Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

Two random thoughts:

1. I have had a puppy jump from a moving car. It can happen. (Puppy survived with a lot of surgery :( )
2. I frequently go out in slippers. My slippers are sturdy and warm. I don't find the fact she was in slippers odd.

Two random thoughts:

1. I have had a puppy jump from a moving car. It can happen. (Puppy survived with a lot of surgery :( )
2. I frequently go out in slippers. My slippers are sturdy and warm. I don't find the fact she was in slippers odd.
I agree with your words on the slippers. I am in Connecticut and always see high school girls walking home from school in what appears to me to be bedroom slippers. They have rubber soles but the rest of the slipper is furry and soft. That, I am told, is the latest style or fad. With that information in my head, I don't find her slippers odd.
I do find it odd that the driver's side window was part way down. How her puppy crawled across her and out the window without her being able to stop him doesn't make sense to me. I still think, if she and the puppy were in her car, that she must have opened her door for some reason and ran and the puppy followed. Or, they both had been left at the place where her body was found and the car abandoned at the place it was found by someone else.

Hi everyone, I have been following this case at a distance and I just wanted to share my thoughts because this case hits close to home for me.

I grew up with a girl, honors student, great girl, who ended up falling into drugs around 18-19. One night, she took LSD in her home, and ran out into the woods “improperly dressed for the weather”, as described by family and witnesses.

She ended up getting lost in the woods in her pajamas and bare feet, and they found her several days later and determined she passed from exposure and hypothermia.

I saw similarities to this in Karlie Guses case, and now Brooke.

Is it possible she met her boyfriend at walmart to by drugs? That would explain her not being dressed to get out of the car, and walmart is a neutral meeting spot for drug exchanges. Maybe she took something on the way home and things just went really really wrong? Or perhaps smoked a laced substance?

All my opinion and speculation of course, just wanted to share my experience with this.

Did you write this?

Honestly, when I was suicidal and thinking of this, all I knew about it was "you're cold for a bit and then you just feel warm and then you die." It seemed fairly peaceful to me, especially if I took a sleeping bag and just fell asleep in the snow.

I'm glad you are still with us and part of this community. Here's a really interesting article on the science of it on which I based my post. Get Naked and Dig: The Bizarre Effects of Hypothermia

I agree. I don't think her puppy jumped out the window. Just sharing it can happen, unfortunately! Maybe the puppy was about to poop or throw up in the car and she stopped to let him/her out, pup took off running after a squirrel.....?

If she did die of accidental hypothermia, maybe the puppy got away while they were pulled over for a doggie break.

Then she may been driving along calling for the pup out the window. Saw the puppy and pulled partway off the road quickly, and ran after him- planning a quick retrieval. But the puppy didn’t cooperate and may have led her much farther than she planned.

That would explain the window, but I’m still wondering what actually happened.

If she did die of accidental hypothermia, maybe the puppy got away while they were pulled over for a doggie break.

Then she may been driving along calling for the pup out the window. Saw the puppy and pulled partway off the road quickly, and ran after him- planning a quick retrieval. But the puppy didn’t cooperate and may have led her much farther than she planned.

That would explain the window, but I’m still wondering what actually happened.

That's an excellent theory.

Interesting! Thanks :). You are a beautiful writer! (Even if the subject matter is quite dark :) )

I'm glad you are still with us and part of this community. Here's a really interesting article on the science of it on which I based my post. Get Naked and Dig: The Bizarre Effects of Hypothermia

Grace G., you’ve implied the beautifully-written narrative you posted about hypothermia is your own writing (and you’ve even provided a link to a sketchy, poorly-sourced, “science” article on which you based your post).

Perhaps you will also enjoy reading the article linked below, which is called “Frozen Alive.” This piece, written by Peter Stark, appeared in “Outside” magazine in the late 1990s.
Frozen Alive

And here’s some additional info about this very well-known piece of sports/science journalism: https://niemanstoryboard.org/storie...-first-chill-then-stupor-then-the-letting-go/

Brooke shared a article on her fb page that I'll never forget and I'll always remember her. I have no idea why she was found so far from the car. If my dog got loose, I wouldn't stray from my car. All I can think, if she was chasing the pup in the woods she might have gotten hurt. So very sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back