Where Do You Think Teresa Halbach was Killed?

They were found south from the pit and were given a different tag from the items found in the pit. I have no idea where exactly this location would be but I don't doubt it is on Avery's property and somewhere near the pit.

This is a prime example of why a grid should be done when investigating an area such as the burn pit and the area around it.

I find it actually quite interesting that these items were found "south of the pit".

There is a reason that they were under a different tag number, it was a different day they were collected. #7947 was collected on the 11th of November.

Pevytoe testifies about searching that area on the 10th/11th. http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Trial-Transcript-Day-18-2007Mar07.pdf#page=5

This is a prime example of why a grid should be done when investigating an area such as the burn pit and the area around it.

I find it actually quite interesting that these items were found "south of the pit".

There is a reason that they were under a different tag number, it was a different day they were collected. #7947 was collected on the 11th of November.

Pevytoe testifies about searching that area on the 10th/11th. http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Trial-Transcript-Day-18-2007Mar07.pdf#page=5

Yea, different day and (slightly) different location

Not sure if people are still reading this thread, but if they are? It was SA & BD somewhere on the Avery's land. The reason was because SA manipulated BD into helping him carry out an opportunist crime.

Listen to the way BD talks in the back of the car during his first informal chat, not under caution. Responsive, and incriminating and certainly not being manipulated. He offers the fact she was raped without prompting. He accuses other people of crimes like planting evidence in exactly the same way that SA uses in his defence. As for first of all saying he did not see her, then he did, thence had to move out of the way to let her car pass, then he watched from his window. Both of them: Guilty.

Thank you for posting the interrogation link! I didn't know about it. I listened to entire thing, mainly to listen for him speaking about BoD which he did.

The circumstances of this interrogation are insane, easily bordering on the line of civil rights, not just for BD, but whoever was with him. The Avery family is first barred from their homes! They had to go somewhere. Then investigators stop them on side of a road, get them out of the car in November, interrogate for an an hour and twenty+, then impound their vehicle!? How could anyone not be completely unnerved, let alone an inexperienced kid with learning disabilities.

I respect your opinion, I think you picked up on BD "lying", but it may NOT be due to his own guilt. It could be to cover for someone in his family, even someone from his own home, --->BoD.

At 5:35 BoD comes up
At 6:00 he is asked does BoD live with you, I dont hear him answer.
At 6:50 "Did Bobby ever say anything about seeing her Monday?"
Loooong pause, then investigator asks "No?"
I didn't hear BD answer. (That gives me a chill)

After 7:00 he says the scratch on his nose is from a dog, "My brother's, Bobby
".

I think BoD is the polar opposite of BD, intelligent, handsome, fit, brooding, dark eyes, like a freaking shark, a predator.

If I met someone like BoD in passing, he would put me on high alert, because his appearance makes me not trust him.

I think there are "holes" in every theory I can concoct, but honestly, SA being guilty makes the least sense to me.

SA lived on that property in close proximity to his brother, sister, niece(s), nephews, and parents, along with customers roaming nearby at times he can not predict. His mom stopped over shortly after, and he went for dinner there as he often did, which shows there is somewhat of a built in accountability living there. That doesn't mean he couldn't have risked anyone seeing him or walking right up to his house while he was killing TH, but to me, it seems unlikely. On top of so much more that makes no sense about SA being the murderer; the bones being moved to right behind his place, the car very clearly left on his property, no dna of TH in the garage or trailer, Kratz's narrative at trial with no evidence to back it up, and more!

RH seems like a really likely suspect, his history with TH, his odd demeanor during searches and trial, the password issue, the cuts on his hands, and not even being able to say morning, noon, or night when he last saw TH. For this to fit, I think LE had to have been a lot more involved in the coverup, because I don't know that RH would have planted items on SA's property easily (the car I can see being planted by him but it's hard for me to fit the pieces of how and when he burned her body and planted it).

As for ST, I think he's top on my list. He lived on Highway 147 at the time, and TH most likely would have taken this route to get home. From what I understand, ST first mentions the bonfire, and also tells LE that he believes SA and BD had a sexual relationship (I'm not sure if he said inappropriate or he felt BD was ok with it?), and these both point to framing SA. I don't find it too hard to believe that when enough people, LE included, mention a bonfire that night, SA and BD, and even Barb, can think their timeline is off and maybe there was a fire that night and not a week prior, or whenever. (That sentence is jambled, I apologize, I can't find another way to word it.) I think it's possible ST murdered TH, burned her body, planted the bones and RAV4. He likely knew she was going to be there that day, and could have waited for her along highway 147, or right outside the Avery property. Did Bobby see something he shouldn't have and ST threatened him to help or just to give him an alibi!? Maybe. If he'd murdered her at his trailer and/or burned her on his property, he's had an unlimited amount of time to get rid of evidence because he was never looked at as a suspect, and his property was never searched.

THIS post, by far, makes the most sense! I am fully agreeing with you!! My thoughts exactly!

My guess is that Avery killed her in his bedroom (strangled perhaps, maybe throat sliced... who knows). Then he wrapped her up in the sheets and comforter (I believe his bed was found with no coverings on it at all, so this is plausible) and dragged her into the garage and put a bullet or two into her "just in case."

I am a firm believer she was killed off Kuss road, thrown into the back of her RAV and buried at the quarry. No one can tell me otherwise, the evidence shows this.

I have been thinking that she and the RAV4 were in the trees at Kuss Rd. for a day or two? possibly? Kuss Rd. really does seem to play a bigger part than the prosecution wanted everyone to think and know. Seeing where the scent dogs tracked, makes this theory more believable IMO

I have been thinking that she and the RAV4 were in the trees at Kuss Rd. for a day or two? possibly? Kuss Rd. really does seem to play a bigger part than the prosecution wanted everyone to think and know. Seeing where the scent dogs tracked, makes this theory more believable IMO

Yeah. Those places could have just been staging areas. The real murder scene could be 40 miles away, for all we know.

OR those places could have been where everything went down.
We know too much and too little simultaneously.

I think there are "holes" in every theory I can concoct, but honestly, SA being guilty makes the least sense to me.

SA lived on that property in close proximity to his brother, sister, niece(s), nephews, and parents, along with customers roaming nearby at times he can not predict. His mom stopped over shortly after, and he went for dinner there as he often did, which shows there is somewhat of a built in accountability living there. That doesn't mean he couldn't have risked anyone seeing him or walking right up to his house while he was killing TH, but to me, it seems unlikely. On top of so much more that makes no sense about SA being the murderer; the bones being moved to right behind his place, the car very clearly left on his property, no dna of TH in the garage or trailer, Kratz's narrative at trial with no evidence to back it up, and more!

RH seems like a really likely suspect, his history with TH, his odd demeanor during searches and trial, the password issue, the cuts on his hands, and not even being able to say morning, noon, or night when he last saw TH. For this to fit, I think LE had to have been a lot more involved in the coverup, because I don't know that RH would have planted items on SA's property easily (the car I can see being planted by him but it's hard for me to fit the pieces of how and when he burned her body and planted it).

As for ST, I think he's top on my list. He lived on Highway 147 at the time, and TH most likely would have taken this route to get home. From what I understand, ST first mentions the bonfire, and also tells LE that he believes SA and BD had a sexual relationship (I'm not sure if he said inappropriate or he felt BD was ok with it?), and these both point to framing SA. I don't find it too hard to believe that when enough people, LE included, mention a bonfire that night, SA and BD, and even Barb, can think their timeline is off and maybe there was a fire that night and not a week prior, or whenever. (That sentence is jambled, I apologize, I can't find another way to word it.) I think it's possible ST murdered TH, burned her body, planted the bones and RAV4. He likely knew she was going to be there that day, and could have waited for her along highway 147, or right outside the Avery property. Did Bobby see something he shouldn't have and ST threatened him to help or just to give him an alibi!? Maybe. If he'd murdered her at his trailer and/or burned her on his property, he's had an unlimited amount of time to get rid of evidence because he was never looked at as a suspect, and his property was never searched.
I think that because of all publicity from SA release from jail that it is very possible that he was framed for this crime. He was all over the news. What idiot leaves the person you killed car and key to said car on your room. He left this there even after being questioned. The DNA evidence hot him off the first time but helps convict him the second time. Hmm. I just do not see how a guy that worked so hard to be released would do something so stupid to go right back . It just does not make sense to me. But maybe he did not like being out of prison and wanted to go back?

I think that because of all publicity from SA release from jail that it is very possible that he was framed for this crime. He was all over the news. What idiot leaves the person you killed car and key to said car on your room. He left this there even after being questioned. The DNA evidence hot him off the first time but helps convict him the second time. Hmm. I just do not see how a guy that worked so hard to be released would do something so stupid to go right back . It just does not make sense to me. But maybe he did not like being out of prison and wanted to go back?

BBM

Of course, if SA did want to go back to prison, there'd be no need to go to the lengths ascribed to him by the state.

BBM

Of course, if SA did want to go back to prison, there'd be no need to go to the lengths ascribed to him by the state.
Yeah - he could have just gone out shooting "his rifle" but of course that didn't seem to bother the cops till it suited.

I dont see any way that SA didn't have a major hand in this crime.. This is too much of a walks like a duck acts like a duck scenario for me. You would have to believe that someone knew she would be there murdered her with the intent of framing SA and then had access to all of the places where evidence was left with no one else knowing and SA not seeing it. I believe that SA had a part in it. I also believe there is a possibility of more people being involved but I believe SA was main contributor.

