Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think it's quite possible that at least some of the 4 people in the Oak Road cctv are just unaware that they are being sought. I live and work in Hull and I have quite a few local friends (of various age groups) who don't know much more about this case other than just the fact a uni student has gone missing after a night out.

It quite surprised me at 1st but I now realise that these days many people just don't bother with MSM or local papers to get their 'news'. Some don't care about news, local or otherwise and are just too busy wrapped up in other stuff, some prefer to get their news from more alternative sources online that they consider to be more reliable and/or honest than MSM. And then of course you have people from all nationalities and cultures in this city, some of who speak little to no English. And I'm sure there are a few other reasons that at least some of these people haven't even read about the case or seen the footage.

I think CCTV running man was more likely running the through the dark wooded path ...slowing down when reaching proper road again

Is it possible the cyclist rode to a 24hr petrol station? And back?

I think it is possible people people do not want to come forward if up to no good ..but also although locals would be very aware of the case ..this CCTV did come out later when maybe not everyone watched every bit of news..and if they saw or heard nothing suspicious wouldn't come forward without it

As for running man - if something truly had startled him, the subtext here being a scream or something potentially malevolent, he'd have kept running. There's a police station around the corner. As it is, he stops almost exactly as he reaches the 'civilisation' of Croda. I truly believe he's just ran along Oak Road because it's the middle of the night, it's creepy, and it's the most rational thing to do. That would get most people's adrenaline going, and accounts for the glance back as far as I'm concerned.

I agree @Vermont24 , viewing him in isolation eg he's cut through Oak Rd to Clough to save some time rather than going the long way round via Beverley Rd, then regretted his decision. I was more working through the hypothesis that this might be running man's second visit because of the witness statement an hour earlier, and wondering what his glance might mean in that context. MSM reports don't reveal where 12.15 running man was seen or what direction he was going in; only that their house overlooks the fields, near enough to hear weird noises from the river/pond and he's seen for 40 yards. The implication seems to be that he's seen near or within the park though.

It's a slight hypothesis I realise, but it interests me that we have two men with a similar sprint/walk style within an hour near the park - could they be one and the same person?

Is it possible the cyclist rode to a 24hr petrol station? And back?

He could maybe reach the 24-hour Spar in the Jet petrol station on Beverley Rd, buy something and return in ten mins if he was quick; some people here think he has a bag on the return route which could support that, though I can't make it out myself. I think it's more likely he's idly cruising/patrolling back and forth.

Something I forgot to mention when posting about Pawel’s 3 court appearances - He never wore glasses in court.

Maybe he just didn’t want to look around the courtroom?
Maybe PR lost his glasses during a struggle in the park and that is one of the items LE were searching for. He then couldn't see well enough to drive home so he had to run hence the running man!! Just a late night thought!

The cyclist first appears at 1:24, heading towards Clough Road, before riding back in the opposite direction 10 minutes later. There aren't any shops open in the area at that time, and not much else you could achieve in the timeframe. My gut says a drug deal or just generally casing.
Regarding the suggestion the presence of individuals in the park at 2am could be explained by a drug deal , during the day you might do a drug deal in a park , however in the dead of night a dealer wouldnt arrange a drug deal in a park , nor would a buyer be too keen. He would arrange it by a local land mark near his location such as a bus stop or a shop, which would be familiar with his customers. There might be naerdowells doing drugs in the park , thats another matter , altho in minus 5 degrees idk.

Regarding the suggestion the presence of individuals in the park at 2am could be explained by a drug deal , during the day you might do a drug deal in a park , however in the dead of night a dealer wouldnt arrange a drug deal in a park , nor would a buyer be too keen. He would arrange it by a local land mark near his location such as a bus stop or a shop, which would be familiar with his customers. There might be naerdowells doing drugs in the park , thats another matter , altho in minus 5 degrees idk.
Yep it was -5 degrees. I run and you can guarantee that when the temperature drops the whiff of weed and sound of naerdowells disappears.

Just adding this to the conversation ...

