GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if she was sleeping, she would have woken up and struggled.

I don’t buy his story that she didn’t try to fight back. I think she tried, but was powerless to do anything with him on top of her.
You are probably right but I’m having a hard time picturing it unless he is on her back. Is that what you think?

To put it a better way: this could be a better solution than making the tax payer in the State of Wisconsin foot the bill to have a murderer in jail. Would you like to be paying for his bills in jail?

SBM

Honestly? Yes. Considering what he did, I would personally pay to keep him in prison. I feel that strongly about the crime and his actions.

This concise timeline will be helpful for any newcomers to this thread. Dating back to the 11th June.

From a happy pregnancy announcement to a shallow grave: The full timeline of the Chris Watts murder case
Good summary. From the article:
"August 13, 10:10 a.m.: After disposing of the bodies of his wife and daughters at an oil site where he works, Chris Watts looks up the lyrics to a Metallica song, "Battery."
The song contains the lyrics: "Smashing through the boundaries/ Lunacy has found me/ Cannot stop the battery/ Pounding out aggression/ Turns into obsession/ Cannot kill the battery/ Cannot kill the family."

In an interview with investigators in February, after he was sentenced, Watts said he was looking up the lyrics to the song because Kessinger liked it and asked him what it meant.

He denied looking up the lyrics on the way to or from the oil site after the murders."
So CW lied the timing of when he looked up the lyrics. For supposedly having such a great memory, he lied multiple times during that prison interview about easily verifiable facts.

I am still confused about why he said it was NK who asked him about what it meant. Was that just another lie? As a big Metallica fan, it doesn't make much sense to look up lyrics for a song he was already familiar with. Wouldn't he just play it instead if it was just for him?

Good summary. From the article:
"August 13, 10:10 a.m.: After disposing of the bodies of his wife and daughters at an oil site where he works, Chris Watts looks up the lyrics to a Metallica song, "Battery."
The song contains the lyrics: "Smashing through the boundaries/ Lunacy has found me/ Cannot stop the battery/ Pounding out aggression/ Turns into obsession/ Cannot kill the battery/ Cannot kill the family."

In an interview with investigators in February, after he was sentenced, Watts said he was looking up the lyrics to the song because Kessinger liked it and asked him what it meant.

He denied looking up the lyrics on the way to or from the oil site after the murders."
So CW lied the timing of when he looked up the lyrics. For supposedly having such a great memory, he lied multiple times during that prison interview about easily verifiable facts.

I am still confused about why he said it was NK who asked him about what it meant. Was that just another lie? As a big Metallica fan, it doesn't make much sense to look up lyrics for a song he was already familiar with. Wouldn't he just play it instead if it was just for him?

That's one of Metallica's biggest songs, too. Even I know the lyrics to it and it's not my kind of music. I can't believe that he would need to look it up, but what a weird thing to lie about. Of course, this is coming from the same dude who had to Google "when to say 'I love you'" so there's that...

Yes. But but if he had her arms pinned, she could have struggled but been powerless to do anything.

That wouldn’t show up in the form of defensive injuries.

I don’t for a second believe that she just laid there and gave up.

And no one gets strangled in their sleep without first waking up. Deep sleep or not.

He had no intention of having a nice visit with her. He saw he chance. SW wrapped in sheets and or covers, asleep, trapped like a mummy. He pounced on top blocking any movement and strangled her quickly. Because he is a coward...

Yes. But but if he had her arms pinned, she could have struggled but been powerless to do anything.

That wouldn’t show up in the form of defensive injuries.

I don’t for a second believe that she just laid there and gave up.

And no one gets strangled in their sleep without first waking up. Deep sleep or not.

He's delusional and lying through his teeth about Shanann meekly lying back and praying for him as he strangled her.

The body will automatically respond by struggling when something is crushing the windpipe and blocking off air. Its instinct.

His lies are as believable as Steven Avery's. Maybe they can be buddies since they're in the same prison and share similar evil tendencies.

moo

He's delusional and lying through his teeth about Shanann meekly lying back and praying for him as he strangled her.

The body will automatically respond by struggling when something is crushing the windpipe and blocking off air. Its instinct.

His lies are as believable as Steven Avery's. Maybe they can be buddies since they're in the same prison and share similar evil tendencies.

moo

Agree. A woman THAT proactive about getting proper medical care for her kids, that worried about protecting one from a potentially dangerous nut allergy, that spends so much time posting about nutrition and energy and living a good life would certainly NOT just lie back and wait for death. He's probably telling himself that she didn't fight back to partially excuse what he did. "Well, she didn't, like, struggle so it must have been, like, she didn't, like, mind dying or something."

moo

So Steven Avery is there? He and PF can chat about how something from a burn pile can do you in?