I dont see any way that SA didn't have a major hand in this crime.. This is too much of a walks like a duck acts like a duck scenario for me. You would have to believe that someone knew she would be there murdered her with the intent of framing SA and then had access to all of the places where evidence was left with no one else knowing and SA not seeing it. I believe that SA had a part in it. I also believe there is a possibility of more people being involved but I believe SA was main contributor.

Murdered her where though? It sure wasn't in his house because the blood evidence was not found in there.

Sounds like you just scratched the surface. BoD knew she would be there, and hated SA, and was hot for TH, and is a psycho, and the whole D family lied for BoD's whereabouts. BoD was gone from the D residence, and yet knew TH left a message on the phone, yeah he was waiting for her arrival. The RAV4 is such a frame job, easy for a mechanically minded human to see. The RAV4 key, doesn't have any TH DNA on it? Some people will never be able to see it, I understand.

This is tough....

The biggest things that make me think SA did not do it is the lack of evidence found throughout his trailer and garage, but there is one thing that really irks me besides that: the car crusher. TH's car is a MAJOR "sore thumb" and SA would know how to crush it, leaving no trace behind. Why would he just throw some trash on it and not get rid of it forever by crushing it?

To answer the thread, I also believe that "the duo" of Scott and Bobby were somehow the ones that initially killed her. Of all the things I have read, one point really sticks out to me that has never been expanded on. If Scott had personally hunting properties, why was he in the middle of the road hunting, and this was never fully explained: why was he so desperately trying to sell a .22 rifle right around the time TH died?

I think that Scott and Bobby either harassed and killed her together, or it was a crazy accident that they used SA to cover up with. Crazy accident being something like a stray bullet happening to kill her (I will try to dig up The Trial Went Cold episode where a woman died from what appeared to be a stray rifle shot through her trunk), accidentally running her over, etc.

They are each other's alibis and have a pretty weak and honestly stupidly goofy alibi "derp, we waved passing each other" :rolleyes: Was GPS car records or phone records ever checked?

There are many other holes I will expand upon as I remember.

Who? Bobby D.
Where? Close to ST lot.
Why? The computer *advertiser censored*/opportunity/ claw injuries/crushed blazer/Lied about computer location in house/cell tower's

He could of flagged her down to take pictures between ASY and ST where he said he was going to hunt, or car trouble.

It's hard to accept someone who spent 18 years in prison, a place people talk about crime, and the best ways to beat the system, would leave the RAV like that. This is after cleaning everything else to perfection? Plus no mixed DNA, a bullet with no bone with the victims DNA, a single key with only his DNA. LE or Bobby D ability to plant his blood. The inability for the coroner to do her job because of LE threats puts the bones into question.

Whoever was watching all the morbid *advertiser censored* is way more likely to be the killer. So either BD, or ST, or both. The *advertiser censored* found on SA computer they reported as being normal. This was a sick crime, takes a sick person. I believe the morbid *advertiser censored* searches started up again after SA and Brendan where locked up.

SA mind set was, I'm guessing more on the lines of getting paid and laid.

Bobby D mind set is obvious from the searches on the internet. Rape, mutilation, murder.

RH mind set was jealousy, he is more likely to have done it than SA. I just don't think he had as much opportunity as Bobby, and more importantly the mind set.

Easy, simple--where do you think it happened?

Some suggestions....

• The Garage
  • SA's House
  • The Pit
  • Another House on the Property
  • Another Location in Manitowoc County
  • Another Location in Calumet County
  • The Ice Shack
  • Another Option

I've had this nagging question in the back of my mind that has not been explored at all. I don't even think it has been mentioned much. When SA was first exonerated, he said he lived in an ice shack. Well, having done some ice fishing in my time, I know that you cannot leave that ice shack on the lake/river/body of water when it gets warm. There are dates by which every ice shack must be removed.

When TH was killed, the weather was just getting cold, which means the ice shack couldn't possibly be located on the lake. So, where was it? Was it on the Avery property? For me, I believe it is possible that TH was killed there. But, I wanted to throw out the question as to where it happened.

I'm going to take this a bit further as well. Not only where do you think she was killed, but also who killed her and why?

I think TH was killed at _________ by __________ because_____________.

It will be interesting to see the answers! Happy Sleuthing to all!

I believe she was killed either in Avery's bedroom or his garage. Avery choked her in his bedroom and then took her to the garage and shot her to make sure she was dead and not simply unconscious. If she was only unconscious then shooting her would be what killer her. If she were already dead from being strangled then she died in the bedroom.

I believe she was killed either in Avery's bedroom or his garage. Avery choked her in his bedroom and then took her to the garage and shot her to make sure she was dead and not simply unconscious. If she was only unconscious then shooting her would be what killer her. If she were already dead from being strangled then she died in the bedroom.

Do you really think someone who was being so heavily pursued as a suspect would be able to clean up all that forensic evidence without leaving a trace?

Even more so someone as dimwitted as Stephen Avery?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back