GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...pher-Watts-Redacted-Interview-Feb-18-2019.pdf
From page 26
(With regard to if WATTS spoke to KESSINGER after the murders.)
He spoke to KESSINGER on Monday, August 13, 2018.
He and KESSINGER texted and then spoke on the phone.
KESSINGER said she believed SHANANN took off with his daughters.
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, KESSINGER kept asking him “weird” questions through textmessage to try and determine if it was really him.
KESSINGER asked him what his dog’s name was and what yoga studio he went to.
It was possible KESSINGER believed SHANANN had his cellphone and she was making sure.
KESSINGER told him it was the last time he would hear from her and she was going to stay with her friend, JIM.
KESSINGER told him not to contact her “until this is done.”
KESSINGER told him to delete everything on his cellphone.
He didn’t delete everything from KESSINGER and he is not sure why.
IIRC CW actually said in the interview that NK asked him the name of HER dog and what yoga studio SHE went to. She seemed to be confirming his identity via text BEFORE she asked him to delete everything on his phone.

It also wouldn't have been possible that Shanann had his phone if CW told NK the day before that Shanann had left, so that part doesn't make any sense. I can't remember if CW actually said that or if it was another error from the person who redacted the interview.

It just seems really strange that NK was so paranoid the day after they went missing that she thought law enforcement already had access to CW's phone. It also seems strange that NK told him not to contact her "until this is done".

Or is it all just more lies and nonsense from CW?
MOO

I think I've been making an error...? Jim came on Monday afternoon , not Sunday? I was thinking he was her alibi for early Monday a.m. Puzzling cuz I had sure thought jim came sunday, but nk clearly says monday, around the time she got off work, 3:45 ish.
Yes, Monday. He was at her house when she went home.
MOO

https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...pher-Watts-Redacted-Interview-Feb-18-2019.pdf
From page 26
(With regard to if WATTS spoke to KESSINGER after the murders.)
He spoke to KESSINGER on Monday, August 13, 2018.
He and KESSINGER texted and then spoke on the phone.
KESSINGER said she believed SHANANN took off with his daughters.
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, KESSINGER kept asking him “weird” questions through textmessage to try and determine if it was really him.
KESSINGER asked him what his dog’s name was and what yoga studio he went to.
It was possible KESSINGER believed SHANANN had his cellphone and she was making sure.
KESSINGER told him it was the last time he would hear from her and she was going to stay with her friend, JIM.
KESSINGER told him not to contact her “until this is done.”
KESSINGER told him to delete everything on his cellphone.
He didn’t delete everything from KESSINGER and he is not sure why.
IIRC CW actually said in the interview that NK asked him the name of HER dog and what yoga studio SHE went to. She seemed to be confirming his identity via text BEFORE she asked him to delete everything on his phone.

It also wouldn't have been possible that Shanann had his phone if CW told NK the day before that Shanann had left, so that part doesn't make any sense. I can't remember if CW actually said that or if it was another error from the person who redacted the interview.

It just seems really strange that NK was so paranoid the day after they went missing that she thought law enforcement already had access to CW's phone. It also seems strange that NK told him not to contact her "until this is done".

Or is it all just more lies and nonsense from CW?
MOO

As dumb as NK came across at times, I don't think she's naive. After a hot and heavy affair, his wife and kids suddenly come up "missing"? She's probably watched Lifetime and Dateline like the rest of us. As the mistress, she had to have known that they'd be checking her out, and a part of her MUST have thought, "oh crap."

I agree. In a similar situation, my mom was a teacher in the adult (GED) and juvenile (high school/middle school) detention centers for almost 20 years. Counselors and teachers still have to be state certified, educated, and licensed, even when they're working with inmates. Occasionally prisoners would become aids or helpers, but to take over the actual job, they still had to be college-educated and certified-both of which cost money and are usually paid for by tax payers if the prisoner receives the education while incarcerated.

