Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m of a different opinion. The police owe the general public nothing information-wise; this is not some crime drama that we are entitled to see each “episode” in HD.

There is enough on that CCTV for the people involved to recognise themselves, jog their memories and come forward.

If the police released CCTV that allowed the general public to more readily identify the people in question, they could be inundated with people making IDs which they’d have to work through which may not be the best use of resources. Furthermore, there is no evidence that these people have either witnessed or been involved in any crime so it could be argued that releasing images of them identifiable to the public is a breach of data protection/privacy.

Finally, there may be CCTV that does show them more clearly (and maybe the police have a good idea who they are), but if such CCTV was used, it could be viewed as prejudicial to any court case.

I know it can be frustrating but I’ll repeat again: the police’s objective is to find out what happened to Libby and if foul play was involved, to preserve evidence which adds to the burden of proof in any prosecution, not reality tv style titilation for armchair detectives.

Forgot to add in no way did I feel they should make it clear for public drama

If they wanted to reach out to "just" the people themselves they could have just put out a plea for people to come forward who walked between A and B at the requested time

But there's nothing at all to suggest that it might be him, is there?

This is exactly it for me ...why link one of the people in the CCTV to be the perpetrator himself ? Especially if it is PR ....just because it "could be" ? It "could be" anyone ... yes it's a possibility but only that ..and going down Occam's route ...I'd say its exactly what the police are telling us it is ...people who passed by who they want to speak to

Indeed
The question was asked on the last thread as to the point of this short clip and I agree it’s about potentially conscience pricking anyone with information and I’m also so glad they are releasing something all this time on as it shows they are still working hard. Does anyone think there’s any significance to its placement due to LS being in the passenger seat of the car I.e side profile /sitting height /black top etc for people who may have seen her in the car ?

Yes, I think it's very weird they first release a video of her talking about a spider, and then a video of her in a car. Both link to the spider cam cctv. Very weird coincidence to me.

The lower half attire is very strange. Sometimes it looks like wellington boots over sweatpants, sometimes high top trainers with sweatpants, sometimes one shoe on and one shoe off, sometimes loose fitting cargo shorts over leggings, sometimes knee high socks... omg, it's actually impossible to work out what the bloke is wearing.
I've always seen knee length baggy sweat pants and wellies

In reply to all the posts and debates about lack of evidence and why PR hasn't been charged

Firstly we know the police had enough to arrest him on suspicion. I'm not a legal person but I'm guessing you need something.

Secondly they went back to request further time to question him on several occasions. Every one of those requests was granted up to the

Unless he has an accomplice, and if he keeps his mouth shut, then I think he may never be charged (assuming he is guilty at all).

What new forensic evidence are they likely to recover now that they didn't in the first few days or intervening weeks?

I check here every day hoping for some news or update about Libby. I can't begin to contemplate how distressing this must be for the family, where is she?

If we go Occam's razor then PR is the most likely perpetrator, but why hasn't she been found?

Also, have any of the 4 people from the CCTV come forward yet (the later CCTV the police revealed)?

I am amazed that she hasn't been found, nor any of her belongings..

This is exactly it for me ...why link one of the people in the CCTV to be the perpetrator himself ? Especially if it is PR ....just because it "could be" ? It "could be" anyone ... yes it's a possibility but only that ..and going down Occam's route ...I'd say its exactly what the police are telling us it is ...people who passed by who they want to speak to
We don't know who they are and the police have as much as said they can only identify themselves due to the poor quality of the footage. But we do know they're considered important cos LE have asked them to come forward more than once, and have asked alongside heart wrenching footage of Libby. Why?

The park was dark and apparently there is noise from industry that would mask sounds. Could they see much into the park? Or reliably hear much?

The timeline for them is 1.12 to 2.35 am. If there were others picked up on that CCTV earlier / later it must be that time frame. If not it looks bad for LE

I think it's agreed, for numerous reasons already discussed, thatLibby and PR are in the footage from Haworth road at 12.09.

We now know that Libby's friends probably reported her missing before 1.12am so there would be a police presence out but I doubt it would be go towards the park at that point. I'm not sure it would be very large initially

The park has been of interest to LE. Its car park was locked. It's possible from photos from @Vermont24 and @Strontium69 and from their local knowledge that parking in Beresford road / oak road would be good to access the park on foot. It wouldn't take an hour to get there.

Could these people head that way? Are the police perhaps expecting them to have spotted his car? Who would even notice a parked car - unless it was unusual. PRs car wasn't particularly special. So was something odd happening?

What else could they have seen / heard?

PR dragging Libby into the park an hour to 2 hours after getting her into his car? That would suggest he took her somewhere else first.

Someone disposing of evidence?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Unless he has an accomplice, and if he keeps his mouth shut, then I think he may never be charged (assuming he is guilty at all).

What new forensic evidence are they likely to recover now that they didn't in the first few days or intervening weeks?
I personally wouldn't discount an accomplice completely.

We now know that Libby's friends probably reported her missing before 1.12am

Actually @Newthoughts, it seems the 1:12am post simply said they couldn't find Libby but was later edited to mention calling police (don't know when). So we can't be certain that she was reported missing before 1:12, only that her friends presumably knew by then that she hadn't got home safely. A similar post by another friend at 4:02am did mention police so I reckon there was probably a couple of hours of mad panic trying to find her before police were contacted.
@Joolz1975 have I got all this right?

We don't know who they are and the police have as much as said they can only identify themselves due to the poor quality of the footage. But we do know they're considered important cos LE have asked them to come forward more than once, and have asked alongside heart wrenching footage of Libby. Why?

The park was dark and apparently there is noise from industry that would mask sounds. Could they see much into the park? Or reliably hear much?

The timeline for them is 1.12 to 2.35 am. If there were others picked up on that CCTV earlier / later it must be that time frame. If not it looks bad for LE

I think it's agreed, for numerous reasons already discussed, thatLibby and PR are in the footage from Haworth road at 12.09.

We now know that Libby's friends probably reported her missing before 1.12am so there would be a police presence out but I doubt it would be go towards the park at that point. I'm not sure it would be very large initially

The park has been of interest to LE. Its car park was locked. It's possible from photos from @Vermont24 and @Strontium69 and from their local knowledge that parking in Beresford road / oak road would be good to access the park on foot. It wouldn't take an hour to get there.

Could these people head that way? Are the police perhaps expecting them to have spotted his car? Who would even notice a parked car - unless it was unusual. PRs car wasn't particularly special. So was something odd happening?

PR dragging Libby into the park an hour to 2 hours after getting her into his car? That would suggest he took her somewhere else first.

Any ideas?

I agree ..any or all of those things ..anything that they saw or heard to help them in relation to their current suspect
Anything that would discredit his version in events

I agree ..any or all of those things ..anything that they saw or heard to help them in relation to their current suspect
Anything that would discredit his version in events
Also where could they have come into view from. The park woulf have been dark so it might be a good assumption that they'd stayed on or close to footpaths.

Actually @Newthoughts, it seems the 1:12am post simply said they couldn't find Libby but was later edited to mention calling police (don't know when). So we can't be certain that she was reported missing before 1:12, only that her friends presumably knew by then that she hadn't got home safely. A similar post by another friend at 4:02am did mention police so I reckon there was probably a couple of hours of mad panic trying to find her before police were contacted.
@Joolz1975 have I got all this right?

Yes you do.

The original 1.12am post did not mention the police, the edited version did.

Any ideas?

This has been bothering me as well. I struggle to guess what kind of crucial information any of these people have; if they saw a crime in progress, you’d think they would report it. If they heard screams, LE already have a witness for that. Plus, unless they heard words rather than just screams, I don’t see how that could help given that it might not have even been LS (i.e. f*xes.)

It could just be Occam’s razor and they are wanted for the reasons stated- but if that’s the case then it seems like LE are really clutching at straws. I doubt they’d release this kind of footage, and only this footage, weeks into an otherwise extremely tight-lipped investigation (and re-release it) unless they had something more specific in mind. What that ‘something’ is I have no idea.

In any case, the fact that they have re-released the footage with a renewed appeal confirms to my mind at least that there is more to this CCTV than has yet been revealed publicly.

As I've said before, the four had to have come from the Beresford Avenue area. There isn't another way.

Given the time of night and the nature of the location, it's not unreasonable to think that they were the only people in that area during LE's window of interest. That alone makes speaking to them a priority. It doesn't mean they saw or heard anything, but it's reason enough to ask.

Last edited:
As I've said before, the four had to have come from the Beresford Avenue area. There isn't another way.

Given the time of night and the nature of the location, it's not unreasonable to think that they were the only people in that area during LE's window of interest. That alone makes speaking to them a priority. It doesn't mean they saw or heard anything, but it's reason enough to ask.

Totally agree

They could be looking for anything to discredit a version given to them by PR ...where he parked ? How long his car was there ? Did he sit in his car ?

Is there another thread after this? Can't see one but last post here was 3,56pm.

Is there another thread after this? Can't see one but last post here was 3,56pm.

No, no posts since Josie's at 7:56pm UK time. You're in the UK aren't you? If you need to change the time zone go into settings / preferences / set to UTC.

Reactions: bos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members