Found Deceased UT - Andanndine Jones, 3, walked away from her home, Aneth, San Juan County, 14 Mar 2019

Aw, little cutie!

I noticed her name is spelled differently on the flyer. It's spelled, "Anndine." I wonder which is the correct spelling?
MOO
I noticed too and I read earlier about correcting the spelling of her name. I have no clue which way is correct (corrected). This article is the first I've seen "Anndine."

Sat 11:15 PM, Mar 16, 2019 - Still missing :(

Search continues on Navajo Nation for missing 3-year-old
The Navajo Nation Police Department said in a statement on Facebook that over 100 volunteers searched for Andanndine Jones on foot along 8 miles (12.87 kilometers) of the riverbed west of Aneth while boat crews from county, state and federal agencies covered 24 miles (39 kilometers) of the river.

Search for Aneth toddler suspended - Navajo Times
Enlight15.jpg

After three days of searching for Anndine Jones, 4, the Navajo Division of Public Safety has suspended their search to find missing girl.

Navajo Nation officials will begin searching for Jones again in three days, said volunteers, while her family will continue to search for her, and will meet at the Aneth Chapter at 9 a.m. on Sunday.

[...]

Police say her footprints were found along a tributary to the San Juan River, runs along Ismay Trading Post Road.

Navajo Nation Police Chief Phillip Francisco said on Saturday investigations show Jones may have fallen into the river.

[...]

Search underway for missing 3-year-old Navajo Nation girl in southeastern Utah

[...]

A photo of the missing girl was not provided or immediately available.

Navajo Nation authorities say the search continued into Thursday night and that over 100 volunteers joined the effort Friday.

Circumstances of the girl's disappearance weren't immediately clear. Council spokesman Carl Slater says reports indicated that searchers focused initial efforts along a runoff-swollen creek where dogs were observed barking toward the water.

Slater says the location is several miles from where the creek feeds into the San Juan River.

[...]
Dogs? I presume they returned?

I was confused about the dogs also. From the link above:

"Slater says reports indicated that searchers focused initial efforts along a runoff-swollen creek where dogs were observed barking toward the water."

Were these the dogs that were reportedly with this baby? If so, they appeared to be alerting to the water. Big gigantic sigh. This is another sad case.

Seems like they have given up and left the family to search on their own? After three days? How awful, imagine losing a baby and police tell you they are suspending the search for three days but will start again in three days time. Very sad.

Seems like they have given up and left the family to search on their own? After three days? How awful, imagine losing a baby and police tell you they are suspending the search for three days but will start again in three days time. Very sad.
Maybe the searching has to stop because of the conditions of the river.

Gold King Mine wastewater contaminating the rivers once again - Navajo Times

The plant that treats the wastewater that drains from the Gold King Mine has failed.

That message was sent to the New Mexico Environment Department on Thursday by the State of Utah.

The failure led to a power loss, which was caused by heavy snowfall, wrote Utah officials.

Navajo Nation Council Delegate Amber Crotty sent a message to farmers along the San Juan River on Friday, urging them to close their intakes if they were open.

“The Gold King Mine treatment facility failed,” she wrote.

Officials said a team from the U.S. Geological Survey was going to be sent to areas along the San Juan and Animas to collect water and sediment samples.

Search for Aneth toddler suspended - Navajo Times
Enlight15.jpg

After three days of searching for Anndine Jones, 4, the Navajo Division of Public Safety has suspended their search to find missing girl.

Navajo Nation officials will begin searching for Jones again in three days, said volunteers, while her family will continue to search for her, and will meet at the Aneth Chapter at 9 a.m. on Sunday.

[...]

Police say her footprints were found along a tributary to the San Juan River, runs along Ismay Trading Post Road.

Navajo Nation Police Chief Phillip Francisco said on Saturday investigations show Jones may have fallen into the river.

[...]
So the spelling is Anndine? And now she's 4 years old?

Footprints near the water are not a good sign of anything other than she most likely fell in and was carried off. Water reportedly was rushing rapidly. Earlier reports said dogs were alerting to the water as well.

ETA This creek leads into the San Juan River which eventually runs into the Colorado River. How far could she have been carried if she did fall in. It's been 3 days. She's small and water is moving quickly. That's a lot of river system to search. So sad. This poor little girl. :(

So the spelling is Anndine? And now she's 4 years old?

Footprints near the water are not a good sign of anything other than she most likely fell in and was carried off. Water reportedly was rushing rapidly. Earlier reports said dogs were alerting to the water as well.

ETA This creek leads into the San Juan River which eventually runs into the Colorado River. How far could she have been carried if she did fall in. It's been 3 days. She's small and water is moving quickly. That's a lot of river system to search. So sad. This poor little girl. :(
That, and she's a foot shorter. :oops: It's also curious to me that this is the only report of the search being suspended. What in the heck is going on here?
MOO

That, and she's a foot shorter. :oops: It's also curious to me that this is the only report of the search being suspended. What in the heck is going on here?
MOO
I've seen it mentioned on the Navajo Police page, though not officially. Commenters are angry about the search stopping but not getting any answers as to why.

Good image. See where the creek flows into the San Juan River. The SJ Flows northwest through lots of canyons and isolation, past some towns and eventually into the Colorado near Glen Canyon. That's quite a distance, but AJ could definitely have been carried downstream from the creek into the SJ and then west towards bluffs and canyons. Maybe caught by some of those bluffs.

I can see why it's difficult to search. I have traveled here in these areas and it's wide open spaces, rock formations, canyons, mesas, and mountains. Not like walking along a riverfront and looking into the water from a road or walkway.

I'm hoping someone did see her and pick her up. But with her tracks by the water, not feeling good about that option.

I've seen it mentioned on the Navajo Police page, though not officially. Commenters are angry about the search stopping but not getting any answers as to why.
Well, crud. I was hoping that report was wrong. :( I hope there is a big show of volunteers/support for the family search.
Good image. See where the creek flows into the San Juan River. The SJ Flows northwest through lots of canyons and isolation, past some towns and eventually into the Colorado near Glen Canyon. That's quite a distance, but AJ could definitely have been carried downstream from the creek into the SJ and then west towards bluffs and canyons. Maybe caught by some of those bluffs.

I can see why it's difficult to search. I have traveled here in these areas and it's wide open spaces, rock formations, canyons, mesas, and mountains. Not like walking along a riverfront and looking into the water from a road or walkway.

I'm hoping someone did see her and pick her up. But with her tracks by the water, not feeling good about that option.
Yes, and this is why I'm a little dumbfounded that they've suspended the search already. I understand the water contamination issue, but I just don't think they've looked far enough.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back