to use the ‘Like’ button. If I'm posting this question in the wrong place, please let me know where to post it.
I use it to indicate an approval of the post. Sometimes I agree with the content of the post, other times I'm more endorsing the person's thought process, or their courage in making the post. Sometimes it's a "thank you" to the poster for their reply.

Discussion boards are asynchronous (meaning it's not necessarily a real-time conversation) so whether the thread is open at the time someone gives a "like" doesn't matter.

How do I find out who has deleted my post if I want to talk to them about it?

I hereby E-sign to acknowledge that I have read and agree to abide by everything, everybody, everywhere, everytime, and every way, every day.

I have a question regarding if I'm allowed to post an article with a suspects name in it that has otherwise been unreleased. It's a lone article and the case broke this morning. It's the case of Bobby Whitt and his mother Myong Cho. I found the identity of the father/husband who is the killer in that article. All the other articles published today have stated they haven't released his name yet due needing to figure out what jurisdiction to charge him first.

That being said, would I allowed to post this article in Bobby's thread?

I also found other sources on the father which I'm sure I may not be allowed. I found court documents for his unrelated arrest he is currently in prison for. Would I be able to post this as a timeline reference? It happened shortly after the murders occurred. And the other is a picture and DOB on a inmate website. I know those are likely a no-no. I just thought I'd ask before I post just to be 100% sure.

I have a question regarding if I'm allowed to post an article with a suspects name in it that has otherwise been unreleased. It's a lone article and the case broke this morning. It's the case of Bobby Whitt and his mother Myong Cho. I found the identity of the father/husband who is the killer in that article. All the other articles published today have stated they haven't released his name yet due needing to figure out what jurisdiction to charge him first.

I also found other sources on the father which I'm sure I may not be allowed. I found court documents for his unrelated arrest he is currently in prison for. Would I be able to post this as a timeline reference? It happened shortly after the murders occurred. And the other is a picture and DOB on a inmate website. I know those are likely a no-no. I just thought I'd ask before I post just to be 100% sure.
I’m only going to give my opinion on the article. If it’s MSM, it can be posted.

I think @vmmking is correct. Look at the WS rules -- IMO you can post a link to anything that's in MSM. But you can't imply or discuss guilt of anyone who hasn't been declared (by LE) a suspect or Person of Interest. If you want a definitive answer, click "report" on your post and a mod/admin will be alerted to it.

Ok, both are set. I did Robert321's a few days ago. Rowen, you are ready to post a thread if you like
Hi Tricia, Questions about TOS. Is it ok for people to post victims previous records (ex dui) siting court records that do not give any info concerning the charge itself? Or by posting a people finder pay type site. Or not provide any site whatsoever. Appreciate all you and the mods do! Thank you!

I hope it is okay to post this question here. I read/post on my phone 99% of the time. How do I clear my alerts without having to open each one?
TY!

I thought I posted a reply to someone who replied on my post in the Missing Discussions - Danielle Nipper thread, but now I don’t see it. Would a moderator have deleted it without informing me and the reason why?

I thought I posted a reply to someone who replied on my post in the Missing Discussions - Danielle Nipper thread, but now I don’t see it. Would a moderator have deleted it without informing me and the reason why?
Did you look at your alerts? When a mod deletes a post it usually shows up in your alerts.

I've been going through the missing but not forgotten threads, finding those without posts, and adding a comment or a picture or update . I feel bad seeing any missing person without at least one comment and sometimes there is an update to the case I can post. Namus changed from .org to .com and posts are missing their photos which I am replacing. I just finished the 1970s and suddenly wondered if it fell under power posting? Is it all right or should I stop? I'm only trying to help and since I am retired, I have the time to do a research of several each day.

Dear Glamourkitty1922,

That is a wonderful way to help. Thank you. You are proving that one person can make a difference.

Again, with thanks,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975