So Steven Avery is there? He and PF can chat about how something from a burn pile can do you in?

Yup, Dodge Correctional in WI.

Chris Coleman too, he strangled his wife and two sons and then mumbled about his wife not performing her wifely duties and now says he was "set up".

Who knows, maybe Patrick Frazee will be sent there too and they can start their own little "mentor" group?:mad:

moo

Agree. A woman THAT proactive about getting proper medical care for her kids, that worried about protecting one from a potentially dangerous nut allergy, that spends so much time posting about nutrition and energy and living a good life would certainly NOT just lie back and wait for death. He's probably telling himself that she didn't fight back to partially excuse what he did. "Well, she didn't, like, struggle so it must have been, like, she didn't, like, mind dying or something."

And she was pregnant and would likely have done anything to protect the baby growing inside her too.
Chris Watt's lies are so obvious and stupid that I think he got his IQ score from a fortune cookie.

moo

I understand what you are saying. However did anyone look up in that particular prison what the mentoring program is all about? In one of the prison's I could find the phrase that mentoring program consists of assisting other prison inmates with addiction services and other areas along those lines. Life goes on behind prison walls and it's actually a good thing if the facility trains certain individuals in certain areas to keep the costs of the prison down. It does state, on the site in the prison he is in that they do an assessment on the inmate upon his entry into the prison. Maybe that assessment either gives options or REQUIREMENTS to the inmate that he must fulfill: like working in the prison. The education level, level of intelligence (which may include an IQ test to verify the ability to learn and retain information), and other assessments could be made. Not every prisoner is going to have the appropriate requirements to do this kind of work. Maybe CW scored high that he had the appropriate knowledge or capability of learning to actually be able to do that kind of work program.

Personally I'd like to see inmates helping other inmates. It's in no way excusing what he did rather it's keeping the costs down in the prison's to save money from being taken out of the budget for the city or state or even government funding. It's not such a bad idea and if this is where he is suited to be placed the kudos to him.

To put it a better way: this could be a better solution than making the tax payer in the State of Wisconsin foot the bill to have a murderer in jail. Would you like to be paying for his bills in jail?
I'm not clear on how a prison mentoring system really keeps the bills down for taxpayers. Forced labor might, but most people find it offensive in this day and age. You can't replace therapists with prisoners for obvious reasons - so a mentoring program is actually in some ways just more expensive - to administrate. Not saying it does not have value, but I fail to see the monetary value. And there are some who say criminals go to jail to really learn how to commit crime...so there's that, too. MOO

The Agents are employees of the State of Colorado (FBI --federal government), and the doc/audio disclosure out of their control.
Not releasing the information would have required a court order overruling the state law. MOO

Will the covert video of the WI interview be released? Is that also available under FOIA?

Yes, when you think about it, it is not just ridiculous that he would say she didn't fight back on her own accord, it is a horrible thing to say. And stupid. I'm just wondering who drew the short end of the stick to give out IQ tests in prison and is that a job someone who really knows what they are doing willingly takes?

I'm not clear on how a prison mentoring system really keeps the bills down for taxpayers. Forced labor might, but most people find it offensive in this day and age. You can't replace therapists with prisoners for obvious reasons - so a mentoring program is actually in some ways just more expensive - to administrate. Not saying it does not have value, but I fail to see the monetary value. And there are some who say criminals go to jail to really learn how to commit crime...so there's that, too. MOO

I agree. In a similar situation, my mom was a teacher in the adult (GED) and juvenile (high school/middle school) detention centers for almost 20 years. Counselors and teachers still have to be state certified, educated, and licensed, even when they're working with inmates. Occasionally prisoners would become aids or helpers, but to take over the actual job, they still had to be college-educated and certified-both of which cost money and are usually paid for by tax payers if the prisoner receives the education while incarcerated.

Like you, I'm not saying that it doesn't have value, but I, too, fail to see the monetary value in such a thing.

I think I've been making an error...? Jim came on Monday afternoon , not Sunday? I was thinking he was her alibi for early Monday a.m. Puzzling cuz I had sure thought jim came sunday, but nk clearly says monday, around the time she got off work, 3:45 ish.

Yes, when you think about it, it is not just ridiculous that he would say she didn't fight back on her own accord, it is a horrible thing to say. And stupid. I'm just wondering who drew the short end of the stick to give out IQ tests in prison and is that a job someone who really knows what they are doing willingly takes?

I think it's another way of passing the buck and blaming someone else-something that this dude is VERY good at. In a subtle way, he was blaming her non reaction for his actions. (It's her fault, too, because she didn't make me stop.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.