The ‘couple’ in the cctv ... I know it’s been stated that it’s unlikely to be LS on the far side as the person is wearing dark trousers, but what if LS is the person closest to the cctv?

It’s been suggested that could be PR in grey joggers, but what if it’s LS with bare legs?

The person is striding confidently and not stumbling drunk, but I recall we all questioned how drunk LS was because she seemed steady and confident in the Welly footage ... until we saw the Daily Mails cleaned up version where it’s much more obvious she’s unstable on her feet.

If it is LS & PR however, that suggests they left the park together. So it wouldn’t make sense for the police searches to focus so intently on the park.

The first person looks like a worried night shift worker to me, taking a short cut home and spooking himself on a very dark path which would creep most people out. Bike rider out in the early hours at minus 5 was possibly up to no good (drugs / petty theft etc). It’s the two people striding together that seem odd to me.

MSM reports don't reveal where 12.15 running man was seen or what direction he was going in; only that their house overlooks the fields, near enough to hear weird noises from the river/pond and he's seen for 40 yards. The implication seems to be that he's seen near or within the park though.

My guess would be that these people live on Claremont Avenue. That's close enough to be able to guess that noises came from towards the back of the park, and gives you a logical sightline of running man the first leaving.

They're not in the park, and I'm not suggesting it took place there.

It's quite normal to see drug deals happening in this area, and usually out in the relative open. Cycle paths seem to be a common meeting place. I've probably seen three this week.

Last edited:
The original interview with the son was in the Mirror, 7 Feb but the follow-up interview with their father appeared in the Telegraph, 9 Feb.
The Telegraph only managed a second-hand account though. There's no indication that the father heard or saw anything himself. Wonder why they didn't speak to the actual witness.

The Telegraph only managed a second-hand account though. There's no indication that the father heard or saw anything himself. Wonder why they didn't speak to the actual witness.

It didn't say how old his son was,could have been a child??

Just adding this to the conversation ...

The ‘couple’ in the cctv ... I know it’s been stated that it’s unlikely to be LS on the far side as the person is wearing dark trousers, but what if LS is the person closest to the cctv?

It’s been suggested that could be PR in grey joggers, but what if it’s LS with bare legs?

The person is striding confidently and not stumbling drunk, but I recall we all questioned how drunk LS was because she seemed steady and confident in the Welly footage ... until we saw the Daily Mails cleaned up version where it’s much more obvious she’s unstable on her feet.

If it is LS & PR however, that suggests they left the park together. So it wouldn’t make sense for the police searches to focus so intently on the park.

The first person looks like a worried night shift worker to me, taking a short cut home and spooking himself on a very dark path which would creep most people out. Bike rider out in the early hours at minus 5 was possibly up to no good (drugs / petty theft etc). It’s the two people striding together that seem odd to me.
After reading what you have said I re watched the cctv Oak Road images. For some reason I don't know why I always thought the person closest and most well seen of the 2 people walking was a man in jogging pants but I have watched it again and feel it could be a tallish woman wearing a short black skirt, black trainers and with bare legs. The long strides remind me a bit of the long strides in the cctv footage of Libby on way to Welly as do the clothes. Though if it was Libby where on earth would she have ended up after this at 2.30am

After reading what you have said I re watched the cctv Oak Road images. For some reason I don't know why I always thought the person closest and most well seen of the 2 people walking was a man in jogging pants but I have watched it again and feel it could be a tallish woman wearing a short black skirt, black trainers and with bare legs. The long strides remind me a bit of the long strides in the cctv footage of Libby on way to Welly as do the clothes. Though if it was Libby where on earth would she have ended up after this at 2.30am

I wonder if LE have put that to PR - is this you and LS on CCTV at 2:30? It would stretch the timeline, proving she was still alive at that time, as well as doing away with the claims of screams from the park shortly after midnight, but it would also contradict what many of us assume is his initial account of events - that he simply took her home from Haworth St.

I’m with you - I know the mind is suggestible but that’s all I can see now.
Also rewatching I’m certain running man doesn’t look back but slows and turns his head to spit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations