GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if those furnishings were bought by her first husband and she wanted nothing to do with them.
This home was built after their divorce. I don't know if she got these furnishings in her divorce. If she didn't want them, why was she furnishing her home with them? Why didn't she sell these things and purchase new things?

Before we moved to Texas, I sold lots of furniture on Craigslist in one week before we moved. She could have done the same. I just don't understand why she didn't.

A part of me believes CW has no real love for his mother and he would have just as easily killed her if an opportunity could have arised. SW and the girls were the easier target and more convenient opportunity. I believe CW has an attachment to his father that would prevent him from offing his mother.

The reason I say this is because he had no interest in her flying down to see him when he was being interrogated, he appeared angry at her speech during sentencing, and refused to make eye contact with her when she was practically begging for some acknowledgement from him. Some sign from him he was still "her boy". Even the way she describes him in interviews shows how his value to her growing up was his obedience. I think he resents however she may have raised him and treated him.

This resentment carried over to SW. He may have perceived her confidence, independence, and her indignance as slights against him. He had likely been bossed around his whole life at home and reached a breaking point, only for the wrong reasons and with the wrong person.

Look how he humiliated her in the latest interview. "She still thinks I'm being railroaded". I haven't listened to the audio because my disgust with him has reached its apex, but I perceive this comment as being condescending towards her. That and the comment of knowing his family would believe the story of SW running away with the girls or killing the girls. It's like he thinks they behave like gullible fools in regards to him. I can't say he'd be wrong in that assessment.

Last edited:
This home was built after their divorce. I don't know if she got these furnishings in her divorce. If she didn't want them, why was she furnishing her home with them? Why didn't she sell these things and purchase new things?

Before we moved to Texas, I sold lots of furniture on Craigslist in one week before we moved. She could have done the same. I just don't understand why she didn't.
I don't understand this either. We bought a model home that was furnished and we had to pay 5K separately for the furnishings if we wanted them and we did.

Why question what a murdered woman did with her own furniture way back, what, 8 years ago at the beginning of a new marriage. What on earth difference would it make? How would that relate to his murdering her and the children?

And that very same day, a few hours later after murdering her and her little kids, he spoke with the realtor who was already searching for a downsized house for the family. IIRC he said he would check out the house she had in mind. Brighton is where his mistress lived, no?
Thornton CO, I believe.
MOO

...To work their way out of debt, why do you think she had to think about getting another job? She was already making more than her husband, working from home, what kind of job do you think she should have applied for which would earn more? How do you know they didn't "agree" on the status of their employment?
Have you seen a W-2 for Shan'ann's earnings? Until I see what she actually earned, I don't believe that most MLM employees make much at all. Shan'ann tried her hand at several MLM's before Thrive.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015. I believe this is after they were in the house. In the bankruptcy, they included their medical bills and very high amounts of several credit cards.

Even after being able to clean their slate, they got into debt again. Why? It wasn't from one month of dating his girlfriend.

I'm just saying that finances are the number one conflict in most relationships. It was also a conflict in this relationship so much so that I believe that was one of the reasons that Chris chose to murder his entire family.

He didn't want the debt nor did he want the responsibility because he wanted to move on and to be free. Sort of "Out with the old and in with the new."

And that very same day, a few hours later after murdering her, he spoke with the realtor who was already searching for a downsized house for the family. IIRC he said he would check out the house she had in mind. Brighton is where his mistress lived, no?
Didn't he admit he screwed up in the prison interview by contacting the realtor and the school that morning?
And he was sure eager was to sell the house because he had the proceeds earmarked to replenish his funds to woo NK with and to buy a new Audi Q7, which retails for approx his annual gross salary.
You know, because certainly he couldn't drive NK around town in his work truck, and there was a good chance he planned to abandon Shanann's thrive paid for Lexus before he got caught.
CW also didn't even hint that financial stress or being forced to participate in those facebook/thrive videos played any role in his 'rage'.
MOO

Have you seen a W-2 for Shan'ann's earnings? Until I see what she actually earned, I don't believe that most MLM employees make much at all. Shan'ann tried her hand at several MLM's before Thrive.

They filed for bankruptcy in 2015. I believe this is after they were in the house. In the bankruptcy, they included their medical bills and very high amounts of several credit cards.

Even after being able to clean their slate, they got into debt again. Why? It wasn't from one month of dating his girlfriend.

