Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is saying something, because when it comes to fireworks in Germany, near enough anything goes
Not really. There are rather strict rules for fireworks in Germany. Anything with a bigger effect than a children's toy is generally prohibited and is only allowed for a few days around New Year's Eve.
No homemade fireworks in the garden for your birthday party

If he is involved with organized crime, that could also be a factor in the disappearance of Rebecca, so the sooner he comes clean the better it is for the investigation. There is no excuse for keeping silent to protect himself or family from dangerous drug dealers after a family member has vanished.

Unless in his mindset he's thinking they already have Rebecca, If I don't keep my mouth shut they will have my 2 year old , and then my wife ...that might keep a person quiet, depending on how much he trusts police protection!

Unless in his mindset he's thinking they already have Rebecca, If I don't keep my mouth shut they will have my 2 year old , and then my wife ...that might keep a person quiet, depending on how much he trusts police protection!

I guess I see it from a different perspective. If he is involved with a dangerous drug gang and they have his sister-in-law, then keeping quiet in the past did not protect his family. It doesn't seem logical that keeping quiet after the abduction will help to protect anyone.

On the other hand, I don't believe that this has anything to do with drugs or gangs. I missed the article connecting the brother-in-law to drugs. I think that the brother-in-law is responsible for Rebecca's disappearance and that his trip on Feb 18-19 to the Polish border is related to disposing of her body. If his parents live in the area, then her body is very likely in one of the places that he knows from living in the area.

Not really. There are rather strict rules for fireworks in Germany. Anything with a bigger effect than a children's toy is generally prohibited and is only allowed for a few days around New Year's Eve.

That's not my experience. The Netherlands has banned a lot of German fireworks and Dutch people still buy them legally over there and then smuggle them in because they want 'louder bangs'. On top of that Germany is a hotbed for illegal fireworks which seems barely enforced (or maybe they do try but the dealers outsmart them) and again, lots of Dutch people go to Germany to buy these illegal fireworks and smuggle them in. Meanwhile we're dealing with near hand grenade strength fireworks thrown around in the streets by bored youths. It's a miracle not more people die during new year's. You fly over the border doing 80mph on a normal day but around new year's special checkpoints are set up and all cars coming in from Germany are being searched for illegal fireworks. Of course the many back roads can't all be checked so lots of it still gets in.

That's not my experience. The Netherlands has banned a lot of German fireworks and Dutch people still buy them legally over there and then smuggle them in because they want 'louder bangs'. On top of that Germany is a hotbed for illegal fireworks which seems barely enforced (or maybe they do try but the dealers outsmart them) and again, lots of Dutch people go to Germany to buy these illegal fireworks and smuggle them in. Meanwhile we're dealing with near hand grenade strength fireworks thrown around in the streets by bored youths. It's a miracle not more people die during new year's. You fly over the border doing 80mph on a normal day but around new year's special checkpoints are set up and all cars coming in from Germany are being searched for illegal fireworks. Of course the many back roads can't all be checked so lots of it still gets in.

Still, the brother-in-law has a conviction for something related to Polish fireworks, so there is clearly some oversight.

Still, the brother-in-law has a conviction for something related to Polish fireworks, so there is clearly some oversight.

Oh sure, there is. I've been wondering what he did to get that conviction though. There are so many Germans who get heavy duty fireworks from Poland; Dutch who get them from Germany and Belgium, etc., that it's hardly anything shocking. He must have been caught in a 'new year's checkpoint', or have had so much that neighbors reported him out of safety concerns. There are no border checks so it's hardly a feat getting them from one country to another, and it only moves up the LE priority list in December. The days where people are allowed to set off fireworks aren't enforced well either. Almost the entire month of December is like a war zone with explosions... people here seem to have accepted it. I hate it and don't go anywhere that youths hang out (mall entrances etc) or anywhere at all, really, and definitely only by car (no walking or biking). Above is all MOO/my experience.

A question - does anyone know what year the Twingo is? The older ones have more room in the trunk than the newer models... just out of curiosity but also thinking of whether Rebecca was transported alive or not... just pondering a few details atm.

You wrote the magic word yourself: illegal.

OT: I spent 3 years living in The Netherlands and have some horror memories about Dutch NYEs. The kids in the building were using up their firework supplies for days after NYE, it was explosions all day every day for the first week of January. But I'm not a NYE person myself, I prefer Koninginnendag (I know, now it's Koningsdag) :DDD

Good question..I googled it:

"One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation."
The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene

Thank you!!!

Not in my experience I guess. But agreed New Years Eve is where everything gets fairly over the top.

I am not saying the brother in law is innocent or guilty. However, there is another angle to this:

-Rebecca has one Instagram account with photos of her as a regular 14 year old under her name Rebecca.Reusch. She has 255 followers. Most likely family, friends and acquaintances.

