Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that the brother could have also been involved? Investigators in the Tinsley case made it clear that he was cooperative and not a suspect. If you haven't already, you should listen to the episode devoted to the April Tinsley case on the podcast Crime Junkie. It is a very long interview with the lead investigator in that case and, relevant to Abby and Libby's murders, he discusses exactly how familial genealogy was used in the Tinsley case. He goes into exactly how DNA samples for Parabon testing differ from ones that are used to find matches in CODIS, the long, long process of finding a familial match, and the legalities of it specific to Indiana law. It was very informative in light of what we know (and suspect) about the DNA/lack thereof in the Delphi murders.

Thank you, I will watch that. I thought it was interesting (in the article I posted) that LE wouldn't confirm or deny whether they were using the DNA results in their investigation of BG. It seems that a logical response would have been "of course, we are checking the database for all possible matches". imo

Thank you, I will watch that. I thought it was interesting (in the article I posted) that LE wouldn't confirm or deny whether they were using the DNA results in their investigation of BG. It seems that a logical response would have been "of course, we are checking the database for all possible matches". imo

I agree, there is something about the DNA they do not want to reveal. This is JMO but I think BG attempted to destroy two things: the phone and DNA evidence. We know the phone was found and hopefully he was not successful at totally destroying DNA either.

I agree there's something about the DNA they don't want to go public with, but if he tried to destroy evidence and failed, I would think they'd be more on the lines of hey you son of a, we've got your DNA and we're coming after you.

One of the things I have wondered about is whether they're afraid they might endanger somebody close to him by revealing too much.

You know, if there was DNA, it would likely come from either DNA left on an object in an around the scene, or from direct bodily fluids (which if the case, I would think the public would at least have a Parabon portrait to add the stills from the vid and the sketch). It would at least clear up the eye color.

IMO, the DNA the officials have spoken to may have been on items found at or around the scene, like many have pointed out here, and not on the girls or at the crime scene, so they are evaluating DNA of people who may have no relation to the crime at all, just sorting evidence found around the bridge and across the creek to the crime scene. Like shifting sand to find gold.

If BG doesn’t have cousins or direct family members who have submitted DNA to one of the sites that allows investigators/labs to compare any samples (thinking the familial DNA route to discovery), then that aspect will be hard. It may take more time to narrow it down, but hopeful.

CSX owned the Monon High Bridge and the Bridge had been put on the “Endangerment” list back in 2016 by Indiana Landmarks. However they had been trying to acquire the property since 2012. Once repaired the landmark will be transferred to Deer Creek Township.

Now this is just a theory so please be kind.

How far would someone go to obtain such property? If someone was murdered there (and they were) it would bring attention to the bridge and maybe save the bridge.

After the murders it was fast tracked and the council got their wish.

Indiana Landmarks Announces Rescue of Monon High Bridge - Indiana Landmarks

All of this makes me wonder about Tobe’s comment that he knows that voice. Maybe he has dealt with BG before but it was a long time ago so can’t quite place him. OR he knows who it is and trying to spook him.

Please don’t flog me, I’m just thinking out loud and maybe I shouldn’t. lol.
Not a bad theory at all.

I agree. Let's explore the reasons that could be.

Well, there are over 5,000 untested rape kits in Indiana alone. That's one possibility.

Perhaps his DNA was on an item, he knew this, he put it into water immediately. Now the DNA exists but is degraded. Instead of having usable info for all 6 or 8 loci used by CODIS, now you have usable info at only 3. Harder to rule someone completely out.

Perhaps BG has a convoluted or even secret family history of his own (adoption? Presumptive father is not his real bio dad due to an affair, etc?). Familial genealogy may be able to narrow his ancestry down to a specific family line but that's not the one he "belongs" to in everyday life.

Just ideas.

Perhaps BG has a convoluted or even secret family history of his own (adoption? Presumptive father is not his real bio dad due to an affair, etc?). Familial genealogy may be able to narrow his ancestry down to a specific family line but that's not the one he "belongs" to in everyday life.

RSBM.

Great theory! Hadn't thought of that.

I agree. Let's explore the reasons that could be.

Could be he was part of the search team- or at least LE can't rule out that he was part of the search team. Maybe a variety of unknown DNA was found at the crime scene somehow and they can't prove it was a perp yet. I generally don't go with the "perp was part of the search crew!" theory, but it's not impossible in this case. There were 100's of people searching I remember Abby's mom saying in an interview (sorry, no link).

Also, I still can't shake the repeated pleas of LE to "remember that voice". "Remember". Continues to be my believe that LE believes (or knows) that BG is local, was local in youth, or in some way should be known to locals by his voice and having been in his presence. Him being around the scene during the search could be a possibility that fits IMO.

I believe that if he were a part of the search parties, someone would have noticed the resemblance and reported it.
I think LE's pleas were directed at whoever may have heard him in his interview which may have been broadcast throughout the US.

I strongly feel that if they have DNA they can not directly tie it to the crime.
That's my thought. If there is DNA from touch, someone may have put their hand on a coat to keep from bumping into them in a store or fast food place, they may have dropped their coat and someone picked it up for them or other innocent reason. LE likely has DNA but can't say for sure if it belongs to the killer or an innocent person with a perfectly good reason for having their DNA on the clothing. AND if it is an innocent person without a record there shouldn't be a reason to be in CODIS.

That's my thought. If there is DNA from touch, someone may have put their hand on a coat to keep from bumping into them in a store or fast food place, they may have dropped their coat and someone picked it up for them or other innocent reason. LE likely has DNA but can't say for sure if it belongs to the killer or an innocent person with a perfectly good reason for having their DNA on the clothing. AND if it is an innocent person without a record there shouldn't be a reason to be in CODIS.

I think so, too. I don’t think it will be like finding a needle a haystack.... investigative tactics have gone on that solved other cases through familial DNA.

This will be hard work for the detectives and there is a new found appreciation of the tough work the DNA labs, and time, working out analyzing the DNA traces. That’s the best going on, for now. BG, the thing you can do is come forward before that day comes.

Especially if the original plan was to just push someone(s) off the bridge! I don't think this is actually what happened, but you never know.
Definitely a possibility. But pushing them off the bridge wouldn't save the bridge it would make it harder to save the bridge if we're looking at that angle.

This podcast might have been brought up before but with all the posts I may have missed it or forgot about it. The latest "Crime Junkie" podcast, #72, is an interview with one of the Indiana State Police detectives who worked on the April Tinsley case and how they used DNA from the killer and DNA databases outside of CODIS. IF LE has DNA here I can see LE going in this direction on this case. They both involve ISP after all.
Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply

This podcast might have been brought up before but with all the posts I may have missed it or forgot about it. The latest "Crime Junkie" podcast, #72, is an interview with one of the Indiana State Police detectives who worked on the April Tinsley case and how they used DNA from the killer and DNA databases outside of CODIS. IF LE has DNA here I can see LE going in this direction on this case. They both involve ISP after all.
Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply

Thank you for posting this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members