DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

Hoping this is not a repost but after Mr Waller's appearance in court again today here is list of suspects in various crimes that have been identified through the website GEDmatch:

List of perpetrators of crimes arrested or identified with GEDmatch.com - Wikipedia

As I say I am a foreigner but if I can claim the American First Amendment and say I do no think Roy Waller is the NorCal Rapist any more than Joseph DeAngelo is the Golden State Killer and both innocent men have been wrongly accused of the crimes of Ralph Jackson. To me it is about time the FBI admitted to the misidentifications and finally admitted Ralph Jackson existed.

As I say I am a foreigner but if I can claim the American First Amendment and say I do no think Roy Waller is the NorCal Rapist any more than Joseph DeAngelo is the Golden State Killer and both innocent men have been wrongly accused of the crimes of Ralph Jackson. To me it is about time the FBI admitted to the misidentifications and finally admitted Ralph Jackson existed.
What is it about the science of DNA you don't believe? Do you also disbelieve fingerprints? Decades of detective work? The incredible timelines put together that contribute to the circumstantial evidence body?

I feel like I am arguing with an anti-vaccine conspiracy believer.

What is it about the science of DNA you don't believe? Do you also disbelieve fingerprints? Decades of detective work? The incredible timelines put together that contribute to the circumstantial evidence body?

I feel like I am arguing with an anti-vaccine conspiracy believer.

Thanks for the interest in my post. I personally do not believe DNA genealogy is fool proof and as a precise science as it has been presented as. I believe both of these men have been misidentified by these DNA techniques. If you study the EAR/ONS case Mr DeAngelo is nothing like the suspect everyone was looking for. He is the wrong height, wrong age, wrong hair style and wrong ethnicity. If he were my loved one I would not be happy the way he has been treated as a US Veteran and the methods used to accuse him of crimes in my opinion he did not commit. If you actually study the EAR/ONS case there has on every been one supposed DNA hit on one crime scene and this is in my opinion because Paul Holes was initially refused a DNA sample by the FBI who are the ones in charge of the DNA and solely them and they always have been. A man was almost misidentified in a nursing home before Mr DeAngelo was arrived at as a suspect. As I say in my opinion in the American first amendment there is a trillion to one non DNA hit in this case because the processes used were flawed and not very scientific. Here is a case where DNA genealogy lead to a misidentification:

Who murdered Idaho teen Angie Dodge?

Thanks for the interest in my post. I personally do not believe DNA genealogy is fool proof and as a precise science as it has been presented as. I believe both of these men have been misidentified by these DNA techniques. If you study the EAR/ONS case Mr DeAngelo is nothing like the suspect everyone was looking for. He is the wrong height, wrong age, wrong hair style and wrong ethnicity. If he were my loved one I would not be happy the way he has been treated as a US Veteran and the methods used to accuse him of crimes in my opinion he did not commit. If you actually study the EAR/ONS case there has on every been one supposed DNA hit on one crime scene and this is in my opinion because Paul Holes was initially refused a DNA sample by the FBI who are the ones in charge of the DNA and solely them and they always have been. A man was almost misidentified in a nursing home before Mr DeAngelo was arrived at as a suspect. As I say in my opinion in the American first amendment there is a trillion to one non DNA hit in this case because the processes used were flawed and not very scientific. Here is a case where DNA genealogy lead to a misidentification:

Who murdered Idaho teen Angie Dodge?

Just want to make the point I want to see violent criminals caught like everyone else on this board and outside the victims and their families no one has fought for the victims in the EAR/ONS case to be told the truth of course others equal but no one more.

Check this out!

Thank you @PommyMommy

Identified! - SD - Sioux Falls, WhtMale, UP17189, Newborn, "Baby Andrew", born alive, Feb'81 *ARREST*

MAR 8, 2019
DNA leads to arrest of woman who allegedly left baby in a ditch to die 38 years ago: Police
[...]

She was charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter, police said.

[...]

The cold case first heated up 10 years ago as DNA technology advanced and investigators looked into obtaining DNA from the unidentified baby, Webb said.

