GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is totally incomprehensible!!

SW had been away for 3 days, and the girls were anxious and excited for her return. Bella reportedly woke up a couple times Sunday night, jumping out of bed to see if Mommy home, with CW promising her she would be their come morning.

I can't fathom how CW could make those little girls ride in his truck with SW on the floor, a garbage bag over her head, and them believing their Mom was either sick or dead. Bella had to witness all of this, and also watch her baby sister be strangled by her Daddy before he did the same to her. :eek::eek::eek:
Little Bella had to be so brave that morning. My heart hurts for her and I give her standing ovation for her bravery.

She grilled CW at home- What are you doing to my mommy?

And I would bet that she kept on grilling him in the truck - Why did you put bags on mommy? What is wrong with mommy? Is hospital near yet? Why isn't she waking up? This place is not hospital, why are we here?

What did he say to those interrogating questions, I wonder.

No doubt in my mind she tried her hardest to protect her baby sister she loved so much from that hideous man that was once her hero. No doubt she yelled out - You are hurting CeCe. Stop daddy!

Bella, she is my littlest hero.

There is a lot of great insight about red flags on this forum. I think it is very important for everyone to know the red flags of a dangerous person and to also know a dangerous person can appear to be a very nice guy, or a very nice woman.

honestly if we based people solely on their mental health and being very nice I'd fall still into that red flag area. I am diagnosed with BPD. My belief is anyone, IF ANGERED ENOUGH can potentially become a murderer. We cannot fool ourselves into thinking we can't become that enraged. It takes only ONE time for something to happen that we can't take back.

This is knowledge and insight from years of working with therapy to even understand, and get a diagnosis for myself. The diagnosis was 99.9 percent of the battle because I've been learning what makes me tick. I tend to barricade myself indoors and don't come out now if I have the slightest bit of attitude. NOT that I will hurt someone or anything like that physically....but just saying the wrong thing and being inappropriate enough to make someone seem like they are "picking on me" is enough to set that rage inside burning or the hurt and humiliation being so much I can't bear it.

There is no medications that heal these kinds of things. The brain misfires and we do not know even a tenth of how the human brain works. My medications treat the symptoms only.

that murderous lackwit watt's pondering whether his mistress has written him using an alias. he sure came to life at the mention of her name.
and mow the million dollar question...what's in those 200 pages of investigation transcripts that remains under wrap from the public and from shanann's family. has watt's ramblings indictate something akin to a hidden agenda involving the mistress...we just have to wait and see.

..dr. phil did mention an investigation that is going on.
**and why do i get a feeling after watching shanann's mother on dr. phil she knows something is brewing as of late concerning the watt's mistress

That seems such an extreme reaction for the short amount of time they were seeing each other. Very telling and in contrast to her statements that he was more into her.
When said CW said he had to talk NK "off a ledge", he really meant that he had to talk her out of "taking a step back" from the relationship. My interpretation of that was if she didn't get her way, she was going to dump him.

It reminds me of the b.s. excuse that CW used for his 'rage' when he said SW had threatened him with never seeing the girls again. When he explained further, we found out that she supposedly said that BEFORE her trip to AZ. But then, he said she had actually mentioned "50/50" CO custody or maybe going back to NC because she couldn't afford CO on her own.

Idk, I just can't make any sense out of his thought process, even if he wasn't lying all the time.

IIRC, SW had a chance encounter with a CO licensed attorney in March 2018 at a restaurant. She asked him about issues regarding child custody in CO and moving out of state. It makes me think that SW was thinking about leaving him and CW had to talk her "off a ledge". That's why I think having another baby was his way to hold onto SW at the time.
MOO

When said CW said he had to talk NK "off a ledge", he really meant that he had to talk her out of "taking a step back" from the relationship. My interpretation of that was if she didn't get her way, she was going to dump him.

It reminds me of the b.s. excuse that CW used for his 'rage' when he said SW had threatened him with never seeing the girls again. When he explained further, we found out that she supposedly said that BEFORE her trip to AZ. But then, he said she had actually mentioned "50/50" CO custody or maybe going back to NC because she couldn't afford CO on her own.

Idk, I just can't make any sense out of his thought process, even if he wasn't lying all the time.

