GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! This was not a "social" call (as much as CW seemed to enjoy it as if it were...)
Exactly. But the appearance of a “social call,” served them well.

No cameras, no audio equipment, just a few old friends having a friendly chat.

Of course this was recorded.

A great deal of psychology was employed here.

Yes it was. It wasn't initiated by Chris. The officers just appeared he had no knowledge they were coming.
Everyone was surprised he agreed to talk Some thought he would never would
I think he might be getting therapy in prison and might be on some meds making him more agreeable to answer questions. He didn't know it was going to be released to the public
I might get daggers but I don't think it was right to trick him and I don't think the officers should do this to anyone else either. Dirty tactics. Why not just be upfront
He is getting therapy/counseling but refused meds.
MOO

Oh no, sorry about that! I don't see the full episode up yet on his FB or YouTube, but it is on YouTube if you search for it (I can't link it per TOS). :(
MOO
Thanks anyway, PM. I appreciate you trying.

I did search youtube but can't find it.

I rarely watch DP as he annoys me so much, but I actually took a late lunch last week so I could go home and watch part 1. Shoulda done the same thing today, I guess.

Ronny was right in there bashing SW along with Cindy on TV, but not during the confession if you are limiting it to that short time period in the police room. He even said just last week that it was "all over" and didn't want his son to speak to the detectives, even tho he already had. Ronny, imo, wanted it to remain with the implication floating around that his son was innocent of the child murders.

Yep!

Agreed. I listened to every bit of it :( and I must admit that as repellent as he is, I'm pretty fascinated with him as a "specimen", for lack of a better word. He did strike me as pretty lonely and desperate for their comaraderie, simulated acceptance, and feigned friendship.

They know him, and must have assessed that he was very likely to be receptive to their presence.

Letting him know in advance, was too great a risk, and wouldn’t have maximized the potential to extract the truth.
And, he was receptive. When Coder asked him if he would speak to them, CW said, "definitely."
MOO

And started off with the disarmingly easy questions asking about affairs they suspect he didn't actually have...MOO

And started off with the disarmingly easy questions asking about affairs they suspect he didn't actually have...MOO
Yup.

General stuff about prison life.

A comfortable set of questions that they knew he wouldn’t be bothered by (affairs he didn’t have).

Then a slow progression into more difficult topics.

This didn’t come out of nowhere, and would have been meticulously planned.

Likely with the help of FBI profilers, the CBI would have developed a strategy.

They apparently believed that by showing up unannounced, and not allowing him the time to think of potential lies in advance, they could get the most out of him.

They were right.

Even the way they asked the questions would have been planned, to include the order, delivery, and proper body language.

This wasn’t left it chance, nor was it done on a whim.

There was nothing dirty about getting a triple murdering child killer to talk.

Especially because he was under no obligation to do so.

But they didn't tell him he was being taped and would be shown to the media

But they didn't tell him he was being taped and would be shown to the media
Yup, and they couldn’t, not if they wanted to get the most out of him.

That would have potentially crippled their chance at success.

Way too big a risk.

They violated no laws, and finally gave Shanann’s family a measure of closure.

I'm still not sure I buy that CW didn't know the professionals were coming.

I don't know why they would lie about this but tell me why these well-paid people would fly to the middle of nowhere if they were not sure CW would speak with them? Seems risky.

Did you listen to the interview? They had a whole conversation about them just turning up unannounced. If they were lying about surprising him, CW would have to be in on that lie and play along. And there’s obviously no way on earth that happened.

He has 23 hours a day in his cell to think. He would have been preparing answers had he known they were coming. They couldn’t risk that.

Sure they did take a risk he wouldn’t talk to them, but it was a calculated risk and one that paid off. They already had intel from the Rzucek’s lawyer that he was being very open and forthcoming during their phone conversations (in relation to the wrongful death suit).

It’s the closest to the truth as we’ll ever get, and it was candid, rather than rehearsed.

Yup, and they couldn’t, not if they wanted to get the most out of him.

That would have potentially crippled their chance at success.

Way too big a risk.

They violated no laws, and finally gave Shanann’s family a measure of closure.
Correct. And as I understand it, it was not their decision to release it as unredacted as it was - it is the law governing the release of this information to the public in CO. It's not like they are trying to make it into a circus.

Correct. And as I understand it, it was not their decision to release it as unredacted as it was - it is the law governing the release of this information to the public in CO. It's not like they are trying to make it into a circus.
That’s right! Good ole Colorado open records laws.

I agree. And in terms of turning something into a circus, CW was PT Barnum himself in his porch interviews and he knew those were going to be televised and all over the Internet.

Agreed. I listened to every bit of it :( and I must admit that as repellent as he is, I'm pretty fascinated with him as a "specimen", for lack of a better word. He did strike me as pretty lonely and desperate for their comaraderie, simulated acceptance, and feigned friendship.

Well, he is in his cell 23 hours out of the day, he is probably withering without human company. Of course he was desperate for any contact. He used to live with an extroverted, gregarious woman, and a house with kids. Silence and solitude are hard to bear. And when the unexpected guests left, didn’t he fall asleep? These 4 hours must have felt like very intense communication to him.

He's probably been rehearsing already for his parents coming to visit. He has probably been trying to find ways to sugarcoat what he did. So I'd suspect that's why he came out with a mixture of truth and lies.

The whole story about arguing with SW before he killed her, I bet that's what he planned to tell his parents. He knew they'd want to know "the trigger", why he killed her. He didn't expect they would ask about a host of other things. They are ready and willing to believe what they want to hear at any rate.

The difference between rehearsing for his parents and for investigators is a matter of what questions to ask, how to ask them, and when. I imagine investigators are trained in things like physical cues and body language, how to read it and how to affect their own. They also know the facts of the case and how to trip him up, something his parents wouldn't know how to do.

Just a theory. A likely one IMO

I don't think he cared about the whole power trip, or having the four of them together. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I think after he killed S he just wanted to get her out of the house as quickly as possible. I do wonder why though, once he was at the site, why did he kill Cece right in the back seat next to Bella? You would think he might have taken her out of the truck, more room, more convenient for him, wouldn't have any mess in the truck ( sucked just typing that!).
but poor Bella... Why did he make her watch her beloved baby sister die? It makes no sense, ( not that any of this does!), unless he planned to just kill them both in rapid succession, ( is the only thing I could come up with as a possibility), but for some reason he couldn't do both?
Exactly. And you know CeCe would have probably even realized something was wrong when he was dragging SW down the steps with her feet bumping on each step. Then to cover her feet and head with a bag in the truck. It would have been far less cruel to kill them at home. Instead, he extended their fear and horror for over an hour taking him to that site. Bella loved CeCe and was so protective of her. I can't imagine how she felt seeing her little feet kicking as she was drawing her final breaths, and seeing him take her limp body from the truck. He is the most evil of persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member