OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
(thank you for starting this thread. i've been hoping one would pop up for a few days. i was too chicken to do it myself. ;) .

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) — A Wilmington father Tyler Davis, 29, went missing February 24th at the Hilton Easton Town Center. His wife Brittany Davis, 23, is speaking out and pleading for answers in her husband’s mysterious disappearance.

“I would tell him I love you so much and just need you to come home because I can’t do this by myself,” Davis said fighting back tears.

Davis said they came to the Easton from out of town to celebrate her 23rd birthday.

“I was super concerned because obviously we’re not from the Columbus area at all," she said. "That was the first time I was ever in Easton.”

She was concerned because her husband took a walk outside their hotel in the early morning hours of February 24th and never came back.

“He actually said 'I’m walking through the woods, I can see the Hilton and I’ll be right there,'” Davis told us. “He sounded really confused.”

more @ link above.

I don't know why, but this makes me think of "the Smiley Face Killers" theory. There was a short series on Oxygen about many disappearances of young men going missing (in very close proximity to where they were last seen) and then found weeks later deceased in a nearby body of water. In many of the cases, there was some sort of graffiti with a "smiley face" near the place where the men were last seen.

In many of the cases, the young men were out walking in an area that was not very well known to them, and they were often heard from or caught on camera just moments before they disappeared. And, based on camera footage or reports from people who spoke to them within minutes of them going missing, it seemed that they were confused - possibly drugged. They were all men who were pretty reliable, without tendencies toward troublesome behaviors, depression, drugs, etc.

I don't know if there is a body of water nearby, and most of the young men went missing in the evening, shortly after leaving a gathering with a group of friends, so this isn't entirely consistent. But something about it immediately reminded me of these cases...the fact that he could SEE the hotel but suddenly disappeared so close to "safety." Also, with the cell phone - many of these men were on cell phones within minutes before going missing...

Again, just an eerie feeling...

‘That was the last time I talked to him, and that was a little after 4:00 a.m‘

Why was he out walking at that time ?
I wonder what they did the night before...were they out late celebrating? Possibly drinking? I only say this because I am still thinking about incidents where drugs had been slipped into men's drinks while out with friends...as in my previous post.

I wonder what they did the night before...were they out late celebrating? Possibly drinking? I only say this because I am still thinking about incidents where drugs had been slipped into men's drinks while out with friends...as in my previous post.

based on what i've read, they were out celebrating her birthday. i automatically assume that means drinking, especially since they were out so late. but i agree, it's become a much too familiar storyline.

So they had been celebrating her birthday that night , presume out rather than a hotel meal etc , you get back to hotel (time not known ) and then go out for a walk in woods ? So if I wanted a smoke I’d just go and stand outside hotel .... (my guess is they might have had a row after drinking / party night out and he went off in a bit of a strop for a while and they made it up on the phone and he was heading back )

So they had been celebrating her birthday that night , presume out rather than a hotel meal etc , you get back to hotel (time not known ) and then go out for a walk in woods ? So if I wanted a smoke I’d just go and stand outside hotel .... (my guess is they might have had a row after drinking / party night out and he went off in a bit of a strop for a while and they made it up on the phone and he was heading back )
This does sound logical. I wonder though how intoxicated he was when he went out for the walk. His wife said he sounded confused but she did not seem to attribute it to alcohol at all...

I don't know why, but this makes me think of "the Smiley Face Killers" theory. There was a short series on Oxygen about many disappearances of young men going missing (in very close proximity to where they were last seen) and then found weeks later deceased in a nearby body of water. In many of the cases, there was some sort of graffiti with a "smiley face" near the place where the men were last seen.

In many of the cases, the young men were out walking in an area that was not very well known to them, and they were often heard from or caught on camera just moments before they disappeared. And, based on camera footage or reports from people who spoke to them within minutes of them going missing, it seemed that they were confused - possibly drugged. They were all men who were pretty reliable, without tendencies toward troublesome behaviors, depression, drugs, etc.

I don't know if there is a body of water nearby, and most of the young men went missing in the evening, shortly after leaving a gathering with a group of friends, so this isn't entirely consistent. But something about it immediately reminded me of these cases...the fact that he could SEE the hotel but suddenly disappeared so close to "safety." Also, with the cell phone - many of these men were on cell phones within minutes before going missing...

Again, just an eerie feeling...
LE debunked the series, saying the deaths were accidental drownings and not related. Here's a bit more info from both sides of the story. Why The FBI Has Debunked The 'Smiley Face Killers' Theory

The missing poster from https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...s-(8)&classname=Custom.MissingPersonsDatabase :

Tyler Davis Missing adult
Davis-(8).aspx

Davis-(8).aspx

• Nickname or alias: Tyler James Davis
  • Missing from: Columbus, Ohio
  • Missing since: 2/24/2019
  • Missing age: 29
  • Current age: 29
  • Race/Ethnicity: White
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 195 lbs
  • Hair color: Brown
  • Eye color: Brown
Davis-(8).aspx

Details
Tyler was last seen in Columbus, Ohio on 2/24/2019. He was last seen wearing a green and blue flannel, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and Nike shoes.

Contact
If you have information contact Columbus Police Department at (614) 645-4624.

Missing-Persons_blank-footer1

Can anyone see anything about Birthday night , had they arrived back at home and both got to room together and he went back out or did they split up before going to hotel room ?

How long were they phoning each other on and off ?

Local to area lived by Easton for a very long time. Its generally fairly safe area but in recent years more and more unsavory especially at night once the local bars close. This being 4 am bars long ago closed generally fairly deserted at that hour. Normally Easton mall overnight security guards and has to be tons of surveillance cameras near this general area

So, hi guys. I just found this thread and made an account. I'm a personal friend of Tyler's. He has been my manager (Boro Wendys) for over a year now, and he's very close with us all. More like a father figure than a manager, and he'd give us money, food, the clothes off his back. He hangs out with coworkers outside of work to play games almost weekly. His son is his life. He gets put in the doghouse with his wife from time to time, but it's obvious he loves her too. He's the kind of person you can tell anything to, and get great advice. But he treats himself like *advertiser censored*, smokes, is generally unhealthy -- he pledged to go see a doctor and take better care of himself at 30. We're all still hoping we can hold him to it :(
<modsnipped insider information>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members