MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. I just don't believe her anymore. MOO

I'm sticking with Kim Gardner for now. She has nothing to gain in refusing to demand a clean investigation and prosecution. JMO, something is really crooked in this situation. I'll take her word over the police union that is trying to pretend an officer did no wrong in killing a fellow officer while on duty, playing a game at his home.

The quote from the police union that the circuit atty Gardner is a "menace to society" is extreme, overblown and ridiculous. JMO, they're trying to hide something. Gardner's complaints have been very clear, she's provided proof, evidence of the problems. Her opponents only engage in ad hom attacks.

STL police have had many problems in the last several years. Something is off. It's time for them to bring in someone from the outside, maybe the FBI. JMO

I'm sticking with Kim Gardner for now. She has nothing to gain in refusing to demand a clean investigation and prosecution. JMO, something is really crooked in this situation. I'll take her word over the police union that is trying to pretend an officer did no wrong in killing a fellow officer while on duty, playing a game at his home.

The quote from the police union that the circuit atty Gardner is a "menace to society" is extreme, overblown and ridiculous. JMO, they're trying to hide something. Gardner's complaints have been very clear, she's provided proof, evidence of the problems. Her opponents only engage in ad hom attacks.

STL police have had many problems in the last several years. Something is off. It's time for them to bring in someone from the outside, maybe the FBI. JMO
I think I have to agree with you Betty. I'm leaning the same way. I just wish she weren't so abrasive. Definitely need an outsider to clean up the police department. I feel bad for all of the honest, hard working officers that really do want to serve the public. Such a challenge in the city. I hope and pray that those officers don't get tainted by the dirty ones. I think they need a woman to come in and clean house! Haha!

I think I have to agree with you Betty. I'm leaning the same way. I just wish she weren't so abrasive. Definitely need an outsider to clean up the police department. I feel bad for all of the honest, hard working officers that really do want to serve the public. Such a challenge in the city. I hope and pray that those officers don't get tainted by the dirty ones. I think they need a woman to come in and clean house! Haha!

From what I understand, the prosecutor hasn't been in office too long. She was a reform candidate and has been under a huge amount of pressure since taking over. It's not easy trying to clean up corruption when working against very powerful people who have been entrenched in a corrupt system for a long time. It might make me a little cranky, too. The knives have been out for her for some time.

More chaos between the police department and the circuit attorney. There is such a adversarial relationship between them you wonder how anything gets done. Even a judge admonished Kim Gardner for trying to block a grand jury investigation. What a freakin mess!
St. Louis police, special prosecutor seize email server from Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's office

According to the news report, the Missouri Eastern District Appeals Court had already denied the search warrant, but police stormed in and took it anyway. BTW, all this is related to a prior case, when the former governor of Missouri was charged with invasion of privacy when he assaulted and took photos of a bound, blindfolded, naked woman in his home while having sex with her. He claimed it was consensual. The woman later dropped the charges against Greitens. Members of the Missouri House and Senate called for Greitens impeachment, but he resigned from office instead. He's been going after prosecutor Kim Gardner ever since then. He claims someone in her office committed perjury, but after a long investigation, the charge has yet to be substantiated.

On April 11, 2018, a Special Investigative Committee (SIC) of the Missouri House of Representatives released an initial 24-page report detailing allegations against Greitens by the hair stylist with whom he had had an affair.[112] The stylist accused him of unwanted kissing and sexual touching, violently slapping and spanking her, coercing her into performing oral sex on him, and threatening to blackmail her.[113][114] In a four-page report issued on April 30, 2018, the committee tasked with investigating the blackmail allegation supplemented its report. The SIC chair, Republican Representative Jay Barnes, said it found that the Greitens defense claims that the woman's testimony in a St. Louis interview was inconsistent with what she had told the committee were without foundation.[103]

On May 3, the Missouri House and Senate collected enough signatures from members to call a special session to consider impeachment.[115] House Speaker Todd Richardson, a Republican, said 29 senators and 138 House members, more than the three-fourths required in each chamber, supported convening a 30-day special session. It began on May 18, the last day of the regular session.[9][116]

On May 29, 2018, Greitens announced that he would resign effective June 1.[117] The St. Louis prosecutor's office had made a deal with Greitens that if he resigned, it would withdraw the felony charges for using the veterans' charity email list in his campaign.[118]

So, no, the search of Gardner's office had nothing to do with Officer Hendren killing Officer Alix. Very strange that they conducted the search and seizure of her computers against the court's orders and did so at this time, when she's prosecuting Officer Hendren. Very strange.

Eric Greitens - Wikipedia

ETA: On further reading, Greiten's attorneys have accused an FBI agent of lying during his trial. So why are they having St.L police raid the circuit attorney's office? JMO, it does sound like harassment. She wouldn't have files pertaining to the FBI investigation of Greitens.

Last edited:
According to the news report, the Missouri Eastern District Appeals Court had already denied the search warrant, but police stormed in and took it anyway. BTW, all this is related to a prior case, when the former governor of Missouri was charged with invasion of privacy when he assaulted and took photos of a bound, blindfolded, naked woman in his home while having sex with her. He claimed it was consensual. The woman later dropped the charges against Greitens. Members of the Missouri House and Senate called for Greitens impeachment, but he resigned from office instead. He's been going after prosecutor Kim Gardner ever since then. He claims someone in her office committed perjury, but after a long investigation, the charge has yet to be substantiated.

So, no, the search of Gardner's office had nothing to do with Officer Hendren killing Officer Alix. Very strange that they conducted the search and seizure of her computers against the court's orders and did so at this time, when she's prosecuting Officer Hendren. Very strange.

Eric Greitens - Wikipedia

ETA: On further reading, Greiten's attorneys have accused an FBI agent of lying during his trial. So why are they having St.L police raid the circuit attorney's office? JMO, it does sound like harassment. She wouldn't have files pertaining to the FBI investigation of Greitens.

The investigation of perjury is on a FORMER FBI guy. Gardner brought him from the outside during the whole Greitens thing, which was in itself questionable. He already had a shady background. Then he is accused of lying under oath. It's been an on going investigation since. From what I understand, Gardner was kind of hinky during this time also. There was a questionable meeting with the female victim (of Greitens). When they told her SHE would be called to testify on a case she had against Greitens, she immediately dismissed the charges she had against him.

The article I read said they implemented the seizure of the server just moments BEFORE the stay was put in place. Sneaky of the special prosecutor, but not illegal.

I live in the area but do not claim to be an expert on this. Not really a political person. But man, it seems to me someone needs to take a look at a lot of things going on..... in the CA's office and definitely the SLPD.

The investigation of perjury is on a FORMER FBI guy. Gardner brought him from the outside during the whole Greitens thing, which was in itself questionable. He already had a shady background. Then he is accused of lying under oath. It's been an on going investigation since. From what I understand, Gardner was kind of hinky during this time also. There was a questionable meeting with the female victim (of Greitens). When they told her SHE would be called to testify on a case she had against Greitens, she immediately dismissed the charges she had against him.

The article I read said they implemented the seizure of the server just moments BEFORE the stay was put in place. Sneaky of the special prosecutor, but not illegal.

I live in the area but do not claim to be an expert on this. Not really a political person. But man, it seems to me someone needs to take a look at a lot of things going on..... in the CA's office and definitely the SLPD.

I know people from the area and am somewhat familiar, too. I followed Greiten's case, too. Again, I can't see where the CA has anything to gain by trying to fudge the investigation of Katlyn's death. Sadly, her job would be much easier if she went along with the police union in trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug and let Hendren off with a slap on the wrist. Same with Greitens. In each case, the CA has taken the more difficult path with no reward ahead, just a lot of hard work and a massive amount of public scrutiny and pressure.

5c887673742ea.image.jpg

Pictures of Katlyn Alix are set up before a candlelight vigil in her memory at Heartland Park in Wentzville on what would've been Alix's 25th birthday on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. Photo by David Carson, dcarson@post-dispatch.com

Several photos of KA at link below. Such a preventable tragedy, she was so young.

Candlelight vigil for Katlyn Alix in Wentzville

5c887673742ea.image.jpg

Pictures of Katlyn Alix are set up before a candlelight vigil in her memory at Heartland Park in Wentzville on what would've been Alix's 25th birthday on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. Photo by David Carson, dcarson@post-dispatch.com

Several photos of KA at link below. Such a preventable tragedy, she was so young.

Candlelight vigil for Katlyn Alix in Wentzville

I won't "victim blame". This was a tragedy. But maybe at 1am, she would have been better off at home, rather than at an officer's home, meeting with NH, who was clearly on duty.

I wish we knew more about why KA was there. It was clear that she and NH had a relationship, more than work friends. Yet, KA was recently married. I wonder if cellphone records can tell if KA was there frequently or if this was an anomaly.

Well, with friends like that, no need to worry about enemy combatants, so there's that much to be said for fun gun play, at least.

Good Grief.

This is why I asked about these military games earlier in this thread. IF Hendren is telling the truth about the "Russian Roulette" game, was this some stupid game one of them learned to play when they were in the military? JMO, it doesn't matter if they were Marines, Army, Navy Air Force or Martians, some military troops play dumb games with weapons, especially in war zones. Some also get stressed and "frag" fellow soldiers with whom they're having a disagreement.

Fragging - Wikipedia

People who serve in the military are trained killers. Though most are good people doing an unpleasant job, not all of them are saints, nor are they all intelligent.

JMO

Last edited:
Just continue to be mind-boggled at the insanity of this whole case. From these officers carousing while on duty, to the affair with a fellow officer, the bizarre circumstances of her death, the blue line protecting its own and completely getting away with it, and last but not least, the politics in St. Louis.

A real investigative journalist could do some serious work here - this is Putlizer-worthy, IMO. Not sure there are many of those around any more, sadly.

Just continue to be mind-boggled at the insanity of this whole case. From these officers carousing while on duty, to the affair with a fellow officer, the bizarre circumstances of her death, the blue line protecting its own and completely getting away with it, and last but not least, the politics in St. Louis.

A real investigative journalist could do some serious work here - this is Putlizer-worthy, IMO. Not sure there are many of those around any more, sadly.
It would make a good Dateline. Or even a podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow