Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single thing Olivia has ever blogged or vlogged about is now out there to be exposed, reviewed, investigated.

They can’t ever remove this.

Think about the damage this does to Olivia ( and sister). After all, she’s only 19 and for most of us any mistakes we made at 19 are long forgotten and irretrieveable.

Such a caution on the hazards of social media.

I daresay parent’s with some eye towards the emotional safety and health of their children wouldn’t be so aggressive in promoting them like this.

I am wondering how many of these kids really could get into their respected colleges on their own without paying a bribe. How many of these parents sold their kid short thinking they weren't smart enough or good enough on their own and wanted a "guaranteed fix". Especially State funded colleges are starving to get students due to ungodly budget cuts by Government. Many including MU here have lowered required testing scored for admission. Some are even testing into College after their Junior year of High School. I know some parents who think their kids are just dumb, mainly because they don't spend any real quality time around them. The kids just do the minimum to get by grade wise, but actually are very smart.

JMO

Slightly OT:
Yesterday, I saw some angry exchanges on this thread, unnecessarily hostile & aggressive. Mods did some edits & deletes.

So, a friendly reminder... while you are politely waiting for a snarky post to be snipped or deleted, you can rescue yourself from irritation & escalation by tapping the poster’s name at the top of the snarkpost, then tapping “ignore”, lower right corner of the poster’s pop-up box. As a last resort, when differences of opinion yield uncivil replies. No need for that! IMHO.

Interesting....
College admissions scandal: SAT tutor who makes $1,000 per hour says 'I am part of the problem'

From the article:
I have been paid $1,000 per hour to tutor students for the SAT. My students have received admission into universities such as Harvard, Princeton and MIT.

This person may be part of A problem, but they're not part of THIS problem. They simply offered high priced tutoring services. They didn't take the students' tests, or alter the results, or cheat and commit fraud at any time.

This person may be part of A problem, but they're not part of THIS problem. They simply offered high priced tutoring services. They didn't take the students' tests, or alter the results, or cheat and commit fraud at any time.
Did you notice the little "blurb" at the end of the article with link to his site, etc.? Like I said, interesting...
100% I agree with you!! MOO

Mossimo sold his clothing line to Target in 2000 for a reported $135 million.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli List Remodeled $35M Bel Air Mansion

and now this:

Target distances itself from Mossimo label amid college admissions scandal

Giannulli’s eponymous budget menswear line was a fixture at Target stores from 2000 until the retailer phased out the brand in 2017 amid declining consumer interest. Mossimo’s licensing deal with Target was renewed several times over the years, but the retailer said it no longer has any association with the fashion designer.

“We haven’t had a working relationship with Mossimo Giannulli in over a decade and we no longer carry any Mossimo branded products at Target,” the company said in a statement.

The college scandal touched every parent here whose kids studied tirelessly on myriad nights when they surely desired to be doing something else and practiced and performed in their respecting sport until their bodies and minds were drained of fuel.

Then they got up and did it again, day after day—until they earned their way to college.

They touched students at colleges and universities across the state who may be struggling to pay for an education they hope leads to life better than the one they left behind, even if it saddles them with mortgage-like debt.

They touched our high-school students, too—particularly those with parents barely able to keep them fed and clothed and living under roofs in a neighborhood where success is, just being frank, not always celebrated.

Teachers and counselors encourage them every day to study hard, to strive for top grades and achievement-test scores, to participate in band or dance or sports or something outside of the classroom and to contribute to the community—all so: You, too, will be able to go to an elite college.

Unless someone cheats.

Unless someone rich buys your spot.

Unless someone bribes a test administrator to change their kid’s answers—even as you sit alongside them (or in the room next door because they bogusly got to take the test alone because of their bogus disability) trying to do your very best. Or brides a coach to say their kid plays a sport when they don’t even know the rules.

That’s what privilege smells like, and it stinks.

thank you al.com Johnson: Privilege exposed, yet again, alas, by college admission scandal

Interesting....
College admissions scandal: SAT tutor who makes $1,000 per hour says 'I am part of the problem'

From the article:
I have been paid $1,000 per hour to tutor students for the SAT. My students have received admission into universities such as Harvard, Princeton and MIT.
Sounds more like an ad for tutoring than a deeper understanding of “the problem”. I hope he’s been reporting all those thousand-dollar-hours on his return, now that the world knows his rate. Losts of Jrs & Srs retake SAT- not for admission, but to boost scholarship opportunities. With free apps its common to boost a score way more than the 200 points this guy touts. He must have a great sales pitch!

Did you notice the little "blurb" at the end of the article with link to his site, etc.? Like I said, interesting...
100% I agree with you!! MOO

For some reason it's not letting me 'like' your post, but I'll keep trying.

Yes, I noticed the blurb... and it mentioned it not once, but twice - in case we didn't get it the first time! Shady comes in all kinds of colorings, lol.

Maybe an idea for a new movie for Lori? "50 grades of shady" :D

Last edited:
I really liked the show she did on hallmark mystery channel if that show is cancelled I wonder what happens to al the cast that is in the show...that show was one of my favorites

The Hallmark Channel has announced it is cutting ties with Lori Loughlin, who starred in the network’s show “When Calls the Heart.” Hallmark is pulling an upcoming episode of the show, which was due to air this weekend. “We are no longer airing the episode on March 17, but we are not cancelling the show,” a representative for Crown Media, Hallmark’s parent company, told Variety. “The show is one of our best performers in the Sunday night slot, and were are exploring all sorts of creative options moving forward.”

Loughlin has also made regular appearances in the channel’s show “Garage Sale Mysteries,” as well as in a series of Christmas movies. “We are saddened by the recent news surrounding the college admissions allegations. We are no longer working with Lori Loughlin and have stopped development of all productions that air on the Crown Media Family Network channels involving Lori Loughlin including ‘Garage Sale Mysteries,’ an independent third party production,” the Crown Media said in a statement.

Hallmark Channel Cuts Ties With Lori Loughlin Amid College Admissions Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member