Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo was taken years ago.
Even if he did still have the get-up, I doubt it would fit anymore.
Good point about the oldness of the pic. I'm so frustrated about the spiderweb concealing his face. Is annoying that this pair of legs is all we have to go on!

After a few days of the initial searches, I remember thinking that this case had the potential to be big, certainly right up there with the most prominent UK missing persons cases of the last couple of decades. Sadly, it feels like it's headed that way.

Well, I managed to get a seat at the back of courtroom 3.
Pawel was wearing the same grey tracksuit that he has worn at all 3 court appearances.

He seemed calmer today, probably because he was sat with his interpreter, rather than stood up, talking through glass.
He did look quite tired, and was just staring straight ahead, occasionally nodding, whilst his interpreter spoke in his ear. He only gave the public gallery a quick side glance once, as he was leaving, followed by a huge deep breath through his nostrils.
His interpreter from the first Magistrates hearing also attended and sat in the public gallery.

Two plain clothed police attended (wearing Humberside Police Lanyards).
One had a notebook, and only wrote in it once, when Pawel’s custody time limit was mentioned, which is the 5th September.
Thank you so much!

It’s exactly the same grey tracksuit he wore on his first Magistrates appearance after being in police custody. Probably got arrested in it.
It’s likely prison issue. I imagine police stations can issue this for longer stay residents too. However, I do think that when you are in custody awaiting trial you would have the option of dressing smart for the court if you so wish.

It’s likely prison issue. I imagine police stations can issue this for longer stay residents too. However, I do think that when you are in custody awaiting trial you would have the option of dressing smart for the court if you so wish.
Prison issue are plain, his had a logo on the sleeve. He is permitted to wear his own clothes whilst on remand, not just for court. I’d have thought his sister would have bought him a couple of different outfits for his court appearances. Unless her and the rest of his family have washed their hands of him.

Prison issue are plain, his had a logo on the sleeve. He is permitted to wear his own clothes whilst on remand, not just for court. I’d have thought his sister would have bought him a couple of different outfits for his court appearances. Unless her and the rest of his family have washed their hands of him.
I guess the time to look smart is when you're up before the jury and on trial. Even so I'd have thought somebody would have brought him something different in even if it wasn't smart. His wife or sister or a mate.

Looks like they could have washed their hands (you said he looked like he expected somebody to be there at his first appearance but nobody was).

I find that a bit odd because I think my initial reaction if it was a member of my family or my husband would be that they could never do anything like that. That would change with the evidence but I'm sure initially you'd believe the person you knew and loved. Maybe there were misgivings there already?

I would not be surprised if PR ends up trying to take or even taking his own life

He is likely never going to see his wife or kids again, his employment prospects are incredibly bleak, can see him wondering what he has left to live for

I hope it doesn’t happen as Libby’s parents deserve justice

I guess the time to look smart is when you're up before the jury and on trial. Even so I'd have thought somebody would have brought him something different in even if it wasn't smart. His wife or sister or a mate.

Looks like they could have washed their hands (you said he looked like he expected somebody to be there at his first appearance but nobody was).

I find that a bit odd because I think my initial reaction if it was a member of my family or my husband would be that they could never do anything like that. That would change with the evidence but I'm sure initially you'd believe the person you knew and loved. Maybe there were misgivings there already?
I thought a family member would have gone to support him as well. Maybe they know that he is a perv.
When his mum was being interviewed and was in tears I got the impression it was because she probably had a feeling that he's abducted Libby and was upset that her son was a murderer.
If my son got arrested on suspicion of abduction and I thought he had nothing to do with it, I'd be angry I wouldn't be crying my eyes out. But everyone's different I suppose.

I would not be surprised if PR ends up trying to take or even taking his own life

He is likely never going to see his wife or kids again, his employment prospects are incredibly bleak, can see him wondering what he has left to live for

I would hope and assume that LE are conscious of this possibility and will take precautions to make sure that something like that cannot happen. Not only for the sake of Libby's family getting justice, but also because LE would massively come under fire for letting that happen while he's under their watch.

The grey tracksuit will have been prison-issued, rather than his own. On the subject of the grey tracksuit bottoms/boot-like shoes in the spidercam footage, does anyone else suspect it might be the same get-up PR is wearing in the attached pic?
Apologies Pisces, a member with a lot more legal knowledge than myself has informed me that you are correct. Apparently he is not entitled to wear his own clothing just yet. But he could have at least ironed it!

He's been out at night waving his willy round and stealing knickers, possibly far, far worse if LE are correct. I'm struggling to square that with the image of a loving father bereft at missing loving evenings of bedtime stories and cocoa with the wife.

Hopefully he's on suicide watch if he is a risk but I can't see it myself.

This thought crossed my mind after Joelle described his manner in court last week. That sounded like nervous, resigned and dejected to me. I was conflicted thinking there must be an arrogance with the not guilty plea, but as has been explained here it sounds as though that plea at this stage would be a given and might change once his lawyer has an opportunity to study the evidence against him.

We’ve had high profile prisoners choose this way out in the past. You’d hope it couldn’t happen but it does.

It would be very sad for LS family IF he is guilty to not see justice done.

That said, all he has to feel worried about at present is 12 relatively minor burglary and flashing offences. He could be out in no time. His wife and family might have abandoned him but he’s very young and could move abroad and begin his adult life again. It would not be easy to forge a meaningful career, but I reckon it would be simple enough to pick up manual labour or factory work in Europe without too much proof of ID or background checks required.

Indictable only Offences - the time limit is 182 days from the date a case is sent under s.51 Crime and Disorder Act 1998, less any time spent in custody (if remanded by the magistrates' court) prior to sending (Regulation 5 (6B)).

(From the CPS Website)
But can be extended I think? Depending on crime?

This thought crossed my mind after Joelle described his manner in court last week. That sounded like nervous, resigned and dejected to me. I was conflicted thinking there must be an arrogance with the not guilty plea, but as has been explained here it sounds as though that plea at this stage would be a given and might change once his lawyer has an opportunity to study the evidence against him.

We’ve had high profile prisoners choose this way out in the past. You’d hope it couldn’t happen but it does.

It would be very sad for LS family IF he is guilty to not see justice done.

That said, all he has to feel worried about at present is 12 relatively minor burglary and flashing offences. He could be out in no time. His wife and family might have abandoned him but he’s very young and could move abroad and begin his adult life again. It would not be easy to forge a meaningful career, but I reckon it would be simple enough to pick up manual labour or factory work in Europe without too much proof of ID or background checks required.
The thought fills me with fear and dread.

For this type of appearance he would not have the opportunity to 'dress up'.

He would simply be taken from his cell, transferred to the court, appear and then be returned.

But surely pleading 'not guilty' he would want to show he's respectable? I don't see that here, he sounds resigned to a life in prison JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member