IIRC, SW had a chance encounter with a CO licensed attorney in March 2018 at a restaurant. She asked him about issues regarding child custody in CO and moving out of state. It makes me think that SW was thinking about leaving him and CW had to talk her "off a ledge". That's why I think having another baby was his way to hold onto SW at the time.
MOO

IIRC, he also said he thought that Shanann's flight wasn't delayed that night but that she was late because she was talking to NUA about the marriage problems?

Yes - thank you for your concern. I have cameras everywhere, keep in contact with people regularly so they'll know something is up if I don't show up or they don't hear from me, I also have "GPS" on all sorts of things including a pair of shoes I wear often. I don't have a gun because I believe that would be used against me in court (the court system needs some major reform!) I think at this stage he knows he'd be suspect number one so he'll only actually do it if he's done living life out in the real world....Which is a choice I expect him to make someday. A setting like prison with its routine and rules that everyone follows is where he'd actually finally be able to exhale for the first time and truly be himself.

Our society needs to understand people like CW and my ex. Women (and men) need to learn to trust the red flags. I had soooooo many of them its insane when I look back. But I thought he was cute and financially stable etc. SW had red flags too. Sounds like she had them on day one. I wish she had listened to herself. I wish I had listened to myself.

MOO
It makes sense to me that he never intended to divorce SW. Statistically, men rarely divorce for the mistress. The affair is a fantasy.

I've read something before that your partner probably has about 85% of the qualities you want in a perfect mate. So these vulnerable, weak people who cheat, when they are met with temptation (in the midst of all the humdrum problems of marriage like bills and family conflicts) they find someone who has the 15% and it feels like now they are getting 100%. But neither person has 100%. It's the sum of your spouse and the mistress. That's called having your cake and eating it too. In his fantasy, I bet he selfishly wanted both women. The whole madonna-*advertiser censored* complex likely fits this scenario.

IIRC, he also said he thought that Shanann's flight wasn't delayed that night but that she was late because she was talking to NUA about the marriage problems?
That was originally spread around on the YT/FB sites by the SW haters. Oh excuse me, I mean analysts. That she spent that extra time with NUA drinking, thus looked drunk when she finally decided to come home, that her plane wasn't really delayed. (No, she didn't look drunk). Yes, this is the type of rumor those people spread around, and the fact that a version of it ended up with CW telling FBI/CBI agents means that it was spread to him by, ahem, one of the 2-3 people who he talks to on the telephone. I do believe he mentioned his mother, his father and his sister who he speaks to from prison, on the phone each night.

Last edited:
A variety of mental health professionals have weighed in on the psychology of Chris Watts. While their opinions tend to vary somewhat, please note that not one of them mentions Austism, Asperger's, or BPD.

MARCH 9, 2019:
How could a man like Chris Watts so callously slaughter his entire family?
Chris' looks are deceiving. His psychopathic (Anti-Social ) mind interacted with the world in a much more convoluted and rageful way than his outer mask would ever reveal.

Like most sociopaths/psychopaths, Chris' romantic relationships and the feelings of being “in love” was not experienced the way a healthy, well-adapted person falls in love.

His reasoning was that the only solution to end his misery was to end his family. Divorce wouldn’t work because his family would still be there and a burden to him. They would still be around wanting something from him, nagging him and stopping him from living his new life. For Chris, the only solution was his family’s death.

Chris is a pathological narcissist and psychopath. All that matters to him are his own needs, his own sense of happiness and his own well-being. He has no sense of connection or feelings toward others, even his own blood. Anyone in the way of his goal was an obstacle that should not continue to exist.

Robi Ludwig Psy.D. is a nationally known psychotherapist, award-winning reporter, and author. She is a regular commentator on CNN, HLN, Fox Business.

JANUARY 9, 2019: Chris Watts Update: Ex-Lover Plans To Meet 'Monster' Once 'For Closure'
According to Candice DeLong, a former FBI criminal profiler and criminologist, Watts “is a malignant narcissist and psychopath.” In her opinion, “The hallmark is that they don’t feel remorse or empathy.” DeLong appeared on the “Dr. Phil” show last month where she spoke out about the killer.

Dr. Phil added to the conversation saying, “A narcissist actually thinks he can get away with it…And they get caught so easily because they don’t look at the other points of view.”

AUGUST 23, 2018: Criminologist weighs in on Chris Watts case
The associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and former prosecutor has worked with thousands of victims of family violence.

"I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

He eventually told police a new story, and Mowder said it is no surprise based on her experience with perpetrators of domestic violence that he is blaming his wife.

AUGUST 21, 2018: Professor: Christopher Watts could be a psychopath
Kim Gorgens, a clinical professor in the graduate school of professional psychology at the University of Denver, has conducted extensive research on criminal behavior, and she believes Christopher Watts could be a psychopath.

"It's not a personality characteristic that you can pick out of a lineup. It's not like someone wears a sign that says you can't trust. In fact, it's the opposite of that," said Gorgens.

"You can't tell for sure, but I will be less than surprised to see the picture of a true psychopath emerge. Someone who is really winsome, charming and psychopathic. It's not unusual for them to evade detection," said Gorgens.

AUGUST 20, 2018: Forensic Psychiatrist Keith Ablow, MD Identifies New Syndrome in Killers: Male Pre-Partum Homicidal Syndrome (MPHS)
Ablow theorizes that Male Pre-partum Homicidal Syndrome occurs in men who come to believe—consciously or unconsciously—that their own life stories cannot continue in any acceptable way, if a child (or another child) is born to them. "Such a man [displaying MPHS] comes to equate the impending birth of a son or daughter with his own impending psychological death. The pathological arithmetic comes down to, 'It's that child or it's me. One of us has to go.'"

Very often, Ablow believes, men displaying MPHS have experienced feelings of loss or trauma in the setting of growing families before—in their families of origin. "These men may have felt pushed aside by a new child in the family or unloved by their own mothers. The idea of living in another growing family is untenable to them, at a deep, emotional, usually unconscious level.

More information about Dr. Ablow, author of Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson and board certified in adult, adolescent and forensic psychiatry: Treatment For Depression

AUGUST 17, 2018: Man Accused of Slaying Pregnant Wife & Kids Is 'Scott Peterson, Just Less Charismatic': Profiler
“He has an incredibly large ego,” says Dale Yeager, a criminal analyst and forensic profiler who is unconnected with the case, adding, “He really comes off as sociopathic. That doesn’t mean he is mentally ill, just that he has a personality defect.”

AUGUST 16, 2018: Inside the Troubling Pattern of Pregnant Women Being Killed by Loved Ones
Psychologist Dr. Jeff Gardere spoke to Inside Edition what leads men to commit these heinous crimes.

"What we typically see is in killing their child or children, killing the wife, killing the family, these are individuals who feel that this is an act of desperation – this is something they must do in order to go on with their lives," he said.

AUGUST 16, 2018: Before Chris Watts was facing murder charges, he spoke to 9NEWS about his wife and daughters – Shanann, Bella and Celeste – who were considered missing at the time. We sat down with forensic psychologist Dr. Max Wachtel, who testifies often in criminal cases, to get his opinion of the interview.

The podcast last night was excellent,as usual. I think I will be bowing out of this thread now that I have read it from the beginning. One little comment about CW and "his conversion". Long time Christian here...won't go into the religion part here..but a true convert REPENTS..turns from the evil that they did...they are so appalled at what evil they did that they completely turn their entire life around and we believers say"with God's help". CW is NOT showing this..he is not even taking full responsibility for killing his girls. He is leaving a lot of " I didn't think" or "I don't know where my mind was" messages instead. He is still blaming his wife. He needs to get lost in the deep dark prison and be forgotten. I am so done with this monster and his lies. JMO MOO

that murderous lackwit watt's pondering whether his mistress has written him using an alias. he sure came to life at the mention of her name.
and mow the million dollar question...what's in those 200 pages of investigation transcripts that remains under wrap from the public and from shanann's family. has watt's ramblings indictate something akin to a hidden agenda involving the mistress...we just have to wait and see.

..dr. phil did mention an investigation that is going on.
**and why do i get a feeling after watching shanann's mother on dr. phil she knows something is brewing as of late concerning the watt's mistress
At the beginning of the first audio recording, one of the male investigators explains to CW that his case is over and nothing they are going to talk about has anything to do with an open investigation. All of their cases are closed, the core case is closed, and they want to make sure CW understands that that’s not why they’re there.

AUDIO FILES:

Chris Watts interview Part 1

Chris Watts interview Part 2

That was originally spread around on the purple YT/FB sites by the SW haters. Oh excuse me, I mean analysts. That she spent that extra time with NUA drinking, thus looked drunk when she finally decided to come home, that her plane wasn't really delayed. (No, she didn't look drunk). Yes, this is the type of rumor those people spread around, and the fact that a version of it ended of with CW telling FBI/CBI agents means that it was spread to him by, ahem, one of the 2-3 people who he talks to on the telephone. I do believe he mentioned his mother, his father and his sister who he speaks to from prison, on the phone each night.

What I'm thinking of is something I recall hearing CW say. If I have time later on today, I'll go back and listen to his prison interview and see if I can find it. It was very weird.

I know Shanann's flight was delayed and she was not out drinking. She was quite anxious to get home, and was hopeful things could be fixed.

What I'm thinking of is something I recall hearing CW say. If I have time later on today, I'll go back and listen to his prison interview and see if I can find it. It was very weird.

I know Shanann's flight was delayed and she was not out drinking. She was quite anxious to get home, and was hopeful things could be fixed.
Molly I heard the quote from him, too, I mean I heard him say it on the confession tape. Just a mild version of the same thing, that SW chose not to come home and that her plane was not delayed. He said he doesn't have internet, there is only one small group of people who he talks to.

Last edited:
I just had a very creepy thought. I wonder if CW blasted a Metallica CD the whole way there so he wouldn't have to hear Bella ask her brave questions. Perhaps that's when he heard BATTERY and thought the lyrics were poignant and it pumped him up further? Then when it was all over he looked up the words to see if what he thought he heard were the real lyrics?

Little Bella had to be so brave that morning. My heart hurts for her and I give her standing ovation for her bravery.

She grilled CW at home- What are you doing to my mommy?

And I would bet that she kept on grilling him in the truck - Why did you put bags on mommy? What is wrong with mommy? Is hospital near yet? Why isn't she waking up? This place is not hospital, why are we here?

What did he say to those interrogating questions, I wonder.

No doubt in my mind she tried her hardest to protect her baby sister she loved so much from that hideous man that was once her hero. No doubt she yelled out - You are hurting CeCe. Stop daddy!

Bella, she is my littlest hero.

MOO

That was originally spread around on the purple YT/FB sites by the SW haters. Oh excuse me, I mean analysts. That she spent that extra time with NUA drinking, thus looked drunk when she finally decided to come home, that her plane wasn't really delayed. (No, she didn't look drunk). Yes, this is the type of rumor those people spread around, and the fact that a version of it ended up with CW telling FBI/CBI agents means that it was spread to him by, ahem, one of the 2-3 people who he talks to on the telephone. I do believe he mentioned his mother, his father and his sister who he speaks to from prison, on the phone each night.
I appreciate that the agents proved to him SW's flight was in fact delayed. It is necessary to uphold the truth rather than confuse it with the fictional tales told online.

What he said was "Nikki had her moments where I had to talk her off a ledge. She would get worked up about nothing".
I listened to the interview and thought that what he really meant was talk her out of dumping him. The summary also says:
He told KESSINGER just because he had to leave didn’t mean she needed to take a
step back.

It makes sense to me that he never intended to divorce SW. Statistically, men rarely divorce for the mistress. The affair is a fantasy.

I've read something before that your partner probably has about 85% of the qualities you want in a perfect mate. So these vulnerable, weak people who cheat, when they are met with temptation (in the midst of all the humdrum problems of marriage like bills and family conflicts) they find someone who has the 15% and it feels like now they are getting 100%. But neither person has 100%. It's the sum of your spouse and the mistress. That's called having your cake and eating it too. In his fantasy, I bet he selfishly wanted both women. The whole madonna-*advertiser censored* complex likely fits this scenario.
Originally he most likely did just want to have his cake and eat it too. Possibly, NK maybe gave him an ultimatum. If so, what was that ultimatum? MOO

Last edited:
A variety of mental health professionals have weighed in on the psychology of Chris Watts. While their opinions tend to vary somewhat, please note that not one of them mentions Austism, Asperger's, or BPD.

MARCH 9, 2019:
How could a man like Chris Watts so callously slaughter his entire family?
Chris' looks are deceiving. His psychopathic (Anti-Social ) mind interacted with the world in a much more convoluted and rageful way than his outer mask would ever reveal.