Like you, I'm not saying that it doesn't have value, but I, too, fail to see the monetary value in such a thing.

Someone who has the skills to kill people with his bare hands doesn't seem to be the type you would put in a one-to-one mentoring position.

What if that unnamed force took him over once again and caused him to kill another prisoner?

He wouldn't even need a shiv.....just those rage-driven hands.

Shouldn't an out-of-control killer like this be housed alone with his meals shoved through a hole in the door?

Yes.

Someone who has the skills to kill people with his bare hands doesn't seem to be the type you would put in a one-to-one mentoring position.

What if that unnamed force took him over once again and caused him to kill another prisoner?

He wouldn't even need a shiv.....just those rage-driven hands.

Shouldn't an out-of-control killer like this be housed alone with his meals shoved through a hole in the door?

Yes.

It definitely doesn't seem like a position they'd put him in so early into his incarceration. He's earned nothing at this point, not a thing. To be a mentor he'd first have to be a mentee and show some sort of knack for it. Dude is delusional.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed; off topic>

As dumb as NK came across at times, I don't think she's naive. After a hot and heavy affair, his wife and kids suddenly come up "missing"? She's probably watched Lifetime and Dateline like the rest of us. As the mistress, she had to have known that they'd be checking her out, and a part of her MUST have thought, "oh crap."
She totally knew it from Tuesday morning on. That, I believe. She certainly did a 180 quickly though! At the very least, she knew it was making BIG news and she didn't want to be dragged in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly ever post, but I just finished listening to the interview with the detectives.

It took me a few days to get through the interview. I was disturbed by the jovial nature of the conversation, by all parties involved. I know they were just trying to get more details from him, but it was sometimes unpleasant to hear the laughing and overall chummy banter.

My mind went back and forth, as to whether he was telling the truth. I think he was truthful at times but not completely, as most of us feel here at WS. One of the things that impacted me was, toward the end of the interview, when he said he told his teacher that he went to China on summer vacation and she believed him. He seemed proud of that, and I thought it was a very strange thing to bring up. Seems good at lying and being believed?

Personally, I think it is unlikely that they had sex that night. The way he answered the questions pertaining to that subject was a bit sketchy. I think the breakup conversation happened, and she was distraught. He was angry (for all of the reasons he bought up in the interview, family conflict, Shannann being dominant, etc) and he truly did not love her anymore. He was in love with Nichol, with whom he could ‘be himself’... for the first time in his life, and that is all the motive he needed to carry out the actions that followed. He keeps talking about how he wishes that he could have stopped the affair. I don’t believe that for a second. He wanted the family gone, for Nichol. That was the true, deep motive. Simple.

The circumstances with the daughters is truly heinous, and I can hardly think about the scenario. I was shocked by those details. He keeps saying he didn’t know what he was doing that night. He did. He wanted to be with Nichol. That is it.

I did note that he seems somewhat accepting of his new life in prison. Maybe he doesn’t want the responsibility of living life ‘on the ‘outside’. He did say he was one to sit back and go with the flow.

It definitely doesn't seem like a position they'd put him in so early into his incarceration. He's earned nothing at this point, not a thing. To be a mentor he'd first have to be a mentee and show some sort of knack for it. Dude is delusional.

I about flipped my lid when he said people write him for spiritual advice. :eek:

I agree. I also think a mentor would need to have empathy, and he completely lacks that.

This concise timeline will be helpful for any newcomers to this thread. Dating back to the 11th June.

From a happy pregnancy announcement to a shallow grave: The full timeline of the Chris Watts murder case
These are two very different versions about what happened on July 4th but I suppose that both could have happened? o_O

"July 4: Kessinger told police she went to Chris Watts' house for the first time on the Fourth of July to "set up his diet and weight loss/exercise goals." "He invited her to his home, he cooked lunch, they ate and she left," according to police documents.

Watts told a different story to investigators in February 2019. He said he woke up at Kessinger's home the morning of July 4 to several missed calls from his wife.

He said he told Kessinger he needed to go home in case his wife called back and that Kessinger got mad, realizing that she would always be the "other person" and that he would put his wife first. He told investigators she told him it would be best if they didn't see each other for the rest of the day, but later invited him back to her house."

She certainly scrambled for damage control quickly, to cover her own behind.

I think she had that sinking feeling that her secret affair with a family annihilator was going to be exposed, but I don't think she realized just how much scrutiny she'd draw from around the world -- including her google searches, texts and butt-squeezing bikini shots.

I wonder who will play NK when they do the Lifetime Movie?
Ugh.:eek:

moo

Yes, when you think about it, it is not just ridiculous that he would say she didn't fight back on her own accord, it is a horrible thing to say. And stupid. I'm just wondering who drew the short end of the stick to give out IQ tests in prison and is that a job someone who really knows what they are doing willingly takes?
My guess is they either don't share with the inmates accurate test results, or they did share accurate test results with CW, and he inflated his IQ score quite a bit when asked about it in the interview...

Yes, when you think about it, it is not just ridiculous that he would say she didn't fight back on her own accord, it is a horrible thing to say. And stupid. I'm just wondering who drew the short end of the stick to give out IQ tests in prison and is that a job someone who really knows what they are doing willingly takes?

The answer is, yes. You'd be surprised how many forensic psychologists are Ph.Ds. Also, the counties might contract known neuropsychologists to perform tests.

It is another thing that we don't know whether CW read through the official report and sat down with a neuropsychologist to discuss the results. If not, if he just heard some number from them, what he cited may not be valid.

In either case, we are comparing the inconsistencies in the interview of a person who is in 23-hour isolation with the results of his IQ. His IQ (if we are to believe the numbers) merely states that on a given day, he performed on some standardized intellectual tests better than, say, 98% of the population (depending on what his IQ really is). His IQ results can predict how well he can do in college and, maybe, what kind of a job he can potentially handle, but even this is a stretch.

His IQ can not predict his behavior, acts of violence, or the explanations he chooses to provide.

There are lots of questions about that night that we would like to know, but I doubt that even the factual part could ever be restored. As to the motivations, it is one big "?"

<modsnip>

She totally knew it from Tuesday morning on. That, I believe. She certainly did a 180 quickly though! At the very least, she knew it was making BIG news and she didn't want to be dragged in.

I think she knew from the moment he asked her about the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly ever post, but I just finished listening to the interview with the detectives.

It took me a few days to get through the interview. I was disturbed by the jovial nature of the conversation, by all parties involved. I know they were just trying to get more details from him, but it was sometimes unpleasant to hear the laughing and overall chummy banter.

My mind went back and forth, as to whether he was telling the truth. I think he was truthful at times but not completely, as most of us feel here at WS. One of the things that impacted me was, toward the end of the interview, when he said he told his teacher that he went to China on summer vacation and she believed him. He seemed proud of that, and I thought it was a very strange thing to bring up. Seems good at lying and being believed?

Personally, I think it is unlikely that they had sex that night. The way he answered the questions pertaining to that subject was a bit sketchy. I think the breakup conversation happened, and she was distraught. He was angry (for all of the reasons he bought up in the interview, family conflict, Shannann being dominant, etc) and he truly did not love her anymore. He was in love with Nichol, with whom he could ‘be himself’... for the first time in his life, and that is all the motive he needed to carry out the actions that followed. He keeps talking about how he wishes that he could have stopped the affair. I don’t believe that for a second. He wanted the family gone, for Nichol. That was the true, deep motive. Simple.

The circumstances with the daughters is truly heinous, and I can hardly think about the scenario. I was shocked by those details. He keeps saying he didn’t know what he was doing that night. He did. He wanted to be with Nichol. That is it.

I did note that he seems somewhat accepting of his new life in prison. Maybe he doesn’t want the responsibility of living life ‘on the ‘outside’. He did say he was one to sit back and go with the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie