Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

There's a lot going on, probably starting in the next few months.

Go to Tricia's post above and listen to her latest podcast with Cynic and Zahau family Atty Keith Greer. That pretty much gives a good review and a little timeline about next steps.

Other things Mr. Greer referenced: if you haven't checked out the press conference in December by San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore. It's a lot of hoo ha, but it covers his rationale for maintaining that RZ's death was a suicide.

San Diego County Sheriff's Department

Also suggest you check out Keith Greer's radio interview from several weeks ago. He gives a good update on the settlement, the evidence he's been compiling to use to appeal to the San Diego ME to change the official cause of RZ's death to murder. In the podcast interview with Tricia, he goes into some of his strategy for challenging the current COD for RZ.

ETA: He also mentioned some details in Judge Bacal's ruling Link to post w/ link to ruling below

Link to Greer's recent radio interview, lots of good info here:

Zahau family attorney: “I anticipate Adam Shacknai will end up behind bars”

They did one with Adam that was quite interesting, so we should probably listen to that one, too. Link is back a few pages.

I hope he doesn't mind, but I'm going to call him (Greer) Keith. It's easier. In the podcast, he mentions going back to review again the many posts here in this sub discussing theories about how the murder took place and debunking some claims and evidence. It's all needed to help build the case for change in the COD ruling, etc. Keith says even now, they're talking to people who were friends, etc. of the Shacknais and others and are discovering more information we didn't have before. More connections that may be made. He's right, there are many aspects of this case, crime scene, etc. that never made sense, so its time to review and share theories again, reopen discussion.

Cynic, should we reach out and PM some of our old participants? I'll try to set aside some time to go back and review some stuff.

JMO, I think there's a lot that can be learned from this case when it comes to understanding how sometimes LE does the wrong thing and how they go about managing that.

ETA: My only big delay in helping out here is that I've been following the Rhoden Family Massacre case for the last 3 yrs. Very complicated with 8 murder victims, 4 crime scenes, 4 killers, 2 accomplices (all from the same family, all being tried separately), 12 defense attorneys and prosecutors & LE that are even more secretive than in the Zahau case. It's all in pre-trial hearings right now and we can't even get access to any of the most basic court docs. o_O:eek:
Hey Betty, that would definitely be worthwhile.
It’s somewhat natural to put this case on the back burner as a consequence of the victory in civil court, but there is much that needs to be done as outlined by Keith.
As you say, “it’s time to review and share theories again, reopen discussion.

Went by the house last Thursday and there was a sign planted in front.
I don’t understand why it has not shown up on any online real estate listing sites.
Ever since you mentioned it, I’ve checked every few days and Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Openlistings, and Realtor, have all described it as off-market. The property history shows it as being de-listed on March 6, 2018.
If it’s for sale they are adopting a very strange strategy, one which will certainly not attract buyers from outside the immediate area.
RealEstateListing-2019.jpg

IF you don't put it on the MLS, it won't go on the other sites unless you enter it manually. They could be working a pocket listing or even already have a contract on it and looking for backups. Common down here. I've had a sign up before putting on MLS while doing work inside. Lets neighbors know and have sold a few that way. Never made it to the MLS.

You do not have to ever put it on the MLS. That is a choice. Its just an advertising venue to other agents.

Sorry I missed the questions. There was a sign in front from a broker that I didn't recognize (not Scott Aurich who helped finagle the previous "sale/not sale"). My hunch is that they want to sell on the down low. I'll do another drive by and see if I can figure out what the scoop is.

edited to add: it didn't have Aurich's name on it, but I guess if it is a pocket sort of listing that doesn't mean anything.

I checked over the weekend and there is a big red "for sale" sign in the front lawn. Just a phone number on it and of course I googled it. The number goes to a company called Harris Connor, LLC / Professional Sales. Apparently they sell high end "stuff" for those wanting to stay out of the public eye. At least, that was my take on reading their website. The mansion is featured on their site.

eta: sales price is a whopping $17,500,000

Doug here, Rebecca Zahau's brother in law. First I would like to that everyone here that has supported us with prayers, advice and financially. It has been a long 8 years of reading all your posts theory's and ideas. If you guys have any questions for me feel free to ask and I hope my responses don't get me kicked off for some rule violation. I will not comment on our future plans and anything we are currently working on.
Again I want to say thank you to everyone here for all the support.

Hi Doug, Welcome to our little corner of the world! Long 8 years that seem like yesterday!

Are you able to discuss how you and Mary connected initially with Ann and then the transition to Keith. I've been curious how you obtain competent legal help for something of this magnitude. It was challenging enough trying to find my divorce attorney.

Appreciate you reaching out to us.

Doug here, Rebecca Zahau's brother in law. First I would like to that everyone here that has supported us with prayers, advice and financially. It has been a long 8 years of reading all your posts theory's and ideas. If you guys have any questions for me feel free to ask and I hope my responses don't get me kicked off for some rule violation. I will not comment on our future plans and anything we are currently working on.
Again I want to say thank you to everyone here for all the support.

Wonderful to have you posting here.:):)
It certainly has been a very long time, for all the family, in this horrid battle.

To discuss how we obtained Anne and transitioned to Mr. Greer would a lengthy post, in short. I was contacted by an author who works/knows Anne. Then later we spoke with Anne about the direction we were wanting to go. After some discussions we retained Anne and went forward. As the case progressed Anne brought on Marty and things really changed, for the better with the information that was coming in. The case then was too involved for Marty and Anne so Marty referred us to Mr. Greer who then knocked the socks off AS defense team. Actually one defense attorney lost his pants during trial.
Dealing with attorneys, litigation, depositions, (Mary actually gave 3 depositions in total over 12 hours worth) the loss of Becky and just the stress of a family and work. It was difficult on all of us, we managed and emerged victorious. The easy part was we as family in the beginning decided that a civil trial was our best option for exposing the truth. Now that being said usually that is not the best course of action. We stayed strong and kept our focus on just showing that Rebecca was murdered. We never wanted any of their money and declined to take any prior to trail.

To discuss how we obtained Anne and transitioned to Mr. Greer would a lengthy post, in short. I was contacted by an author who works/knows Anne. Then later we spoke with Anne about the direction we were wanting to go. After some discussions we retained Anne and went forward. As the case progressed Anne brought on Marty and things really changed, for the better with the information that was coming in. The case then was too involved for Marty and Anne so Marty referred us to Mr. Greer who then knocked the socks off AS defense team. Actually one defense attorney lost his pants during trial.
Dealing with attorneys, litigation, depositions, (Mary actually gave 3 depositions in total over 12 hours worth) the loss of Becky and just the stress of a family and work. It was difficult on all of us, we managed and emerged victorious. The easy part was we as family in the beginning decided that a civil trial was our best option for exposing the truth. Now that being said usually that is not the best course of action. We stayed strong and kept our focus on just showing that Rebecca was murdered. We never wanted any of their money and declined to take any prior to trail.
It was perfect from where I was viewing. Mr Greer is The Man. And Mary should be very proud of how she conducted herself and is standing firm for her sister.

I'm so sorry Rebecca's family and loved ones had to go through any of this horrendous ordeal, on top of coping with her loss.

I've never heard that expression of losing one's pants before! At least I'm assuming it's a metaphor and his pants didn't literally fall down. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back