I'm just saying that finances are the number one conflict in most relationships. It was also a conflict in this relationship so much so that I believe that was one of the reasons that Chris chose to murder his entire family.

He didn't want the debt nor did he want the responsibility because he wanted to move on and to be free. Sort of "Out with the old and in with the new."
Self-employed people do not get W-2's. They declare their income, usually, as an independent contractor, using a 1040 schedule C, profit and loss form to subtract expenses from gross profit to calculate a net income. You may not believe MLM ppl earn much, some do and some don't, like any other sales position, but her own husband said she made as much as he did. (And that she was such a great salesperson she could sell the clothes on your back right back to you!)
I tried my hand at dozens of jobs throughout my lifetime, my first was at a dairy making ice cream cones at 16, my last was owning a travel business at 60. Who cares? Does that make me more murderable? Few people these days stick with one job throughout their lives.

We all know they declared bankruptcy. I don't see anything new here.

I don't know any youngish people who are not in debt. Why would debt contribute to her grisly murder, and that of her little kids? That's just an excuse.

Last edited:
Self-employed people do not get W-2's. They declare their income, usually, as an independent contractor, using a 1040 schedule C, profit and loss form to subtract expenses from gross profit to calculate a net income. You may not believe MLM ppl earn much, some do and some don't, like any other sales position, but her own husband said she made as much as he did. (And that she was such a great salesperson she could sell the clothes on your back right back to you!)
I tried my hand at dozens of jobs throughout my lifetime, my first was at a dairy making ice cream cones at 16, my last was owning a travel business at 60. Who cares? Does that make me more murderable? Few people these days stick with one job throughout their lives.

We all know they declared bankruptcy. I don't see anything new here.

I don't know any youngish people who are not in debt. Why would debt contribute to her grisly murder, and that of her little kids? That's just an excuse.
It is just an excuse and if Chris really wanted to be involved in the finances he would have been. She wouldn’t let me- he is a grown man who was content, per his own words being in the background. I believe NK may have fueled that fire. She was quite adamant speaking about the car and furnishings although she knew nothing of their finances. The car was paid for by Level. SW was already talking to a realtor about selling the house and downsizing to help with their finances.

None us know why but what has that got to do with her and her children’s murder?

This is from a recent, very harrowing FA case here in the UK and I wonder if CW is the same type ?

"Alan Hawe left one final message (suicide note)
He wrote:
“I’m sure I’ve gotten lots of what I wanted to say properly, some badly. I know to many I was
so nice to them but they never knew the real me
...... Be good to your families. I just don’t know what it was that I was so normal yet so dark and no one could see it.” BBM

Evil dad Alan Hawe confessed he 'enjoyed' killing his sons in sick letter

None us know why but what has that got to do with her and her children’s murder?
It has to do with a mindset about money and finances. Why would a person just leave valuable furnishings and not take them with you or sell them for the money? It wasn't like they were rich.

Because I think that finances were part of the motive, I mentioned this. I have always wondered why she left the things. The current owner said that he didn't expect these items to be left.

This is from a recent, very harrowing FA case here in the UK and I wonder if CW is the same type ?

"Alan Hawe left one final message (suicide note)
He wrote:
“I’m sure I’ve gotten lots of what I wanted to say properly, some badly. I know to many I was
so nice to them but they never knew the real me
...... Be good to your families. I just don’t know what it was that I was so normal yet so dark and no one could see it.” BBM

Evil dad Alan Hawe confessed he 'enjoyed' killing his sons in sick letter
That is interesting. So many family annihilators go that route - an act of total control and brutality and then take their own life. With CW, I really see it less as control, rage, financial obligations, etc...as much as he simply saw his family as toys he was done playing with and caring for and was ready to move on to the next stimulation, his mistress. I think he was an expert at mimicking empathy in his life (prior to having to mimic a grieving or scared husband - that was seemingly beyond his repertoire)- so much so that people are still in disbelief. The perfect father and husband. No hinky meter to set off with most of us nor anyone in his life, really. I still see him as viewing his family as a prized, lovingly rebuilt vintage car he once loved but was now unable to keep it in a "one car garage life" so it had to go to make room for the new one. Simple as that to me. MOO

Investment in a new home includes furnishing it, not just making a dp.
CW in his latest confession suggested that SW and NUA's plane was not really delayed. That comes straight from the podcasts which attack SW, that she chose to miss a plane, got drunk, provoked him into murderous anger. His fake anecdote was just a watering down of that, and since he claims not to have internet access, only the people who call or visit him could have spread that to him.
CW could have gotten a part time job, as a well-paid mechanic for a few hours a day. Instead he spent time and money on a mistress. He didn't really have any monetary stress, he handed his paycheck straight over to bills, and spent the attaboy money cards on strange stuff instead of things for his family to help out his wife.
SW had started dealing with a realtor, but contrary to what he implies, the new downsized house was to be for the family, not just for her and her kids.
Why mention the furniture she sold to a home buyer? So what? How does that contribute to being a stressor to CW?
To work their way out of debt, why do you think she had to think about getting another job? She was already making more than her husband, working from home, what kind of job do you think she should have applied for which would earn more? How do you know they didn't "agree" on the status of their employment?
Oh, wow, I didn't know that there was talk on SM about her flight not really being delayed. That explains a lot. I thought it sounded like he was lying when he said that! Imo

It has to do with a mindset about money and finances. Why would a person just leave valuable furnishings and not take them with you or sell them for the money? It wasn't like they were rich.

Because I think that finances were part of the motive, I mentioned this. I have always wondered why she left the things. The current owner said that he didn't expect these items to be left.
According to Chris, he was happy and content in his marriage prior to meeting NK. Prior to the murders, Shannan had already contacted a realtor to sell the house and downsize , she was on board with correcting their finances. I don’t see the finances becoming a motive in 5 or 6 weeks, I see them as an excuse. He repeateded several times if not for NK, he would still be married and I think he was being truthful. He could never articulate a specific reason for his so called rage. I think he was able to disconnect from his family because they no longer were what he wanted, he wanted a different life. He stated in his interview he got used to not having to deal with kids, to being a bachelor, that doesn’t happen in 5 weeks unless you are void of the eternal emotions that would keep you attached and bonded to your children.

Is there something about CW that makes him appear helpless to women? People say SW exercised too much control over his finances. And yet, NK was already deeply involved in his finances 6 weeks into the relationship. These are discussions you have with your wife about divorcing, not the mistress IMO.

I was just rewatching NK's interview again and I am stunned by how she felt she had the right to volunteer to help him find a new place. Did he ask her? Or did she just feel entitled to involve herself? If CW was trying to escape SW due to financial control, it doesn't make a lot of sense because history was about to repeat itself with NK. She not only was involved in his budgeting but compelling him to spend money on restaurants, museums, trips to other cities, jewelry etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't go Dutch and had him pay for it all. Regardless, she wasn't exactly encouraging a thrifty lifestyle either.

A part of me believes CW has no real love for his mother and he would have just as easily killed her if an opportunity could have arised. SW and the girls were the easier target and more convenient opportunity. I believe CW has an attachment to his father that would prevent him from offing his mother.

The reason I say this is because he had no interest in her flying down to see him when he was being interrogated, he appeared angry at her speech during sentencing, and refused to make eye contact with her when she was practically begging for some acknowledgement from him. Some sign from him he was still "her boy". Even the way she describes him in interviews shows how his value to her growing up was his obedience. I think he resents however she may have raised him and treated him.

This resentment carried over to SW. He may have perceived her confidence, independence, and her indignance as slights against him. He had likely been bossed around his whole life at home and reached a breaking point, only for the wrong reasons and with the wrong person.

Look how he humiliated her in the latest interview. "She still thinks I'm being railroaded". I haven't listened to the audio because my disgust with him has reached its apex, but I perceive this comment as being condescending towards her. That and the comment of knowing his family would believe the story of SW running away with the girls or killing the girls. It's like he thinks they behave like gullible fools in regards to him. I can't say he'd be wrong in that assessment.
Chris said his mother still thinks he is being railroaded?
I'm assuming that was before she heard his latest confession. After all, she did say she wanted to here from him what really happened, and would accept it if he admitted it.
Has anyone heard of any statements from them or anything about how they are feeling now? Or is there basically complete silence?

I think SW being pregnant plays a huge role into why Chris did what he did. Just my opinion but I believe they had heated discussions about the pregnancy.
Of course. It was just one more huge obstacle for him. He may have wanted a baby before NK came along, but now how was it going to look? The first thing he said to her when she found out was, "Are we still going to be Ok?" Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks