GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

She is very manipulative. when talking to LE it looked to me like she was the one in control

Yeah, I don't think it took much to control CW. He was very .... what's the word? It's not coming to me. But looking at the family videos, CW just looked like he was along for the ride. SW was a strong personality, a go getter, a great mom, a great housekeeper, a great friend, a great daughter, driven to succeed in all things. I think the mistress just stepped in where SW had been. Sans children. I don't think CW ever had a thought even looking close to introspection (like, would he have ever said Is it ME? Like: am I the reason I feel the way I do? Do I even KNOW how I feel?). CW seemed very steamrollable. Easy to steamroll, if you get my drift.

edit for grammar. sigh

Last edited:
Don't shoot me, but I am confused. What does PTL mean? (I checked Websleuths Lingo)

Also, the link appears to be the same written report that we received on Mar 7 - are you saying there's now a transcript somewhere? (If so, that would be wonderful!) :)

MOO
In the context it was used, I think "PTL" is Praise the Lord.

The transcript is 2/18 Confession interview OP said to post in Media but acknowledged it was already posted there. Nothing new! MOO

Last edited:
For me, his interview has made me more confused and have more questions. I just cannot understand why he felt the need to kill Bella and CeCe.
IMO, CW determined the only way that he could start fresh with NK was to murder his entire family. As for SW, I think that he pretended that he was asleep to avoid confrontation with her. She may have awakened him, and they may have had an emotional talk where he said that they could talk further in the morning. When she fell asleep, I believe that he got her in a chokehold as she lay on her side. It takes about four minutes of manual pressure to kill someone. Of course, the person blacks out beforehand, which would make her unconscious and unable to struggle. He knew what he was doing.

I believe that he intended on killing the girls, too. I mean, he knew that they were light sleepers, especially, Bella, so much so that they couldn't even open the garage door without waking them. So, for him to leave the bedroom door unlocked tells me that he was going to kill them anyway.

I think that he had it in his mind that he was going to say that S and he had a talk about divorce, and she left with them, declaring that he would never see any of them again. The story really wouldn't work with her leaving the kids behind. I don't think anyone would have believed it. Plus, two kids would put quite a damper on his new life with NK. She would still feel like second fiddle, and he was very afraid of losing her, at this point.

Where is the link for "all H broke loose in the prison"? I never heard this. When did CW's dad call Shannon's dad, recently? Here I am waiting to hear what his dad says about his confessing killing the kids and then I hear this. Another thing, CW said he was nervous around Shannon. Well then why did he marry her? I am assuming he never dated before? This was his one chance to marry someone?

I'll take a classic straight up Narc over a covert any time, any place. You don't know what a covert narc is really like until you see the patterns. By then, you're probably in a committed relation-shyte with them. And everyone thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread and you're the "crazy" one. Even now people are insisting CW was such a nice guy and Shannan was the villain. See how that works?
IMO
BBM

I agree. Those of us with personal experience (I have extensive experience with passive-aggressive people) can recognize the behavior and habits in about one second. Well, maybe 30 seconds. It doesn't take long to pick up on the passive-aggressive vibe if you've experienced it and knew how to label it, and I got that from CW very quickly.

I didn't pick up on a narc quality of him, though. I had a different vision of how narcs operate and even what they look like, and CW didn't behave the part as I expected. His guilt popped out during the porch interviews, but he is so passive that I didn't "get" that he was a narc until much, much later. People here picked up on it quicker than I did. I will have a sharper eye for it now, after this case.

What is the difference between passive-aggressive and narc? Can we pinpoint that?

jmo

"An affair with a manipulative, bipolar woman?"

I'm not sure what being bipolar has to do with anything? I've also never heard anything to lead me to believe she is bipolar. Even if she was, that's not something you can hold as a negative against her. Nobody chooses to have a mental illness.

Where is the link for "all H broke loose in the prison"? I never heard this. When did CW's dad call Shannon's dad, recently? Here I am waiting to hear what his dad says about his confessing killing the kids and then I hear this. Another thing, CW said he was nervous around Shannon. Well then why did he marry her? I am assuming he never dated before? This was his one chance to marry someone?
CW's statement that he was always nervous around Shan'ann.......almost verbatim of what his mother said on that putrid interview when she wore that pink top, remember, way back when She and hubby were badmouthing SW. She said he was always nervous around SW. He didn't look nervous in all of those videos, and no one else has claimed that he was always nervous, so I think it was one of those ideas planted into his robot mind by Mom. Like when he referred to "nutgate".

People are posting about his EQ being so low and looking up about love.

The man in Rhode Island killed his loving mother as well as a very loving grandfather.

People are making all kinds of diagnoses. This may be another because of the EQ

For money (your story). He probably loved them, in his own way, too. You know what surprises me? CW does seem to have lots of things that are "off", and he confuses sex with love, most adult men would be past this phase, and he Googles "how to say I love you", however...

Am I the only one who feels that at a certain level, some expectations related to career advancement related to NK also played the role for CW?

We all have witnessed such situations, or read about them. A man falls desperately in love, for many reasons, but the prestige, the position puts the object of his love on an additional pedestal. "The Great Gatsby" (or other Fitzgerald's novels) might provide the examples of such complicated feelings.

So, just one more angle in CW's portrait. Does anyone see it, or am I totally wrong here?

And what role did money and the house play in CW's decision to kill Shanann? How much did his decision to get rid of the family had to do with calculated spreadsheet, "here is life today, in debt, here is how it will be post-divorce, here is how it will be without them"?

They say most family annihilators have financial struggles.

The video is on Dr. Phil's FB: Dr. Phil

Thank you so much PommyMommy ❤️❤️

Edit:
I want to take them into my arms... my god, so heartbreaking. But for a moment I felt kind of "happiness", that Shannan and her babies were so deeply loved. That love was not a lie or a construct, it was unconditional and this is a wonderful thing, I'm glad that happend to them, because they deserved nothing else more than this.

Last edited:
JMO, I've followed this case from day one, and my thoughts are that a perfect storm was created by the affair between CW and NK. I'm not sure it's possible to even try to understand the big picture of what happened without discussing the affair, and NK. She is permanently a part of this because she is the reason he murdered his family. He wanted to be with her...she deleted all communications between her and CW from her cell phone before she went to LE. She was not immediately fully cooperative. She lied...
NK has the nerve to get a makeover and lie during the interview that she gave. She is not a natural beauty, IMO, and probably had a photo of SW in front of her, saying, "Make me look as close to this photo as possible." I know that she didn't do that; however, I really feel that she studied the way that SW looked.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that the only reason that she went to LE was that she discovered Anadarko handed over the racy email communication that C and she had on company computers. It was a matter of time. I also think that this is the reason that they fired her--because she used company time and company property as part of her x-rated escapades.

For money (your story). He probably loved them, in his own way, too. You know what surprises me? CW does seem to have lots of things that are "off", and he confuses sex with love, most adult men would be past this phase, and he Googles "how to say I love you", however...

Am I the only one who feels that at a certain level, some expectations related to career advancement related to NK also played the role for CW?

We all have witnessed such situations, or read about them. A man falls desperately in love, for many reasons, but the prestige, the position puts the object of his love on an additional pedestal. "The Great Gatsby" (or other Fitzgerald's novels) might provide the examples of such complicated feelings.

So, just one more angle in CW's portrait. Does anyone see it, or am I totally wrong here?

And what role did money and the house play in CW's decision to kill Shanann? How much did his decision to get rid of the family had to do with calculated spreadsheet, "here is life today, in debt, here is how it will be post-divorce, here is how it will be without them"?

They say most family annihilators have financial struggles.
It occurred to me long ago that at various points in their relationship they probably ruminated on how well 2 people with professional salaries could live. She had a science degree, she probably made more than he did.

Plus she tried to brush off his advances and he was persistent. So SOMETHING about her attracted him.

He added: "The thing that struck me was the kind of extraordinary ways that men thought up to kill their children.

"They jumped from bridges with children in their arms; they drove into canals with children in the backseats. These were extraordinary histrionic, controlling ways of committing murder.

The way Chris killed his children fits this description IMO.

Study describes family killer types

Here's some more insight on family annihilators. I was inspired after seeing some opinions elsewhere that deny CW had underlying issues that led to this, not of any fault of his victims.

Annihilators are overwhelmingly male (95 percent, he estimates), and mostly white and middle-aged. They feel inadequate as men and have often suffered childhood abuse. Having felt powerless as kids, many try to exert strict control over their households and seek to create an idealized version of family that they never experienced. When the economy is in decline, jobs are scarce, tensions are high, and the control these men seek becomes harder to maintain.

CW may not have wanted the responsibility of SW and his girls anymore, but he certainly didn't want them being happy and successful without him or hating him for his actions (cheating, breaking up the family).

Also, he has even admitted he failed as a husband and father by not manning up during nutgate and defending them against his family. That whole situation I'm sure is part of the equation of him feeling like he wasn't living up to his role as a strong family man.

Inside the Mind of Family Annihilators

Last edited:
Hi KayKay543, is there some published account of this I can read? Sorry, I've been gone and don't see it on the previous couple of pages, maybe someone posted it over the weekend.

I saw it on the news about a day after the interviews broke. HLN maybe? One of the talking heads was talking about the prison after the interviews went public. They said before he was allowed in general population but now they had to put back him into solitary.

Here's one more:

It’s unusual that the wife wasn’t killed, said Levin, the Northeastern University criminologist, since “typically, it’s the spouse who’s blamed for all of the killer’s personal miseries.”

Levin believes revenge is the primary motive for family annihilation.

“He kills the children in order to get revenge, a sweet revenge against his wife. He wants to kill everything associated with her — everything that she loved, everything that he identified with her.”

Experts have profile of fathers who kill family

Flood - who, it is believed, was under financial pressure - was described by regulars at his local pub as being "quiet and reserved", "a private man". But here lies the problem. These are men who have huge difficulty expressing or identifying emotions - at least verbally. Replace "quiet" and "reserved" with "inhibited" and "repressed" and you start to hit the mark. When something happens to these men, such as their wife leaving them or going into debt, all hell breaks loose - literally.

Kate Hilpern investigates what makes some men murder their own children

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members