New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clearly writings of a deluded man. I also want to say they are ramblings. But they are not. He seems to be quite intelligent, and unfortunately that gives it more credibility to those that read it. I am always anti censorship for any information or writings, but this is clearly dangerous to those that invest time to read it, and it is better avoided unless you know exactly what you are doing.

It is clearly writings of a deluded man. I also want to say they are ramblings. But they are not. He seems to be quite intelligent, and unfortunately that gives it more credibility to those that read it. I am always anti censorship for any information or writings, but this is clearly dangerous to those that invest time to read it, and it is better avoided unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Yeah. This guy is clearly sane, and appears to be more intelligent than I previously gave him credit for.

He knew what he was doing, and knew what he was doing was wrong.

It’s apparent that he learned a lot, from other vile mass killers.

I just hope this doesn’t perpetuate the next one.

The 14-year-old boy who was among the injured in the attack has died, his father has confirmed.

Sayyad Milne, a student at Cashmere High School, had been at the mosque with his mother and friends, as he was every Friday.

Speaking to the New Zealand Herald, his devastated father John Milne said: “I’ve lost my little boy, he’s just turned 14. I haven’t heard officially yet that he’s actually passed but I know he has because he was seen. [I’m] keeping it together and tears are helping. people are helping. Just by being here, it is helping.”

“I remember him as my baby who I nearly lost when he was born. Such a struggle he’s had throughout all his life. he’s been unfairly treated but he’s risen above that and hes very brave. A brave little soldier. It’s so hard... to see him just gunned down by someone who didn’t care about anyone or anything.

Milne said that at the mosque his son had been carrying a sign which read: “Everyone love everyone.”

Christchurch mosque terror attack: New Zealand PM confirms children among shooting victims – latest updates

Beyond sad. My thoughts are with his family.

How will the donation money be used? Is it for funerals, children's education, investigation? I see there is a lost of donation money. Who needs it and for what?
Victim support are an official organisation here in NZ, they will be the beneficiary of the funds and they work in a number of ways to help victims of crime. Everything from arranging trauma counselling, to supporting victims through the legal/justice process, to linking them up with the right agencies for financial aid and so on.

Victim Support | How we can help

NZ is one of the least corrupt nations in the world and you could be assured that all funds will go towards supporting the victims in whatever they need.

The give a little website has also waived the service fee they normally take from these campaigns so all money will go to the victims.

He had traveled to Turkey multiple times and spent "an extended period of time" there, a senior Turkish official said on Saturday.

Turkey is "currently investigating the suspect’s movements and contacts within the country," adding he believes the killer may have also traveled to additional countries in Europe, Asia and Africa.

In a chapter of a hate-filled manifesto he called for the assassination of Turkish President Erdogan, declaring “he must bleed his last.” State broadcaster TRT, citing Turkish authorities, said officials are investigating whether he was in the country "to carry out a terror attack and/ or an assassination."

Erdogan condemned Friday's attack in a post on Twitter, calling it "the latest example of rising racism and Islamophobia."

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

Well, I think I've heard it all now and I still can't believe this.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s office received an email with the manifesto from the shooter minutes before the attack.

Ardern’s chief press secretary confirmed the email was sent minutes before the attack to a “generic” email account that was maintained by staff, and was not seen by the Prime Minister.

The shooter's manifesto contained anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim ideas, and was also posted online before the attack.

This monster deserves to be thrown into a cell and never see daylight again.
He smirked when he appeared in court. We'll see how big his smirk is when he's sentenced to life in prison. I'll be wallowing in schadenfreude.
He also gave a white supremacist hand gesture. Well, I'll have a hand gesture too. I'll flip the bird.

Khaled Mustafa was a Syrian Refugee who came with his wife and three children to NZ, which they thought was the safe haven, in 2018.

It is now confirmed now that Khaled Mustafa was killed.
Last night one of his two sons underwent a 6 hour operation in Christchurch Hospital.
The other son was missing but his mother has now found him in hospital.

Understandably, she is “devastated and deeply horrified.”

(The exact spelling of Khaled’s name is not available at this point)

What a tragic story this is. To have escaped the horror of Syria, be accepted as a refugee and then he and his son are killed in a country everyone thought was safe. His poor wife must be beside herself with grief.

This is yet another heartbreaking story and sadly there are going to be many others.

He had traveled to Turkey multiple times and spent "an extended period of time" there, a senior Turkish official said on Saturday.