-She has a second Instagram account with a moniker other than her regular name. The same Instagram account her sister removed photos from. On this account she has almost 36,000 followers. I don't have any adult friends with as much as 1000 followers let alone a 14 year old with 36,000 followers. Imagine the creeps among the 36,000 followers, and it isn't too tough to ascertain her real name on that account if you know your way around Instagram.

Instagram is a marketing tool for your brand when you engage that many followers. She is only 14, has she been looking for fame?

I am linking an article that gives advice how to get your first 1000 followers: How To Get Your First 1000 Engaged Followers on Instagram

In A nut shell "How to get your first 1,000 followers on Instagram"

3. Look for your audience
5. Post the content interesting to your audience
6. Be consistent
8. Use the right hashtags
10. Post Videos and stories

I am not saying the brother in law is innocent or guilty. However, there is another angle to this:

-Rebecca has one Instagram account with photos of her as a regular 14 year old under her name Rebecca.Reusch. She has 255 followers. Most likely family, friends and acquaintances.

-She has a second Instagram account with a moniker other than her regular name. The same Instagram account her sister removed photos from. On this account she has almost 36,000 followers. I don't have any adult friends with as much as 1000 followers let alone a 14 year old with 36,000 followers. Imagine the creeps among the 36,000 followers, and it isn't too tough to ascertain her real name on that account if you know your way around Instagram.

Instagram is a marketing tool for your brand when you engage that many followers. She is only 14, has she been looking for fame?

I am linking an article that gives advice how to get your first 1000 followers: How To Get Your First 1000 Engaged Followers on Instagram

6. Be consistent

The question of whether she was taken in the middle of the night has a problem with her phone being at the house at the same time that the brother-in-law said that she had already left for school (7:15 - sister, 8:30 - mom).

Or picked up in the morning by some creep she met through Instagram, at 14 she is unassuming. Perhaps she left carrying her favorite blanket and realized she left her phone behind and went back for it later, when the BIL was sleeping or not even there. The creep could have immediately took it away from her before she could respond.

A predator for example depending how they gained her trust would say something to the effect "Give me your phone I am taking you to meet someone famous and they don't want anyone taking pictures or recording them blah blah"

Or she dropped it when he was getting her to the car in the yard (it would still be in router connection distance) and the predator went back and picked it up.

A 14 year old on Instagram with that many followers has me reeling. It's a hunting ground for predators.

Last edited:

6. Be consistent
Does anybody recall how many followers the account had on day one? If the sister has access over the account maybe she is accepting all follow requests to help Rebecca’s story gain traction in SM.

I am not sure the other account you mention with only a few followers is actually Rebecca’s...there are many, many accounts now with variations on her name etc. Could you please link the one you have found? SM links for the missing person are allowed :)

She is only 14, has she been looking for fame?

It was said in one of the first articles that she wants to be an airline hostess or a model. In the beginning of this case I was actually entertaining the idea for a while that she went missing on purpose so that her photos get more exposure. But now it's been too long ... I don't believe that anymore.

I guess I see it from a different perspective. If he is involved with a dangerous drug gang and they have his sister-in-law, then keeping quiet in the past did not protect his family. It doesn't seem logical that keeping quiet after the abduction will help to protect anyone.

On the other hand, I don't believe that this has anything to do with drugs or gangs. I missed the article connecting the brother-in-law to drugs. I think that the brother-in-law is responsible for Rebecca's disappearance and that his trip on Feb 18-19 to the Polish border is related to disposing of her body.

If his parents live in the area, then her body is very likely in one of the places that he knows from living in the area.
The last sentence above is a VERY good point!
<<Thumb Up>>

It was said in one of the first articles that she wants to be an airline hostess or a model. In the beginning of this case I was actually entertaining the idea for a while that she went missing on purpose so that her photos get more exposure. But now it's been too long ... I don't believe that anymore.
and we did suggest a theory (at the beginning of the case) that she could have been lured out of the house by a "photographer" with nefarious motives...

Does anybody recall how many followers the account had on day one? If the sister has access over the account maybe she is accepting all follow requests to help Rebecca’s story gain traction in SM.

I am not sure the other account you mention with only a few followers is actually Rebecca’s...there are many, many accounts now with variations on her name etc. Could you please link the one you have found? SM links for the missing person are allowed :)

Rebecca's account with 255 followers has missing posters, etc. Her account with 36,000 followers has none only 3 photos left there of her there all made up looking older than she is. Therefore I do not believe the followers showed up after she went missing, as I said she is not using the name she is known by Rebecca Reusch on that Instagram account. So people would not know to go there.

Elainera there has been speculation by some it's for publicity. Agreed, I hope that is not the case after this length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong