Questions Welcome Here!

That wasn't working previously for me and at least one other person in a thread with me. I reported it to tapatalk, never heard back, but it is showing up now. So yay! Thanks once again!

BTW - I see we have genealogy as a common interest, although I don't have it listed on my profile. But there are two murders in my family history that I am looking into partly because I couldn't shake them while working on my genealogy last year.

Genealogy, even without crimes, requires a lot of sleuthing to solve mysteries. For instance, I have a "missing person" in my line who likely was not missing at all, but man, I can't seem to figure out what happened to her. And hunting down all of these people is like trying to follow a hundred WS cases at a time. Sometimes I have to step back, take a break, and view it all with fresh eyes weeks later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Tapatalk had some issues a while back for about a week or so. It seems good for now.

Indeed the missing and genealogy is like searching for the needle in the haystack sometimes.

Glad you got help from a mod. Websleuths is the very best from the members up to the mods up to the owner!

A few mobile tapatalk questions I'm hoping WSers might be able to help with.

First, I can't figure out how to get to the last post I read when I am going through an old thread. Take the Natalie Wood thread for example. It started in 2009 and I am trying to work my way through it without having to write down what post # I just read. When I access the thread, it takes me to the last post. I have tried clicking various arrows I see, to see if it will take me back to the last read post, but it does not.

Second, when scrolling through my subscribed threads, it will only show me a certain number of them before the screen blanks out and shows zero. So if I want to view all of my subscribed threads I have to go to the internet.

Third, when I am viewing a post with quote and want to go back to where the original quoted post is, only about 1/4 of the time does the little arrow take me to that post.

Any input? TIA. (I do try to post my questions in tapatalk support forum, but they rarely answer.)

That wasn't working previously for me and at least one other person in a thread with me. I reported it to tapatalk, never heard back, but it is showing up now. So yay! Thanks once again!

BTW - I see we have genealogy as a common interest, although I don't have it listed on my profile. But there are two murders in my family history that I am looking into partly because I couldn't shake them while working on my genealogy last year.

Genealogy, even without crimes, requires a lot of sleuthing to solve mysteries. For instance, I have a "missing person" in my line who likely was not missing at all, but man, I can't seem to figure out what happened to her. And hunting down all of these people is like trying to follow a hundred WS cases at a time. Sometimes I have to step back, take a break, and view it all with fresh eyes weeks later.

Not aure what i do wrong. Seems whenever i try to contribute people jump down my throat. I have seen ot happen to others. More so on a child case i am following than a local one. Is there a cliche in these forums, and maybe i should just keep my thoughts to myself?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Not aure what i do wrong. Seems whenever i try to contribute people jump down my throat. I have seen ot happen to others. More so on a child case i am following than a local one. Is there a cliche in these forums, and maybe i should just keep my thoughts to myself?

Thanks for asking...there is no cliche here on websleuths. I have found members and mods here on websleuths to be the best of any forum I have read/posted to.(see I can't even make a correct sentence but have felt welcomed from the beginning)
I know we don't always agree :)
I glanced through your posts and it seemed some were edited by a mod as they went against TOS.

Hi hsprinkel,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We have very strict rules about posters being rude.

Why don't you email me and give me some examples of what is going on? I will be glad to help you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Hello!
Is there a thread here on the family who was driven off the cliff in California? The two moms and six kids?
Also is there a thread on the Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist? I hear they have a couple of new leads/ recent developments in this case.

Hello,

I'm looking for help in solving my sister's murder. She was found at her home on July 8, 2016 in Cedarburg Wisconsin, a very small town. I was told it was suicide but several months later LE confirmed it was homicide by manual strangulation. Her death certificate says homicide. The case never received any publicity and no one has been arrested. I can't access LE records because the case is still open. I have very little faith that law enforcement is going to solve the case without any attention. They don't seem very motivated and have been incredibly difficult to work with. Any advice or tips on getting this case to move forward? Do I have any recourse with investigators who seem to be sweeping this under the rug and pretending it didn't happen? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to the True Crime/WS scene. I started getting into after watching Mindhunter a few months back. Ive been reading a lot of books on different subjects pertaining to SKs & TC. Ive read Michelle McNamara's book so this whole GSK is blowing my mind right now. Ive been learning about LISK and TKS. Part of my daily ritual is coming here to WS to read threads on LISK and some others. (Learning about LISK has lead me reading into some history on LI like the Oak Beach Inn scandal & currently reading about Marty Tankleff.) There's a great wealth of knowledge on here and its great!

Anyways!! I was just wondering what websites (and/or apps for alerts) does everyone use to stay on top on the latest crime news. Thanks!

Hi all,

I wanted to make a new thread for this but I don't think I have the permissions yet as I am a new user. I have a potential case I am beginning to look into involving the death of my best friend's sister. She died in Texas and I am about to request her autopsy and toxicology to look into whether her death was truly an accident or not. The story her boyfriend gave the family about the night she died did not make sense to me and I have always wondered if he caused her death. Any tips for starting working this case? Anyone interested in helping? Thanks for reading.

Hi all,

I wanted to make a new thread for this but I don't think I have the permissions yet as I am a new user. I have a potential case I am beginning to look into involving the death of my best friend's sister. She died in Texas and I am about to request her autopsy and toxicology to look into whether her death was truly an accident or not. The story her boyfriend gave the family about the night she died did not make sense to me and I have always wondered if he caused her death. Any tips for starting working this case? Anyone interested in helping? Thanks for reading.
I'm going to flag your post so a mod sees it and will maybe be able to give you permission to start a new thread and suggestions on where to put it.

I'm cohosting a podcast called Ohio Mysteries and some of the old unsolved murder cases we're doing do not have threads on this site (Raymond Timbrook, Barbara Blatnik, JoAnn Bartholomew, Janice Christensen, Marcia Kay Piotter.) I was hoping to add a thread for each of them, but I haven't been granted the ability to start new threads and can't find anything that tells me how long I have to be a member in order to do so. Which is fine... but is there someone I could send some details to so threads can be started for them?

Does anyone know of a Forensics Astrology Websleuth site that is currently open to the public - with frequent conversations & question & answer dialog?

Vyri

Last edited:
Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!
I am new here and have no idea what to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Someone recently mentioned this site as a place I might be able to list my daughter in hopes of getting some sort of help. My daughter Deverrie was 23 when she was strangled to death in the park across from our home on June 26, 2016. Her murder has gone unsolved and become a cold case. That is unacceptable to me. I’ve done many things in an effort to get this solved-from putting up billboards to have a re-enactment of the crime scene to keep her relevant. I’m running out of ideas… so here I am. Please help in anyway possible. Thank you.

I am new here and have no idea what to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Someone recently mentioned this site as a place I might be able to list my daughter in hopes of getting some sort of help. My daughter Deverrie was 23 when she was strangled to death in the park across from our home on June 26, 2016. Her murder has gone unsolved and become a cold case. That is unacceptable to me. I’ve done many things in an effort to get this solved-from putting up billboards to have a re-enactment of the crime scene to keep her relevant. I’m running out of ideas… so here I am. Please help in anyway possible. Thank you.
Can you link to any articles about it? Then one of us can start a thread for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back