Turkey would make a very convenient meeting spot for the perpetrator(s) and nationalist extremists from Europe wanting to avoid police scrutiny.

Not only is Turkey close to Europe, but Europeans probably don't need visas to visit. Turkey is also modestly priced, and very safe. The presence of a huge tourism industry also prevents foreigners from standing out and inherently attracting attention.

Last edited:
They were his beliefs, but the question is how far was he willing to take it without a best friend pushing him along ... a bit. He seems the type to be easily influenced and vulnerable to suggestion. He's a really good shot - no question that he has military training. I wonder if there's a military history and discharge record.

I don't really think he's smart enough to distinguish between his beliefs and those of his online friends. How does a committed psychopath return to the car in the middle of a mass murder and forget to take the gerry cans before tossing the first gun to the ground and picking up the better rifle?
Is this 2+2=3?

He forgot to torch the mosque.
That would not have happened if it was his idea.

Dear Otto,

I keep thinking of the following statement he made in 2011.

He stated he is a "monster" who needs a "goal".'

He posted this 8 years ago!

What are your thoughts on this?

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

"In 2011, in an online post, Tarrant wrote, “I am a ****** monster of willpower, I just need a goal or object to work towards."

Brenton Tarrant’s Parents: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
How will the donation money be used? Is it for funerals, children's education, investigation? I see there is a lost of donation money. Who needs it and for what?

They probably need it for everything. The prospect of longterm fiscal damage is legitimate in my opinion.

Speculative short list: Healthcare bills, multiple surgeries, ER bills, physical rehabilitation, counseling, burial costs, funerals, repairing the bullet-riddled mosques, and all the costs related to all of those things. Those costs alone could be well over $2 million.

Specifically, I’m thinking about the child who went through 6-plus hours of life-saving emergency surgery ... who knows how long recovery from something like that could take. And to multiply that dozens of times, dozens of injuries and even the heroic attempts at life-saving surgeries on victims that, in the long run, could still not be saved. :(

It’s overwhelming, to think about.

Some survivors will heave lifelong health issues (surgeries, organ damage, PTSD, etc.) from the injuries they endured, without a doubt.

It could potentially even be structured into a foundation so it earns interest and allows ongoing support in perpetuity for some of these folks.

And I hope the first responders and health care professionals get the longterm support they’ll need, too. So gruesome and traumatic.

Words fail me. My heart hurts for everyone.

Part of me believes he accomplished exactly what he set out to do. But you could be right and you make an interesting point.

It’s also plausible to think that the promotion of his manifesto could have been his top priority. It furthers his goal of radicalization; he’s martyred himself for his cause. He brought worldwide attention to it. He accomplished his goal. Frightening to think about. In some ways, he gained global attention for his hate-fueled agenda.

He also might have planned on being killed or killing himself as a grand finale to his martyrdom.

Maybe he wasn’t smart enough (or he was too cowardly) to accomplish that, too.

They were his beliefs, but the question is how far was he willing to take it without a best friend pushing him along ... a bit. He seems the type to be easily influenced and vulnerable to suggestion. He's a really good shot - no question that he has military training. I wonder if there's a military history and discharge record.

I don't really think he's smart enough to distinguish between his beliefs and those of his online friends. How does a committed psychopath return to the car in the middle of a mass murder and forget to take the gerry cans before tossing the first gun to the ground and picking up the better rifle?
Is this 2+2=3?

He forgot to torch the mosque.
That would not have happened if it was his idea.

my opinion - his manifesto is one of the most dangerous documents i have ever seen and will certainly contribute to more attacks.

and still i dont see how it should be suppressed, it needs to be studied and responded to. because it is already out there, people who want to find it and use it to justify their hatred will absolutely find it, with little effort.

think about the columbine tapes, i completely supported that they not release them to the public, but that they should be studied by certain people and generally described for the public. but imagine if they were available online for 24+ hours and then they took the same course of action... now what?

it is a whole new world.

“I am a ****** monster of willpower, I just need a goal or object to work towards."

At the time when he wrote the above statement in 2011 , he began to travel the world that same year.

Excerpts from news article (below):

"He is said to have begun travelling the world in 2011, visiting Turkey in 2016 and the Balkans and Pakistan."

"He reportedly had the names in English and Cyrillic of military figures - including Europeans who fought the Ottomans in the 15th and 16th centuries - written on his weapons."

Mosque terror suspect 'toured historic battle sites in Europe'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members