In 2009 the baby's body was exhumed and his DNA was put into databases, but over the years there were no matches, Webb said.

[...]

A possible match was found in February 2019. The suspect, Bentaas, still lived in Sioux Falls and police executed a search warrant to get her DNA, police said. DNA tests then confirmed Bentaas was the baby's mother, police said.

The baby's father was also still living in Sioux Falls, Webb said.

"We did interview them last Wednesday on the anniversary that we believe the baby was put in the ditch, on Feb. 27," Webb said. "It was confirmed that the baby was theirs."

Bentaas is scheduled to appear in court on March 11. Her public defender declined to comment to ABC News Friday.

Last edited:
Some of these old cases can be mind boggling when they are finally solved. This did happen several times over the years but with time, things are rapidly progressing with LE looking again at cold cases with the help of improved and new technology. In some cases, it's too late for justice because of the statute of limitations on some crimes or the death of the perpetrator but at least the cases are getting solved and closed.

For example, take the Golden State Killer also known as the East Area Rapist and the Original Night Stalker (EAR/ONS) and other names. He is 72 y/o now and looks like an old man who "just couldn't be the one" but back in 1974 when some of the linked cases took place, he was 27 yrs young and probably mean as a hornet and sly as a fox. There were also numerous other cases that were connected but could not be charged to him because of the state's statute of limitations law.

I wonder if LE may be utilizing old yearbooks to show victims pictures of the suspect as a younger person when there was no record available?

Golden State Killer - Wikipedia

Some of these old cases can be mind boggling when they are finally solved. This did happen several times over the years but with time, things are rapidly progressing with LE looking again at cold cases with the help of improved and new technology. In some cases, it's too late for justice because of the statute of limitations on some crimes or the death of the perpetrator but at least the cases are getting solved and closed.

For example, take the Golden State Killer also known as the East Area Rapist and the Original Night Stalker (EAR/ONS) and other names. He is 72 y/o now and looks like an old man who "just couldn't be the one" but back in 1974 when some of the linked cases took place, he was 27 yrs young and probably mean as a hornet and sly as a fox. There were also numerous other cases that were connected but could not be charged to him because of the state's statute of limitations law.

I wonder if LE may be utilizing old yearbooks to show victims pictures of the suspect as a younger person when there was no record available?

Golden State Killer - Wikipedia

Slightly o/t, watcher9, but speaking of 72, there’s this show, “The Hunt with John Walsh” (which is like America’s Most Wanted). I saw a perp was apprehended recently after he was on the run for decades, he was in his 70s and a grandfather of 15! So as far as these cold cases, we will be seeing more “seniors” getting nabbed I think.

I saw a perp was apprehended recently after he was on the run for decades, he was in his 70s and a grandfather of 15! So as far as these cold cases, we will be seeing more “seniors” getting nabbed I think.
It's really no surprise in this new era of DNA + genealogy. But many of these crimes that's now finally being solved were committed in the 70s and the 80s - 50, 40, 30 years ago-, when all this was just considered sci-fi! DNA profiling saw its start in 1983-84, and the first conviction based on DNA evidence came in 1988 in the UK. DNA as a crime solving tool was still in its infancy in the 90s; the last ten years alone has seen huge developments in DNA technology! These guys thought they were going to get away with their crimes, as long as they didn't leave any fingerprints, (to some degree) blood, or personal items, and for a long time, they DID get away with it, living the lives they denied their victims (and the victims' loved ones), but now science and technology has caught up with them, and now they have to face the consequences for their crimes. DNA evidence doesn't care how lovely you look, how sweet you are to your grandchildren, or what a good neighbour you are.

It's really no surprise in this new era of DNA + genealogy. But many of these crimes that's now finally being solved were committed in the 70s and the 80s - 50, 40, 30 years ago-, when all this was just considered sci-fi! DNA profiling saw its start in 1983-84, and the first conviction based on DNA evidence came in 1988 in the UK. DNA as a crime solving tool was still in its infancy in the 90s; the last ten years alone has seen huge developments in DNA technology! These guys thought they were going to get away with their crimes, as long as they didn't leave any fingerprints, (to some degree) blood, or personal items, and for a long time, they DID get away with it, living the lives they denied their victims (and the victims' loved ones), but now science and technology has caught up with them, and now they have to face the consequences for their crimes. DNA evidence doesn't care how lovely you look, how sweet you are to your grandchildren, or what a good neighbour you are.

Interesting stuff. As I say I want criminals caught too but call me old fashioned but I like it to be the right person and Mr DeAngelo in my opinion is not the Golden State Killer. In this respect DNA genealogy is not a pure science or else mistakes would not be made. It is up to the FBI to acknowledge any misidentifications and it is a dangerous situation where in my opinion an innocent man is held for so long and the FBI give the impression he is the real offender because they still do not want to admit Ralph Jackson existed. I hope Mr DeAngelo's lawyers see this post and realise the gravity of the situation and what they are up against. Anyway as I say these are my opinions and I will leave it for now. Thanks

Interesting stuff. As I say I want criminals caught too but call me old fashioned but I like it to be the right person and Mr DeAngelo in my opinion is not the Golden State Killer. In this respect DNA genealogy is not a pure science or else mistakes would not be made. It is up to the FBI to acknowledge any misidentifications and it is a dangerous situation where in my opinion an innocent man is held for so long and the FBI give the impression he is the real offender because they still do not want to admit Ralph Jackson existed. I hope Mr DeAngelo's lawyers see this post and realise the gravity of the situation and what they are up against. Anyway as I say these are my opinions and I will leave it for now. Thanks

I think of DNA genealogy as a start, that they then test in other ways. I do believe that it’s possible to use DNA to identify people beyond the shadow of a doubt—and that is what they did with DeAngelo.

The DNA genealogy simply pointed to him as a possible suspect; testing his DNA against crime scene DNA showed that he was the criminal. Two different things.

Hopefully, many cold cases will be solved as DNA profiles from tested rape kits are uploaded to CODIS and also if the laws on statute of limitation for felony sexual assault are eliminated.

The backlog of untested sexual assault kits "perpetuated what I think is a seismic injustice against sexual assault survivors," Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance said at a news conference Tuesday morning.
In addition to addressing specific cases, the evidence collected was added to the FBI's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS).
A report released Tuesday by the Manhattan District Attorney's office states that 18,803 DNA profiles were added into CODIS as a result of the tested rape kits, which will help track criminals across state lines.

At Tuesday's news conference, Vance said that "dedicated funding streams are necessary to end the backlog but they are not ... sufficient," adding that he believes states need to change their laws.
Vance called for states to eliminate their statues of limitation for felony sexual assault, mandate timely rape kit testing, require the testing of all backlogged rape kits and call for an annual state-wide inventory of backlogged kits.

$38 million grants for testing rape kit backlog lead to 186 new arrests nationwide

Grisly Double Homicide Solved Thanks To DNA: Livermore Police
Police have identified a suspect who they believe brutally killed Thomas and Alice Green in their Livermore home almost 40 years ago.
| Updated Mar 11, 2019 8:17 pm ET

LIVERMORE, CA — Investigators in Livermore are crediting DNA technology and old-fashioned police work with solving a 1981 double homicide. Thomas and Alice Green were found dead in a bedroom of their Livermore home on June 3, 1981. She suffered multiple stab wounds and blunt force trauma. He had been bound and shot once. For years the case was cold.

"In 2002, LPD evidence technicians were able to retrieve DNA samples from evidence collected during the initial investigation into these murders," police said. "Based on where the collected DNA was located, detectives were confident that the person whose DNA was collected was the person responsible for the murders."

Despite the DNA discovery, a match was never made. Almost 40 years later, using new DNA technology, tenacious investigators identified a relative of the suspect.

"Using autosomal DNA testing, it was determined that Gregory Michael Peyton was the suspect in this case," police said. "LPD detectives immediately began reviewing Peyton's relationship to the victims. Peyton was the brother of Thomas and Alice Green's daughter's husband.

About three years after the Greens were killed, Peyton, a Belmont resident, killed his wife and took his own life in Oklahoma in October 1984, according to police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho
Back