GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Sandy said the Watts did not ask for any of the children’s belongings when they asked to get Chris’s trophies and jersey. You could see that caused her pain, she wants them to love the grandchildren as much as she does. There are so many peripheral elements they are having to deal with from SM to the Watts degrading their daughter.
Everything about this is heart shattering.

Please forgive me if this has already been stated and or if it's out of line but he states he didn't end up killing himself because he didn't want to hurt any other people in the area of the oil tanks, but, especially being that he was already in the truck, there is an easier way to do it.. this is fact ..from which they would all just drift into a peaceful sleep. The ONLY reason I say this is that his excuse for not offing himself is that he supposedly did not want to hurt anyone else in the process?? He killed the people that were the most important in his life, albeit he did not realize nor appreciate them as that. His confession has a lot of inaccuracies to facts and reasoning but this has got to be the most obviously clear example that he definitely is narcissistic and selfish Imo.

Last edited:
Yes, however there are many people with high functioning autism such as Asperger's that have high IQs and a lack of empathy. To get personal, I dated one. He is an engineer and was diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (many serial killers have been diagnosed with it as well) as a child at 8 years old but then that was declared as a misdiagnosis and he was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.

In fact, my husband is an introvert, lacks empathy, went to an Ivy League college (graduated with a 4.0 in engineering and received a masters in it as well), and he definitely could have Asperger's but has not been diagnosed with it.

However, people on the autism spectrum are not violent people and so it gets dangerous when people arm-chair diagnose and attempt to correlate aspects of autism with murderers. Do you know what I mean?

People diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder usually have a historical pattern of behavioral problems. Additionally, they have a lack of empathy and some are known to also possess a high IQ, which makes it easy to confuse this disorder for Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Asperger Syndrome.

There are several cases on WS of killers with autism.They are not exempt

Please forgive me if this is already been stated and or if it's out of line but he states he didn't end up killing himself because he didn't want to hurt any other people in the area of the oil tanks, but, especially being that he was already in the truck, there is an easier way to do it.. this is fact ..from which they would all just drift into a peaceful sleep. The ONLY reason I say this is that his excuse for not offing himself is that he supposedly did not want to hurt anyone else in the process?? He killed the people that we're the most important in his life, albeit he did not realize nor appreciate them as that. His confession has a lot of inaccuracies to facts and reasoning but this has got to be the most obvious clear that he definitely is narcissistic and selfish Imo.

You must have forgotten. He is a nice guy.

There are several cases on WS of killers with autism.They are not exempt
I'm not saying "they are exempt". I am saying that it is a dangerous presupposition to attempt to correlate an Autism diagnosis with the potential to commit a crime. It's been studied and people with Autism are not violent.

This article is an insightful read and explains it in laymen's terms:
The Link Between Autism and Violence Isn’t Autism

"The authors concluded that what appears to be a link between autism and violent crime is actually explained by other psychiatric disorders, including ADHD and Conduct Disorder.

For those unfamiliar with the diagnosis, Conduct Disorder is a psychiatric disorder that describes people who tend to frequently break rules and violate the rights of others. In many ways, it is a diagnosis that explicitly describes criminal behavior. At the risk of getting a little technical, it is a bit statistically funky to include essentially criminal behavior as an independent predictor of other criminal behavior but the fact that co-occurring ADHD also diminishes the link between autism and violence lends some additional credence that it is not autism per se that is driving the association with violent crime. About 25% of the autism group also met criteria for ADHD while only about 4% met criteria for conduct disorder.

The bottom line for this study was that it does not appear that autism on its own is a risk factor for becoming violent against other people.

96% of the individuals with an autism diagnosis (with many also meeting criteria for another diagnosis as well) were not convicted of any violent offense. "

Last edited:
I'm not saying "they are exempt". I am saying that it is a dangerous presupposition to attempt to correlate an Autism diagnosis with the potential to commit a crime. It's been studied and people with Autism are not violent.

This article is an insightful read and explains it in laymen's terms:
The Link Between Autism and Violence Isn’t Autism

"The authors concluded that what appears to be a link between autism and violent crime is actually explained by other psychiatric disorders, including ADHD and Conduct Disorder."

I do ‘t think anyone says that autism causes violence.

What I am saying is that a person can have autism and be violent like several killers are here on WS

Shan’ann Watts’ Mother: ‘I Want To Be On A Mission To Hug Every Woman That’s Missed A Child’

Father Of Murder Victim Shan’ann Watts Reveals What He’d Say To Son-In-Law, Chris, If Given The Chance
This is all tearing me up. <modsnip> My hat is off to the Rzuceks. So much respect and love for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
CW maintains his nice guy persona darn near thru the whole thing. But, IMO, he does slip when he's asked if Bella heard something and he says "obviously" in a smart *advertiser censored* way and then adds "I think" as an afterthought so LE would still think he's a "good guy." Did anyone else catch that?

HE said he had an IQ of 135 ish. I dont believe it.

Not long ago I was present when someone had their IQ test results told to them. I had read the entire assessment result, they had not. The evaluator told the person about the parts they did well on and put some numbers to that. She did not give numbers for the parts they didn’t do as well on, but mentioned them as areas that were weaker. She never gave an overall score verbally. The person could have walked away with an impression they did better than they actually did.
Yes, however there are many people with high functioning autism such as Asperger's that have high IQs and a lack of empathy. To get personal, I dated one. He is an engineer and was diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (many serial killers have been diagnosed with it as well) as a child at 8 years old but then that was declared as a misdiagnosis and he was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.

In fact, my husband is an introvert, lacks empathy, went to an Ivy League college (graduated with a 4.0 in engineering and received a masters in it as well), and he definitely could have Asperger's but has not been diagnosed with it.

However, people on the autism spectrum are not violent people and so it gets dangerous when people arm-chair diagnose and attempt to correlate aspects of autism with murderers. Do you know what I mean?

People diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder usually have a historical pattern of behavioral problems. Additionally, they have a lack of empathy and some are known to also possess a high IQ, which makes it easy to confuse this disorder for Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Asperger Syndrome.

Don’t you think, though, that people with Asperger’s generally present differently from people with psychopathy? Also, do you really think that autism means lack of empathy? My understanding is that it’s a lack of theory of mind. I expect these can look similar at first glance, but even thinking of an autistic person I spend time with, it’s clear that he is a nice person but often doesn’t understand various situations.

Would you actually rather people not be able to discuss these issues?

It is a common misperception that people on the autism spectrum cannot empathize with others, but it is not true.

People with Autism Can Read Emotions, Feel Empathy

We May Have Been Wrong About Autism And Empathy | HuffPost

While he seems a bit of an anomaly, I can see where he may have felt was under pressure from all angles. I just don't understand that it seems no one thinks his parents were also victims. Yes of themselves, their emotional immaturity is striking imo, but Judge Marcelo Kopcow ruled his parents are considered victims of the crime because they are the girls’ grandparents. So I wonder why the double standard in a "victim friendly" forum.

I don't know how they grieve. grief is very personal. But I don't doubt that they are grieving.
I think we are allowed to discuss them because of the horrible things they’ve said and done. I will freely admit that I have a hard time seeing them as victims. When they should have reached out in a spirit of love, they chose hate and lies. Hard to forgive that.

Not long ago I was present when someone had their IQ test results told to them. I had read the entire assessment result, they had not. The evaluator told the person about the parts they did well on and put some numbers to that. She did not give numbers for the parts they didn’t do as well on, but mentioned them as areas that were weaker. She never gave an overall score verbally. The person could have walked away with an impression they did better than they actually did.

Don’t you think, though, that people with Asperger’s generally present differently from people with psychopathy? Also, do you really think that autism means lack of empathy? My understanding is that it’s a lack of theory of mind. I expect these can look similar at first glance, but even thinking of an autistic person I spend time with, it’s clear that he is a nice person but often doesn’t understand various situations.

Would you actually rather people not be able to discuss these issues?

It's well known that people with Asperger Syndrome (now classified as an High-Functioning Autism on the Autism Spectrum Disorders) have a lack of empathy.

Read this published medical journal on Asperger Syndrome/High Functioning Autism or symptoms of Autism on Mayo Clinic.
Asperger’s Syndrome in Adulthood

"Difficulties often arise especially in relationships (8). Because of their lack of empathy, persons with Asperger’s syndrome may have difficulties to make contact with potential partners in an appropriate way. In a developing or existing relationship they may appear selfish or cold. The patients often experience the demands that are associated with relationships—a desire for more intense communication or mutual sympathy—as a strain.

The neuroscientific term "theory of mind" presents a model of the capacity for empathy. This is the ability to imagine, on the one hand, that other people have their own ideas, thoughts, and emotions, and on the other hand, the ability to empathize with these. Persons with Asperger’s syndrome have substantial deficits in this respect. Neurophysiologically, the theory of mind apparently correlates with different areas in the brain, such as the medial prefrontal cortex (17). In adult patients with Asperger’s syndrome, functional imaging has shown that the execution of tasks testing theory of mind was accompanied by reduced activity in the left medial prefrontal cortex (18).
Of particular importance for the ability to empathize and thus for the theory of mind is the mirror neuron system. This neural network becomes active during certain activities but is also activated—unconsciously and involuntarily—when this activity is being observed in another person (21). We can assume that the mirror neuron system is impaired in persons with Asperger’s syndrome (22)."

I saw it on the news about a day after the interviews broke. HLN maybe? One of the talking heads was talking about the prison after the interviews went public. They said before he was allowed in general population but now they had to put back him into solitary.
Just my opinion, of course...but I think he belongs "under the general population."

I can’t diagnose him because I am not a medical professional. I can still say I think he is a psychopath. I don’t think it does the public much good if there’s some kind of total silence around that. Although armchair diagnoses get really tiresome sometimes, I think on balance it’s more valuable for people to become familiar with what it looks like when someone lacks empathy to an extreme extent, and to understand that these people can come across just like everyone else (until they don’t).
bbm

Very true! It does help spot them if you know what to look for though. Even all the reading up you can do, still doesn't quite school a person as well as having been in a relationship with one.

Like Mark twain said; "A man who's had a Tiger By the tail, know's a lot more about Tigers, than one who's read about them in a book!"

They can seem so "Human". Often they present as very appealing, ( Like fake fruit!). It can hard to put your finger on because they look good, but feel bad. They have such a shallow emotional affect. Like Mozart, played on a child's toy piano. recognizable perhaps, but does not resonate within the soul.

Last edited:
I can’t diagnose him because I am not a medical professional. I can still say I think he is a psychopath. I don’t think it does the public much good if there’s some kind of total silence around that. Although armchair diagnoses get really tiresome sometimes, I think on balance it’s more valuable for people to become familiar with what it looks like when someone lacks empathy to an extreme extent, and to understand that these people can come across just like everyone else (until they don’t).

I think we want to call Chris Watts a psychopath because, never mind what the medical books say, it's the name we've chosen for one who does the unthinkable, the crime we can't wrap a normal mind around.

There should be (and maybe there is) a name for pure evil.

If someone who can look his children in the eyes through a rear view mirror for 45 minutes and then squeeze the life out of them (with one begging him not to) is not pure evil then we haven't seen it yet. God help us.

I think we want to call Chris Watts a psychopath because, never mind what the medical books say, it's the name we've chosen for one who does the unthinkable, the crime we can't wrap a normal mind around.

There should be (and maybe there is) a name for pure evil.

If someone who can look his children in the eyes through a rear view mirror for 45 minutes and then squeeze the life out of them (with one begging him not to) is not pure evil then we haven't seen it yet. God help us.

I think there is a tendency for people to call someone a "Narcissist", "Psychopath", or "Mentally Ill" when they're actually pure sadistic and evil. Mental illness does not make someone violent.

Again, as I posted above, when a person is violent, it's usually due to what medical professionals call "Conduct Disorder" (or Antisocial Personality Disorder) or simply, plain evil.

A person can have co-morbidities of mental illness such as ADHD but commit a crime out of pure evil rather than as a result of their mental illness.

Read about Antisocial Personality Disorder on Mayo Clinic (WebMD tends to refer to this as "Conduct Disorder"):

Antisocial personality disorder - Symptoms and causes

"Adults with antisocial personality disorder typically show symptoms of conduct disorder before the age of 15. Signs and symptoms of conduct disorder include serious, persistent behavior problems, such as:
  • Aggression toward people and animals
  • Destruction of property
  • Deceitfulness
  • Theft
  • Serious violation of rules

The exact cause of antisocial personality disorder isn't known, but:
    • Genes may make you vulnerable to developing antisocial personality disorder — and life situations may trigger its development
    • Changes in the way the brain functions may have resulted during brain development
  • Prevention
    • There's no sure way to prevent antisocial personality disorder from developing in those at risk. Because antisocial behavior is thought to have its roots in childhood, parents, teachers and pediatricians may be able to spot early warning signs. It may help to try to identify those most at risk, such as children who show signs of conduct disorder, and then offer early intervention.

• Early, effective and appropriate discipline, lessons in behavior modification, social and problem-solving skills, parent training, family therapy, and psychotherapy may help reduce the chance that at-risk children go on to become adults with antisocial personality disorder."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member