Like most sociopaths/psychopaths, Chris' romantic relationships and the feelings of being “in love” was not experienced the way a healthy, well-adapted person falls in love.

His reasoning was that the only solution to end his misery was to end his family. Divorce wouldn’t work because his family would still be there and a burden to him. They would still be around wanting something from him, nagging him and stopping him from living his new life. For Chris, the only solution was his family’s death.

Chris is a pathological narcissist and psychopath. All that matters to him are his own needs, his own sense of happiness and his own well-being. He has no sense of connection or feelings toward others, even his own blood. Anyone in the way of his goal was an obstacle that should not continue to exist.

Robi Ludwig Psy.D. is a nationally known psychotherapist, award-winning reporter, and author. She is a regular commentator on CNN, HLN, Fox Business.

JANUARY 9, 2019: Chris Watts Update: Ex-Lover Plans To Meet 'Monster' Once 'For Closure'
According to Candice DeLong, a former FBI criminal profiler and criminologist, Watts “is a malignant narcissist and psychopath.” In her opinion, “The hallmark is that they don’t feel remorse or empathy.” DeLong appeared on the “Dr. Phil” show last month where she spoke out about the killer.

Dr. Phil added to the conversation saying, “A narcissist actually thinks he can get away with it…And they get caught so easily because they don’t look at the other points of view.”

AUGUST 23, 2018: Criminologist weighs in on Chris Watts case
The associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and former prosecutor has worked with thousands of victims of family violence.

"I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

He eventually told police a new story, and Mowder said it is no surprise based on her experience with perpetrators of domestic violence that he is blaming his wife.

AUGUST 21, 2018: Professor: Christopher Watts could be a psychopath
Kim Gorgens, a clinical professor in the graduate school of professional psychology at the University of Denver, has conducted extensive research on criminal behavior, and she believes Christopher Watts could be a psychopath.

"It's not a personality characteristic that you can pick out of a lineup. It's not like someone wears a sign that says you can't trust. In fact, it's the opposite of that," said Gorgens.

"You can't tell for sure, but I will be less than surprised to see the picture of a true psychopath emerge. Someone who is really winsome, charming and psychopathic. It's not unusual for them to evade detection," said Gorgens.

AUGUST 20, 2018: Forensic Psychiatrist Keith Ablow, MD Identifies New Syndrome in Killers: Male Pre-Partum Homicidal Syndrome (MPHS)
Ablow theorizes that Male Pre-partum Homicidal Syndrome occurs in men who come to believe—consciously or unconsciously—that their own life stories cannot continue in any acceptable way, if a child (or another child) is born to them. "Such a man [displaying MPHS] comes to equate the impending birth of a son or daughter with his own impending psychological death. The pathological arithmetic comes down to, 'It's that child or it's me. One of us has to go.'"

Very often, Ablow believes, men displaying MPHS have experienced feelings of loss or trauma in the setting of growing families before—in their families of origin. "These men may have felt pushed aside by a new child in the family or unloved by their own mothers. The idea of living in another growing family is untenable to them, at a deep, emotional, usually unconscious level.

More information about Dr. Ablow, author of Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson and board certified in adult, adolescent and forensic psychiatry: Treatment For Depression

AUGUST 17, 2018: Man Accused of Slaying Pregnant Wife & Kids Is 'Scott Peterson, Just Less Charismatic': Profiler
“He has an incredibly large ego,” says Dale Yeager, a criminal analyst and forensic profiler who is unconnected with the case, adding, “He really comes off as sociopathic. That doesn’t mean he is mentally ill, just that he has a personality defect.”

AUGUST 16, 2018: Inside the Troubling Pattern of Pregnant Women Being Killed by Loved Ones
Psychologist Dr. Jeff Gardere spoke to Inside Edition what leads men to commit these heinous crimes.

"What we typically see is in killing their child or children, killing the wife, killing the family, these are individuals who feel that this is an act of desperation – this is something they must do in order to go on with their lives," he said.

AUGUST 16, 2018: Before Chris Watts was facing murder charges, he spoke to 9NEWS about his wife and daughters – Shanann, Bella and Celeste – who were considered missing at the time. We sat down with forensic psychologist Dr. Max Wachtel, who testifies often in criminal cases, to get his opinion of the interview.
Shout out to @PommyMommy for another set of references in a single post. You are so appreciated, thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member